PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Recabinet?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jhale667
09-05-2009, 10:57 AM
So has anyone else heard of, or better yet tried Recabinet with their recording rigs? I've been hearing good things about this software, and if it sounds better than the cab emulations in PODfarm it could definitely be worth having.

http://recabi.net/site/wp-content/themes/recabinet/i/Recabinet_Complete_Box_small.png

Recabinet - Album quality guitar tone, direct. (http://recabi.net/site/)

Recabinet Complete 2.0

Recabinet Complete 2.0 is our flagship product, and includes the entire Recabinet Modern and Recabinet Vintage libraries, for a total of nearly 2000 impulse responses of cabinets and microphones spanning the 1950s to the present day. The entire 2.0 library was sampled at Fox Force Five Recorders in Los Angeles using a pristine analog signal path into world class A-D converters (API 3124 mic preamps into Apogee Rosetta converters.)

Cabinets

* “Tangerine 4×12” - Orange 4×12
* “1960 4×12″ - Marshall 1960AV 4×12
* “Excel 4×12” - Randall RS412XLT100 4×12
* “Ghandi 4×12″ - Mesa Standard 4×12 (newly resampled for version 2.0)
* “Motown 1×15″ - Ampeg Portaflex B15N bass amp.
* “Blackface 4×10″ - Fender ‘65 Super Reverb 4×10
* “Tweed 1×12″ - Fender ‘53 Deluxe 1×12
* “Green 4×12″ - Marshall 4×12 with Greenbacks
* “Zodiac 2×12″ - Selmer Zodiac Twin 30
* “Top Boost 2×12″ - Vox AC30

Microphones

* “57″ - Shure SM57 - industry standard dynamic microphone, the most popular microphone for guitar recording.
* “545″ - Shure Unidyne III 545 - sought-after vintage predecessor to the Shure SM57, known for its smooth response, appreciated by those in the know.
* “121″ - Royer 121 - legendary modern ribbon mic, extremely popular in modern recordings.
* “409″ - Sennheiser MD409 - legendary vintage side-address dynamic microphone, used on many modern and classic recordings.
* “421″ - Sennheiser MD421 - legendary dynamic mic, used on many modern and classic recordings.
* “i5″ - Audix i5 - modern industry standard dynamic microphone, for a full-range, aggressive response.
* “D6″ - Audix D6 - modern kick drum mic, great for getting the low “cabinet rumble” tone as a blend-in with your primary tone.
* “U87″ - Neumann U87 - legendary condenser microphone with incredibly detailed, musical response.
* “RTA” - DBX RTA reference microphone, known for its perfectly flat response and high SPL rating. Useful especially for Fractal Audio AxeFX users, and cool for everyone else!

Bonus - Recabinet Modern 1.0

Recabinet Complete 2.0 also includes the entire critically acclaimed Recabinet Modern 1.0 library, which includes the following additional cabinets:

* “Ghandi” - Mesa Standard/Oversize 4×12
* “Angora” - Line 6 Vetta 4×12
* “Igor” - Krank Krankenstein 4×12
* “Genzie” - Genz Benz G-Flex ported 2×12
* “Sterling” - Marshall Hand Wired 4×12 (late 1960s reissue)
* “Damien” - Marshall 1936 2×12
* “Kirby” - Carvin 4×12 British Series
* “Manatee” - Ampeg SVT 8×10 Bass Cabinet (using Ampeg SVT Pro Classic power section)
* “Trapezoid” - Roland Micro Cube (using native power section)

These cabinets were sampled using the Universal Audio 610 tube mic preamp, with the following mics:

* “57″ - Shure SM57 - industry standard dynamic microphone, the most popular microphone for guitar recording.
* “i5″ - Audix i5 - modern industry standard dynamic microphone, for a full-range, aggressive response.
* “4060″ - Audio Technica 4060 - modern high-SPL condenser microphone, for warm, full-bodied tone.
* “D6″ - Audix D6 - modern kick drum mic, great for getting the low “cabinet rumble” tone as a blend-in with your primary tone.

Since this is a stand-alone plug-in, I'd also be able to run the direct out from my Mesa-Boogie into my M-box and record it w/Pro Tools in addition to all the amp models in PODfarm.

Check out some of the audio samples on the site...it sounds pretty good, potentially better than anything I've heard w/PODfarm or Amplitube alone...

:guitar:

jhale667
09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
This kid's using a Boogie F-50 into his recording interface, and though the song is all about the Cookie Monster, he seems to be getting a very cool tone...(in that it doesn't sound like a cheese grater playing along with the record, like most cab-emulated pre-amp-only amp setups)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvOjixbAOrE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvOjixbAOrE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Think I'm going to pick up the software bundle in the coming weeks...:cool:

GAR
09-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Have you seen or heard a demo in person yet?

jhale667
09-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Have you seen or heard a demo in person yet?

Have you?

And where would one do that, precisely? I've researched it heavily and listened to every clip I could find thus far and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

It's about a 1g download, and it has a money-back guarantee. It's worth a shot.

Nitro Express
09-06-2009, 01:01 PM
The digital emulation works if you are digitally recording an MP3. My problem with it is when it's used on stage at stage volumes. You can hear the processing and it sounds thin to me. It's loses the dynamics compared to analog.

jhale667
09-06-2009, 03:56 PM
The digital emulation works if you are digitally recording an MP3. My problem with it is when it's used on stage at stage volumes. You can hear the processing and it sounds thin to me. It's loses the dynamics compared to analog.

This would be used for recording only, so no worries there...;)

GAR
09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Have you?

And where would one do that, precisely? I've researched it heavily and listened to every clip I could find thus far and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

It's about a 1g download, and it has a money-back guarantee. It's worth a shot.

I didn't work on this project, but a couple acquaintances are doing clinics with Apogee's new ONE interface -

Apogee Electronics > Products > ONE (http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/one.php)

They make a stereo input thing called the Duo for $600 bucks, this this is single-channel for half that plus a warez bundle.

I went to check their little demo out and critique presentation, and they're doing basically very well I think. I hope they're successful.

It was shown using a little Garage Band along with a couple other programs features, but I don't know what it comes bundled with but what I did like is the ease of useability.

With competition like this I would keep GC bookmarked for upcoming clinics on Recabinet because I'd expect a road tour if it's really that good. The ONE unit, that thing is good and I'm getting one.

Plus it's cheap, like me!

jhale667
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
That's nice, but we're not talking interfaces here, we're talking cabinet emulation?

jhale667
09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Someone asked a similar question on another board, and someone using PODfarm responded...

I have ReCabinet 2.0 AND Vintage and I can't get enough of them!

I too use mostly POD Farm and in a word...yes, it will improve your tone...somewhat. The thing is, it depends on WHICH cab you select with the amp model you are using. People who say ReCabinet does not sound as good as <insert another IR here> are misled or just too lazy to find the right setup. I'm almost certain that no one who discounts ReCabinet has tried every single IR within ReCabinet (there are several hundred) on every amp model they use. It's more difficult to find the tone your looking for this way because you'll have to work for it a little bit Wink I find it worth the effort anyway

"Better" isn't necessarily the word to describe the effect of using IRs. It's too subjective. IRs (ala ReCabinet) will make the guitar part more dynamic and realistic though. Sometimes it's only a subtle difference and other times it blows me away how different it is Surprised In the right context, a low-fi tone is the right one or, "better" tone for the part. Stay away from judging what's better and just enjoy the full palette of tones available to you. Use what works.

ReCabinet (the complete version + vintage) has just about every cabinet and mic you could EVER want or need. Some sound amazing and others sound shit and this reverses depending on the amp model you choose so...there ya go. It's ALL relative in the end.

Enjoy
Rich (blueman)

GAR
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
That's nice, but we're not talking interfaces here, we're talking cabinet emulation?

Don't all recording packages since Steinberg VST have some kind of amp/cabs group to sort thru?

Buddy of mine has had all that stuff, in Logic Pro and Protools before that, for yeeeeears.

I'm saying if it's all software-DSP anyways how different could one set of DSP be from another? Either they suck or they are "just-okay".

I know I can't run 4 stacks at 3am as I would like to, so this DI recording to me is still more Pod than I care to take seriously.

Direct Input/DSP recording is a good scratchpad but I haven't heard one good enough to take seriously enough as "keeper" material but if you're set on getting Recabinet then you get to be the board Ginea Pig on it!

jhale667
09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
That's Guinea Pig...and yes, looks like it..:rolleyes:

Nitro Express
09-08-2009, 12:29 AM
This would be used for recording only, so no worries there...;)

Then you can get away with it and not only that, it probably will make the recording process easier and frankly probably better. These digital tools are eliminating the need for real sound engineers and propper studios. I'm amazed at some of the home recordings people are doing now.

Coyote
09-08-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm amazed at some of the home recordings people are doing now.

Me too, but probably not in the same sense...

jhale667
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Me too, but probably not in the same sense...

I hear ya...
There's a kid who shall remain nameless that posts on one of the pickup forums...probably early 20s, extremely knowledgeable on pickups, magnets, recording gear, etc.
He posts links to his MySpace page - (sad part) production-wise, things sound great, surprisingly good, actually - but he's a terribly mediocre player, poor guy! :biggrin: In parts it sounded like a real band's CD or professional-quality demo that someone let their kid take a solo over. Very odd and ironic.

There's an amazing amount of sonic magic and/or turd-polishers on the market...:umm:

GAR
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Instead of hinting at the forum, link us so we can see this great tool in progress.. the warez, I mean not the kid!

uhuhuhuhhuhuh....

linky
linky
link....

jhale667
09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Linkage aplenty in the OP, dummy...:rolleyes:

But since you're slow...the. media. page.

Recabinet - Album quality guitar tone, direct. » Media (http://recabi.net/site/media/)

the. forum. user. clip. link.

Recabinet Official Forums - View forum - Recabinet User Clips (http://recabi.net/recabinet_forums/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=2ebb78504ad79d3f73650cdede35e501)

Diamondjimi
09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Jizzmop, ahahahahaaha!!!

Classic, perfect for said Jizzmop! :biggrin:

GAR
09-09-2009, 01:17 AM
"ahehehehe I know you are but what am I ehehehehhe"

DoucheLITE..
----------------
Jay - the um, PICKUPS thread? Or are you inferring the Seymor Duncan Forums but for some reason obscuring how obvious that is..

DiMarzio hasn't had an innovation in 30 years, so I can't imagine they have a forum running. Larry won't even man his own tradeshow booth, or leave his hotel room when NAMM rolls along so I know he doesn't have a thoughful braincycle circling within that fuzzy red head of his..

GAR
09-09-2009, 01:18 AM
AHA! Jay spends more time on the Duncan forum than he does playing guitar.. so that's whats going on.

He didn't want to be trolled over there. As if this board has such a problem!

jhale667
09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I didn't name the forum...and YES, Dimarzio has one too, asshat.

I could spend a year solid online and probably still outplay you, so not too worried...:heyfu:

jhale667
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
AHA! Jay spends more time on the Duncan forum than he does playing guitar..

Like you'd know how much I practice, sperm-burp?
Hmm...last time I checked, I was holding down a full-time job (that a Mexi-kin can't steal), modding at two boards (one you got fired from, btw) and I'm simultaneously owning the shit out of you....ALSO I have posted proof that as well as actually OWNING guitars, I can indeed play well...unlike you.

That's what's going on, spunkguzzler....:tongue0011:

Diamondjimi
09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I didn't name the forum...and YES, Dimarzio has one too, asshat.

I could spend a year solid online and probably still outplay you, so not too worried...:heyfu:

Like you'd know how much I practice, sperm-burp?
Hmm...last time I checked, I was holding down a full-time job (that a Mexi-kin can't steal), modding at two boards (one you got fired from, btw) and I'm simultaneously owning the shit out of you....ALSO I have posted proof that as well as actually OWNING guitars, I can indeed play well...unlike you.

That's what's going on, spunkguzzler....:tongue0011:

Back to back ownages!

Splendid work there...

:biggrin:

jhale667
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Ownings aside...:D

I also started really messing around with the cabinet selections in PODfarm as well...just like reality some virtual combinations sound meh, and some waaaay better than others...ended up re-writing a Bogner preset I'd made up a few months back;
switched out the cabinet emulation from one with Vintage 30s to Greenbacks. It'll make another nice backing track tone now as well...

And more importantly, spoke to the guys at Mesa-Boogie today, and thought the direct/slave out on the Mark III isn't a true "recording" out, it is line-level, and post FX-loop & power section...so I could knock it down to 15 watts in here-so as not to kill my neighbors (a speaker load still has to be in the amp's chain), and record with my amp and usual pedal board set up(!) and emulate a cab with Celestion Greenbacks, Vintage 30s, 75s...whatevs! :D

That's the total selling point on Recabinet for me...can't use the cabinet emulation w/my Boogie in PODfarm to the best of my knowledge without there being some form of preamp (even like one of its' vocal pres) added between the amp and the cabinet emulation....Recabinet, being a stand-alone plugin, will allow it with no additional coloration...:)

Going to be frugal :rolleyes: and wait until payday :lmao: but definitely picking up the software...:killer: I figure the more flexibility I have with my home recording setup the better.
I tend to think one plays better in a live or recording situation if you're more comfortable with the tone you're hearing too, and getting to use my amp will feel more like "home".

GAR
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I won't disagree with your rec source output methods because if I do I'd have to make more suggestions you'd avoid and criticize unfairly.

I was thinking the word "recabinet" last night when I loaded that set of blackbacks into an empty straight I picked up for $20 bucks in Santa Clarita couple months ago, simply for running the GK-250ML stereo.

The GK has a just-okay DI sound ("Drop Dead Legs" chorus tone) however it takes on a totally different character and the bass grows much bigger when you use the dual 16ohm outputs. It's simple enough for even me to use.

A proper load definitely affects the DI which I've never done. It's always been a 16 ohm cab ran stereo, which becomes two 8 ohm loads so the combo speakers in it kinda die out.

Now that I loaded these 8 ohm, 55hz blackbacks it sounds phenomenal. I originally picked them up for someone else's project I had going but when I got home and looked at em they were 8 not 16's... not a bad setup for only $120, but a bitch to wire up custom with the Marshall stereo switch I added.

(I previously shared on the other board buying a slant cab from Lawndale GC for $175 tax incl. then selling it empty for $75).

jhale667
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I won't disagree with your rec source output methods because if I do I'd have to make more suggestions you'd avoid and criticize unfairly.

So instead you then try to turn a thread about cabinet emulation into one about replacing speakers in a cabinet? :umm:

GAR
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Actual speakers create a damping effect on the signal path: these plugins provide a method of modifying that efffect by calling different functions "greenback" "orange" "plexi" and what have you which is fine.

They can call it that, but it's another thing altogether to have the real thing running direct input.

What I particularly like about these plugins is where you can fool with the room ambience, put the cab in a cathedral, put it on the edge of the Grand Canyon.. put it in a woodpaneled studio.. place a mic, etc.

It's like a video game almost: lets see how much time we can have a user waste dicking around with setting after impossible setting while we cook up fixes in v. 3.0, 5.0 etc.

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Going to be frugal :rolleyes: and wait until payday :lmao: but definitely picking up the software...:killer:

Dude, buy some fucking health insurance first.

jhale667
09-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah, got that already, thanks...:rolleyes:

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 02:50 AM
I mean your own insurance, not your riding on your mom's.

jhale667
09-13-2009, 04:38 AM
I have my own, dipshit. And for the record, I'm tired of riding your mom...:rolleyes:

Want an insurance debate? Go to the Front Line...stay on topic or STFU.

To paraphrase something you once said: "I like your posts in the Front Line, but I'll kick your ass here." :fufu:

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
To paraphrase something you once said: "I like your posts in the Front Line, but I'll kick your ass here." :fufu:

I don't remember ever saying that. :)

Matt White
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Stay on topic....or fuck off....it's that simple

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Lighten up, douchebag. Make a topic out of that.

GAR
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
When the software approximation of cabinet damping effect is called "emulation" instead of the proper term "estimation" I get a little leery of such boldness.

I like playing video games too, but I hope this is usefull at least!

jhale667
09-13-2009, 04:11 PM
According to all the major manufacturers the term "emulation" (or "simulation") works just fine..your leeriness not withstanding. :rolleyes:

My curiosity now is, since my amp's power section is going to be involved in the direct-recording scenario, if I add Recabinet's power section emulation into the equation is that going to be too much coloration, or would it sound like a slaved amp that's been cranked? Hmmm...

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread smells like ass.

jhale667
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Do you even play an instrument or do any home recording, or are you strictly trolling?
Have anything relevant to contribute? If not, STFU.

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, of course I play. My only contribution would be that I've never heard electronics, or digital effects, or emulation that sounds as good as pure sound. I think they're all bullshit. They were bullshit 20 years ago, and after all this advancement, they're still bullshit.

But what does that have to do with this thread smelling like ass? :)

jhale667
09-13-2009, 06:45 PM
OK, and you came to this informed decision based on going to the webpage and checking out the soundclips, or did you just make your pronouncement based on your opinion of 20 years ago?

And let's leave your ass out of it...(that's what you're smelling, stupid).

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I didn't listen to the sound clips...but that's kind of silly in itself. I'm going to listen to a sound clip through my 1" computer speaker of a digital system that's attempting to sound like a Marshall cab...and you want to know if it sounds like a Marshall cab? Hmm... I wonder how that's going to go. But I did play through a similar thing a few years ago, and it sucked.

But just for you - I'll listen and let you know what I think.

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, sounds like the same old digital dogshit. Sorry.

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Listen to this motherfucker:

YouTube - Joe Bonamassa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAjpWAyFo7A)

Even on shitty youtube, it sounds good. If I were standing next to the speaker, I'd probably get wood. And a computer just ain't going to match that.

Blackflag
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
And don't even get me started on this shit. People made a big deal about that fag John Mayer because he's pretty and likes to be a Clapton poseur... Well, fuck him. Bonamassa is the best new player in years. And his tone is unbelievable.

Fuck John Mayer and fuck your digital cabinet emulation. Fuck all that. Shit.

Down with digital instruments, and down with John Mayer. They're both for fags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMXXnLSRdBE

I think Dick Cheney uses cabinet emulation.

jhale667
09-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Go take your meds.

GAR
09-13-2009, 08:26 PM
... if I add Recabinet's power section emulation into the equation is that going to be too much coloration, or would it sound like a slaved amp that's been cranked? Hmmm...

Probably a cleaner mix of both, if they had an unusable setting like that which was too muddy it probably wouldn't be an option.

And feet!

Blackflag
09-14-2009, 02:00 AM
And feet!

And John Mayer.

Diamondjimi
09-14-2009, 02:13 AM

And feet!

:poofters:

Stop the Trolling and get a room girls... :rolleyes:

http://www.howardshrine.com/Trolls2.jpg

jhale667
09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
And what's with B-fag trying to work in his John Mayer fantasies, anyway? :turninggay:

Hit up the guys at Recabinet, and here's what they said:

Thanks for writing...

Recabinet is NOT a standalone plugin. We are exploring doing that for a future version, but for now there are quite a lot of options.

For Pro Tools, the most cost effective host plugin is Mellowmuse IR1A, priced at $49 USD. It's a great sounding plugin, just make sure to turn the "DRY" signal to 0%, so that 100% of your sound is "WET" e.g. being processed with Recabinet (since in real life, 100% of your guitar sound would be going through a speaker, that's what Recabinet is here to emulate.)

Take advantage of the free demos of both Recabinet and Mellowmuse IR1A to test drive the whole thing. We've put a lot of effort into the Recabinet User Manual, so be sure to give that a read if you haven't already. Your Mesa MKIII should sound fantastic with Recabinet, and if you want to use Pod Farm with Recabinet, just turn off any cabinet simulation in Pod Farm, and run it on an insert BEFORE Mellowmuse IR1A + Recabinet.

Thought I'd read that they'd upgraded it to a stand-alone with version 2.0, but oh well...geez, but now I have to buy something additional to use it? :umm:

GAR
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
XLNT tech support! That was no canned e-reply with great suggestions.

Diamondjimi
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
XLNT tech support! That was no canned e-reply with great suggestions.

Too bad it won't work with your rig (shown here)
http://www.rockman.fr/Story/Rockman_2.jpg

:Loser:

jhale667
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
(Cough:OWNED:Cough)

:lmao:

Matt White
09-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I wish I still had my old rockman........

Matt White
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
:poofters:

Stop the Trolling and get a room girls... :rolleyes:

http://www.howardshrine.com/Trolls2.jpg

Right on the money....peeps need to add something to the conversation...or go back to haunting the FRONT LINE....& getting owned into oblivion...& I'm not talking aboot the Mastodon video

Blackflag
09-14-2009, 11:25 PM
And what's with B-fag trying to work in his John Mayer fantasies, anyway?

I knew you'd come to Mayer's defense. How gay.:umm:

Did you buy your Refagnet yet?

jhale667
09-14-2009, 11:33 PM
No, you were hoping I'd bust you on being gay for him...which I just did AGAIN, because you ARE....so STFU, and keep your trolling to the Frontline, mangina.

jhale667
09-14-2009, 11:35 PM
I hunger for the cock! Specifically, the John Mayer cock!

Asshat.

Blackflag
09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Dude, I said he was a shitty player. And you equate that to cock?

Why do you associate guitar with cock?

And my name isn't Ted.:confused12:

jhale667
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Dude, I said he was a shitty player.

And I'd tend to agree with you, but it has NOTHING to do with this thread, fuckstick.

And you equate that to cock?

In that you're being a dick?

And my name isn't Ted.:confused12:

Jane's Addiction joke that sailed over your head - like the rest of this thread.

Blackflag
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
And I'd tend to agree with you,

Then what's the problem? :biggrin:

jhale667
09-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Back on fucking topic...
Screenshot of the recommended Plug-in:

http://www.mellowmuse.com/images/irback.png

Pretty sure there's other Reverb-type plugins that came with my Pro Tools rig, but didn't see anything I recognized on the compatible plug-ins list yet...no biggie, can always use more reverb presets and whatnot to add to the library...

Blackflag
09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Nobody cares, Hale.

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/stupidthread/worst_thread_ever.jpg

Diamondjimi
09-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Nobody cares, Hale.

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/stupidthread/worst_thread_ever.jpg

Shut up asspump. If ya don't like it,keep the fuck out and stop GARring up this thread.
Seems like most of what Hale's post is sailing over your head. So do the right thing and stop leaking assbutter all over a good thread!

That is all...

Diamondjimi
09-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Carry on Jay...

jhale667
09-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Nobody cares, Hale.

You obviously do, since you keep posting like a fucking idiot...go fuck yourself with the claw-end of a rusty hammer, k?

Officially done with your troll bullshit, failboat. If you can't contribute anything relevant to the thread - not how you're gay for John Mayer, not "same digital dogshit" from "20 years ago"(back when you thought you had a fucking clue) - an actual contribution; a competitive product, something of that nature...STFU.

Blackflag
09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm going to stop being a douche now. Carry on, Hale.

GAR
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh Jay, how could you!

Nazimodding... tsk tsk tsk. That's no way to debate your way out from slander!

jhale667
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh Jay, how could you!

Easily...if you and B-fag's intent is merely to troll, you can take that shit someplace else. You're done spamming shit here.

jhale667
09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Been doing some more research, and the Mellowmuse software seems like it'd totally be worth it, in addition to being able to browse and pull .wav file IRs from other sources and the Recabinet IRs, it comes with a bunch of reverb IR presets AND a few cabinets of it's own...like you can ever have enough effects (or emulations) to choose from in a home-recording set up. It also has a zero latency mode specifically for use with cabinet simulations, how cool is that?

So it'd end up being $120 for both, instead of just $70 for Recabinet alone as originally thought. However, they're running a bundle deal for $147, and you get an Auto Time Adjuster (specifically designed to work w/Pro Tools and improve latency issues) a Compressor and EQ plug-ins, and yet another array of guitar/bass amp and effect emulations...$217 total would get me not only the ability to convincingly record my amp at home direct...but a gang of cool plug-ins which would augment the add-ons I got with the Pro Tools package as well....not too shabby.

Mellowmuse Software (http://www.mellowmuse.com/Series1.html)

http://www.mellowmuse.com/images/s1back.png

...and like I said is there such a thing as too many options in this scenario? Doubt it.

Decisions, decisions....:rolleyes:

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh, shit... are we back to this again??

GAR
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Nope. Yellowruse is the hill he's chosen to die on now seeing this Recabinet stuff has received little support here..

jhale667
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh, shit... are we back to this again??

Don't like it? Feel free to FUCK OFF, cum-guzzler. :talktothehand:

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
He's pretty sensitive about his cabinet simulators, isn't he?

Does he understand that I hate Yellowrose ever more than Refagnet?

jhale667
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Do you understand you have no idea what you're talking about, and need to STFU?

jhale667
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Does he understand that I hate Yellowrose

Is that your way of trying to work in another irrelevant ghey musical reference? Is it a John Mayer side project we haven't heard of? :hee:

GAR
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
How does "yellowrose" fare compared to Worlds of Warcraft.. or what's the other one the kids are into these days: Halo?

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh, I know what I'm talking about alright. I know tone. And I know you don't get it on a computer.

I mean, next you're going to say you want to use Guitar Hero to get your sound. (See "gay" thread in other forum.)

:talktothehand:

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
How does "yellowrose" fare compared to Worlds of Warcraft.. or what's the other one the kids are into these days: Halo?

Next he's going to start playing one of those guitars with Hello Kitty on it like the kids are doing these days.

GAR
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Can you really access Worlds of Yellowrose thru the guitar hero controller?

jhale667
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
One question for the tandem-troll couple...oh, I'm sorry "Alternate Family Unit" :hee:

So.. when you guys hook up (and we know you do) who's top? :lmao:

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Can you really access Worlds of Yellowrose thru the guitar hero controller?

I can't really say for sure, but I've heard you can pick up another dude trying.

jhale667
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I've heard you can pick up another dude trying.

Isn't that how you two met originally?

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
So.. when you guys hook up (and we know you do) who's top? :lmao:

Why so homophobic, Hale? Projecting? :hee:

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Isn't that how you two met originally?

You're the electronic guitar hero around here, not us. So you're definitely projecting now. :hee:

GAR
09-16-2009, 11:40 PM
It's not a self-reveal if someone else outs' you.. he's both ashamed and angry that you did that for him.

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:08 AM
You're the electronic guitar hero around here

:lmao: Now you're just hating...and for the record, never touched that game...not my fault you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about this shit...

Yeah, I'm the guitar hero around here period, bitch. :lol: Deal with it.

And stop PM'ing me about your gear and post it, or you've got about as much cred as GAR...oh, wait a minute...:hee:

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:11 AM
It's not a self-reveal if someone else outs' you.. he's both ashamed and angry that you did that for him.

Yeah, I'm a dick like that...and I'm not apologizing for outing either of you...:fufu:

Sure it's a wonderful and valid choice for you both....bwahahahahahaha....

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't know how...I have a picture. And I'm supposed to do what? Put it on a website? What?

Anyways, stop trying to change the subject from your homoness.

GAR
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
A third attempt will net the same teh.. doesn't work Jay.

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, and his hetero claims do ring hollow, don't they?

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't know how...I have a picture. And I'm supposed to do what? Put it on a website? What?

It's called Photobucket, it's free, and it's another one of those things you're irrationally afraid of, like Facebook. :biggrin:

Anyways, stop trying to change the subject from your homoness.

Please. More like stop trying to re-direct this thread to yours...

Do you even know any girls? Y'know, ones that will talk to you without you putting $1s in their thongs as they pass by your table first? And your mom doesn't count. :D

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
It's called Photobucket, it's free, and it's another one of those things you're irrationally afraid of, like Facebook. :biggrin:

And Guitar Hero and mousse for my hair. Yeah, call me crazy, but I'm not a 12 year old girl. :umm:

Do you even know any girls? Y'know, ones that will talk to you without you putting $1s in their thongs as they pass by your table first? And your mom doesn't count. :D

Hale, I was going to nudie bars back when you were still at your mom's teat...and when you grow up some, you'll see it's really nothing to brag about. I was at a bachelor party last month. When's the last time you got any action without using the Guitar Hero controller?

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Back on fucking topic - not an audio engineer obviously, but wondered: Since there IS going to be a speaker in the chain, and the direct signal is post-power amp and FX loop...and since the amp's going to likely be in the room with me - when I'm kicked down to 15 watts and am able to manipulate sustain and feedback via proximity - how's that going to translate?? Could be very cool...

And if less than the cost of a day's studio time ends up saving me a couple of days time when it does get around to the tracks I won't be able to do here, I'm all for it.

At the very least, I'll now be able to record a tune here that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise, as the MAIN riff of it is built around and bounces off of an extreme Vibrato setting on my board...tried recording the parts around it, but I kinda need to hear the main riff to get 'em right...

GAR
09-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Yes, and his hetero claims do ring hollow, don't they?

I dunno.. you may be correct. His elaborated replies betray a hidden objective, don't they?

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
I dunno.. you may be correct. His elaborated replies betray a hidden objective, don't they?

He's certainly trying to convince us of something... Why else would somebody bring up nudie bars out of the blue? :confused:

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Hale, I was going to nudie bars back when you were still at your mom's teat...

So...you're 50-60ish like GAyR? No wonder you two hit it off so well...
Still, why is it you act like a 12 year old girl?

I was at a bachelor party last month.

Alert the media! :lmao: But considering where you are, did the strippers even have teeth? :hee:

When's the last time you got any action without using the Guitar Hero controller?

Unlike you, it has happened since the turn of the century...:D

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Don't tell me, let me guess: GAyR checked out a pop-psychology book at the library today, and he shared with you....:)

He's certainly trying to convince us of something... Why else would somebody bring up nudie bars out of the blue? :confused:

This from the guy that just bragged about a bachelor party, ffs...

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:41 AM
So...you're 50-60ish like GAyR? No wonder you two hit it off so well...
Still, why is it you act like a 12 year old girl?

Halfway between your 16 and Gar's 60.

Unlike you, it has happened since the turn of the century...:D

Was he good to you afterwards? Or did he just love you and leave you, like a piece of meat? :hee:

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Don't tell me, let me guess: GAyR checked out a pop-psychology book at the library today, and he shared with you....:)

Why all the hate for libraries on this board? I wonder if you fuckers realize that if you all spent more time in libraries and less time on this board, you'd all be more successful in life.

Did you know Thomas Edison was self-educated in libraries?

"Yeah, man...books are for fags!!" :umm:

This from the guy that just bragged about a bachelor party, ffs...

You brought it up, stud. :hee:

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Now did either one of you asshats have anything constructive to contribute to the thread, specifically direct recording with a speaker still in the chain - or should I just start deleting your shit on sight?

Or perhaps I'll start a dump thread like Nick did in Frontline.

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Only that I don't like digital processing. Did I mention that? :(

jhale667
09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Only that I don't like digital processing. Did I mention that? :(

And you lamely cited outdated examples to support your thus seemingly uninformed opinion. Even tried PODfarm, much less recording with Pro Tools?

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I have tried the POD shit actually...

What say you on this stupid topic, Gar?

GAR
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
That I don't like simulations? I'm still interested to see if even the guitar hero set like this program.

Jay is still addicted to that paycheck and hasn't figured out to cut the tether to poverty yet, so we have to wait till the 1st of next month to see whether he can use it or not.

GAR
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
And you lamely cited outdated examples to support your thus seemingly uninformed opinion. Even tried PODfarm, much less recording with Pro Tools?

Protools? :hee: There's that 2002 pop phrase, again..

jhale667
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Jay is still addicted to that paycheck

Yeah, I like money. So?
At least I have a job...the only people that have to "wait for the first of the month" are welfare babies like you, hence the reference...lost a gig to an immigrant (again) lately?
And I don't have to do dishonest deals and rip people off to get by...

And you know my pay schedule now, douchebag? Probably picking it up over the weekend once I've decided which Mellowmuse package I'm picking up, and when I have time to check it out.

Loser.

And Pro Tools is still the Industry standard for recording, like you'd know...

GAR
09-17-2009, 01:50 AM
And Pro Tools is still the Industry standard for recording, like you'd know...

.. until 2003, it's been Logic for awhile now. But since you're PC I'd recommend the new Cubase 5 for the looping beats and songwriting aspects.

It also has guitar effects. And since you're DI out coupled with your cab anyway, you won't need this Recabinet stuff anyways.

d/l a cubase 5 freetrial version, also there's a crack on limewire but you need to av it before install but after unzip

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 02:01 AM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/owned-7163.jpg

jhale667
09-17-2009, 02:07 AM
.. until 2003, it's been Logic for awhile now. But since you're PC I'd recommend the new Cubase 5 for the looping beats and songwriting aspects.

Gonna take an actual producer's word over yours on this, since I purchased Pro Tools on his recommendation.

Hell, I'd take a potted plant's word over yours, though...:hee:

GAR
09-17-2009, 02:19 AM
There's alot of underemployed Protools "producers" who won't change with the times like that just like those who lived in denial with analogue 8/16/24 track r2r well past the age of ADAT, which likewise is gone now too with the advent of nonlinear editors since 92.. so much for that argument Jay.

Wake the fuck up or something you're not getting any younger.

jhale667
09-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Wake the fuck up or something you're not getting any younger.

Said the 60-something...whatever, gramps. :tongue0011:

Much like your opinion on guitars, gear, pretty much anything...nobody gives a shit whether you approve of my selection or not...I can still take the shit on my recording drive ANYWHERE, which you still can't say about ALL the other platforms yet.

And my friend's certainly not "underemployed" or resistant to new technology, so there goes that argument, GAyR...

GAR
09-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Your pals' preference is as I said, shoveling shit against the trend's tide.

He may find work, and work with inferior tools, but he's still a tool who works less efficiently than those who upgraded to Logic.

jhale667
09-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Funny how the guitarist (a name I won't drop here but you'd certainly recognize) whose latest solo album he just produced (which is getting rave reviews) didn't seem to mind...you shovel shit against the tide of reality every time you post.

Ah, and the irony of a Charvette owner blathering on about "inferior tools"....:lmao: :rolleyes:

GAR
09-17-2009, 03:00 AM
If your freinds' effort was done on an ADAT and got noticed, it's still all about the performance isn't it then?

If the guy chose to record with a picklefork cutting lacquer direct off the lathe, and it sold thousands, that would probably in your mind prove me wrong also.

Diamondjimi
09-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh, I know what I'm talking about alright. I know tone. And I know you don't get it on a computer.

Typical uneducated opinion. Time to get out of the 80's, Numbnuts...

Blackflag
09-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Funny how the guitarist (a name I won't drop here but you'd certainly recognize) whose latest solo album he just produced (which is getting rave reviews) didn't seem to mind...

Wait, what was that? Was that name dropping without actually dropping the name? Is that pseudo-name dropping? Quasi-name dropping?

If a name gets dropped in the forest and nobody's around to hear it, is the name dropper still a douchebag?

:hee:

hideyoursheep
09-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Here to disembowel another thread, cock-tickler?

Not only do you NOT have anything to offer concerning the original topic, you hang out here long after every one's gone, admiring your work, like a 2 year-old stares at the first shit it takes in the toilet.

Only difference is, the 2 year-old actually accomplished something.

Don't forget to wash your hands when you're done, nut-juggler.

Igosplut
09-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Much like your opinion on guitars, gear, pretty much anything...nobody gives a shit whether you approve of my selection or not...I can still take the shit on my recording drive ANYWHERE, which you still can't say about ALL the other platforms yet.

And my friend's certainly not "underemployed" or resistant to new technology, so there goes that argument, GAyR...

See Hale, if you don't listen to GARgle you're never going to get recorded. He knows best after all

Of course that would be having your statement of a crime recorded by the police that I'm sure he's very good at....."Yes officer, the handbag IS mine...." So listen up!!

That is if you wanna be like him.....

GAR
09-19-2009, 03:36 AM
I can pretty much assure you there is nobody here like me, at all.

Let me put it in a way anyone could understand: nobodys gonna know the difference what you record with these days because the CD itself is 25 years old, and still plays back at 16K resolution.

Todays' meager, I mean, the least-expensive recording progs do 44.1

Protools is like using a using a howizter when you're trying to hunt pidgeos and only really need a pellet gun: it's big, hard to use, unweidy and crashes even a fast Mac once you load the effects plugins.

Fuck that. The new stuff using the new windows audio API can use 64 bit native under Vista and allocate up to 1 terabyte of RAM. I don't care how many fx plugins you got, you're not gonna crash 1tb.. and I've seen the macs die doing what I've tried so I'm still waiting.

jhale667
09-19-2009, 05:35 AM

Yep, you're a legend in you own mind. :biggrin:
That's a probably good thing, and not for the reasons you think...

Flame-fests and bullshit aside...this isn't about the recording platform.

Back on topic - did the downloads (not the package, just the two). I didn't even realize how in depth this went until I really got to actually look at the entire IR library the website only kind of hints at it...in addition to all the different cabinet (having a mod of Warren Demarti's 80s recording 4x12 w/Greenbacks in the library was worth $10 bucks alone, c'mon...) and mic emulations, different mic positions much like PODfarm's cab sims, but here's another plus:
You're able to direct record the amp of your choice w/the cabs with multiple mic sims simultaneously using multiple tracks. Say, a Shure SM57 on the cone, and a Sennheiser MD421 - or a Neumann U87 Condenser virtually placed 5, 10, 15 feet away or whatever...crazy possibilities. You could conceivably go all Randy Rhoads/Max Norman on your shit... ambiance tracks for days.
This is seemingly going to be at least as valuable addition to my (or anyone's) set up as PODfarm...I mean, I get to use my amp (and effects...that's right, my pedalboard!!!! LMAO), ffs...! :cool:
The Mellowmuse IR1A plug-in easily (and automatically) installed in my Digidesign VST folder, so to record it's direct out of the amp to the M-box, pull up IR1A on the track(s) and load the desired Recabinet cab/mic combo - oh yeah, in zero latency mode. ;)

Gonna try set up my rig later, crank down to 15 watts so as not to alarm the neighbors :lmao: and double a rhythm track with my amp on a tune so I can A/B it against the PODfarm tracks. Probably will try something simple first like just the aforementioned Demartini "Green 4x12" and an SM57, but can't wait to hear what it's going to sound like.
I'm also going to start saving a dry direct-amp track to be able to play with combinations after the fact as well...haven't really done that with PODfarm.
Ideally now I'll be able to use the Boogie for the primary dirt tones, and PODfarm for all the coloration tracks...y'know Bassmans, Voxs, variety shite...

Hardrock69
09-19-2009, 05:41 AM

How true. You surpass just about everyone here with your 3rd-grade silliness.

Let me put it in a way anyone could understand: nobodys gonna know the difference what you record with these days because the CD itself is 25 years old, and still blah blah I'm so smart I know everything, etc. etc. etc.

Let me put it in a way even you can understand: Yeah yeah shut the fuck up already. :fufu:

Hell I have so many amps sims of various kinds. Rack mount crap, computer crap, DAW crap.

Sure they are handy for no-volume recording, but since I live in the stix, I just throw the 57 on my Marsahall slant cab, crank it up to 3 or 4, and it does me right.

jhale667
09-20-2009, 12:30 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Bedroomshredroomsm.jpg

Alright, tried it out today: in a word. WOW. :eek: Haven't gone too nuts with it yet, just tried the "Green 4x12" w/a 57 on the cone preset, and played with the power section emulations. I came to the conclusion the EL34-pushed cab sample sounds a little better than the 6L6, IMO. Having a little issue with recording level, but I think that has more to do with the direct level setting on my Boogie. Overall I'm already impressed with what I've heard.

The direct amp track to my ears sounds a bit beefier than the PODfarm tracks already (kind of engulfs them like you'd expect a real mic'd track to), and the added benefit of the reactivity of your amp can't be beat. I'm digging it. :biggrin:

jhale667
09-20-2009, 01:23 AM
OK, level issue solved; loving this shit. Certainly I'm biased, but thinking the Boogie tracks will supersede all of the PODfarm tracks as far as dirty sounds go...

jhale667
09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
So I did some more recording today, messed around with a couple of tracks...the recording level thing is still really sensitive (not the Boogie, it's the level on the M-box; easy to have a track clip momentarily when you thought it wasn't), but other than that it's great. I also did some EQ tweaking (graphic is almost set flat) to tailor what I was hearing on playback to be more what I wanted vs. what I was hearing in the room, but again...WOW. Taking a break for a few, but probably will be back at it before it gets too late.
Can't say enough about being able stand there (with the headphones on, but) in front of your cab manipulating sustain and having it perfectly translate to your recording. It's fun.... :D You sound better, you play better as the old adage goes..

But once I get this level issue nailed down Recabinet's going to become indispensable. :killer: I might blow off getting the final PODfarm amp mod pack now...probably don't need it anymore...

GO-SPURS-GO
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Can't say enough about being able stand there (with the headphones on, but) in front of your cab manipulating sustain and having it perfectly translate to your recording. It's fun.... :D You sound better, you play better as the old adage goes..

Well I guess it doesn't sound that good then!

GAR
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Gonna try set up my rig later, crank down to 15 watts so as not to alarm the neighbors

I've driven by your neck of the woods and I'd feel nervous leaving the place with more than $50 bucks worth of food in the fridge..

GO-SPURS-GO
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
:biggrin: j/k j/k Well since Gar is lost here in SA, somebody has to mess with you! :hee:

GAR
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Bedroomshredroomsm.jpg

I showed this thread to my chick Lefty and she said "no wonder he's single look at what he's got on the walls.."

GAR
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
:biggrin: j/k j/k Well since Gar is lost here in SA, somebody has to mess with you! :hee:

San Antonio is alot like Corona CA. all the streets and freeways go round in circles like a spiderweb.. I had to return that crap Garmin GPS that came with the car! It was saying "in 2/10ths of a mile, make a left" right at the intersection. And the mfr date says "2008" but it wasn't catching some of the new overpasses completed earlier than that - so screw the Garmins!

GO-SPURS-GO
09-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Check that... I just got a message from him, he's in the "Alamo Heights" area looking for a house. Are you rich, G? Pool houses over in that area are bigger than my house. :(

jhale667
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I've driven by your neck of the woods and I'd feel nervous leaving the place with more than $50 bucks worth of food in the fridge..

Last time you tried to guess "my neck of the woods" you were wrong, remember, 'tard? :biggrin:

And you don't have a "chick" - stop lying. :tongue0011:

GAR
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
No just lookin at residential properties near Tuxedo and one other street over with lots of oak trees goin' down the lane, unlike Jay's Section 8-friendly bachelor diggs with battered Nissans and lowered Impalas goin' down his lane.

jhale667
09-20-2009, 07:04 PM
No just hungering for the cock as usual....

GO-SPURS-GO
09-20-2009, 07:13 PM
No just lookin at residential properties near Tuxedo and one other street over with lots of oak trees goin' down the lane, .

You must be more by the "Thousand Oaks" area.

unlike Jay's Section 8-friendly bachelor diggs with battered Nissans and lowered Impalas goin' down his lane.

:biggrin: Why am I laughing? :hee: I live in a section 8 area too. :(

You guys crack me up, man! Where's Dj and Blackflag?

GAR
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I think it said "Alamo Heights" it's just past the mall with the old smokestacks.

jhale667
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/trolls.jpg

:fufu:

jhale667
09-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Upon further investigation, this is the coolest cabinet simulation software EVAH. Except for having to wear the dreaded headphones (really the only drawback to it), I'm finally recording more how I'd play live at home (channel-hopping on the amp, dropping effects in and out for an accent, for whatever); and because I have a Boogie, I can still get crazy, usable sustain at manageable levels. The FX, especially the echoes, sound great. Did a track with volume swells, tapped the tempo in time with the click, bam.
I mean, you are stuck with an effect on a track in this manner, but if you're applying them judiciously, it's not a problem.

It's really important to spend the time and tailor your amp's EQ to the modeled cabinet, much like you would if you really plugged in a different cab. The "Green 4x12" mod sounds better with a bit less bass and treble than my own cab likes. The graphic EQ on my head - already assigned to one channel-only, is essentially set flat for this.

OK, maybe one more drawback is that, unless I want to use a load resistor box in lieu of the cabinet, I'm kinda limited to a very finite window of certain hours I can crank up on weeknights. While that'd be convenient for night recording, it would totally eliminate the ability to get the cabinet in the room to react, and the software picking it up - one of the primary selling points in my book after hearing it do that, so I'll live with limited weeknight usage and count on weekend recording for the next few weeks.

However, I do have some more vacation time I could burn off...recording day! :biggrin:
This weekend's experiment - double-tracking rhythms with two emulated greenback 4x12s - one with an SM57, one a U87 at a distance (5, 10 'feet', dunno)...think Rhoads...should be sick!! Probably will end up replacing half the PODfarm tracks at this rate (probably will dump the Soldano and Bogner emulated tracks, keep the Marshall Plexi), the Boogie is, as you'd imagine, just KILLING them. :fenderstrat:

GO-SPURS-GO
09-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Well I guess it doesn't sound that good then!

Well since I saw you groaned me, J.. I hope you realize that I was only playing with ya. Geez.. :(

Just wanted to show you that post to make sure you saw it. :)

jhale667
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't even try to rationalize your bullshit. Yeah I saw it - and it wasn't you playing, it was you sucking up to the two resident troll fucksticks in this forum. It's LAME, and therefore groan-worthy.

New Rule: If they (or you) don't have anything relevant to post in here, it's GONE. Officially done with this shit. :mad:

Blackflag
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
You guys crack me up, man! Where's Dj and Blackflag?

I'm sick. Flu or something.

Blackflag
09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Hale has no sense of humor, and no personality. He can dish it out, but can't take it. :(

Diamondjimi
09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm sick. Flu or something. :anal:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News&#37;20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/oh-snap-u-got-da-aids.jpg

Blackflag
09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Boy, that's funny.

jhale667
09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Translation:

Hale owns me too hard- I can't take it. :(

http://a3.vox.com/6a00c22520f9118fdb00d41430986b685e-500pi

Feel free to take it to the complaint department. :finger33:

No sense of humor? Have you even posted anything remotely funny yet, fuckstump?

Didn't think so. :hee:

jhale667
09-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Hale has no sense of humor, and no personality.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Insult&#37;20comic/DoingItWrong.jpg

A little cold medicine and you're off your already minimal game, I see..:hee:

Again, got anything relevant to contribute? If not, STFU.

Diamondjimi
09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Translation:

http://a3.vox.com/6a00c22520f9118fdb00d41430986b685e-500pi

Feel free to take it to the complaint department. :finger33:

Here J, have him fill this out and mail it to Sarge...:biggrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Hurtfeelingsreport.jpg

jhale667
09-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Here J, have him fill this out and mail it to Sarge...:biggrin:

Will do. :baaa:

BTW, I've decided I'm gonna Google some Max Norman interviews where he talks about recording Randy Rhoads here in a few and see if he mentions exactly how far back he placed the ambient mics for guitar tracks on those recordings, and try ballparking the U87 preset that way...:D

Blackflag
09-24-2009, 11:20 PM
All I can say is that it takes a lot of class to not mess with somebody who's sick. So that's about what I'd expect from a middle-aged, jobless, educationless, apartment-dwelling, wannabe, who was born the sticks.

So good for you, Hale. You never disappoint.

Blackflag
09-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Fuckers.

http://www.rotharmy.com/gallery/files/1/9/8/2/4/4c21a6b2d7ee7402c8400a57f279c7f9_31.jpg

jhale667
09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
All I can say is that it takes a lot of class to not mess with somebody who's sick. So that's about what I'd expect from a middle-aged, jobless, educationless, apartment-dwelling, wannabe, who was born the sticks.

So good for you, Hale. You never disappoint.

Are you finished being a little bitch yet? You're actually going to try to go martyr on us here? Seriously? Go fuck yourself.

I'm not quite middle aged yet sorry. Jobless? Wrong. And I think the word you were looking for there, dumbfuck - is "uneducated" - which you just inadvertently proved yourself to be...again, wrong. Bitch.
Nice try at projection, though. :tongue0011: Guess you can blame the self-ownage on the cold meds, huh? :lmao:

You have nothing to contribute, you don't know jack about anything, to where you'd be able to offer any sort of opinion other than "uh, I bet it sucks" - and all you can do is try to derail. Congrats on another epic fail.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Insult&#37;20comic/Wrongway.jpg

GAR
09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Don't even try to rationalize your bullshit. Yeah I saw it - and it wasn't you playing, it was you sucking up to the two resident troll fucksticks in this forum. It's LAME, and therefore groan-worthy.

New Rule: If they (or you) don't have anything relevant to post in here, it's GONE. Officially done with this shit. :mad:

Gosh! Website's not even up a full year yet, and Jay's already gone NaziMOD mode..

jhale667
09-25-2009, 12:43 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Insult&#37;20comic/zerotrolltolerance.jpg

STFU. :D

GAR
09-25-2009, 12:46 AM
..think Rhoads...should be sick!! Probably will end up replacing half the PODfarm tracks at this rate

Most definately will be replacing.. nuff said.

What's your favorite Rhoads track btw..

jhale667
09-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Most definately will be replacing.. nuff said.

What's your favorite Rhoads track btw..

Can't say I disagree there (except perhaps on the spelling of 'definitely') ...thinking they'll be (for the most part) superfluous now, except for some of the clean tracks I put down.

You'd be happy to know the speaker cabinet emulation chosen is sampled from a cab w/vintage Greenbacks, btw. ;)

As for Rhoads tracks, what's not to like? But it depends, I guess - but one of the reasons I'm trying the 57/U87 combo is that's what I read was used, particularly on Diary. I'm kind of looking for a "Tonight" vibe on some backing rhythm tracks -big, distorted chordal parts.

GAR
09-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Ah, a little melancholy to go with that final paycheck.. been there, felt that alright.

From the pics of that session, it looks like a really really deadened-up room and to the ear I'd say the reverb was added after the track.

Try recording just straight no-fx tracks, expecting to process a chorus before the reverbs later - then fool around with the mic'ing placements as an idea, is what I'd try first.

jhale667
09-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Final paycheck? "Immigrant steal yer job" again? :eek: Sorry to hear that.

Not adding reverb at all on this. Nothing added during recording - no compression, EQ, anything, just basic direct amp tracks.
There will be, however, a couple of points where I'll be using my echo presets for a second or two here and there, but the idea is to approach the track more like I'd pull off the part live anyway. But not putting a bunch of chorus on the rhythm tracks or anything if that's what you mean.

GO-SPURS-GO
09-25-2009, 03:24 AM

Okay.. It might have been lame, but I WAS only playing, honest to God, J. :guitar: I apologize to you if you really thought that I wasn’t. I’ve heard all your stuff from the three myspace sites you have, and from your youtube and other video channels, and I know you’ve probably seen my stuff. So why in the world would you think I had the room to be making fun of you? I respect the hell out of you as a musician, and more importantly.. as a human being! So I would never, ever make fun of you. Even though he doesn’t do it, there’s only one person on this board who wouldn’t look stupid if he made fun of other musicians here.

I always see :lmao: and :fufu: in your posts to Gar, so I just assumed all this off topic sparring was in fun. But since I now see you’re :mad: about it, I’ll abide by your new rule. It’ll be hard, because I think it’s funny, but I see why it would get tiresome.

GAR
09-25-2009, 04:04 AM
Even though he doesn’t do it, there’s only one person on this board who wouldn’t look stupid if he made fun of other musicians here.

Lesfunk?

Blackflag
09-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Are you finished being a little bitch yet? You're actually going to try to go martyr on us here? Seriously? Go fuck yourself.

I'm not quite middle aged yet sorry. Jobless? Wrong. And I think the word you were looking for there, dumbfuck - is "uneducated" - which you just inadvertently proved yourself to be...again, wrong. Bitch.
Nice try at projection, though. :tongue0011: Guess you can blame the self-ownage on the cold meds, huh? :lmao:

You have nothing to contribute, you don't know jack about anything, to where you'd be able to offer any sort of opinion other than "uh, I bet it sucks" - and all you can do is try to derail. Congrats on another epic fail.

Note that you just piss and moan about my choice of words, but don't dispute what I'm saying.

So, I had a friend who used to rock it out hard every night, living the dream, and spent the days as an assistant or janitor in some doctor's office, or something...

Then he turned 35, and he decided to grow up and get on with his life. Went to college, owns a house now, etc. Just 15 years behind everybody he grew up with...but better late than never, right?

But you think you're not another douchebag - so it's ok to take yourself too seriously. Because you're the man, right? Piss on me. Make Go Spurs Go grovel and apologize to you. Whatever, man. You think you'll be any different at 35?

You know who should take themselves seriously? People who perform surgery. You know who should sit down and shut the fuck up? You.

Here's to not taking yourself so seriously, Hale.

:beers8:

jhale667
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
You know who should take themselves seriously? People who perform surgery. You know who should sit down and shut the fuck up? You.

Here's to not taking yourself so seriously, Hale.

:beers8:

Dude, the only person taking themselves too seriously here is YOU, so why don't you take your own advice...and STFU. I'd say quit while you're ahead, but it's already too late for that...:biggrin:

Sorry you're still stuck in that janitorial position, btw...:lmao:

jhale667
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Note that you just piss and moan about my choice of words, but don't dispute what I'm saying.

Since we all know you're making it up as you go along, why would I need to dispute you? You're full of shit. :fufu:

I'm not a wannabe, dropped the "rock star" aspiration years ago - but you are most certainly a has-been/never was.

GAR
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry you're still stuck in that janitorial position, btw...:lmao:

With your sparsely-dedecorated place contrived in Early Salvation Army, you ain't far off that same course but it's where you wanna be at your age far be it from me to criticize.

I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck and that you're getting ahead with what you wish to accomplish these next couple months ahead while you're unemfuckingployed.

GAR
09-25-2009, 11:26 PM
So, I had a friend who used to rock it out hard every night, living the dream, and spent the days as an assistant or janitor in some doctor's office, or something...

Then he turned 35, and he decided to grow up and get on with his life.

That sounds like some of my old bandmates, minus the growed up/got on with life thingy..

jhale667
09-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and call the EL34 SM57/U87 test was a success, so much so that I'm going to re-track all the (current and all future) dirty rhythms this way. :killer:
The U87 emulation actually sounds way better than the SM57 (much like the real one probably, I've only used 57s personally)...
I didn't go too wacky on the placement again, just ran the sampled U87/grille. actually had it mixed up louder when I was listening to the playback..
Cameraphone vid doesn't really do it justice; and posting one here would just start another bitchfest anyway. :rolleyes: But yes, again, KILLING the PODfarm tracks.. I might keep the Bogner and Marshall Plexi emulations on some, but they're gonna be mixed waaaay low. I am gonna keep a lot the cleans I did w/PODfarm, it's great for that stuff.

But for anyone -y'know, non-troll :biggrin: that is actually interested in home recording, I would totally recommend checking this software out....especially if you have an amp with a recording or even a slave out...it's only $69 for the combo with the Vintage and Modern sets (haven't even gotten to Modern yet...hahaha)

GAR
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
I dunno about this emulated U87, but the real thing has such high sensitivity it's wonderful. You can really bury the gain on it with a compressor/limiter to make it increase between low volume vamping and jazz mute strumming before limiting it for full volume rolloff cranked barrchording.

But I would choose two 57's, parallel wired, single preamp single channel for the main input. Aim one about 1" from the perceived edge of the cone at the last flex-roll, and one about 1" from the perceived edge of the voicecoil (which is easy with greenbacks - the golfball dustcap edge meets the voicecoil just about).

Does this program allow distance miking? Set the 57s on one channel, the second channel do the U87 on and gank the gain on input till it barely feedsback, then back off a hair.

Then pan between channels: the 57 will be meaty and bassy, the U87 is gonna be airy and echoey the way it should. You're trying to get room ambience and echo with it so when you put the U87 in the mix, it's not for clarity. It's for colour.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Again, you don't have anything relevant to contribute...fucking troll.

With your sparsely-dedecorated place contrived in Early Salvation Army

Cough, cough "van by the river..." cough

What color is the sky in your world?
And you'd know about my "dedecorations" :umm: from a few pictures of A) a wall, and B ) guitars on a bed....on however many websites you're stalking me on these days and how many visits to my place, asshat? Oh yeah, none. :rolleyes:

And that's one of the couches I've given away you're sleeping on under the overpass, hammerhead.

far be it from me to criticize.

Especially when you obviously have no idea wtf you're talking about...so STFU.

I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck and that you're getting ahead with what you wish to accomplish these next couple months ahead while you're unemfuckingployed.

I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck posting from the library for the rest of your life.
Why must you always project your own sad personal issues on others? You're the unemployed one, remember? The one with the limited skill set that ensures you can be more cheaply replaced by a migrant worker, as you so regularly point out, fucking Wiki-master..

Once again, did you have anything relevant to the thread to contribute - y'know perhaps about the software the thread is about, recording guitars in general or did you just wanna toss out some more troll bullshit?

Surprised you haven't trolled the Recabinet website and trying to act like you know more about it than everyone else.... :lmao:

Sad little personal vendetta (you still hate me for my 'clean' guitars, I know)'s got you off your game too...and at this hour, shouldn't you be trolling for cock on Santa Monica Blvd by now anyway?

jhale667
09-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I dunno about this emulated U87, but the real thing has such high sensitivity it's wonderful. You can really bury the gain on it with a compressor/limiter to make it increase between low volume vamping and jazz mute strumming before limiting it for full volume rolloff cranked barrchording.

But I would choose two 57's, parallel wired, single preamp single channel for the main input. Aim one about 1" from the perceived edge of the cone at the last flex-roll, and one about 1" from the perceived edge of the voicecoil (which is easy with greenbacks - the golfball dustcap edge meets the voicecoil just about).

Does this program allow distance miking? Set the 57s on one channel, the second channel do the U87 on and gank the gain on input till it barely feedsback, then back off a hair.

Then pan between channels: the 57 will be meaty and bassy, the U87 is gonna be airy and echoey the way it should. You're trying to get room ambience and echo with it so when you put the U87 in the mix, it's not for clarity. It's for colour.

Geez-us, was that so difficult? :rolleyes: That's almost exactly what I'm doing with the 57/U87 emulations (had you not been trolling you wouldn't have missed it); each is running on a separate track. There's not as huge an amount of distance emulations as I thought, but there' almost every imagineable cone/cap/grille combo, and distances ranging from .0-5 inches from what I'm seeing.

Sucker of Satan's Penis
09-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Running the 57s both on one channel reduces offphase linearity.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Running the 57s both on one channel reduces offphase linearity.

Replying with your alias is ghey.

Sucker of Satan's Penis
09-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Do you wish to drag Allah down to your imprurient level, mortal? I throw only the meat of truth to you, and your infidel reply is merely accusations of homosexuality?

jhale667
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Whatever...:umm:

Here's why the clean tracks are worth keeping...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-gpjo2qXmU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-gpjo2qXmU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GAR
09-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Sounds pretty clean for not being a JC120!

jhale667
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Sounds pretty clean for not being a JC120!

Actually, the clean amps emulations were a tweed Bassman and a JC120...

GAR
09-26-2009, 01:24 AM
What they need to do for this program next I'd say, is come up with a solution to remote the pedals switches so you could roll the volume but click off the chorus and/or reverbs.

Is there some sort of USB interface you could align with this thing, say, click "effect" then assign "footbutton 1" and enter or some shit?

GAR
09-26-2009, 01:25 AM
M Audio comes to mind, I'll check to see what they do for these recording video games..

jhale667
09-26-2009, 01:33 AM
The Line6 UX2 interface has two footswitch jacks, I'm sure you could do something of that nature with PODfarm. Not really an issue IMO, or my application, I guess.

My pedalboard's doing just fine in the Amp/Recabinet application too, probably because there's so little in front of my amp's input. And for the record, only 3 things in the FX loop.

GAR
09-26-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't see nothing such as a "footswitch assigning" USB remoter, or something on M Audio. But it looks like Avid who bought out Protools, also bought out M Audio!

They had good affordable hardware solutions, so I guess look elsewhere for that.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't need it from M-Audio or Digidesign or whoever; If need be you can get foot controllers for Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc., as well as whatever Line 6 is offering.
I however, don't need it for this. Any channel or effect switching done on the fly will be done with my pedalboard w/the Boogie and Recabinet.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Kinda wishing I had a webcam, or something besides the stupid phone cam...starting to get some killer results with this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYyofgQ8LNs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYyofgQ8LNs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Phone's mic mushes out, but once I get to the point where I can dump something to an MP3, I'll post it.

GAR
09-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Kinda wishing I had a webcam, or something besides the stupid phone cam...

In the sub$200 range you have Canon Powershot, which i have, and the Sony version which my chick just got, I like mine better even though its 2 years older.

Both are okay, they come up recognized in Windows as a storage device you can download pix from on any pc with or without the software.

I'm still looking and haven't found, a remote footswitcher or board that will interface with the screen FX. I wasn't talking about interfacing other outboard pedals or effects.

I would be interested in using a dedicated software recording prog *IF* you could click on-off via a USB pedalboard. But for now I'm still toying with the idea of going with Cubase Studio5, for other-than-guitar related reasons mostly vocals and songwriting.

There was one guy who developed such a thing to interface with Protools at NAMM 06 but I haven't seen anything of it since.. I'd have to dig up my namm literature bags from that year and find his card and email.

Since it's been done, I know it is only a matter of demand before someone like Peavey or Mackie do something en masse.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm still looking and haven't found, a remote footswitcher or board that will interface with the screen FX. I wasn't talking about interfacing other outboard pedals or effects.

I would be interested in using a dedicated software recording prog *IF* you could click on-off via a USB pedalboard. But for now I'm still toying with the idea of going with Cubase Studio5, for other-than-guitar related reasons mostly vocals and songwriting.

That's why you should get Guitar Rig or Amplitube, from what you're describing - their footcontrollers are USB, and you can conrol the emulated wah, volume and effects...

GAR
09-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I have looked at Guitar Rig and passed on it already, thanks for the tip.

jhale667
09-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Passed on it too. Amplitube came with my Pro Tools set-up package, but I already had PODfarm, so I primarily used it, barely screwed with Amplitube at all...but I got no need for steeking footswitches (yet). :D I can see where it'd be nice to have, though...

jhale667
09-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm excited now...got two keeper rhythms down now, need to redo one out of the 3 I've tried thus far (level clipped out at a single point during an otherwise perfect take...bummer :( ), that's going pretty well (got the levels set and am not touching shit now...lol) set up a new song file folder and track template (tempo set, tracks named, Recabinet-loaded plug-ins already selected for the 2 guitar tracks) for the tune I wouldn't even have been able to start at home w/o Recabinet as it's effect-based...I mean, I guess I could have conceivably recreated it in PODfarm, but would've taken hours, and still wouldn't have sounded as good..
Totally going to give that one a shot tomorrow, so I decided to build it tonight after hours - wonder does that count as "pre-production" :lmao:

But in the morning all I have to do is get up, fire up the Boogie and open the track...in. :D

jhale667
09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
...Well, if I hadn't done all that last night, this would have taken all day. :rolleyes: This tune's riff is based off a Tremolo effect I was messing with one day...it was one of those happy accident moments where you're just playing around and your friends/bandmates/whatever come rushing into the room going "WTF is that?!? Keep working on that one!" :D So I've been working on it, but like I said, would have to re-build the effect digitally to record it up until now.

What ended up being a pain in the ass was the tempo I thought it was didn't quite match up to the actual effect preset (already did re-create it once to be able to save it in my MM-4, it was originally stumbled onto with one of the Purple Dunlop ones)

http://guitargeek.com/gear/img/dunlop_tremolo.gif

Anyway, it seemingly took forever to match up the tempo...ended up being 104 BPM. Didn't want to settle for something "close enough" and lose the vibe of the riff. But I finally got it down. I think I will take advantage of the cut & paste features for the first time to make absolutely sure the effect-rhythm locks in with the click.

But recording with my usual pedalboard presets is working fine with Recabinet, though...

jhale667
10-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I am having too much fun over here. Got two more rhythm tracks down this afternoon using the "Green 4x12" SM57/U87 setup; things are sounding reeeeeeally good. These tracks are SO much fatter sounding that any of the ones I've done w/PODfarm. I'm stoked. :)

GAR
10-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Post guitarPRON, fucker!

Diamondjimi
10-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Hmm, maybe if we stop posting pics, certain said Troll will vacate certain threads...

GAR
10-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm not the one goin' on and on about how great a previously unknown software is running for ones' self.

You know a pattern I've noticed with you is, you're jealous I take a minor joy in Jay's discoveries. I may tease once in awhile, but I think Jay's on the right track.

He's happy with his developments, he's trying new things, he's open to new amplifiers. I like Jay.

I don't like you. You don't do anything except bitch.

Diamondjimi
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm not the one goin' on and on about how great a previously unknown software is running for ones' self.

That's because you don't own a cuntputer, nevermind a home studio setup...

He's happy with his developments, he's trying new things, he's open to new amplifiers. I like Jay.

Careful Jay, he's buttering you up to be his new bumdarts pal! :hee:

I don't like you.

Thank you, I don't like you either! :Loser:

Hardrock69
10-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't like you. You don't do anything except bitch.

???

And you don't? You must have some serious self-hate issues then, as all you do is bitch!

Fucking hell, no matter what anyone posts around here, no matter what the subject, you have to hop in with your infantile felching and start complaining because people do not do something like you would, or you act angry because people actually have stuff you wish you could only dream of owning (when all you actually own is yourself...repeatedly), and you simply cannot stop running your mouth in a manner consistent with diarrhea.

It is quite obvious you have two assholes, as when you open either one, a river of shit comes out.
Only problem is nobody can figure out which end is your ass, you fucking asshole.

Go find a 2 x 4 and hit yourself in the face a few times. It might actually improve your looks, and if you knock yourself the fuck out, at least we won't have to be exposed to your negative outlook and juvenile demonstrations of inferior emotional development for a while.

Did your mommy feed you with a baby spoon made of lead? It might explain some of the symptoms of mental impairment you display with amazing regularity. :biggrin:

Or perhaps you still have unresolved issues with other 3-year-olds having more toys than you when you were a Mini-Gar?

No matter.

There is the front end of a freight train somewhere in Van Nuys that has your name spray-painted across it. Wait for the train to come along the train tracks, and then walk in front of it so you can attempt to read your own fucking name. You will do the world a favor. Giving us back the resources you would be using if you were still alive...like water, oxygen, food, etc. that could better be used by Megan Fox or someone who is actually worth something.

What?

A sphincter says what?

There is nothing you can say that can convince anyone on this website that you have any relevance to anything posted here, regardless of how you attempt to demonstrate you know how to put wurds and sntenses togethur to mak yursel seam smart.

Heh...gaR? Kan u bee sMart? :lol:

i thot you couldn't.....

heeeeeee....:hee:

jhale667
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM
You know a pattern I've noticed with you is, you're jealous I take a minor joy in Jay's discoveries. I may tease once in awhile, but I think Jay's on the right track.

:umm: Like me? Coulda fooled me...but okay...

as for the preceding DJ and HR69 posts...
:lmao:

In other news, y'know -not to go on about a previously unheard of software that's working for me, :biggrin: but got another track down today...that makes 5 with Boogie tracks now...:hee:
The one thing I do notice about this software is that it is SUPER sensitive to level changes. I used a different guitar today (my main Drop-D, er C# one) and even though it has the same (Duncan Custom) coil-wind in the pickup as the main one I've been using, the ceramic magnet in the regular Custom is seemingly a little hotter than the A2 in the Custom-Custom.
Though I didn't change anything setting-wise from yesterday, my first attempt was too hot...signal clipped (on the SM57 track only) for a nanosecond, ruining an otherwise perfect take. That sucked, but tweaked the levels again for a few and finally nailed it.

Diamondjimi
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
No doubt. Detuned guitars def. jump levels up...
I like what I'm hearing 'bout it.Def. gonna look into Recab! ;)

GAR
10-05-2009, 12:30 AM

???

And you don't? You must have .. (edit: continuous excretive banter)

Silence, Twin Dungbeetles of the Ignoramitudes!

Allow me to clarify your jealousies: I like what Jay is working toward, I did not say I admire him so let's not get your little panties in a twist that I'm not paying attention to you kiddees today.

Go out, find something interesting, then return it to the nest here if you want positive input.

GAR
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
In other news, y'know -not to go on about a previously unheard of software that's working for me

Nobody's ever heard of Recabinet or made a thread on it until you brought it up.

Diamondjimi
10-05-2009, 12:45 AM

Allow me to clarify your jealousies: I like what Jay is working toward, I did not say I admire him so let's not get your little panties in a twist that I'm not paying attention to you kiddees today.

Go out, find something interesting, then return it to the nest here if you want positive input.

You must have us cuntfused with people who give a shit what you think,say, or do.
Now why don't YOU go out, reem yourself with a rusted soup can and fuckoff over to Wikipedia for some "interesting" facts about stuff nobody cares about! :Loser:

Diamondjimi
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Nobody's ever heard of Recabinet or made a thread on it until you brought it up.

Ya know. Those of us who actually make AND record music appreciate the fact that Jay goes into detail about these things AND shares his PERSONAL examples with us to demonstrate this product...

GAR, go and Troll for friendship somewhere else. You JUST DON'T GET IT. You're NOT fucking welcome here! :Loser:

jhale667
10-05-2009, 12:54 AM

Exactly, jackass. :rolleyes:

I found something cool and thought I'd share with the group. Duh.

GAR
10-05-2009, 12:56 AM
GAR, go and Troll for friendship somewhere else.

I already tried that with Facebook, so I have no choice but to seek your approval here.. :jumping0041:

Diamondjimi
10-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I already tried that with Facebook, so I have no choice but to seek your approval here.. :jumping0041:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/FAILflash.gif

Hardrock69
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM

Ahh I see, Gar is upset because someone else heard of something that he knows nothing about, and decided to post about it.

Fucking loser.

I am not interested in input from your sorry ass, positive or not.

Where is your rump-ranger friend Black Fag? Go suck him off for awhile. Having a hard cock in your mouth for a little while might let you forget the misery you experience here.

Idiot.

GAR
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Where is your friend BlackFlag? Thoughts of having his hard cock in my mouth for a little while might let me forget the misery I experience offline.

Idiot.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/56578-what-should-done-about-unemployment.html#post1388666

Such pathos. Such ignominanny. Such jealousy!

jhale667
10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Such lameness.
GAyR's little buddy didn't like it because he got his ass handed to him here more frequently and mercilessly than he does in Front Line (and he didn't think that was possible!)....

GAyR just can't take the hint...

Back on topic, bitch. Oh, but that's right - you don't know what the fuck you're talking about either....

How's that plywood Charvette record, huh? :hee:

GAR
10-05-2009, 11:48 PM
You need another $75 strat copy dontcha, chickenlegsbeergutstickboy?

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Such lameness.
GAyR's little buddy didn't like it because he got his ass handed to him here more frequently and mercilessly than he does in Front Line (and he didn't think that was possible!)....

Is that what you call it when you whine like a bitchy little poseur?

"You guys better stay on topic, or I'll erase your posts! Darnit!" :umm: I could just imagine your stomping around your pathetic apartment like a brat.

You whine like a girl, and you argue like a retard. Long story short, you bored me with your constant whining and posing. Refaginet that.

Any questions, fag?

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Where is your rump-ranger friend Black Fag? Go suck him off for awhile. Having a hard cock in your mouth for a little while might let you forget the misery you experience here.

And this guy's posts are way too graphic to be anything other than closet homophobia.

It's one thing calling somebody a fag. Posts like this are in a whole different category. You know he's getting a thrill when he's types that shit.

GAR
10-06-2009, 12:28 AM
You know he's getting a thrill when he's types that shit.

Of course I'm gay for throwing out a wiki link so he can see past his shit-tinted glasses for himself what we're talking about exactly:

Narratophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narratophilia)

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Any questions, sir?

Just one:

Would you like to fuck off now, or later? :lmao:

Bitch.

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 01:06 AM
*edited due to possible trademark infringement*

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Of course I'm gay

Admitting it is the first step...now you and Buttflag can share your love that dare not speak its' name...:hee:

Again, did either of you two losers have anything relevant to contribute to the topic, or are you two gonna start sucking each other off again?

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Why don't you stick your idiotic topic up your ass, Hale? Fucking get a clue and let it go.

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Yawn.

Yep, that's what your posts are...a fucking snorefest.

You don't even really play guitar, admit it. All your PMs about SRV were bullshit. You're just being a troll bitch.

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Why is it important enough for you to even care, clown?

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Why don't you stick your idiotic topic up your ass, Hale? Fucking get a clue and let it go.

Or what? You'll cry some more?

And you accuse me of whining? :lmao: You're pathetic.

Why don't you go die in a fire or something? There's only two people who have a problem with this subject, and that's because you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TOPIC. So stick it up your own ass and fuck off.

Why is it important enough for you to even care, clown?

Just proved my point, Felcher. You DON'T. So the question is, why the fuck are you even posting in this forum?

Dan
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Yawn.

Please Note:Yawn Is A Trade-Mark To The Poster "Crazy Kiwi From The Heat".

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Or what? You'll cry some more?

And you accuse me of whining? :lmao: You're pathetic.

Why don't you go die in a fire or something? There's only two people who have a problem with this subject, and that's because you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TOPIC. So stick it up your own ass and fuck off.

Am I whining? I'm telling you to stop trying to resurrect your asinine topic because nobody is fucking interested. Take the advice.

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 01:16 AM

Sorry.

GAR
10-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Why don't you stick your idiotic topic up your ass, Hale?

Wait, I was hoping he'd find some cheat codes, or an extra treasure easter-egg map or something for this before closing it.. a "how-to," nope. Boss-level strategies, nope.

Close the thread I guess, Jay. Your work is done..

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:17 AM

Yeah, well Buttflag's infringing on your trademark....;) and he's only bored because he DOESN'T UNDERSTAND...:hee:

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Am I whining?

YES. So shut the fuck up already, you fucking baby. You're like a 4-year old someone just took some candy away from...amazed someone didn't shake you to death as an infant. :rolleyes: Although a failed attempt would explain a lot....

I'm telling you to stop trying to resurrect your asinine topic because nobody is fucking interested. Take the advice.

Again, you and GAyR are the only ones who seem to have a problem here; DJ and HR have contributed to the thread: You CAN'T. So you bitch.

GAR
10-06-2009, 01:25 AM
There's still alot I don't understand about this software:

Does it crash better in Vista or XP?
What physical requirements (ram, HD, CPU, fu2)
Does it need another program to run, or is it standalone
How many weapons does one need to make the levels go online
Does it interface well with Freindster? Facester? Myspacester?

jhale667
10-06-2009, 01:42 AM
There's still alot I don't understand about this software:

Does it crash better in Vista or XP?

It doesn't crash. Or cause them. It's only about 300MB.

And yes, as the current version is not a stand-alone plug-in, it requires a convolution loader to run the IRs. I'm using Mellowmuse IR1A, but there are free ones out there.
That's yet another point where your reading comprehension/retention's failing (hmm, could be early-onset Alzheimer's at your age gramps, you probably wanna get that checked next time you're at the free clinic), or you were too busy trolling to catch that the first two times...

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 02:13 AM
YES. So shut the fuck up already, you fucking baby. You're like a 4-year old someone just took some candy away from...amazed someone didn't shake you to death as an infant. :rolleyes: Although a failed attempt would explain a lot....

See, this is what I'm talking about. You have no class, and no common sense. There's nothing funny about shaken baby syndrome, you ignorant schmuck. Not funny.

This is why your life has amounted to nothing thusfar: because you're a stupid, no class fuck. That's why you'll spend the rest of your life posing.

(And, btw, this is what happens when you start up shit with me. Maybe you should have let sleeping dogs lie?)

jhale667
10-06-2009, 02:32 AM
See, this is what I'm talking about. You have no class, and no common sense. There's nothing funny about shaken baby syndrome, you ignorant schmuck. Not funny.

Sure it is, but ONLY when the baby is YOU. Otherwise agreed, that would be reprehensible. And "classless"? Wow, you just accurately described yourself. Go back and read your own posts in this forum, mouth-breather. You're a fucking hack.

And yeah, I'm gonna start deleting your shit. Or at least making it FUNNY....No stomping required. Douche. Like you can talk to anyone about class. Give it up.

This is why your life has amounted to nothing thusfar: because you're a stupid, no class fuck. That's why you'll spend the rest of your life posing.

Congrats on the failed attempt at projecting your own loserdom on to someone else. No one's buying it.
And you'd know what my life has amounted to how, exactly, fuckstick? Ever teched for even one touring band? Ever played a show of your own in your entire life (your grade school talent show doesn't count, btw)? Ever recorded your own material?
Anyone ever shown any interest in you, EVER? Y'know, besides your mom out of some sad sense of guilt?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :hee:

(And, btw, this is what happens when you start up shit with me. Maybe you should have let sleeping dogs lie?)

OOOOOOOOOO!
Overestimating your sorry self again, there aren't ya?

Yeah, let me see if I can pencil in being scared of your wrath. Maybe sometime next week...No. Hey, maybe you can take out a loan and rent some game, butt-nugget....you have nothing, and you prove it with each and every post.

Gonna cry some more now, pussy-boy?

GAR
10-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Sure it is, but ONLY when the baby is YOU. Otherwise agreed, that would be reprehensible. And "classless"? Wow, you just accurately described yourself. Go back and read your own posts in this forum, mouth-breather. You're a fucking hack.

And yeah, I'm gonna start deleting your shit. Or at least making it FUNNY....No stomping required. Douche. Like you can talk to anyone about class. Give it up.

Congrats on the failed attempt at projecting your own loserdom on to someone else. No one's buying it.
And you'd know what my life has amounted to how, exactly, fuckstick? Ever teched for even one touring band? Ever played a show of your own in your entire life (your grade school talent show doesn't count, btw)? Ever recorded your own material?
Anyone ever shown any interest in you, EVER? Y'know, besides your mom out of some sad sense of guilt?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :hee:

OOOOOOOOOO!
Overestimating your sorry self again, there aren't ya?

Yeah, let me see if I can pencil in being scared of your wrath. Maybe sometime next week...No. Hey, maybe you can take out a loan and rent some game, butt-nugget....you have nothing, and you prove it with each and every post.

Gonna cry some more now, pussy-boy?

He just keeps holding that Bic lighter against those diminutive, plastic-toothed gears whizzing in your mind, and they keep melting and stripping more and more, and you keep letting him?

He's owning you pretty good tonite innee..

jhale667
10-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Buttflag and I both hunger for the cock...

And everyone knows it. :biggrin:

GAR
10-06-2009, 03:12 AM
That provides me:

(1) self-owning, for having to restort to an edit.. and
+ (1) self-owning, for being a phallicentric dumbass
-----------------------------------------------------
total = 2 ownings - thanks for owning yourself this time for me

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 03:15 AM
GARbage is sounding more and more like Katie every day.... :Loser:

GAR
10-06-2009, 03:18 AM
.. and you're sounding like - nothing? Because you're "cd" is really a "cdr" unfit for posting, obv.

jhale667
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
And you sound like a sad, bitter troll. As usual.

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
So sad to be in GAR's shoes. Not being able to play an instrument or even own one for that matter. Having to stalk people on a message board critisizing their equiptment and questioning their abilities to gratify his own shortcomings and failures. Quite sad when you really think about it.
Imagine what he has to live with... being vertically challenged, unemployment, his best years trailing off behind him in the rear view mirror, so down and out he's resorted to posting on a library computer posting idiosies and utter lies in a forum where he's abbhorred and loathed...

Gar, you're one sad case. You should think about going back home to Wisconson and visit your Mom. You definately could use a hug, and a home cooked meal for that matter...

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM

Did you know there's a whole world of possibilities out there beyond being a roadie and recording yourself in your apartment bedroom?

I mean, you could become an astronaut, a brain surgeon...you could win a Nobel Prize, find the cure for cancer... Maybe even get a girlfriend?

Ok, well maybe you can't do any of those things. But I know you could at least become the manager of your local 7-11. At least that's more impressive than being a roadie.

It's not about being scared, Hale. It's about getting you all spun up with every post. You're so easy. And if you didn't want to become all irate, you shouldn't have poked me with a stick.

Hardrock69
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Why don't you stick your idiotic topic up your ass, Hale?

Because it is your responsibility to stick whatever is within arms reach up your ass, NAMBLA poster child. :hee:

Hardrock69
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM

For once I agree. You are a perfect example of what happens as a result. Mental retardation combined with delusions of intelligence. :lol:

Speak for yourself, loser.

(And, btw, this is what happens when you start up shit with me.
:biggrin:
Yes, you start snivelling like a 3-year old.

Hardrock69
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
But I know you could at least become the manager of your local 7-11.

Something you know all too well from hanging out in front of one for most of your life bumming change.

And if you didn't want to become all irate, you shouldn't have poked me with a stick.

Why shouldn't people poke you with a stick?That is the total worth of your pathetic excuse for an existence.
If it wasn't for Gar allowing you to lick his ass once in awhile, you would have no value to anyone. But then, being Gar's personal cock-gobbler is not really a valuable function in general. It just keeps you from posting when he is ass-raping you. And that is good for everyone else, as they at least get a momentary respite from your idiocy. Somehow your mother got pregant with you, and the zookeepers in the tree sloth exhibit did not notice, otherwise you would not be living on the streets. :tongue0011:

jhale667
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Buttflag = pathetic douche. It's so obvious every time he posts. In truth, he's the one aspiring to someday, hopefully...ascend to management at his local 7-11. :hee:

Meanwhile, clean up on aisle four- bitch! Hop to it! :lmao:

Speak for yourself, loser.

Don't worry, dude...he IS. ;) Hard to tell who's owning themselves worse these days...him or GAyR...:lol:

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Buttflag = pathetic douche. It's so obvious every time he posts. In truth, he's the one aspiring to someday, hopefully...ascend to management at his local 7-11. :hee:

Hale, I'm a lot older than you, and I've already lived my life. But whether I accomplished anything, or am a bum like you think - isn't that really irrelevant as to why your major accomplishment in life is being a roadie for a "touring band?"

I mean, are you really using some guy on the internet you've never met as the excuse for your failure in life?

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Hale, I'm a lot older than you, and I've already lived my life.

Well, that explains the bitterness...

Blackflag
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Who's bitter? I resent that.

GAR
10-06-2009, 09:59 PM
You definately could use a hug, and a home cooked meal for that matter...

Lefty and I are headed to Culver City tonite for din-din, so the food's taken care of.. and on the other note, thanks for considering my emotional stability.

Jesus loves you that way, but I cannot. It would be a sin.

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Lefty and I are headed to Culver City tonite for din-din, so the food's taken care of..

Don't forget to tip your waiter!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9nTItnS3VNk/SUdA67OrZpI/AAAAAAAApU4/AXVZJc9XJL0/s400/PERSECUTION+UK+Salvation+Army.bmp

jhale667
10-06-2009, 10:28 PM
that really irrelevant as to why your major accomplishment in life is being a roadie for a "touring band?"

You're so jealous it'd be funny were it not so sad...

:D You're the only one claiming it to be my "major accomplishment", assmaster...it's just a single entry on a resume that most likely kicks yours' ass....:hee:
But the fact that I have (and still could if I wanted to) obviously burns you up....hater. :tongue0011:

And btw, we know "Lefty" is GAyR's pet-name for you....:poofters:

GAR
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
That's my chick's nickname.

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 11:32 PM
That's my chick's nickname.

Is she real, or is she imaginary like your warehouse full of gear?

jhale667
10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Is she real, or is she imaginary like your warehouse full of gear?

We already know the answer to that one....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHimj-crMrA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHimj-crMrA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blackflag
10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
You're so jealous it'd be funny were it not so sad...

:D You're the only one claiming it to be my "major accomplishment", assmaster...it's just a single entry on a resume that most likely kicks yours' ass....:hee:
But the fact that I have (and still could if I wanted to) obviously burns you up....hater. :tongue0011:

And btw, we know "Lefty" is GAyR's pet-name for you....:poofters:

Yeah. Jealous. Sure.

You brought it up as something to be proud of - not me. If that's not your big accomplishment, we're all ears. :umm:

I'd like to say owning you is hard work...but it's really not. :hee:

Hardrock69
10-07-2009, 12:43 AM
You'd like to say owning yourself is hard work....but it's really not.:hee:

jhale667
10-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Deny, deny, then cry....we know otherwise, bitter old man. Who's gonna get their first social security check, you or GAyR?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6EhTwLC21dY/SRKDwf-mEkI/AAAAAAAAAjo/Wz-fb3x_TLg/s400/crying+ol+man.jpg waaaaaaaaaaaaah

You're nothing, which is why the highlight of your life is trolling a website about a band you're not into, in a forum where musicians talk about gear you know nothing about.

You brought it up as something to be proud of - not me.

Was that before or after you tried to say I was unemployed like you? Losing track of your pathetic ramblings.

I'd like to say owning you is hard work...but it's really not.

Fail. Guess you need to try harder. :biggrin:

The only person you're owning is yourself, idiot. Notice it's not just me pointing that out. And sadly you're too thick to realize it...reeeeaaaally out of your element when you're not trolling Frontline, huh? :hee:

Keep wondering. It's obviously killing you, because you can't shut up about it... Yep, that's jealousy! :lmao:
You'd just say I'm "name-dropping", or whatever anyway so no, sorry. Not worried about proving anything to anyone....especially you.

Keep wishing you weren't a loser...while simultaneously proving you are....:D Sucks to be you. It's fun kicking your ass though...while you stand there insisting "Just a fleshwound!"

http://www.linustechtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/monty-python-black-knight.bmp

No, please - I'm sure everyone would rather hear the accomplishments of a old, bitter, non-playing, know-nothing, shit-stain troll instead...that'll be entertaining! Heard anything about the application you put in at 7-11 yet, fuckstump? :lol:

Recorded anything lately? Didn't think so...

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/2fa67414/good_effort.jpg?cb=1115204527

Blackflag
10-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm not a loser! You're a loser!

What a great response, Hale. Somebody proves you're a loser, and you're only response is, 'you are too!' Impressive? Impressively stupid.

Tell us more about your days as a roadie. Maybe one day you'll advance to being a golf caddy?

pwn.

jhale667
10-07-2009, 01:47 AM
What a great response, Hale. You proved I'm a loser, yet again.

I'm once again pwned. I should just go die.

Again, let's hear of anything of worth you've done, besides cleaning toilets...

jhale667
10-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Still wanna play, bitch?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Insult&#37;20comic/bosingpwned.jpg

Isn't just about time for lights out at the retirement home?