PDA

View Full Version : Al Queada Tortures A Little Boy

Baby's On Fire
08-08-2009, 04:22 PM
This is beyond disgusting.......

FALLUJA, Iraq (CNN) -- Like many young boys, Khidir loves playing with toy cars and wants to be a policeman like his father when he grows up. But it was his father's very job that caused the tiny child to suffer the unimaginable.

Khidir, now 8, was kidnapped and held hostage for two years by operatives with al Qaeda in Iraq.

1 of 2 Khidir was just 6 years old when he was savagely ripped away from his family, kidnapped by al Qaeda operatives in Iraq.

"They beat me with a shovel, they pulled my teeth out with pliers, they would go like this and pull it," said Khidir, now 8, demonstrating with his hands. "And they would make me work on the farm gathering carrots."

What followed was even more horrific, an ordeal that would last for two years in captivity. Khidir and his father spoke to CNN recently, more than half a year after his rescue by Iraqi police. Watch boy describe torture »

"This is where they hammered a nail into my leg and then they pulled it out," he says, lifting up his pant leg to show a tiny wound.

He says his captors also pulled out each of his tiny fingernails, broke both his arms, and beat him repeatedly on the side of the head with a shovel. He still suffers chronic headaches. He remembers them laughing as they inflicted the pain.

"I would think about my mommy and daddy," he replies, when asked how he managed to get through the agony.

His father, Abdul Qader, struggles for words. "When he tells me about how they would torture him, I can't tolerate it. I start crying," he says. "What hurts me the most is when they hammered a nail into his leg."

The father, a police officer, was sleeping at the police station in Falluja when his son was kidnapped. It was too dangerous to go home regularly. Although Falluja was no longer controlled by insurgents, assassinations against police were common.

"I woke up to the sound of a huge explosion ... and then I heard my name on the radio. I ran outside and they came to me saying your house was blown up," he says.

"When the police patrol came back, they all started kissing and comforting me," he continues. "I was asking, 'What's going on? Where is my family?' They told me that they took my son. This was a disaster. I went mad that day, I wasn't normal, I was hysterical."

Khidir's grandmother was at home with the family at the time.

"The kidnappers climbed the fence and kicked in the door," she says."They were screaming for Abdul Qader. I told them he's not here. They called me a liar and said we want his son. His son was hiding behind me, clutching my clothes. I said this is not his son. They hit me on the back with a rifle and ripped him out of my arms."

The last thing she remembers were his screams of "Granny, Granny!"

The attackers rigged the house with explosives and demolished it before taking off with the 6-year-old. The boy's grandmother and seven other family members rushed out of the home before it exploded.

"The kidnappers called me on the phone and demanded that some prisoners that we had be released or they would slit his throat," Khidir's father says. "But I said no to the release. I would not put killers back out on the street that would hurt other Muslims. So I thought to myself, 'Let my son be a martyr.' "

He even held a secret funeral for his little boy. He didn't want to tell the rest of the family that he had refused the kidnappers' ultimatum, allowing them to hope that he was still alive.

Last December, nearly two years later, police in Taji, about 45 (70 kilometers) away, received a tip that terrorists were holding kidnapped children.

"We thought that it was just a tip to ambush us, but we considered the mission as a sacrifice," said Iraqi police Capt. Khalib Ali. "Either we find the children and free them or face the danger and take the risk.

The tip led the Iraqi police to a rundown farm and a series of mud huts. Khidir's tiny body was twisted abnormally. And in another hut, they found another child. Two children are still believed to be with the kidnappers.

Al Qaeda in Iraq has historically kidnapped children for money, to pressure officials, and even to use in terrorist attacks.

For Khidir's father, it was as if his son had come back from the dead.

"He didn't recognize his mother or his grandmother," Abdul Qader says. "But then he saw me in uniform and ran to me. I went flying toward him to hug him. People said be careful; both his arms are broken. So I held him from his waist, and he hugged me, kissed me, smelled me, and then broke into a smile."

The father flips through old family photos -- all they were able to salvage from their destroyed home -- and notes some of the kidnappers are still at large. He still fears for his son's safety, but says he won't quit the police force.

"Never, never," he says. "If I leave the police force, if others leave the force, who will protect us from the terrorists? We are the only ones."

CNN's Yousif Bassil contributed to this report.

jhale667
08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Saw this on CNN.com yesterday...despicable.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2009, 04:32 PM
That's why al Qaida has all but lost in Iraq. They're such savage scumfucks that even the most ardent nationalist Sunnis, that hate America for toppling Saddam, hate the AQI even more for their acts of mass violence and wanton sadism and gangsterism...

Up until the Surge, the US blundered through the Iraq occupation incoherently, but the al Qaida of Iraq cunts are so unpopular and self-defeatist, they couldn't even take real advantage of that...

Baby's On Fire
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Well hopefully you're right. But Al Qaeda has a strong hold in Iraq. And until the populace actually rises up to root them out, they're not going away.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Well hopefully you're right. But Al Qaeda has a strong hold in Iraq. And until the populace actually rises up to root them out, they're not going away.

They already have, that's what the Sunni "Awakening" movement was all about. What is left of AQI is pretty much marginalized. Only the Shiite corrupt militia cunts in the Iraqi Gov't can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and alienate the Sunni militias...it's up to them...

Baby's On Fire
08-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Let's hope. As vile as the war was, it would be nice to see Iraq actually achieve democracy and civility amongst themselves.

Except then we would have to listen to the BCE minions take the credit.

That would be a trade-off well worth it, though.

I am so sick and tired of the fucking terrorist bullshit and wanton killing.....whether its Al Qaeda doing it or anyone else.

When I watched the 60 Minutes expose last year, that did it for me. They showed all the innocent civilians missing limbs, killed, etc. Seeing it graphically sure made an impression.

And now little kids being tortured.....

Blaze
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Law enforcement is a difficult job, anywhere. A million times so there.

I guess burnout is not an option, a very inspiring and tragic first responders story.

hideyoursheep
08-08-2009, 05:46 PM

A stronghold? Really?

Where?

Nitro Express
08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Terror is the only way these sick fucks can intimidate the population and take over. It worked for Saddam. They want power at any cost. I would love to catch them all and give them the slowest agonizing death possible or better yet, keep them alive forever in agonizing misery.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Let's hope. As vile as the war was, it would be nice to see Iraq actually achieve democracy and civility amongst themselves.

They probably won't, because they're a bunch of bickering ethnicities...

Except then we would have to listen to the BCE minions take the credit....

They can't take credit for it. The Iraq War was essentially taken over by the miltary intellectual, anti-Neo Con "Dissenters" that hated Bush and thought his cabinet was rife with assclowns.

They appointed the successful generals who grasped what the then non-existent counterinsurgency doctrine should be (like Gen. Peterus) and began to remove the idiot ideological Republican-ish free market crap from running Iraq and the War and pursued a more realistic, limited strategy that included buying off our former enemies after they were alienated by al Qaida's bloodthirsty faggotry...

WARF
08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you sure this didn't take place in Hawaii?

Blackflag
08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
A stronghold? Really?

Where?

He said they have a "strong hold," you dimwit...not a stronghold. :hee:

hideyoursheep
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
He said they have a "strong hold," you dimwit...not a stronghold. :hee:

Are you his interpreter?

Interpret this-:fufu:

AQ doesn't have a stronghold, or a strong hold on Iraq... numb nuts. They won't even be the primary problem there once our people leave...if they ever do..

Baby's On Fire
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
What's your reason for thinking they don't have a strong presence there? They're there, and able to kidnap and kill people practically at will.

When the US troops are gone, they'll still be there with nothing but a weak and ineffective Iraqi militia to root them out. If they even try.

Al Qaeda is there to stay.

GAR
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
So is the oil!

bueno bob
08-10-2009, 05:10 AM
In any regards, that's a disgusting story. Why can't Opium just have a field day with these assholes and have them all OD at the same time?

hideyoursheep
08-10-2009, 05:53 AM
What's your reason for thinking they don't have a strong presence there? They're there, and able to kidnap and kill people practically at will. Wrong. They don't operate "at will". They operate on the down low, as not to get CAUGHT. If they get caught, it's on.

The same things done to this poor boy by AQ are the same things done to suspected AQ by the Iraqi Police. Especially when it involves those Mahdi militia types. And there's not a goddam thing the US can do about it, because it's their country.

When the US troops are gone, they'll still be there with nothing but a weak and ineffective Iraqi militia to root them out. If they even try.

Al Qaeda is there to stay.
The ISF is doing most all the fighting with the US looking over their shoulders at the moment. The more victories they earn themselves, the lees dependent they become on us, and the more confident they become in combating AQ and whatever sliver of terrorism that arises.

And yes...it should have happened a long time ago, but some idiots in Washington thought it would be a good idea to totally ignore former Iraqi military personnel who could have assisted in speeding up the process of securing their own fucking country in favor of wasting money on KBR, Haliburton, and driving a wedge between a majority Shiite population and it's Sunni minority by insisting on giving Iraq a "Democracy"....one that would be freindly during those long-term oil contracts that Dubyah's "base" wanted so badly. Priorities during the first few years were so fucked up, the security operations had to be started from scratch about 4 years later.

There will be sectarian violence regardless if the US stays or not. It's pointless to make that our battle.

You will never get me to argue invading Iraq was a good idea. But the "we marched in, we can march out" slogan isn't going to fly, because WE BROKE IT. Now we should at least provide enough help to fix it.