PDA

View Full Version : Robert Novak Dead at 78

FORD
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/novak_douchebag_of_liberty.jpg

Columnist Robert Novak dies at 78

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Conservative columnist and former CNN "Crossfire" co-host Robert Novak died after a yearlong battle with cancer, his family said Tuesday. He was 78.

Novak died at home, over a year after doctors diagnosed him with a malignant brain tumor in August 2008.

He was a veteran columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and a regular commentator for CNN for 25 years, beginning when the network launched in 1980.

For most of that time, he was a co-host of the political debate program "Crossfire." But he also hosted a show with his longtime column co-author, Rowland Evans, and appeared as a panelist on shows like "The Capital Gang" and on PBS' "The McLaughlin Group."

Friends dubbed him "The Prince of Darkness" for his pessimistic persona, and he used the nickname as the title of his 2007 memoir.

Novak got his first newspaper job in 1948, when he was still in high school.

He served in the Army during the Korean War before turning to the news business, eventually starting his column with Evans at the now-defunct New York Herald-Tribune in 1963.

In 2003, he found himself at the center of the scandal over the exposure of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, when he published a column revealing her CIA status days after her husband challenged a key Bush administration justification for the invasion of Iraq.

The scandal ultimately led to the conviction of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, on charges of perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators probing the leak.

Novak cooperated with a special prosecutor and was not charged in the case.

Columnist Robert Novak dies at 78 - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/18/robert.novak.obituary/index.html)

FORD
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I used to watch the original Crossfire on CNN back in the Ted Turner days, and thought Novakula did a fairly reasonable job. But that was back when right wingers on TV were still willing to debate and not shout down. His involvement in outing Valerie Plame proved that he wasn't any better than the neocon shitbags. Not a good note to go out on, Bob. Though I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anybody........

FORD
08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOvXeb5jCJI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOvXeb5jCJI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nitro Express
08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
What makes me laugh if you Democrats actually think you are any better than the Republicans. Anyone who is loyal to either is blind.

Kristy
08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Novak cooperated with a special prosecutor and was not charged in the case.

Boggles the mind why he never faced criminal prosecution. I have little sympathy for Novak the guy was hack journalist and a liability for CNN much less the entire country.

FORD
08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't have a lot of use for some of the "Democrats" either. Certainly not the ones from some of your neighboring states. (Max Bluecross, Kent Co-op, Tom Dasshole, etc.)

Hell, right now I could probably name the Democrats I have any sort of trust in at all on one hand. Howard Dean. Dennis Kucinich. Russ Feingold. Barbara Boxer. Maybe a few others. Definitely the Congressional Black Caucus (the only ones who stood up for President Gore when it was time to certify the 2000 electoral fraud)

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 06:52 AM
"Boggles the mind why he never faced criminal prosecution. "

Boggles the mind why anyone that would have an opinion on this topic wouldn’t know the facts. There’s a reason that this was and will remain a huge story. Let’s see if your hack enough to find out the facts.

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Ford, try using an original thought. Your little monkey from the daily show keeps telling you what to think.

Novak had his eye on more than a political party and was very good as a journalist. I loved this column from back in 2001. It was dead on then and dead on now. He will be missed not unlike Tim Russert.
Novak was one of a kind.
Robert Novak : Bush's failure - Townhall.com (http://townhall.com/columnists/RobertNovak/2001/09/24/bushs_failure)

Kristy
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Boggles the mind why anyone that would have an opinion on this topic wouldn’t know the facts. There’s a reason that this was and will remain a huge story. Let’s see if your hack enough to find out the facts.

Please enlighten me, since you use the word "facts" twice in your a statement and yet can't produce a singe one yourself, asshole. Novak was a cantankerous prick, a horrible writer, pseudo libertarian, closeted anti-Semite and purposefully leaked highly classified information to the public which, by legal standards, is a felony. He sold out his country for a headline. Now, if those aren't facts then please tell me what is.

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job to search through the court documents surrounding Plame and her fuckup husband Wislon. Once again, a liberal cunt from Colorado has to show she doesn’t know shit about the past. You’re in good company though. You and Patsy should get together, bake some cookies, and swap pussies.:eatit:

Kristy
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job to search through the court documents surrounding Plame and her fuckup husband Wislon. Once again, a liberal cunt from Colorado has to show she doesn’t know shit about the past.

I'm hardly a "liberal" you backwoods swastika-tattooed 9th-grade educated hick. Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw. Maybe you can rip it into the ass of yours that you talk out of.

bueno bob
08-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Enlighten yourself, slug trail. It’s not my fucking job...

That bullshit right there pretty much negates anything else you have to say on the topic. You wanna talk about "facts" and then refuse to produce any to support your own point?

Fucking pathetic.

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Novak blew CIA cover, reputation never recovered (http://www.examiner.com/x-13426-CIA-Examiner~y2009m8d19-Novak-blew-CIA-cover-reputation-never-recovered)

Are you two related Bob? Not you and Kristy, you and FORD. Just wondering. Try an original thought and do your own fucking research.

We need more independence with our fucking opinions instead of this bullshit pied piper attitude and aptitude.

Get a clue and meanwhile get the fuck out of the way.

Kristy
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Are you two related Bob? Not you and Kristy, you and FORD. Just wondering. Try an original thought and do your own fucking research.

Oh, by "doing research" you mean hot-linking to a website? Talk about originality! Wow. That must have took some real footwork on your part.

jhale667
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Get a clue and meanwhile get the fuck out of the way.

More like get over yourself....geez.

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I've never met a broad from Denver that wasn't a lib, Kristy. I do know that Denver is "Skinhead Central". Maybe you've dated some of those thus allowing your projection.

I could enlighten you on a trip to the European Grand Prix this weekend. You've heard of Formula One haven't you? And for the record, TSA won't allow my chainsaw through security.:hee:

jhale667
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I've never met a broad that would talk to me.

Shocker. :hee:

LoungeMachine
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Generalizing an entire population based on 3 trannies you picked up is silly.

:gulp:

Funny how you spout off about facts and research, yet offer nothing whatsoever yourself except retorts designed to make yourself think you're funny, clever, and above your own rules.

You go, girl.....

LoungeMachine
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Shocker. :hee:

They'll "talk" to him. But only to negotiate price.

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
So you quote a misquote Lounge? :hee:

Stay on topic,topic: Robert Novak.

Quote from a great Novak column:
"Stevens has become the Earl of Earmark, lathering goodies for his home state of Alaska in one bill after another. In no uncertain language, he made clear last week his contempt toward the Gramm-McCain plan for a pork-free diet. What's more, Stevens and his appropriators are going to win. That does not lend credence to George W. Bush's assertion that Republicans mean leaner government. Congressional Republicans are less worried about the presidential election than their desperate desire to get out of Washington, so that House members and senators up for re-election can defend their seats."

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever, Lounge, and by staying with a misquote, you jumped like a Tufted Puffin across the line.

Here's an example of clever: Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon or A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy -- Blessed Be The Peacemakers or U.S. Marines -- Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.

That's clever.:hee:

jhale667
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
They'll "talk" to him. But only to negotiate price.

"Negotiate"? More like explain all the upcharges he incurs: the one for generally being a douche, the smell....:hee:

jacksmar
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
YouTube - Robert Novak RIP - he cared about kids with YLF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOtmSHOWJA)

Nickdfresh
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
I've never met a broad from Denver that wasn't a lib, Kristy....

Um, I'm pretty sure you're not all that cosmopolitan and really don't meet all that many "broads." I'm also pretty sure that you are very insecure...

jacksmar
08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Ah, the predictable Nick put down. I am surprised you weren’t able to stay on topic. Novak had more moxie than me due to the fact that he could put up with Washington DC and Georgetown, which I find to be nothing more than scab toilet. The people there breed like cockroaches in their filthy little apartments. The college pussy there is nice but all slants to the left. Katrina definitely missed the right city but New Orleans was a good start. Shows how a left run state, county, and city can fuck a population at their will.

And as far as what is cosmo in Denver, there’s nothing like the Coors beer swilling broads that show up to a Broncos game. It’s where I met Hank Brown and members of the Indycar committee. In cosmo Denver they tried to race Indycars downtown for a couple of years, but the cosmo people of Denver didn’t quite understand left and right turns.

See you from the European Grand Prix this weekend Nick and the Price of Monaco asked where you were. I told him you had a date with a broad from Littleton and couldn’t leave your computer.

Nickdfresh
08-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Ah, the predictable Nick put down. I am surprised you weren’t able to stay on topic.....

Sorry, continue with your rambling blowjob.

jacksmar
08-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow, Novak and 2 Kennedy's.

I'll take 2 dead Kennedy's anytime.!:appl: