PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gentlemen... The Shrinking World Of L. Ron Hubbard

Coyote
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L_w-YWwC1lI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L_w-YWwC1lI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Un-fuckin'-real...

Kristy
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Thank fuck him and Joesph Smith weren't drinking buddies.

Nitro Express
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Scientology uses auditing and electronic meters. Mormonism uses worthiness interviews and temples. It's all basically the same damn thing. Mormons are pretty good at keeping the next generation in the cult. That's what those missions and temple weddings are all about.

Nitro Express
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
What a liar. According to his son, he was broke until he got his church going.

Penthouse: Didn't your father have any interest in helping people?

Hubbard: No.

Penthouse: Never?

Hubbard: My father started out as a broke science-fiction writer. He was always broke in the late 1940s. He told me and a lot of other people that the way to make a million was to start a religion. Then he wrote the book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health while he was in Bayhead, New Jersey. When we later visited Bayhead, in about 1953, we were walking around and reminiscing --he told me that he had written the book in one month.

Penthouse: There was no church when he wrote the book?

Hubbard: Oh, no, no. You see, his goal was basically to write the book, take the money and run. But in 1950, this was the first major book of do-it-yourself psychotherapy, and it became a runaway best-seller. He kept getting, literally, mail trucks full of mail. And so he and some other people, including J. W. Campbell, the editor of Astounding Science Fiction , started the Dianetics Research Foundation in Elizabeth, New Jersey. And the post office kept backing up and just dumping mail sacks into the building. The foundation had a staff that just ran through the envelopes and threw away anything that didn't have any money in it.

Penthouse: People sent money?

Hubbard: Yeah, they wanted training and further Dianetic auditing, Dianetic processing. It was just an incredible avalanche.

Nitro Express
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Penthouse: Was this why you became disenchanted with Scientology?

Hubbard: It was the beginning. I began to see that my father was a sick, sadistic, vicious man. I saw more and more parallels between his behavior and what I read about the way Hitler thought and acted. I was realizing that my father really wanted to destroy his enemies and take over the world. Whoever was perceived as his enemy had to be destroyed, including me. This "fair game" policy since the beginning. The organization couldn't exist without it. It keeps people very quiet.

Penthouse: Do you mean killed?

Hubbard: Well, he didn't really want people killed, because how could you really destroy them if you just killed them? What he wanted to do was to destroy their lives, their families, their reputations, their jobs, their money, everything. My father was the type of person who, when it came to destruction, wanted to keep you alive for as long as possible, to torture you, punish you. If he chose to destroy you, he would love to see you lying in the gutter, strung out on booze and drugs, rolling in your own vomit, with your wife and children gone forever: no job, no money. He'd enjoy walking by and kicking you and saying to other people, "Look what I did to this man!" He's the kind of man who would pull the wings off flies and watch them stumble around. You see, this fits in with his Scientology beliefs, also. He felt that if you just died, your spirit would go out and get another body to live in. By destroying an enemy that way, you'd be doing him a favor. You were letting him out from under the thumb of L. Ron. Hubbard, you see?

Penthouse: It's been said that many Scientologists have similar philosophies.

Hubbard: Yes. Many are sadistic, just like he was. Very Teutonic, very Gestapo.

Nice people.

Seshmeister
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Scientology uses auditing and electronic meters. Mormonism uses worthiness interviews and temples. It's all basically the same damn thing. Mormons are pretty good at keeping the next generation in the cult. That's what those missions and temple weddings are all about.

Once you learn even the bare premises of their religion the fact that there are over 10 million mormons in the world is actually pretty frightening.

It shows that people will believe anything.

standin
09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Interesting~

Nitro Express
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Once you learn even the bare premises of their religion the fact that there are over 10 million mormons in the world is actually pretty frightening.

It shows that people will believe anything.

The Mormon church now claims they have 13 million. The fact is that's the number of people who have been baptized that they think are still alive. I was born into the church and I had my records removed which took a lawyer and they still found me years later which told me they didn't take me off their records at all and were still counting me as a member. I figure about 4 million go to church regularly and half of that probably pay a full tithing and go to the temple. So about two million instead of ten.

Nitro Express
09-04-2009, 04:13 AM
This was the last public interview L. Ron Hubbard ever gave. His son said the horrible man deteriated and hid from his drug use and starting to believe his own bullshit.

Hubbard: Well, he used them with me. He was a real night person. We used to sit around all night, sit around his office or home, get loaded up, and talk. He had a pretty liquid tongue. He loved to talk. And of course, in the fifties, he decided that I was the heir apparent, so he wanted to teach me everything he knew. He started me out by mixing phenobarbital into my bubble gum, when I was ten years old. This was to induce deeper trances in order to practice the black magic and to get an avenue to power.

Penthouse: How exactly would this work?

Hubbard: The explanation is sort of long and complicated. The basic rationale is that there are some powers in this universe that are pretty strong. As an example, Hitler was involved in the same black magic and the same occult practices that my father was. The identical ones. Which, as I have said, stem clear back to before Egyptian times. It's a very secret thing. Very powerful and very workable and very dangerous. Brainwashing is nothing compared to it. The proper term would be "soul cracking." It's like cracking open the soul, which then opens various doors to the power that exists, the satanic and demonic powers. Simply put, it's like a tunnel or an avenue or a doorway. Pulling that power into yourself through another person --and using women, especially -- is incredibly insidious. It makes Dr. Fu Manchu look like a kindergarten student. It is the ultimate vampirism, the ultimate mind-fuck, instead of going for blood, you're going for their soul. And you take drugs in order to reach that state where you can, quite literally, like a psychic hammer, break their soul, and pull the power through. He designed his Scientology Operating Thetan techniques to do the same thing. But, of course, it takes a couple of hundred hours of auditing and mega-thousands of dollars for the privilege of having your head turned into a glass Humpty Dumpty --shattered into a million pieces. It may sound like incredible gibberish, but it made my father a fortune.

Penthouse: When was the last time your father was seen in public?

Hubbard: Sometime in the sixties he granted an interview to British television. After that he didn't appear in public and just slowly became a recluse. One of the reasons he became a recluse was his own physical and mental condition was deteriorating so badly that he couldn't let the public or the Scientology membership know just what kind of shape he was in. He was a testament to the fact that Scientology didn't work.

standin
09-04-2009, 07:33 AM
The Mormon church now claims they have 13 million. The fact is that's the number of people who have been baptized that they think are still alive. I was born into the church and I had my records removed which took a lawyer and they still found me years later which told me they didn't take me off their records at all and were still counting me as a member. I figure about 4 million go to church regularly and half of that probably pay a full tithing and go to the temple. So about two million instead of ten.

Not so sure on this one, but those that pass on can be added to the records too, right?

But one thing is true about Mormons, they as an organization keep the best genealogical records, absolutely the best. Even when the records show misdeeds, the records are kept maliciously.

~~~~~~~~~
Just joshing with you~
I know the unescapable feeling sucks.

~~
You are never going to escape! :tongue0011: