PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 The Falling Man

Seshmeister
08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXnA9FjvLSU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXnA9FjvLSU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Decent documentary that was on here in the UK a few years back. Someone has somehow managed to squeeze it all onto YouTube.

Baby's On Fire
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The first time I saw that I almost puked...and it still makes me feel like puking.

That video puts it all in perspective should anyone forget.

Golden AWe
08-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks! I watched the whole clip. Some touching voice clips, photos and video clips there...

sadaist
08-11-2009, 12:20 PM
You made fun of people getting scared at the unannounced photo op flying of Air Force One through New York, said the heinous post below, and now want to post this?

FUCK YOU!

Wow New Yorkers have been completely owned by 9-11 if they are still shitting themselves over something like this.

Land of the brave my ass...

Seshmeister
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Not at all, unfuck me.

davehagarfan
08-11-2009, 01:37 PM
One of the worst days of my life.....what makes me wanna puke even more is how some try and spin it that it was somehow our fault and not the crazy, fucked up, nut sacks who perportrated it in the first place....

Baby's On Fire
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
One of the worst days of my life.....what makes me wanna puke even more is how some try and spin it that it was somehow our fault and not the crazy, fucked up, nut sacks who perportrated it in the first place....

Agreed. If I remember correctly, it turned out this "American Infidel" was a Mexican waiter or some such thing, probably bussing tables for minimum wage.

While there were apparent / obvious failures by the FBI or whoever else to respond to tips of towel-headed pricks wanting to learn to fly planes and not learn to land, or perhaps other alleged tips that filtered in...the bottom line is the religious zealot terrorist towel-headed fucked-up assholes did a horrible thing.

My blood still boils over it...I can't even watch that video because I know it's gonna infuriate me. I remember it all too well.

It is fucking disgusting....I can't even imagine what that guy suffered. And all the others.

Nickdfresh
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I've never seen that photo before and God it's fucking awful. I was certainly aware of the hellish choice to either jump or burn to death. But I've never seen that...

Nickdfresh
08-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Agreed. If I remember correctly, it turned out this "American Infidel" was a Mexican waiter or some such thing, probably bussing tables for minimum wage.

We also forget that a large number of Muslims, mostly Pakistanis, were also murdered on that day. But then, al Qaida could give a fuck about murdering Allah's children...

But if it's any condolence, if he was a waiter or busser in NYC, he was making a fuck lot more than minimum wage...

Baby's On Fire
08-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I remember the first time I saw the photo. I was waiting in the lobby for my rental car and was reading TIME or MCLEAN's or whatever.

I flipped the page and saw that still shot where he was in mid summer sault holding hands with the woman as they fell. I literally almost puked and had tears in my eyes.

I'll never forget it. I don't want to watch this clip so I'm not sure if it's the same pic.

It was so graphic I'll never forget it.

Baby's On Fire
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
We also forget that a large number of Muslims, mostly Pakistanis, were also murdered on that day. But then, al Qaida could give a fuck about murdering Allah's children...

I'm not slamming all Muslims. For a long time I did cuz I was so PISSED. Especially at the images of the chanting and cheering towel heads after 9-11. But I'm older and a little smarter to the media spin.

I know real Muslims abhor this shit.

jhale667
08-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm not slamming all Muslims. For a long time I did cuz I was so PISSED. Especially at the images of the chanting and cheering towel heads after 9-11. But I'm older and a little smarter to the media spin.

I know real Muslims abhor this shit.

Much like they abhor being called "towel heads" one imagines...

Still, horrible choice...jump or burn. Hope I'll never have to, but think I'd have to choose the former. The free-fall would absolutely suck, but it'd be over on impact. Burning is a slow, agonizing, horrendous way to die...:(

Nitro Express
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Reminds me of the movie Flyboys where they carried a pistol in the plane in case it caught fire. You shot yourself in the head to avoid the agony.

sadaist
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Does anyone else remember soon after 9/11 the corporate parachutes being marketed & sold? If I remember correctly, they were extremely high priced, but reported as selling like crazy.

davehagarfan
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Still, horrible choice...jump or burn. Hope I'll never have to, but think I'd have to choose the former. The free-fall would absolutely suck, but it'd be over on impact. Burning is a slow, agonizing, horrendous way to die...:(

Yeah I probably shouldn't have said that but I was referring to the Taliban when I said it....I know it's disrespectful but I don't respect the Taliban.....besides it's not like the Middle East is all that tolerant of "The Jews"

I respect any moderate Muslim.....like Wafa Sultan for example....

But I just don't get their religion...alot like I don't get the Mormons.....but I barely have the patience for most Christianity.....

jhale667
08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
All organized religion is wacky.

Ally_Kat
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I honestly cannot watch any documentaries on this topic. You'd think the more time that passes, the easier it would be. But it isn't. It actually gets harder for me.

Baby's On Fire
08-12-2009, 08:03 PM

They are towel heads.

Do you think they have nice names for us?

Baby's On Fire
08-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Okay...I gave in and watched this.

The photographer justifies his indifference to the people falling while he takes the pics. He says "I see it not as part of their deaths, but as part of their lives. Just people falling..."

Just people falling? What a fucking media hungry, money grabbing whore! Just people falling huh, douche bag?

Someone should drag this fucking cocksucker up to the 92nd floor somewhere, throw his fucking ass out an open window, and then shout "it's only a guy falling!"

This piece of shit is as bad or worse than the towel headed fucking Arab cocksuckers who murdered everybody.

"Just people falling...."

jhale667
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
They are towel heads.

Do you think they have nice names for us?

Who cares? :mad0216:
Does that make it right? Your using racist generalizations doesn't help your argument, it just makes you seem as stupid as they are. Way to be tolerant.

Baby's On Fire
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
It's not a racial generalization. It's a religious generalization.

And I'm referring to Muslim zealot assholes. I hate Christian zealot assholes as much, or more, than Muslin zealot assholes.

At least the average Muslim zealot asshole isn't a hypocrate religious zealot asshole.

Get it?

jhale667
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I get it, but if you're referring to Muslim zealots, say so. And don't give me "it's easier to type 'towel head'".

Baby's On Fire
08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
It's easier to type towel head.

It's like an insult, meant to distinguish real Muslims from the assholes.

The assholes don't deserve any dignity whatsoever. Whether they be towel heads or fucking Christian zealot assholes....If I can think of a slur for Christian zealot assholes, I'll adopt it.

lesfunk
08-13-2009, 02:04 AM
It's easier to type towel head.

It's like an insult, meant to distinguish real Muslims from the assholes.

The assholes don't deserve any dignity whatsoever. Whether they be towel heads or fucking Christian zealot assholes....If I can think of a slur for Christian zealot assholes, I'll adopt it.

Palins?

lesfunk
08-13-2009, 02:05 AM
BTW, I prefer "Dune Coons"

davehagarfan
08-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Palins?

Sure!

Golden AWe
08-13-2009, 03:16 AM
Sure!

Yes please!

Dr. Love
08-13-2009, 09:57 AM

Not mine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastafarianism)

ZahZoo
08-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah I probably shouldn't have said that but I was referring to the Taliban when I said it....I know it's disrespectful but I don't respect the Taliban.....besides it's not like the Middle East is all that tolerant of "The Jews"

I respect any moderate Muslim.....like Wafa Sultan for example....

But I just don't get their religion...alot like I don't get the Mormons.....but I barely have the patience for most Christianity.....

The Muslim religion isn't all that different than Jewish or Christian religions... it all comes from the same old testament sources and time periods in the history of that region. Figuratively Muhammad, the founding unit is referred to as a decendant of Ishmael, son of Abraham. I think these were more tribal designations than genetic lines...

They're just a branch off the same tree of nuts who were designated prophets back when the tribal village idiots would wander off into caves and either get high or hallucinate from malnutrition then return back to camp claiming they've been having a sitdown with big god dude of the day.

Many were just self-deluded leaders who weren't much different than today's regional Taliban or Muslum "War-Lords"... they'd talk shit real big, gather a herd of sheep and then go rape and pillage neighboring tribes... thus building their following.

Don't confuse Islamic law/culture with Islamic religion... not the same thing. They hide their politicians, dictators and the general jackasses that run these countries/regions behind the title of Cleric or some alleged religious hierarchy... most are power monkering psychopaths who never evolved intellectually much beyond the stone-age in their cultural belief systems. They rule through violence, greed, hatred and basically bully tactics to keep their masses in control... all disguised as "spiritual leaders". Rarely does their law have any semblance of Islamic religion.

Baby's On Fire
08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
BTW, I prefer "Dune Coons"

I love it. I'm gonna adopt that immediately.

Nitro Express
08-14-2009, 11:25 PM

It's just another enterprise where a few people at the top run the people under them around by duping and expoiting them.

letsrock
08-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Very touching documentary.
Thanks for making us all cry.
My heart still goes out to those people.

Seshmeister
08-15-2009, 07:46 AM
It's just another enterprise where a few people at the top run the people under them around by duping and expoiting them.

The problem is like everything else you always get a few idiots that take what should just be a bit of fun far too seriously.

VH Drummer
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I was in 7th grade on 9/11 and I'll always remember the day. We weren't allowed to go outside for gym but I remember after school everything was so quiet, so eerily quiet--especially up in the skies with no air traffic. Just a real uneasy feeling in the gut, even thinking about it.

My family had actually planned on being in New York that day for a vacation. We were going to see a Yankees game, Mets game, visit all the big landmarks and save the WTC for last. I'm thankful we never went.