PDA

View Full Version : What if Democrats acted more like Republicans?

FORD
08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/08/18/tomo/story.jpg

Big Train
08-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Isn't that what the protests were last week, where they were called Unamerican?

standin
08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
BT, ya call a clown a clown and a spade a spade.

There are big recourses to big business loosing the power of health care over their field workers.

sadaist
08-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Democrats good. Republicans bad.

If you actually believe that shit then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. There are evil people on both sides. Once we begin believing "our" side is the all righteous one and the other side is pure evil...we are doomed.

I find it best to target individuals and their bad ideas when at all possible. And yes, I have fallen into the trap before. Best I can do is try to avoid it as much as possible.

Nickdfresh
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM

If you actually believe that shit then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. There are evil people on both sides. Once we begin believing "our" side is the all righteous one and the other side is pure evil...we are doomed.

I find it best to target individuals and their bad ideas when at all possible. And yes, I have fallen into the trap before. Best I can do is try to avoid it as much as possible.

Your "side" and the 'tea-baggers' are far more responsible for the partisan divide and lack of civil discourse in the country, all at the behest of the authoritarian conservative movement...

During the 1980s, Reagan and Mondale both laughed at each other's jokes DURING A DEBATE!!! The "get Clinton" movement was the end...

Big Train
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
That assumption though indicates it's somehow ok for the Dems to be that way since the Republicans started it.

Seshmeister
08-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm still confused by all of this.

I thought the Democrats had a majority in both houses...

jhale667
08-18-2009, 08:04 PM

If you actually believe that shit then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

If you fail to see the irony and humor in that cartoon, you shouldn't be allowed to post...:lmao:

The bad news is, Democrats ARE the new Republicans. And the Republicans have essentially been taken over by their bat-shit crazy fringe...

FORD
08-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm still confused by all of this.

I thought the Democrats had a majority in both houses...

Technically they do.

Problem is that there are at least two factions of "Democrats" (the DLC and the Blue Dogs) who rarely act like it, and are Republicans in all but the name.

ELVIS' senator Mary Landrieu is one of the worst offenders.

(insert standard Sesh comment about woman politicians here) :biggrin:

LoungeMachine
08-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd be happy if Democrats started acting more like Democrats

:gulp:

Instead of Demolicans....

LoungeMachine
08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
or Republicrats if you prefer......

WACF
08-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Technically they do.

Problem is that there are at least two factions of "Democrats" (the DLC and the Blue Dogs) who rarely act like it, and are Republicans in all but the name.

ELVIS' senator Mary Landrieu is one of the worst offenders.

(insert standard Sesh comment about woman politicians here) :biggrin:

I know I have said it before...but I really do think you have two right wing parties.

The Dems need to center themselves.

bueno bob
08-19-2009, 01:26 AM
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/08/18/tomo/story.jpg

Sorry Ford...missed the quote but again, lol...

I love Tom Tomorrow - read him every week in the Willamette Weekly...