PDA

View Full Version : Fan Halen vs. The Atomic Punks

TheAtomicPunks
08-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Here's a direct quote below from the Fan Halen MySpace page.

""Sure there's other Van Halen tribute bands out there but NONE that are more authentic and true to the original band than FAN HALEN...just take a look and listen...in most cases those other Van Halen tributes have only two members that resemble the original band...would you really want to go see a Beatles tribute and only the John and Paul look and sound like members of the Beatles and the George and Ringo look like two ordinary guys that just strolled in off the street? Well this is what you get with those other guys!

No other tribute to Van Halen more closely captures the live Van Halen show and experience than FAN HALEN! From the look of the band, the outfits, the choreography, the note-for-note reproduction of some of the greatest rock songs ever performed to the sonic energy of the performance nothing is overlooked...in other words, for those 60-minutes while FAN HALEN is on stage they are Van Halen!""

OK, so let's take a look and listen!!!!
I would much rather hear a band that could play the material as "dead on close" to the original than see guys that were average musically, but dressed in a proper costume & had no life and cut their hair to look like a cheesy version of somebody. What do you think?? Which VH Tribute would you guys rather see?? Atomic Punks or Fan Halen?? Claims like this need to be adressed by the real VH fans....ok, take a look and listen, Fan Halen 2009 & Atomic Punks 2009, YOU GUYS be the judges!!
----------------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFxn3PkjV7w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFxn3PkjV7w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pchJgar7JHc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pchJgar7JHc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chefcraig
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Who needs any VH Tribute band at this point? Kinda silly to be talking about "authenticity" when the real band recently toured and is supposedly preparing new material, ya know?

And by the way, if you really are involved with the Punks other than appropriating the name, you are engaging in an interesting theory of public relations. In the first place, cover bands make their living performing not only the tunes, yet by using the actions and personae of another act rather than creating their own. In other words, they are no different than some band playing Top 40 cover tunes in a pub someplace, except they dress up in costumes. To take shots at another group that is plying the same trade is not only unprofessional, it's simply dumb.

Believe it or not, there are ways in which to pimp your favored band other than at the expense of the so-called competition. The "had no life" line (along with your other commentary) was completely uncalled for.

sadaist
08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm surprised one of these tribute bands hasn't ponied up a little extra scratch and gotten the real Michael Anthony yet. Sure he may have to sign away all future Chickenfoot rights, but really...how hard is it to sign away $10? At least with a tribute band playing in clubs that usually serve food, he would finally have a market for his hot sauce.

Anonymous
08-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll be brutally honest. I always am.

This is pointless, and you're making yourselves look bad. Arseholes, even.

Yeah, a little war/cuntflict is always good and is to be encouraged, but to walk around arseking people "Do you like me better?" just reeks of suckiness.

At least you're taking it a step further and asking whether we'd like to see lookalikes or musicians, but the offensive remarks about the other guys having no life warrants the above reply.

See, if this was all about the dissected question - What do fans prefer? Seeing lookalikes who aren't much good at playing your favorite band's music, or musicians who play really well, but don't much look like your favorite band? - I would answer. And the answer would be something like:

Well, if I really had to choose, I'd go for the musicians. I prefer to LISTEN to the music than to LOOK at the guys playing. But if I didn't had to choose, I'd go to both.

Cheers! :bottle:

TheAtomicPunks
08-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I would much rather hear a band that could play the material as "dead on close" to the original than see guys that were average musically, but dressed in a proper costume & had no life and cut their hair to look like a cheesy version of somebody.

Don't take that in the wrong way. My statement was not about Fan Halen, it was about any "tribute" type act. I would much rather hear guys that can play. And "have a life" referring to the fact that, if you are a working musician, your life involves much more other work that just your particular tribute band. Some guys can't afford to make their whole existence a carbon copy of someone else's character.
The real statements in question here were the one's off of Fan Halen's MySpace page.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
As Don Corleone said, "it doesn't make any difference to me what a man does for a living"...

In my opinion, if any CVH tribute band wants to praise the word of early Roth-led Van Halen and play that music as close to perfection as they can, more fucking power to them... And in the process, make enough bucks to make it a living, fuckin' A......

Personally, I've only went to one VH tribute band show here in VA Beach, probably about 10 years ago... I don't even remember who the fuck it was (wasn't the Punks, I'm sure of that).... But just standing around in a bar, watching a band, drinking a few cold brews, watching the honeys, and listening to old Van Halen, is definition of a good time in my book....

POJO_Risin
08-08-2009, 05:00 PM
The Atomic Punks...with or without Ralph...are...and have always been the best Roth-era Van Halen coverband....not only do they sound better...but have the attitude.

Not only that...but they were essentially Roth's feeder band in the late 90's and early 2000's. That alone is enough for me. If you've become the minor league feeder band for the guy you are emulating...well...

done deal.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Who needs any VH Tribute band at this point? Kinda silly to be talking about "authenticity" when the real band recently toured and is supposedly preparing new material, ya know?

And by the way, if you really are involved with the Punks other than appropriating the name, you are engaging in an interesting theory of public relations. In the first place, cover bands make their living performing not only the tunes, yet by using the actions and personae of another act rather than creating their own. In other words, they are no different than some band playing Top 40 cover tunes in a pub someplace, except they dress up in costumes. To take shots at another group that is plying the same trade is not only unprofessional, it's simply dumb.

Believe it or not, there are ways in which to pimp your favored band other than at the expense of the so-called competition. The "had no life" line (along with your other commentary) was completely uncalled for.

Great post. Yeah, nothing gives me more of a "I could give a fuck" attitude than a cover band in a bar. It's like live karaoke or something....

speedtruckermf
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Since you're asking. In the clips you put up to judge, Fan Halen is better. It's a tribute band. Both bands sound like Van Halen, but that's only half of it. The new punks singer has a vibrato that ruins the "Dave" thing. Fan Halen looks more like the band. And since the point is to do a "tribute" to them, sounding like them isn't enough. You asked.

VAiN
08-08-2009, 11:33 PM
The Atomic Punks...with or without Ralph...are...and have always been the best Roth-era Van Halen coverband....not only do they sound better...but have the attitude.

Not only that...but they were essentially Roth's feeder band in the late 90's and early 2000's. That alone is enough for me. If you've become the minor league feeder band for the guy you are emulating...well...

done deal.

Bam! Nailed it...

VanHalener
08-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm bored with both,

but not these two..
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/korefusion/Cleavage&#37;20Show/cleavage-breast-touch.jpg

chefcraig
08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Don't take that in the wrong way. My statement was not about Fan Halen, it was about any "tribute" type act. I would much rather hear guys that can play. And "have a life" referring to the fact that, if you are a working musician, your life involves much more other work that just your particular tribute band. Some guys can't afford to make their whole existence a carbon copy of someone else's character.
The real statements in question here were the one's off of Fan Halen's MySpace page.

Ummm...no. The "real statements in question" here are how you took it upon yourself to present them outside of where they were initially posted.

Let's review, shall we?

You started this thread, using some random clips to prove a somewhat nebulous point about quality. You went on to ask people to make a choice between the group you are "supposedly" representing and another out there on the circuit. In order to support whatever point you were attempting to make, you made statements that you needed to qualify in a later post after you were called on for offering, leading to you actually needing to quote yourself !

And you are the current spokesman for the APunks? If that is the case, you certainly have shown a certain ineptitude so far in your new position. Perhaps it isn't too late to get your old job back at KFC, where dealing with the public was a far simpler task.

Douglas T.
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Funny this thread appears! I just got home from the Fan Halen show! Derek and Brian have it going n! I have never seen the Atomic Punks but Fan Halen damn sure put on a great show in Orlando tonight!

Douglas T.
08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
At the begining of the Fan Halen show tonight thay ran a video ... a remake of the backstage video with DAVE shaggin' with the gal on piano! They had all the props and all and it looked exactly like the Van Halen skit but it was the Fan Halen members instead! I have seen the Punks videos and seen Ralph here in Orlando ... he sang with the LA GUNS! They did some van Halen tunes! Ralphis a lil sawed off but does a good DAVE! After seeing Brian tonight I think he is the frontrunner appearance wise and sound wise! He's got the screams down too! The whole band kicks ass! All in all I give Fan Halen all thumbs up! I challenge the Atomic Punks to come to Orlando and prove me wrong! Looks like "1984" will be here on Sept. 5th!

Check out these guys, kinda funny ... their name:
FIRE WARNING VAN HALEN Tribute Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/firewarningvanhalentributeband)

All the van halen cover bands can be found here(cough cough insert shameless plug):
MySpace - WALDO&#226;™&#170; - 33 - Male - Beverly Hills, CALIFORNIA - myspace.com/sitdownwaldo (http://www.myspace.com/SitDownWaldo)

EVH_316
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Yes, tribute wars! Chef, you made me reread this post twice, thought I missed what it was about. I don't see the Punks bagging on anyone one here. It's more like Fan Halen taking a backhanded jab at AP. Looks like Fan Halen said take a Look and Listen, then the Punks said ok, let's take a look and listen. What's wrong with that? The fact that they wanted to make sure you understood their view is cool too. They could have left it as is and said who cares.&#160;
I have seen the AP's many times and they always nail it, super cool dudes, don't really need to say much about them. As for FH, only seen their stuff on YouTube. The video posted from Universal was pretty clear, easy to hear everything and I'm still not a fan. Surprising that they would actually take jabs at the AP's. Oh well, kinda like Coke vs Pepsi. I would never pay my hard earned money to go see FH based off of the videos I have seen. That's just my 2 cents.
VH Forever&#160;

Coyote
08-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Without dipping my feet into this too much...

Fan Halen might have the look (kudos for the drumkit, BTW), but I'd rather see The Punks. It's an enthusiasm thing, y'know...

Douglas T.
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Without dipping my feet into this too much...

Fan Halen might have the look (kudos for the drumkit, BTW), but I'd rather see The Punks. It's an enthusiasm thing, y'know...

... or is it just the coolest band name thing?!?:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Funny this thread appears! I just got home from the Fan Halen show! Derek and Brian have it going n! I have never seen the Atomic Punks but Fan Halen damn sure put on a great show in Orlando tonight!

Maybe seeing them in person is a different story Doug, but just from looking at those two clips, it's no contest IMO... Punks hands down....

Coyote
08-09-2009, 06:41 PM
... or is it just the coolest band name thing?!?:biggrin:

No comment. :D

Douglas T.
08-09-2009, 08:42 PM
:elvis:

speedtruckermf
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Houston we have one problem! What is wrong with this picture of David Lee Brian?!

MySpace - David Lee Brian - 41 - Male - LONG BEACH, California - myspace.com/davidleebrian (http://www.myspace.com/davidleebrian)

He's got that damn 5150 tattoo.

davehagarfan
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM

The real band got back together? The only thing I've heard about is some half ass three quarters, scab version parading around as the real thing.

Until Ed, Al and Dave pull their heads out of their ass and get Mike back VH is nothing but a glorified tribute band at best. If you're like me and have seen the Punks you'll agree that they're younger and do a better job on the songs

VanHalener
08-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Houston we have one problem! What is wrong with this picture of David Lee Brian?!

MySpace - David Lee Brian - 41 - Male - LONG BEACH, California - myspace.com/davidleebrian (http://www.myspace.com/davidleebrian)

Sheep Stamp

BWahahahahahah!:sheepshagger:

Dr. Love
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I've seen the punks and fan halen, I enjoyed both. I'd go see either again whenever they come to dfw (going on the 20th to see the punks when they are in town).

Both bands do a good job, who cares which is best? If I wanted to see the best rendition of classic van halen, I'd pop in a dvd of their tour in south america and watch it.

I don't think comparison threads like this started by one of the bands themselves is a good idea or serves that band very well. Just my take. The intarwebs doesn't take well to perceived boasting in general.

ZahZoo
08-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm surprised one of these tribute bands hasn't ponied up a little extra scratch and gotten the real Michael Anthony yet. Sure he may have to sign away all future Chickenfoot rights, but really...how hard is it to sign away $10? At least with a tribute band playing in clubs that usually serve food, he would finally have a market for his hot sauce.

There in lies the problem... Neither band has even invested in the proper hair plugs for the MA character nor the Roth character.

FanHalen at least got a fat fucker up there but that fat boy needs to move his ass on stage.

I'd say the Punks have it closer... but they need to fatten up the Bassplayer.

It ain't CVH without hairplugs!!

May I suggest you hire 113 as your hairplug consultant...

Get it right you bunch of posers!!

atomicpunk5151
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Just to chime in. After seeing the every Ralph incarnation of the Punks since 94, they were the gold standard of VH tribute bands. It filled a huge void while Hagar was with Ed. I had a great time at every Punks show I have been to in NorCal & SoCal.

Now with all the lineup changes in the APs and everyone and their mother coming out with their own version of a VH tribute, it has lost a little luster.

If a few of the tribute bands want to drum up a little interest with a little whos better, well then more power to them. It's all in fun anyways.

ALSO, if you are not heavily drinking at these shows, then what are you doing there..lol?

+++++++++++++++

On a side note Joe the bass player for the APs (the original poster of this topic) has always been very cool at every show I have been to. He also posts a bit over at jamtothis.com and would always answer questions about the Punks.

++++

Former Punks (& DLR band) guitar player BYoung used to post over at diamonddavidleeroth.com a few years back. That was cool for a while as well.

DLR4VH
08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I've seen the punks and fan halen, I enjoyed both. I'd go see either again whenever they come to dfw (going on the 20th to see the punks when they are in town).

Both bands do a good job, who cares which is best? If I wanted to see the best rendition of classic van halen, I'd pop in a dvd of their tour in south america and watch it.

I don't think comparison threads like this started by one of the bands themselves is a good idea or serves that band very well. Just my take. The intarwebs doesn't take well to perceived boasting in general.

This is Derek with FAN HALEN and I agree with this post...I don't think there's anyone who really cares which "tribute" band to Van Halen is better….it’s a tribute band for God sakes! If you’re a fan of classic Van Halen you're going to enjoy both bands as both do a great job of recreating classic Van Halen!

Honestly, I think the Punks are a very good band (I've supported them since Bart Walsh was the guitarist) and they're the reason we do this in the first place. I've never said a bad thing about them but they like to disparage me and my band and say we suck, we’re shitty musicians or I'm a "homo" (actually said this on a Youtube video comment where my son is playing guitar). Of course this is their prerogative and I can understand the emotion behind it as they’ve never really had competition before.

So come on out and see either band, have a few beers and I promise you will have a good time! And if anyone’s interested FAN HALEN is at the Anaheim Downtown Disney House of Blues this Friday, August 14th with a GREAT tribute to Led Zeppelin, Led Zepagain. Then Saturday, August 15th we’re at the San Diego House of Blues.

Finally, thank you to everyone who wrote nice comments about my band, I truly appreciate it and appreciate your support!

Hope to see you soon!

-Derek
The Official Fan Halen Web Site (http://www.fanhalen.net)
FAN HALEN - Anahiem & San Diego House of Blues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/fanhalentribute)
<p>
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vhtribute/HOBDisneycopy.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vhtribute/HOBSDcopy.jpg

Diamondjimi
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Who cares?! Both bands a obviously passionate about CVH and that's all that matters here. Cheers to both bands for keeping the spirit alive!
:beers8::bigboobs::smiley-sniffer::jammin:
:hitch:

Anonymous
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, one it comes to attitude, Fan Halen takes the cheese, I believe.

Well posted, Derek.

Although, technically speaking, now that both bands have someone here, there COULD be a shitfest...

Not that I'm trying to unleash one on the other, but it's still fairer than when this thread started.

Kudos for giving props to the Punks after "their" rotten attitude, nevertheless.

Douglas T.
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
This is Derek with FAN HALEN and I agree with this post...I don't think there's anyone who really cares which "tribute" band to Van Halen is better….it’s a tribute band for God sakes! If you’re a fan of classic Van Halen you're going to enjoy both bands as both do a great job of recreating classic Van Halen!
Hope to see you soon!

-Derek
The Official Fan Halen Web Site (http://www.fanhalen.net)
FAN HALEN - Anahiem & San Diego House of Blues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/fanhalentribute)
<p>
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vhtribute/HOBDisneycopy.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/vhtribute/HOBSDcopy.jpg

Thanks for all the "hard work" touring and coming thru for your fans in Orlando and all around the country! Hope to see you back soon! bring that Zepplin band with ya! :biggrin:

TheAtomicPunks
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Honestly, I think the Punks are a very good band (I've supported them since Bart Walsh was the guitarist) and they're the reason we do this in the first place. I've never said a bad thing about them but they like to disparage me and my band and say we suck, we’re shitty musicians or I'm a "homo" (actually said this on a Youtube video comment where my son is playing guitar). Of course this is their prerogative and I can understand the emotion behind it as they’ve never really had competition before.

So come on out and see either band, have a few beers and I promise you will have a good time! And if anyone’s interested FAN HALEN is at the Anaheim Downtown Disney House of Blues this Friday, August 14th with a GREAT tribute to Led Zeppelin, Led Zepagain. Then Saturday, August 15th we’re at the San Diego House of Blues.

Finally, thank you to everyone who wrote nice comments about my band, I truly appreciate it and appreciate your support!

Hope to see you soon!

-Derek

You're such a hypocrite! I love the fact that you come on here & try & make like such a nice guy & portray yourself as some innocent dude who just loves both bands...blah blah blah! I would have way more respect for you if you were just candid & honest. You have been doggin on us for about 8 months now. I can pull direct quotes from some of your other posts. How about the one where you posted that the Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best at this. If you're gonna start making claims that you can't live up to & try & fuck with someone else you might just get called out & that's what happened. That's how this all started Derek! You decided you wanted to talk shit all over the place. We've heard the comments you've made to people at other clubs & seen the letters you've sent owners in the places we play trying to steal our gigs & you're radio interview bagging on us? Nope, you're right, WE DON'T think we are Van Halen, never have from day 1. We celebrate the band & the great music. If you guys wanna go up on stage & call yourself Edward Van Halen & Diamond Dave, that's your thing. I was flabbergasted when I saw that Universal video that was posted. Seriously? Maybe it was just a bad night? But that is not a great representaion of Van Halen. That was the first video I've heard that wasn't distorted & you can hear everything you guys are doing. Trust me...The Atomic Punks are not concerned about any "competition" from you guys, so you can scratch that excuse off your list.
As for someone referring to you as a "homo" & saying you guys "suck"...100% I can say that it was not posted by any of us in Atomic Punks. It's also NOT posted on the video of your kid playing. People say all kinds of lame stuff on the internet, but we have not commented on any of your videos on YouTube. I will give your kid props, sounds like he's gonna be a pretty good player. I will also give you props on the costumes, looks good. We have proved over 15 years that you don't need expensive custom VH costumes made to put on a great show.
Don't be mad at us cause you auditioned & we didn't take you. You seemed like a nice guy then, unfortunately you had timing issues that were not gonna be fixed quick enough to play with us. Scott actually wanted to give you a chance but I told him no way, not gonna work. So blame me. Then Scott offers you advice & help with your bands & you turn around & shit on him.
As for your email about me making slanderous remarks?? How can they be slanderous when they are true? When Ricky played with you a while back, he said you were talking all kinds of shit about David Lee Brian (or whatever you call him) & vice versa, when Brian wanted to audition for us when Ralph left, Scott said he talked shit about you. So whatever, it's your band.
As for this thread, my point has been made. People can misread, reword, whatever they want. You guys made multiple statements about being the best VH Tribute Band. I saw the one that said "have a look & listen", so I said ok, let's have a look and listen. People want to interpret that another way, I can't change that. As for the "get a life" comment, that was not directed at you guys. How could it be? You wear a wig onstage, you're singer wears a wig onstage, that's fine, part of the gig. Your bass player & drummer are probably nice dudes. Sadly, you're a wolf in sheep's disguise.

Just because I signed up under TheAtomicPunks in no way means I'm speaking for the band, these are my opinions and mine alone. So be it, we'll continue doing what we do & best of luck to Fan Halen. Derek, you wanna talk to me, I'm sure you know someone that has my phone number, maybe Albert...
You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.
And yes, in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters at all, just a little competetive banter!!
-Joe

Douglas T.
08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.-Joe

Could you bring it to Orlando and the rest of the states in person!? Fan Halen is the first CVH cover band I've seen around here in a looong time!! I'd like to see if you can top the FH!

DLR4VH
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
You're such a hypocrite! I love the fact that you come on here & try & make like such a nice guy & portray yourself as some innocent dude who just loves both bands...blah blah blah! I would have way more respect for you if you were just candid & honest. You have been doggin on us for about 8 months now. I can pull direct quotes from some of your other posts. How about the one where you posted that the Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best at this. If you're gonna start making claims that you can't live up to & try & fuck with someone else you might just get called out & that's what happened. That's how this all started Derek! You decided you wanted to talk shit all over the place. We've heard the comments you've made to people at other clubs & seen the letters you've sent owners in the places we play trying to steal our gigs & you're radio interview bagging on us? Nope, you're right, WE DON'T think we are Van Halen, never have from day 1. We celebrate the band & the great music. If you guys wanna go up on stage & call yourself Edward Van Halen & Diamond Dave, that's your thing. I was flabbergasted when I saw that Universal video that was posted. Seriously? Maybe it was just a bad night? But that is not a great representaion of Van Halen. That was the first video I've heard that wasn't distorted & you can hear everything you guys are doing. Trust me...The Atomic Punks are not concerned about any "competition" from you guys, so you can scratch that excuse off your list.
As for someone referring to you as a "homo" & saying you guys "suck"...100% I can say that it was not posted by any of us in Atomic Punks. It's also NOT posted on the video of your kid playing. People say all kinds of lame stuff on the internet, but we have not commented on any of your videos on YouTube. I will give your kid props, sounds like he's gonna be a pretty good player. I will also give you props on the costumes, looks good. We have proved over 15 years that you don't need expensive custom VH costumes made to put on a great show.
Don't be mad at us cause you auditioned & we didn't take you. You seemed like a nice guy then, unfortunately you had timing issues that were not gonna be fixed quick enough to play with us. Scott actually wanted to give you a chance but I told him no way, not gonna work. So blame me. Then Scott offers you advice & help with your bands & you turn around & shit on him.
As for your email about me making slanderous remarks?? How can they be slanderous when they are true? When Ricky played with you a while back, he said you were talking all kinds of shit about David Lee Brian (or whatever you call him) & vice versa, when Brian wanted to audition for us when Ralph left, Scott said he talked shit about you. So whatever, it's your band.
As for this thread, my point has been made. People can misread, reword, whatever they want. You guys made multiple statements about being the best VH Tribute Band. I saw the one that said "have a look & listen", so I said ok, let's have a look and listen. People want to interpret that another way, I can't change that. As for the "get a life" comment, that was not directed at you guys. How could it be? You wear a wig onstage, you're singer wears a wig onstage, that's fine, part of the gig. Your bass player & drummer are probably nice dudes. Sadly, you're a wolf in sheep's disguise.

Just because I signed up under TheAtomicPunks in no way means I'm speaking for the band, these are my opinions and mine alone. So be it, we'll continue doing what we do & best of luck to Fan Halen. Derek, you wanna talk to me, I'm sure you know someone that has my phone number, maybe Albert...
You wanna hear what we sound like in 2009, there's a whole bunch of brand new video up on our YouTube page.
And yes, in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters at all, just a little competetive banter!!
-Joe

Just for the record, the post you're referring to: "Atomic Punks were no longer any good without Ralph in the band & now Fan Halen is the best" was NOT me. That's "Top Jimmy" who's real name is Jason. You say above this is how it all started, well I didn't start anything because I didn't write that.

-Derek

POJO_Risin
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Isn't this what Classic Van Halen rock & roll is all about...

everybody pissin' on everybody else's cheerios.

From one of the webmasters here, in all honesty...Derek and Joe, it's good having you both here at the best "Tribute" to Diamond David Lee Roth on the internet.

Get out your swag.

We've backed the Punks to years, run websites for them and their former members, been at more than enough shows to count...so the Punks know where the Army stands.

Competition never hurt anyone....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-10-2009, 09:02 PM

Amen brother...

Both you guys are more than welcome.... It's all about Roth and Classic Van Halen here, and you guys fill the bill....

lesfunk
08-10-2009, 09:21 PM
there in lies the problem... Neither band has even invested in the proper hair plugs for the ma character nor the roth character.

Fanhalen at least got a fat fucker up there but that fat boy needs to move his ass on stage.

I'd say the punks have it closer... But they need to fatten up the bassplayer.

It ain't cvh without hairplugs!!

May i suggest you hire 113 as your hairplug consultant...

Get it right you bunch of posers!!

ditto zah!

Top Jimmy
08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
My unwanted 2 cents:

Don't bitch at the competition,
just raise your game to the point where there is no doubt!

You're feeling the heat, and handling it poorly:
"taking food from my kid's table/mouth"...
completely ridiculous, man...

You could say the same about EVERY tribute band,
because they are all your competition...Van Halen or otherwise.

Hell Ed Van Halen could say the same thing about YOU, Joe.

How much of your gig money are you sending to EVH, Inc,
for performance royalties?

It's BUSINESS.
When the Japanese started telling Americans
"buy our cars instead of theirs,because they're less expensive & run just as good",
I didn't hear our president declare war...I heard him telling us to get off our asses and reclaim the title!

When Ralph left,
You obviously thought you could keep the wolves at bay
and just keep the machine right on rolling with little momentum-loss...

Fact is, that wasn't the case, for whatEVER reason.

You HAD to know that once your star left, (yes, he was)
EVERY Vh band was going to try to get a piece of the action......

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED your band..

I was in a couple of bands that opened for you guys....total fun everytime.
I even paid to see you guys on several occasions, which I NEVER do anymore,
(too stingy)

The fact is that since Ralph Saenz left your band,
it hasn't been as good as it was. You know that.

If he was still in the band, this thread and the reason for it,
would likely never have come to pass.

I don't think Derek is too bummed about not getting in your band,
but maye you should re-examine the results of that decision...

Had he been in your band,
he would be working just as hard for the success of The Atomic Punks...
think about THAT for a minute.....

(I'm sure you won't be letting any of my bands open for you now that I'm running my mouth, but that's ok, I'm an expert at shooting myself in the foot with the jackass things I say in public forums, and besides..we suck.)

This reminds me of that parking lot scene in Rock Star,
where they got into a bitch fight over who was the most 'authentic'...

Only it was funny in the movie.

(and before you start...Derek didn't ask for, or encourage, any of my postings,
the only time I've spoken to him recently was when he called me today to tell me
what he said about me in that post, so I wouldn't think he was talkin' smack behind
my back....that's how friends are.)

Dr. Love
08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
My band is totally better at VH than both of your bands and I don't even look like Eddie Van Halen and my band doesn't have a singer right now.

My Dad is bigger than your Dad.

Also, cocks.

fryingdutchman
08-10-2009, 11:32 PM
No debate.

The Atomic Punks are the FINAL word in VH tribute bands.

Long live the Punks!

fryingdutchman
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Artie Lange is the bass player in Fan Halen?

What the fuck????

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 12:52 AM
My unwanted 2 cents:

Don't bitch at the competition,
just raise your game to the point where there is no doubt!

I don't think there is any competition. Obviously they do.

You're feeling the heat, and handling it poorly:
"taking food from my kid's table/mouth"...
completely ridiculous, man...

Don't understand what this quote is, I don't have any kids bro! And Heat from what?? Summertime in the US??

You could say the same about EVERY tribute band,
because they are all your competition...Van Halen or otherwise.

No, the other tributes do their thing, they cool to us & vice versa, who cares? Derek talks shit, big difference.

Hell Ed Van Halen could say the same thing about YOU, Joe.

I have never said one thing EVER referring to Ed or VH in a negative way. He's one of my hero's & I will always be a fan!If you actually think there's a competition b/t VAN HALEN & a tribute band..you're HIGH AS A KITE!!

How much of your gig money are you sending to EVH, Inc,
for performance royalties?

Van Halen has fully endorsed us from the beginning, we are free promotion for them. There is also a built in royalty/entertainment fee that is paid by every venue that plays music of any type, whether it's "live" or over a DJ system. In turn, VH collects royalties through their publishing companies for this. Cover bands don't pay the royalties, in a small way, the clubs do.

It's BUSINESS.
When the Japanese started telling Americans
"buy our cars instead of theirs,because they're less expensive & run just as good",
I didn't hear our president declare war...I heard him telling us to get off our asses and reclaim the title!

Don't think we ever lost the title, but Derek & his friends are up against a brick wall trying to get people to think that

When Ralph left,
You obviously thought you could keep the wolves at bay
and just keep the machine right on rolling with little momentum-loss...

Fact is, that wasn't the case, for whatEVER reason.

Cool, we've played Double the gigs so far this year compared to the last 3 years. Added a bunch of new cities & venues to the roster as well. We still only headline & the crowds are just as big, some have been huge & the response has all been extremely positive!

You HAD to know that once your star left, (yes, he was)
EVERY Vh band was going to try to get a piece of the action......

Action? We haven't lost any gigs cause of Ralph leaving, except for the Key Club & that moved to HOB in Hollywood

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED your band..

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it, that's the purpose.

I was in a couple of bands that opened for you guys....total fun everytime.
I even paid to see you guys on several occasions, which I NEVER do anymore,
(too stingy)

If you did..what were their names? Which venue? And, why are you hiding behind a Username then??

The fact is that since Ralph Saenz left your band,
it hasn't been as good as it was. You know that.

Ralph was in the band for 15 years, he's one of the best Frontmen/Singers/Entertainers in the whole Music Business. Of course it's gonna take some time for us to get used to Ricky and vice versa. Watch a some of our new videos, seems like it's progressing nicely!

If he was still in the band, this thread and the reason for it,
would likely never have come to pass.

I don't think Derek is too bummed about not getting in your band,
but maye you should re-examine the results of that decision...

Had he been in your band,
he would be working just as hard for the success of The Atomic Punks...
think about THAT for a minute.....

Well, if Derek would sit & practice with a metronome & work on his timing instead of paying Thousands on gear & clothes, maybe he would be in the Atomic Punks. He auditioned before Lance did, he had his shot. Never know, down the road, maybe he could have played for us, but I believe the bridge is burned.

(I'm sure you won't be letting any of my bands open for you now that I'm running my mouth, but that's ok, I'm an expert at shooting myself in the foot with the jackass things I say in public forums, and besides..we suck.)

Since you probably referring to Fan Halen & True 2 Crue Derek, nope, you will not be opening for us. Just like we've pulled you off of gigs already & Ralph cancelled you off of a Key Club show.

This reminds me of that parking lot scene in Rock Star,
where they got into a bitch fight over who was the most 'authentic'...

Only it was funny in the movie.

(and before you start...Derek didn't ask for, or encourage, any of my postings,
the only time I've spoken to him recently was when he called me today to tell me
what he said about me in that post, so I wouldn't think he was talkin' smack behind
my back....that's how friends are.)

Cool, so you admit that you guys are tight, makes even more sense that you would be on here saying what you've said. You're welcome to your opinion. But, the fact that he doesn't talk shit about you doesn't change what he's said about his guys or the Atomic Punks

Obviously, my replies to these questions & statements are in BOLD and larger font. It seems a little funny that Derek comes on here & his only rebuttle is that he didn't make only "one" of the posts. First of all, you knew EXACTLY which post I was referring to & who made it. Second, you didn't address any others that you have also made. I quoted your MySpace page, who wrote that? I would bet anything that you also told your singer what to say in the Canada radio interview too. As well as the promo pack you were sending out to our venues talkin shit about us. And that was 3 years ago, not even recently. Then, suddenly Top Jimmy comes on here & has A LOT to say??
I'm just sayin, candid & honest garners much more respect in my book. So, Top Jimmy, you're candid, you have questions, I tried to give you an actual answer
Honestly...don't know why I'm wasting my time. Other than I can get a little fired up! In hockey, you talk shit, you get smacked in the mouth. Hard to keep that only in the ice rink when something pisses me off & I've had a couple beers.
POJO, DUTCHMAN & the others, thanks for your kind words. We appreciate the support over the years & glad you enjoy what we do.
-Joe

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Artie Lange is the bass player in Fan Halen?

What the fuck????

No reason to bag on him, he's probably a nice guy, most bass players are. Unfortunately he's in a band with Derek. Met the guy from True 2 Crue, think his name is Chris, was a totally cool too. Unfortunately, he works with Derek. The drummers are probably cool guys too. So I know where the insults are coming from & it points to one guy.

Top Jimmy
08-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Jesus, I took to long trying to fix my last post from the mistakes and factual errors
I made, and the thing wouldn't let me fix it.
I gotta learn to type faster.
(can someone please delete that last post?)

This is what I rewrote:

dude, you don't still think I'm Derek, do you? too funny.
I sang with Derek once upon a time, but I'm not in any band he's in now,
those guys are way better than anything I could do as a singer...

A lot of people here will tell you I'm not him.

to be honest I didn't say what bands I was in when we opened for you
because I didn't want my little internet diversions or bullshit opinions
to affect my bandmates in stuff I'm doing.

I don't hide, quite the opposite...
When ddlr.com was up and running,
I was often (and rightfully) told that I was the biggest
self-promoting whore on that website...

I had this user name back when I was new at all this 'posting' stuff,
when this site was around the first time,
(so the date under my name isn't really accurate)
I'm a huge Van Halen fan so my user name & 1 of my bands are named after Van Halen songs..

I would've named my kid after a VH tune, but the wife wouldn't let me...

On most boards I go by the name of my cover band,
and one of my websites can usually be found either in my signature or my profile.

Also, Derek told you my name in one of his posts...

Just don't take it out on my bandmates, eh? ;)
As a fan of your band, I've earned the right to my b.s. opinion, with my support.

Sometimes I wish I would keep my mouth shut when it comes to stuff like this,
it never does me any good, but such is life...
I'm almost 40, I'm not under any illusions about 'making it'...
I'm stoked to even be good enough to scratch my itch with a cover band in bars.

It's just when I see someone stacking up against someone I consider a friend,
my reflex is to stand next to him,
and (for better or for worse)the 'net is a place where even a guy like me can speak up....

To answer your question-
I opened up for you guys, albeit in different bands,
at Canes (when BeYoung was with you I think, and before I knew Derek)
and at The Whiskey (one of Lance's first gigs, I think..)

Also, I've paid to see you at Cane's several times over the years,
and gotten more friends than I remember to go see your band, too.
Now, I'm not trying to blow smoke up your ass, it's just the truth.

I dig Van Halen, and I was never fortunate enough to see the original lineup,
didn't start going to concerts till after Roth had left the band..

For the longest time, your band was the closest I could ever get to having
seen or heard Van Halen live.

The truth is,
I think it takes a talent/skill level very few people get to,
to be able to play Van Halen music well.
You guys have a great guitarist & singer and you'll continue to have a great time,
Derek has a great thing going and he's going to have a great time too.

I also think that neither of you guys are really hurting for gigs,
there's plenty of casinos to go around, and they all have a ton of money.

...so really this is all a bit of phoney Professional Wrestling, I suppose, anyway...
or at least it is for me, on the outside looking in...
at the end of the end of the day we'll all keep on doing what we do.

Because I certainly don't think you actually meant to imply
that you'd like to give me a smack in the mouth did you, Joe?

I misinterpreted that, right?

I mean, it's all good to get fired up and vent on some message board,
but I don't want one of your rabid fans to read that statement
and pull a Nathan Gale on me, you know?
Keep that on the rink....

I'll tell you what,
I'm at the Cat Club this Thursday, doing some covers with my friends.
Come say hi, tell me I suck, we'll shake hands and I will buy you a beer.

Of course, if I 'get smacked in the mouth',
I might not feel so great about buying you a beer,
so keep that in mind, man.

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 02:42 AM
You say your gigging more than ever,
so really Derek isn't affecting your bottom line, is he?
.......Because I certainly don't think you actually meant to imply
that you'd like to give me a smack in the mouth did you, Joe?

Nope, nor Derek. I don't get into fights unless it's in hockey or I need to protect myself or someone else. Much like you, this is all a bunch of banter and I can get fired up as well. Reread the post.
I really don't see how they could effect our bottom line either, they are an opening act, unless they start headlining the same cities or venues we play, how could they affect us?
I like this comment though, sounds truthful. As I've told others, thanks for your support over the years. People read through stuff, don't fully understand it & reply. I don't think I came out & publically slammed Dereks band or said WE'RE better WE'RE better, HE did! That's all I was pointing out. Instead of taking that approach, I was curious as to what the rest of the VH community on here thought. We were very nice to Derek when we had the auditions & he's been trashing us ever since. So, I decided to talk about it...the rest is a bunch of...WWE!! But, isn't that what happens here normally?
Peace!!
-Joe

Top Jimmy
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
That's one of the parts I rewrote, didn't come out how I meant to say it.
and you didn't actually say that you were gigging more than ever, I was mistaken.
Check out the post above ours for the stuff I added.

Also, I wanted to add that just because Derek and I are friends, doesn't make me biased,
though it might be natural to assume so.
That was my honest opinion.

I don't have any problems telling my friends that I don't dig what they are doing...

When I quit Prowler, they decided to be a 3 piece after one gig with a replacement singer.

I told them it wasn't as good, and they should get another lead singer,
instead of doing their own vocals.

They finally wised up, got my replacement back
and are doing better than ever, from what I hear.

Wasn't my band anymore, wasn't my business anyway &
I respect them for wanting to move forward, no matter what it took,
but I didn't agree with 'em, and I told them.

My friends know I'm pretty honest about stuff like that...
isn't that what REAL friends are for,
to tell you when you're making a wrong move, and not be a yes-man?

Hell, when I posted some of my stuff on the old site,
there were guys that really let me have it...
gotta take the good with the bad, and I did.

Maybe that's the lesson in all my rambling..

Offer at the end of the repost still stands,
you know where to find me in a couple of days.

As Obama said, this calls for a Beer Summit.

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Offer at the end of the repost still stands,
you know where to find me in a couple of days.

As Obama said, this calls for a Beer Summit.

Thanks for the offer, but I will be at hockey practice on Thursday night. Russ and I loved PROWLER! Were you in the band out in Whittier when we all played with Great White one night? Atomic Punks, Great White & Prowler, great gig!
Is your last name Houston?
Derek is still not off the hook, there's a lot more being said than just you're couple of posts! That's his bed to lay in anyway.

Top Jimmy
08-11-2009, 03:34 AM
You should come after practice and collect that beer, Joe.
We're filling in for The Starfuckers and don't go on till later.

The Great White Gig, that was before me, I think.
The only time we gigged together when I was in Prowler
was at The Whisky A Go-Go, I think....

Here's a funny story about that night, involving Ralph-

I was in the dressing room we were sharing,
and had brought a boom box in,
since they didn't have any radio in the dressing rooms at The Whisky,
and I like to have music when I get up for a gig...

I was playing Skyscraper and Ralph had made a comment about wanting
to hear Van Halen, not the solo stuff, or something to that effect
(He wasn't disparaging the Roth band in any way of course, just making a comment...)

So, when he was in the middle of a conversation with some else,
(when I thought he wan't paying attention anyway)
I stopped the cd, to put in some VHI or something.
Before I could, Ralph shoots me this look like
"DUDE...it's still ROTH, let the cd finish!"..:hitch:
and so I did.....

Golden AWe
08-11-2009, 04:38 AM
This is a funny thread...keep it up and cheers!!!

TITTIES AND BEER

Coyote
08-11-2009, 05:54 AM
What next? Are we going to call people who support the Punks "CVH fans" and those who support FH "sheep" (or vice versa)?

Please, it's only rock'n'roll...

Anonymous
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM

From one of the webmasters here, in all honesty...Derek and Joe, it's good having you both here at the best "Tribute" to Diamond David Lee Roth on the internet.

Get out your swag.

We've backed the Punks to years, run websites for them and their former members, been at more than enough shows to count...so the Punks know where the Army stands.

What P. Risin said, plus POST YOUR VIDEOS while you're slingin' shit at each other, motherfuckers.

We want VIDEOS!

Your bestest ones.

davehagarfan
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Just to chime in. After seeing the every Ralph incarnation of the Punks since 94, they were the gold standard of VH tribute bands. It filled a huge void while Hagar was with Ed. I had a great time at every Punks show I have been to in NorCal & SoCal.

Now with all the lineup changes in the APs and everyone and their mother coming out with their own version of a VH tribute, it has lost a little luster.

This right here! They were the gold standard for sure

atomicpunk5151
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
What P. Risin said, plus POST YOUR VIDEOS while you're slingin' shit at each other, motherfuckers.

We want VIDEOS!

Your bestest ones.

I'll second this.

Someone hit youtube and get some more videos up.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-11-2009, 02:25 PM
The Punks Youtube channel....

http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=&dm=2&s=yrc0OTVE4jk&as=1

ZahZoo
08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh dear god... now we have Van Halen Tribute drama and soap opera!!

Y'all really do deliver the "real" thing!! ;)

degüello
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Here's a direct quote below from the Fan Halen MySpace page.

""Sure there's other Van Halen tribute bands out there but NONE that are more authentic and true to the original band than FAN HALEN...just take a look and listen...in most cases those other Van Halen tributes have only two members that resemble the original band...would you really want to go see a Beatles tribute and only the John and Paul look and sound like members of the Beatles and the George and Ringo look like two ordinary guys that just strolled in off the street? Well this is what you get with those other guys!

No other tribute to Van Halen more closely captures the live Van Halen show and experience than FAN HALEN! From the look of the band, the outfits, the choreography, the note-for-note reproduction of some of the greatest rock songs ever performed to the sonic energy of the performance nothing is overlooked...in other words, for those 60-minutes while FAN HALEN is on stage they are Van Halen!""

OK, so let's take a look and listen!!!!
I would much rather hear a band that could play the material as "dead on close" to the original than see guys that were average musically, but dressed in a proper costume & had no life and cut their hair to look like a cheesy version of somebody. What do you think?? Which VH Tribute would you guys rather see?? Atomic Punks or Fan Halen?? Claims like this need to be adressed by the real VH fans....ok, take a look and listen, Fan Halen 2009 & Atomic Punks 2009, YOU GUYS be the judges!!

Who the fuck cares, really.

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM

We want VIDEOS!

Your bestest ones.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjNC72NlPdw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjNC72NlPdw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9oiHF9w6cYo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9oiHF9w6cYo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLvK4rrl4n0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLvK4rrl4n0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

More videos on our YouTube page, enjoy!!

YouTube - TheAtomicPunks's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/theatomicpunks)

thome
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh dear god... now we have Van Halen Tribute drama and soap opera!!

Y'all really do deliver the "real" thing!! ;)

No Harsh..

but it actually nice to have real time musicians talking shop.

Not just posting thier top 10 fav guitarists lists infinite..etc.....or talking about, "Ozzy" need a tampon to fill the whole, Zakk is leaving in Sharons band...Or endlessly bragging about the wood they have over some other working bands new album.....

Supposedly these are the real members or formers, laying some Troofs on us about what and why..I find that rather honest and cool..

Rusty fingers are the devils workshop....Yes/No..?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
More videos on our YouTube page, enjoy!!

YouTube - TheAtomicPunks's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/theatomicpunks)

Copycat... ;)

Dr. Love
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see anything incongruous with an EVH impersonator (supposedly) talking a bunch of shit?

fryingdutchman
08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
What next? Are we going to call people who support the Punks "CVH fans" and those who support FH "sheep"

Well...ummmmm, yeah...we might.

In light of this damaging piece of evidence against the boys in "Fan Halen."

They gig with Hagar!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like the Roth impersonator is intentionally acting like an asshole so that the fat tequila fuck and his gimp bass player can giggle uncontrollably.

Sorry...but this is the most damaging argument you could possibly find AGAINST "Fan Halen."

What's next for Fan Halen?

An on-stage circle jerk while the real Gary Cherone fingers his own asshole in front of the crowd?

fryingdutchman
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
If the person on the board now who purports to be an authorized representative of the Punks will formally state in writing that the band will NEVER (and HAS never), under ANY conditions, play/played a gig at a Cabo Wabo Cantina and share/shared a stage with Sammy Hagar....

Then the Atomic Punks have it won hands down...regardless of who has the better musicianship.

Douglas T.
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
:elvis:

Thanks Elvis! I just felt bad pickin' on David Lee Brian after they was nice to me the night before! Still WHY the Van Hagar tat Brian??:barf:

TheAtomicPunks
08-11-2009, 10:12 PM
If the person on the board now who purports to be an authorized representative of the Punks will formally state in writing that the band will NEVER (and HAS never), under ANY conditions, play/played a gig at a Cabo Wabo Cantina and share/shared a stage with Sammy Hagar....

Then the Atomic Punks have it won hands down...regardless of who has the better musicianship.

No Dutch, we have never played there, but if the money's right we would. Who wouldn't want to travel to Cabo & get paid for it??!! Sorry, might as well tell you that we also have a Hagar band with another singer called 5150. So, i guess that means we are S.O.L.!!!!
-Joe

Va Beach VH Fan
08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry, might as well tell you that we also have a Hagar band with another singer called 5150. So, i guess that means we are S.O.L.!!!!
-Joe

I noticed that on your Youtube channel.....

Is the singer in that band nice and tubby to make it accurate ??

fryingdutchman
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM
No Dutch, we have never played there, but if the money's right we would. Who wouldn't want to travel to Cabo & get paid for it??!! Sorry, might as well tell you that we also have a Hagar band with another singer called 5150. So, i guess that means we are S.O.L.!!!!
-Joe

Well Joe...I appreciate the honesty. I've never heard of the "5150" tribute band, and from a personal taste perspective, I plan to keep it that way.

With regards to playing Cabo....I would hope that you would send the "5150" version there instead of the Punks.

My core issue with the video I posted, is that the singer playing Dave looked he was more than willing to make Dave a joke so he could play to the Sammy-friendly crowd.

If you're a DLR/VH tribute band, then for FUCK'S SAKE pay tribute to Diamond Dave.

Don't waffle back and forth between a serious DLR impersonation and an overexaggerated "joke" version of DLR because you want to gain favor with that douchebag Hagar.

If "Fan Halen" wanted any respect from me as a Classic Van Halen tribute band, the DLR-impersonator in that video should have taken a poke at that fat, tequila-shilling fuck.

At least a playful roundhouse kick near the head would have been nice...

Either way, the Punks have it nailed down when it comes to CVH tribute bands. The overall sound and presentation is far superior to any of the others I've seen.

fryingdutchman
08-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Who the fuck cares, really.

Probably the people who shelled out the bucks to see the shows and try and recapture the essence of REAL Van Halen....while Eddie was off trying to destroy the band's legacy with his flights of fancy based solely on temper tantrums and the inability to control his booze and his blow.

Just a hunch...;)

degüello
08-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Probably the people who shelled out the bucks to see the shows and try and recapture the essence of REAL Van Halen....while Eddie was off trying to destroy the band's legacy with his flights of fancy based solely on temper tantrums and the inability to control his booze and his blow.

Just a hunch...;)

My post is present tense, not past, as is the context of this thread.

bueno bob
08-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Well, it's plenty obvious to me that the REAL Van Halen (and I don't mean Junior, jack) isn't ever coming back. My guess as to why is that they're all a bunch of egomaniac assholes?

In any regards, it's nice to see that there are tribute bands out there trying to do the memory SOME justice. More than I can expect out of EdCo at this point. :rolleyes:

Tribute bands serve to rehash some classic memories and make me miss the original band all the more. I have a very love/hate relationship with them.

That said, tribute bands arguing amongst themselves about who's "truer" is kinda gay.

fryingdutchman
08-12-2009, 05:21 AM
My post is present tense, not past, as is the context of this thread.

Yes, I understand that.

But remember that in the "present tense", Ed still has more than ample opportunity to fuck all of this up again.

Until you're holding a new VH CD in your hands with DLR on vocals along with concert tickets to the tour supporting the aforementioned CD, then NOTHING is final.

And if the worst happens, then the Punks, Fan Halen, and the other "tribute" bands will be all we have left if we ever want to hear the music we love performed "live" again.

Besides, The Punks, Fan Halen, etc...are still playing all the time anyway, so it's all "present tense."

But from 1985 to 2007, tribute bands were all we had....

Anonymous
08-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Copycat... ;)

No, he did rite. That's what we - at least I - want. Let the bands themsleves post HERE what they think are their best videos.

I don't have time to go to a youtube channel and watch all the crap in there.

Thanks for posting those, bro. And keep 'em coming.

And what are the Fan Halen waiting for?

Anonymous
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
That said, tribute bands arguing amongst themselves about who's "truer" is kinda gay.

No, it isn't. It rawks, like having all the living, breathing drama rite in the mess of your own living room. Instead of just judging who's the best at playing/impersonating we also get to judge who's got the more game over the internet.

It would only be gay if ONLY ONE band was here talking shit about the other. Since they're both here, I see no problem. Just like you and/or me arguing with some Hagaritas/trolls that drop in here once in a while.

TheAtomicPunks
08-12-2009, 03:07 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxE23GbHwBA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxE23GbHwBA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pchJgar7JHc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pchJgar7JHc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Pj2_76ONl0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Pj2_76ONl0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

At0micPunk
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Personally I don't think any of the guys look like the real people at all.
The statement of look a likes cracks me up.

I understand a tribute bands place. Some people like that sort of thing especially when a band is defunct and past tense. But arguing over who looks more like them when none of them do? lol Since when does Ed look like Jay Leno or Mike look like the dude in Govt. Mule? I'm not being harsh but if your going to promote that your tribute band looks like the original artists it should be backed up by reality. Wigs and outfits alone don't do it imo. lol

I think both bands have talent and do a good job of capturing some VH.
Really though imo when Ralph was in the Punks and was serious about pulling off DLR with the banter and all there was nothing closer. He even has the scream down. What other tribute band's have a singer that can nail the scream? You could line up EVH sound alikes for miles so imo thats a wash.

As far as looking like them. They all fail.

Check this dude out for someone who truly has that look alike/sound alike thing going.
The Jimmy Page guy..;)
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGa-4H2A7CI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGa-4H2A7CI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

TheAtomicPunks
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1185307189523" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1185307189523" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1167704829475" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1167704829475" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

That's about everything we have from this year so far. Enjoy!!

degüello
08-12-2009, 03:41 PM
.... then the Punks, Fan Halen, and the other "tribute" bands will be all we have left if we ever want to hear the music we love performed "live" again...

And I'll be staying at home, thanks. LOL :D

davehagarfan
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
With Ralph the Atomic Punks were the best around....every VH tribute band shouldn't even bother....the new guy is good but Ralph was the best and noone will ever top that guy.....AP has the Van Hagar years covered now as well....everyone else should just call it a day....The Punks were the first CVH tribute and are still the best

If I had a choice between seeing AP at the Whiskey or seeing Van Heineken at The Staples Center....I'd choose AP everytime....until Van Heineken pulls their heads out and get Mike back....that's the way it's gonna be for me.....

Calderone
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
The new atomic punks singer does a better roth voice than ralph,but he needs to do some homework,watch US FEST even more,his voice is way better than ralph,way better,but he needs to let go his vibrato and his ohhhyeiiiyeah !

Fan halen has a little more looks,but the sound is not better than the punks

Kudos to both bands,but New atomic punks are better than fan halen and are better with the new singer !

ZahZoo
08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Check this dude out for someone who truly has that look alike/sound alike thing going.
The Jimmy Page guy..;)
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGa-4H2A7CI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGa-4H2A7CI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

LOL

Yeah he's got that patented Page live playing sloppy and crappy tone down pat!!

I played in a Led Zep copy band called Ded Zep back in 1980 in the SF Bay Area... I guess you'd call that a tribute band these days. Was fun for the 1st few months... then the band kept harassing me that my timing signatures on guitar were too "rigid" and I needed to loosen up. Told em I'd need some heavy doses of heroin to nail Page's timings... drummer goes we can set you up here and pulls out his smack kit. I left the band the next day...

At0micPunk
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
LOL

Yeah he's got that patented Page live playing sloppy and crappy tone down pat!!

I played in a Led Zep copy band called Ded Zep back in 1980 in the SF Bay Area... I guess you'd call that a tribute band these days. Was fun for the 1st few months... then the band kept harassing me that my timing signatures on guitar were too "rigid" and I needed to loosen up. Told em I'd need some heavy doses of heroin to nail Page's timings... drummer goes we can set you up here and pulls out his smack kit. I left the band the next day...

Well my point is if you're going to promote yourself as a band that looks like the real deal that Page dude is the standard most would expect to see I'd think. The VH tribute bands don't look or truly move anything like them. I'm not a person who is into seeing tribute bands but I'm a VH fan. I think it's ridiculous either of these bands would boast that they are look alikes. That was really my point.

As far as you not liking Page. lol Well we can disagree on that one.

TheAtomicPunks
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Well my point is if you're going to promote yourself as a band that looks like the real deal that Page dude is the standard most would expect to see I'd think. The VH tribute bands don't look or truly move anything like them. I'm not a person who is into seeing tribute bands but I'm a VH fan. I think it's ridiculous either of these bands would boast that they are look alikes. That was really my point.

WE DEFINITELY don't say we are look alikes, nor do we call ourselves by the actual Van Halen members names!!

Douglas T.
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
WE DEFINITELY don't say we are look alikes, nor do we call ourselves by the actual Van Halen members names!!

Yeah I thought it would had been better at the end when David Lee Brian introduced the band he'd have used their stage names instead of the actual Van Halen members names!:umm: Nonetheless you PUNKS got your work cut out for ya with this battle of the clones!

ELVIS
08-13-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm moving this crap...

ZahZoo
08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm moving this crap...

Can we get a courtesy flush please... startin to stink up the joint!! :biggrin:

atomicpunk5151
08-13-2009, 01:45 PM
As far as you not liking Page. lol Well we can disagree on that one.

ZZ is totally right about Page's LIVE playing. Go listen to the 100s of live bootlegs from the 75 or 77 tours. Page is strung out and VERY sloppy at most shows.

ZahZoo
08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah I saw em on those tours... clearly Page's better work during that period was in the studio.

At0micPunk
08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
ZZ is totally right about Page's LIVE playing. Go listen to the 100s of live bootlegs from the 75 or 77 tours. Page is strung out and VERY sloppy at most shows.

Yes thats true for a certain point of his career but thats not the whole story and not his legacy. Trust me I know what the deal is still Page is a favorite of mine.

It's all besides the point really. I'm not being harsh on the tribute bands. One claims they looked like the real people. Being a VH fan I just think it's silly because none of them do. I posted that Page dude as someone who is able to back up that claim..as silly as it is.

I guess this thread is pointless. A battle of the imitators noone wants to participate in. lol I was just a little shocked by that claim.

fryingdutchman
08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Speaking of Jimmy Page...

From the archives of The Onion...:biggrin:

Unreleased Jimmy Page Guitar Riff To Be Retrieved From Secret Vault To Save Rock And Roll

GWYNEDD, WALES—Calling it the planet's last, best hope for saving rock music, the Guardians of the Protectorate of Rock announced Monday that they would take the extraordinary step of unleashing a never-before-heard Jimmy Page riff, hidden for decades in a mythic, impenetrable vault.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Unreleased-Jimmy-Page.article.jpg

Some speculate that this is the gate to the secret vault.

"We who believe in the immortality of rock took a vow 30 years ago that we would never release this incredibly powerful force unless we faced a Day of Reckoning—and that day has come," said Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi, one of the chosen few who helped forge the Secret Vault to Save Rock and Roll, at a press conference in the Welsh highlands. "Just look at the pop charts, and you shall know I speak the truth."
"Let's give rock and roll its fucking balls back," he added.

The Guardians said recent developments in the music world, such as the unaccountable popularity of the Dixie Chicks and Sufjan Stevens, have created a "perfect storm of lameness" from which rock might never recover. While Iommi refused to say when the vault would be opened, hard rock sources believe it will take place just prior to next month's Fall Out Boy–Honda Civic tour, which many fear will suck the remaining lifeblood from all that still rocks.

"Citizens of Rock, we refuse to stand idly by any longer," ZZ Top founder and Protectorate High Elder Billy Gibbons said. "When a puss like James Blunt is allowed to rule the airwaves, we must respond by exposing this monster riff, and blowing minds into the stratosphere."

The Protectorate, devoted to the preservation of badass jams and blistering guitar solos, was reportedly formed in the 1970s during the rise of adult contemporary music. According to legend, the riff, played only once by Page and recorded on a special cobalt record, contains the raw power, mind-blowing skill, and unbridled passion of all the Guardians combined. Recently translated parchments from the era describe it as a soul-searing power-chord progression faintly resembling a cross between "Smoke On The Water" and "Living Loving Maid," but "basically defying all description."

It is believed that, upon the riff's release, even those who claim that the genre is dead will have no choice but to pump their fists, bang their heads, and bow down to the gods of rock for all eternity.

"May God have mercy on our souls for what we are going to set loose upon the world," proclaimed Queen guitarist Brian May, dressed in druidic robes and bathed in the rising blue smoke of a nearby fog machine. "Will it save rock or destroy mankind? We have no way of knowing—yet we have no other choice."

Members of the Protectorate were each given only partial information about the location of the vault, which they were instructed to open in unison only in the event of a total Rockopalypse. While some believed the vault was buried in Boston, Chicago, Kansas, Europe, or Asia, others claimed it could be found in the Court of the Crimson King.

However, after piecing together clues hidden in Yes album covers and Pink Floyd liner notes, rock historians now believe the riff is locked away deep beneath the Welsh countryside house known as Bron-Yr-Aur, at rock-grid coordinates SH735026. British weather satellites have also photographed an enormous cloud, shaped like a hybrid of an upside-down question mark and cross, forming above these exact coordinates.

The vault's Key, regarded as too staggering a burden for any one man to bear, was divided in two parts, with half entrusted to Eddie Van Halen and half to David Lee Roth, shortly after Roth left the rock supergroup Van Halen. The two men, who have refused to work together for 20 years, recently announced plans for a historic reunion tour.
"Before we shake Heaven and Earth with the vicious power of this riff, we of the High Council of Elders of the Guardians of the Protectorate of Rock ask you: Are you about to rock?" AC/DC guitarist Angus Young said. "If so, we salute you."

When asked to comment on the possible dangers of using the riff, Sir Paul McCartney seemed surprised. "There's a secret vault to save rock and roll?" McCartney said. "This is the first I've heard of it."

TheAtomicPunks
08-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Don't know why this post was moved to an irrelevant section but here's a new video..

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/79yfIFoITOE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/79yfIFoITOE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

chefcraig
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM

No, it isn't. It rawks, like having all the living, breathing drama rite in the mess of your own living room. Instead of just judging who's the best at playing/impersonating we also get to judge who's got the more game over the internet.

As opposed to a parking lot where both groups are flyering cars, like at the beginning of Rock Star?

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/458/rockstarband.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/rockstarband.jpg/)

atomicpunk5151
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
As opposed to a parking lot where both groups are flyering cars, like at the beginning of Rock Star?

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/458/rockstarband.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/rockstarband.jpg/)

STEEL DRAGON fuckin rules!

atomicpunk5151
08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Don't know why this post was moved to an irrelevant section but here's a new video..

Maybe ELVIS or one of the MODS could move this to "House of MUSIC" since this is OTHER band type material.

Dr. Love
08-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Just got back from seeing The Atomic Punks.

I have only seen them once before (Brian and Ralph were in the band, and it was in Austin, TX back in 2004ish) and I wasn't sure it would be as good as it was then. I did watch the videos in this thread and from them I had thought without Ralph Saenz they wouldn't be as good. Back then I thought they were really good. Well, they are definitely much better now. Much, much better. Their new singer sounds verbatim like Dave, especially when he talks to the audience.

I've also seen Fan Halen before (earlier this year or late last year, I can't recall exactly) and thought they were good though I did think they were off at times (within an acceptable margin).

So previously in this thread, I had said that it didn't matter who was better, and if I wanted to see an accurate classic van halen show I'd watch a classic van halen bootleg. Well, I take it back. I was wrong. The punks were without a doubt ridiculously good, almost beyond belief at times. If I wanted to see an accurate classic van halen show, I'd go see the Punks without a doubt.

If the question is who is best, I say the Punks without hesitation. I like Fan Halen. I'd go see them again, but it really is no question. Beyond that I had a lot of fun. It was great to hear songs that I didn't expect to hear like Hear About It Later. If they go to your town, you should really go see them. I enjoyed their show more than I enjoyed going to see VH with Dave on the last tour. They seem to really capture the excitement and attitude of early VH.

I really enjoyed the show. I think they said they'd be back in Dallas later in the year. I'll definitely be going again, and taking as many friends with me as I can. The only shame was that there weren't many people in the audience. I felt like a band like the Punks deserved a much bigger audience.

ZahZoo
08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Well if Doc Lust says it's good... it is good!!

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
STEEL DRAGON fuckin rules!

I always get a kick out of that movie, if not just to watch Jennifer Aniston...

jhale667
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I've got to see Fan Halen now, just found out "Alex" is my former drummer Larry...!

Sensible Shoes
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
What do you think?? Which VH Tribute would you guys rather see?? Atomic Punks or Fan Halen?? Claims like this need to be adressed by the real VH fans....ok, take a look and listen, Fan Halen 2009 & Atomic Punks 2009, YOU GUYS be the judges!!

well responding to this before reading anybody else's reaction - I see actors in Fan Halen and musicians in Atomic Punks. Yeah it's probably silly to even engage in this comparison, but I have had some good times over the years at tribute band concerts. And the Punks strike me as the more realistic experience. Fan Halen saying these guys LOOK like the original VH members is crazy - did you SEE Michael Anthony? looks more like John Belushi after a bender.

jhale667
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
well responding to this before reading anybody else's reaction - I see actors in Fan Halen and musicians in Atomic Punks. Yeah it's probably silly to even engage in this comparison

Kinda...and I can attest having been in a band with the dude, the drummer for Fan Halen is indeed a phenomenal musician and player.

Seshmeister
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Get out your swag.

Plus who could forget all the hard disk space they saved the Roth Army by deleting those 750 000 posts...?

ELVIS
11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
uhh huh uh uh uhu hu huh

:biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Kinda...and I can attest having been in a band with the dude, the drummer for Fan Halen is indeed a phenomenal musician and player.

You are not only the PRON king, but a musician as well? I'm smitten.

Sensible Shoes
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Have to laugh, this guy just asked to "friend" me on Facebook - didn't know why, and it turns out he is in a Swedish VH tribute band - He's DLR. I mention Vh on my facebook profile, so not if he found me through here or there. Should I invite him if he's not already here?

Anonymous
11-03-2009, 12:22 PM
You should invite everyone. Let everyone in, the more the merrier.

There's enough time for worries and regret afterwards. :)

DLR4VH
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Well I can put this whole Fan Halen vs Atomic Punks despute to rest right here and now...I present the Mighty VEN HELEN (pay special attention to the 1:19 mark)
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5RoFh18mmM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5RoFh18mmM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

jhale667
11-03-2009, 08:31 PM
That is just wrong on so many levels....

Seshmeister
11-04-2009, 06:00 AM
The bar seems to be set fairly low with our asian friends...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YqB2xyQPvDM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YqB2xyQPvDM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They seem to be much better at video than rock.

At 2 minutes 50 he gets so bored he takes an order for sweet and sour chicken... :)

Sensible Shoes
11-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey, there's Toshi's next gig!!!!

Sensible Shoes
11-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, I had the time to look them up - Live from Sweden - It's "FanHeller" with Leif Garvin as Roth.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggw7FnfmAdo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggw7FnfmAdo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sensible Shoes
11-04-2009, 06:56 AM
He kept saying "check out my batmobile" - and I stumbled on this in the list - I don't know guys, he may have Army potential.....seems to be a certified motorhead.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C40XBODDIME&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C40XBODDIME&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sensible Shoes
11-04-2009, 06:59 AM
This cover of RWTD might be a little more convincing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GXkaMpt6b3U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GXkaMpt6b3U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
11-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm just wondering at what point the tribute bands will have to start hanging about outside school gates looking for fat kids to recruit...

Anonymous
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Well I can put this whole Fan Halen vs Atomic Punks despute to rest right here and now...I present the Mighty VEN HELEN (pay special attention to the 1:19 mark)

Oh, man! Dude! VEN HELEN fuckin' RAWK! Screw Steel Panda, VEN HELEN are my new all-time favourite band!

Are there any more videos by this band? Is the guitar player really Cato? Do they have a CD out? A DVD?

VEN HELEN are the gratest band in the world!

Sensible Shoes
11-06-2009, 08:50 AM
:( I want somebody to look at Fanheller. We need to have some fun with this.

Sensible Shoes
11-07-2009, 07:54 AM
That's it. I'm startin' another thread.