PDA

View Full Version : Dude, Looks Like A Relapse!

WARF
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
No wonder he can't seem to stand up on stage.

Needless to say, they should rush to record an album before he goes back to his twelve steps... as we all know Aerosmith was a much better band off the wagon! So Enjoy the video, I'm getting a feeling it might be pulled by youtube... it appears that Lindsey Lohan didn't give Steven Tyler permission to wear her sunglasses.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gADLBlVmp9U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gADLBlVmp9U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
08-20-2009, 07:46 PM
To be fair for a multi bazillionaire rockstar Tyler does seem to try and live a kind of normal home life these days.

Celebs must really hate camera phones.

chefcraig
08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Aerosmith ready to strike back at frontman Steven Tyler

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa | Thursday, August 20, 2009 | Home - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com) | The Inside Track

Aerosmith isn’t breaking up, but the rock ’n’ roll legends are going on strike until lead singer Steven Tyler straightens up - and sobers up, according to band sources.

“Truthfully, he’s a liability for the band,” one source told the Track . “He’s uninsurable because of all the accidents and cancelled dates.”

Steven, 61, who had been the poster boy for the 12 steps, has fallen off the wagon hard and was partying like a teenager at the 69th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota where he fell off the stage during a show, we’re told.

As you know by now, the Bad Boys of Boston had to scrap their summer tour last week after Tyler’s fall, which left the frontman with a broken left shoulder and 20 stitches in his head.

Since the Sturgis drama the frontman hasn’t picked up the phone to call his longtime bandmates Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford, sources said.

Instead, we hear, Tyler’s new management company, Union Entertainment Group, dispatches health updates and other Steven news via e-mail to the band’s longtime managers Howard Kaufman and Trudy Green .

(Steven’s manager John Greenberg at UEG didn’t return e-mails yesterday seeking comment.)

“Everyone is very worried about him,” said another source who wished to remain anonymous. “All of this didn’t happen overnight. Sturgis was just the final straw.”

So now, Tyler’s bandmates have decided to go on strike from working on their final album for Sony until Steven is “sober and gets healthy,” sources told the Track.

The tough love comes a week after a YouTube video was posted of a frail Tyler making a purchase at Pembroke Center Liquors .

But the real scary part of the packie run was the photo that showed the cadaverous singer posing with a fan while wearing a sling and what looked like a pair of Johnny Depp’s Willie Wonka shades.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6185/astevev.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/astevev.jpg/)
A gaunt-looking Steven Tyler and actor Chuck Slavin
say cheese at Pembroke Center Liquors.

The frightening photo of the father of four was quite the talker on the Internet where, you know, people are so polite and respectful . . .

“Steven is delusional if he thinks the band is going back into the studio this fall,” said one of our Aerospies. “It’s not happening.”

In other words, Dream On, Steven.

Other F.O.T.s think that Tyler, who took up with now-former Live Nation tour accountant Erin Brady after his 17-year marriage busted up, has surrounded himself with sycophants and other hangers-on who “think they’re going to cash in on this guy.”

“The band fears he’s going to end up broke,” said the source, adding that Tyler was talked into selling his publishing company for $20 million a few months ago.

Tyler’s frail bod has taken many a blow over the past year. The summer tour, which kicked off June 10 and was supposed to wrap up Sept. 16, seemed to be medically cursed.

Steven had a sore leg muscle forcing the cancellation of seven shows in July. (Over the past year, he’s been treated for pneumonia and went into rehab in May 2008 when he got hooked on painkillers after foot surgeries.)

But Tyler hasn’t been the only member of Aerosmith beset by poor health this year. Bassist Tom Hamilton, who has been battling cancer, had to leave the summer tour for “noninvasive surgery.”

And guitar man Brad Whitford missed seven shows after surgery for an injury he suffered after hitting his head exiting his Ferrari.

So, as ever, do stay tuned.

Aerosmith ready to strike back at frontman Steven Tyler - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1192184&format=text)

ELVIS
08-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Hmmm...

indeedido
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
What an awful picture. Looks like an old woman

Seshmeister
08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
He did his comeback, he cleaned up and sold millions and millions of albums making lots of people a lot of money.

If he wants to go off the rails now at 61 he should be allowed to.

Leave him alone and let him go on a binge he's earned it, plus it will stop them recording any more endless ballads.

ELVIS
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM
That last part may be true...

Terry
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Curious use of phrasing in claiming the other members of Aerosmith are "going on strike" unless Tyler cleans up...

Sounds more like a business than a band.

Honestly, perhaps a relapse wouldn't be the worst thing for Tyler...and Joe Perry.

About 90&#37; of the music they came up with since cleaning up is shite.

I'd rather listen to them at their drug-addled worst (Night In The Ruts, Rock In A Hard Place) than just about anything released post-1985.

thome
08-20-2009, 10:35 PM
He did his comeback, he cleaned up and sold millions and millions of albums making lots of people a lot of money.

If he wants to go off the rails now at 61 he should be allowed to.

Leave him alone and let him go on a binge he's earned it, plus it will stop them recording any more endless ballads.

My thought, exactly, let him get it out of his system whatever he needs. It is to bad this need to "get right" is durring a tour,,,, business first dammit.

He will come around.

He bashed K.C recently and I saw the band her like 12 times in the seventies with The Nuge and Rush,etc.... they were here constantly made some big bucks off KC and he must be wigging out or something..?

Full Bug
08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
What a misleading headline, just because he was in a store that sold booze, you can see in the video you cant tell what he bought at all, I didnt see any relapse there....

Diamondjimi
08-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Hope he gets healthy again. Sure hate to lose Tyler ,he's one of Rocks greatest...

Seshmeister
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
What a misleading headline, just because he was in a store that sold booze, you can see in the video you cant tell what he bought at all, I didnt see any relapse there....

Exactly! He was probably just in to get his Depend Underwear

Full Bug
08-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Exactly! He was probably just in to get his Depend Underwear

Now that some straight thinking! Solved.....:)

ppg960
08-21-2009, 12:24 AM

I agree, he seemed pretty sober. Perhaps just buying smokes? At least he was friendly. If he was hammered and saw the camera phone he would have lost it. Cut the guy some slack here!:umm:

ELVIS
08-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Why ??

If he was buying booze, he was buying booze...

Big deal for a rockstar, eh ??

Eventually, he will tell the truth. Tyler has always seemed to be honest...

:elvis:

binnie
08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Fucking hell he looked awful in that picture........

ELVIS
08-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Especially with the alien shades...

He makes Alice Cooper look young...

Igosplut
08-21-2009, 05:47 AM
That wasn't Steven Tyler, that was MARY TYLER MOORE!!

Hardrock69
08-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey, he does not look like hell. He looks exactly like a 60-year-old Steven Tyler would look like.

All this rubbish about him looking gaunt, or whatever is a bunch of bullshit. Do people expect him to look like he is 20 at age 60?

FORD
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Well, I guess his age could suddenly catch up with him, like it did with Mick Jagger when he hit 60 or so.

Tyler always was a bit of a Mick wannabe, after all.

Difference is, Mick never fell off stage. Though Keith did fall off a tree once.

Mr. Vengeance
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM

EXACTLY what I was going to say...either that or a freaked out Jackie O.

damngoodtimes
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM

I just spit my beer on my screen!!

GreenBayLA
08-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Hard to say what was being bought there, it's already bagged up. Tyler didn't act busted, who knows whats up? If he has relapsed I hope he gets sober cuz a true addict like him can't just have a drink or two...it's full tilt bozo.

hideyoursheep
08-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Difference is, Mick never fell off stage. Though Keith did fall off a tree once.

He dropped his guitar onstage, too...:biggrin: I think a roadie set him up for failure on that one, though...strap lock wasn't all the way in, then *Kablong!*

Keith looks down, said "Shit!" , grinned, picked it back up and drove on...

ppg960
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey, he does not look like hell. He looks exactly like a 60-year-old Steven Tyler would look like.

All this rubbish about him looking gaunt, or whatever is a bunch of bullshit. Do people expect him to look like he is 20 at age 60?

Exactly..and don't forget the abuse he put his body through for 20 years. All the drugs and booze those guys did takes a toll.
Those fuckers partied very hard.

VanHalener
08-24-2009, 09:39 AM
THAT motherphucker looks JuST LIKE an elderly Sleestak!

wHEW!

Hardrock69
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
LMAO! Mary Tyler Moore....

The Elfoid_TFS
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Well, I guess his age could suddenly catch up with him, like it did with Mick Jagger when he hit 60 or so.

Tyler always was a bit of a Mick wannabe, after all.

Apparently if Keith hits his head again, he'll die.

That did come from Ronnie Wood though. Ronnie makes a lot up. Like the story that he was almost in Led Zeppelin.

SparkieD
08-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Yeah, just like somebody's space-cadet grandma!

FORD
08-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Apparently if Keith hits his head again, he'll die.

That did come from Ronnie Wood though. Ronnie makes a lot up. Like the story that he was almost in Led Zeppelin.

Well, he was in the Jeff Beck group, which was actually the first band to use the concept of "Led Zeppelin" that Page & Beck discussed a couple years earlier. Though the bass player in that proposed lineup probably would have been John Entwistle. (With Keith Moon on drums, who actually came up with the name "Led Zeppelin")

But by the time anybody noticed that there were two bands featuring ex Yardbirds guitarists doing pretty much the same thing, Beck got over it and ran off to do some jazz fusion thing, and Woody & Rod joined the Faces, where they did pretty much the same thing the Stones were doing.

chefcraig
08-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, he was in the Jeff Beck group, which was actually the first band to use the concept of "Led Zeppelin" that Page & Beck discussed a couple years earlier. Though the bass player in that proposed lineup probably would have been John Entwistle. (With Keith Moon on drums, who actually came up with the name "Led Zeppelin")

But by the time anybody noticed that there were two bands featuring ex Yardbirds guitarists doing pretty much the same thing, Beck got over it and ran off to do some jazz fusion thing, and Woody & Rod joined the Faces, where they did pretty much the same thing the Stones were doing.

FORD, in his autobiography "Ronnie", Wood actually tells a story of a meeting he claims took place in Peter Grant's office. In addition to Grant, also present were Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. Wood claims (with an apparent straight face) that he was offered the position of Led Zeppelin's lead guitarist at this meeting. To hear Wood tell it, the band was already formed, with Page joining last. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Battle/hammer-3012.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Battle-Smileys.html)

GreenBayLA
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, just like somebody's space-cadet grandma!
Hey my grandma can drink you under the table!

The Elfoid_TFS: regarding Ronnie Wood's Zep story, well they had good drugs in the 60's/70's eh?

fryingdutchman
08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Aerosmith ready to strike back at frontman Steven Tyler
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6185/astevev.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/astevev.jpg/)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l46xfJ3rbTg/Scq6oVRbQMI/AAAAAAAAFc8/11nfWmHSiZE/s400/Carrie-Donovan.jpg

He can be the next Old Navy lady!!!

chefcraig
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I always thought that Pat Benatar would end up aging into a chipmunk before Tyler ever did. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Smoking-Smileys/)

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7913/2991255.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/i/2991255.jpg/)

Mr Walker
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
AEROSMITH Frontman: 'I Respect The Power This Band Has' - Aug. 25, 2009
David Browne of RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RollingStone.com: Care to comment on that clip on TMZ of you in a liquor store?

Tyler: Oh, Jesus Christ. A good friend of mine and Joe's [Perry; AEROSMITH guitarist] — the brother of the guy who works on my house, my housekeeper — passed away. I was at the funeral. And after the funeral, they're Italian and had a feast at the house, a wake, and I stopped at the liquor store and paid for the booze. I did not buy any for myself. It was never proven that I did. Some kid whipped out a phone and took a picture. Anything to sell papers. It was for the wake. I would do it over and over a million times.

RollingStone.com: How do you respond to reports of dissent within the band?

Tyler: Someone is leaking stuff, pretending to know, and you know, I don't even care. Has the band done things to me where I've wanted to quit? Positively. But I've stuck in there for the sake of a few sounds we got. I respect the power this band has in and of itself regardless of who says what.

RollingStone.com: When did you last speak with the other guys?

Tyler: Two days ago. Shit's good. I'm not the leader. No one's the leader, we're just one for all, all for one. It's probably why we've never quit. No one's got enough money! We split it evenly.

RollingStone.com: But you have signed with a different management company than the band, and you're working on a solo album.

Tyler: I would imagine … I can't tell you for sure, but I think there's a little animosity that I went with another management agency. Which is for me to know and you to find out. I'm certainly not in outs with the guys. But look, I do what I do. The easiest thing in the world is to say he's drunk or stoned. But what are you gonna do?

Read the entire interview from RollingStone.com.

GreenBayLA
08-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Regarding that night he fell Tyler said he was “As sober as you can be.”
On his injury recovery: “I’m on all the drugs I’m not supposed to be on.”
painkillers, not heroin I presume

Not sure I believe the "I'm was buying booze for a wake" story but who knows?
In-fighting? Aerosmith was famous for their post-concert fights in the 70's so what has changed?

GreenBayLA
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
How many more posts til I get off, err past Head Fluffer status??

chefcraig
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
How many more posts til I get off, err past Head Fluffer status??

You can read about the rankings here (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/website-related-discussion-webmaster-feedback/53575-roth-army-user-ranks-updated-2009-a.html). You'll need 500 posts to advance, so in the meantime, you can input a title above it to distract people. Go to your User CP and click "Edit Your Details". Under "Additional Information" you will find the option to input your own "Custom Title".

sadaist
08-27-2009, 02:17 AM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6185/astevev.jpg

Is it too late for Steven to pull an Eddie Van Halen?

The difference from that Schmegal EVH pic on the red carpet a few years back compared to his current wedding pics is nothing short of phenomenal. If Ed made such a miraculous turnaround in his appearance, do you think some of these other guys could? Tyler, Perry, Keith Richards, etc...?

Panamark
08-27-2009, 03:18 AM
No fucken way ????

I cant even see any form of resemblence to Steven Tyler ??
Thats some dude and his Grandmother !

WACF
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Joe Perry will be the guest on Eddie Trunk's Sat. show on monday...with any luck we will see where things are at as far as Tyler goes.