PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Merriman arrested

sadaist
09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Dammit, dammit, dammit!

Our best playmaker. Was out last season and it reall hurt the team. Now this? WTF! If this comes out as true, he may be gone for good. Man, we really needed him this season too. LT only has another good year or 2. If we don't strike now, we are heading into the rebuilding era. ARGH!

Chargers LB Merriman arrested in domestic call - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-merrimanarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Chargers LB Merriman arrested in domestic call

SAN DIEGO (AP)—San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman(notes) was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his Southern California home.

Tequila, 27, signed a citizen’s arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Gary Steadman said.

Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman’s house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and physically restrained when she had tried to leave, according to a Sheriff’s Department statement.

Merriman, 25, was taken into custody. Authorities declined to say whether he had posted bail or been released, pending an afternoon news conference.

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for “A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila,” which ran for two seasons on MTV. The bisexual dating show featured men and women vying for Tequila’s affections. She has also modeled for Playboy and other men’s magazines.

Scott E. Leemon, an attorney for Tequila, said in a statement that neither she nor her representatives would comment publicly on the incident.

Merriman’s agent, Tom Condon, said he hadn’t heard about the arrest when contacted by The Associated Press.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.

Merriman was the 12th overall pick out of the University of Maryland in the 2005 draft, and had 39.5 sacks in his first three years. The three-time Pro Bowl selection was getting back into shape after missing nearly all of last season with a knee injury. He played little during pre-season games. The Chargers’ season begins a week from Monday night at Oakland.

Smith often speaks of signing “character” players, yet the Chargers have had their share of off-field problems in recent seasons.

In 2006, there were seven run-ins with the law by San Diego players, including linebacker Steve Foley’s(notes) shooting by an off-duty police officer who suspected him of drunken driving.

Merriman was suspended four games for testing positive for steroids in 2006, and linebacker Stephen Cooper(notes) was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2008 season after testing positive for a banned stimulant.

sadaist
09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Why he is mixed up with a stank ho dyke like Tila Tequila is beyond me.

http://www.taratainton.com/images/stories/trysts/2008/jun/28_01_tila_tequila_tv_show.jpg

Little Texan
09-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Merriman was suspended four games for testing positive for steroids in 2006,

Looks like he is still on the juice. This is a classic case of roid rage.

sadaist
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Looks like he is still on the juice. This is a classic case of roid rage.

Maybe. I saw Tila in an interview once & I wanted to punch her...yet I've never taken steroids.

sadaist
09-06-2009, 11:44 PM
OK. Not many Chargers fans here I guess. Well....fuck y'all. Hope we play your team this year and smoke your ass.:tongue0011:

chefcraig
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
For the moment, I'd be willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, considering the Loony Toon making the accusation. This is the statement offered by Merriman late Sunday evening, giving his side of the incident.

On September 6, 2009, the San Diego Sheriffs Department responded to a citizens complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (aka Tila Tequila). I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided. We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California. There have been no charges filed against me. I want to thank the San Diego Sheriffs Department for their professionalism. I will continue to cooperate fully with the Department and I look forward to clearing my name regarding these false allegations. I want to put this behind me so I can continue to focus on a successful season for the San Diego Chargers.

Chargers' Merriman arrested; celeb alleges battery (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/06/bn06merriman-arrested/?chargers)

POJO_Risin
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM
The problem? Both are fucking idiots.

Would anyone put this past Merriman? Nope?

Would anyone put faking this past that whore? Nope?

One's a fucking nutbag...and the other is an attention whore...

For what it's worth, there were several reports that said there were no noticeable marks that normally would be associated (and there would be with Merriman), and that she seemed completely normal, if not overtly so.

sadaist
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
no noticeable marks(and there would be with Merriman),

lol...yeah. He's a beast. Which is why I need him on my team. But if he IS smacking women around, fuck that, lock his shit up. Not like the Chargers will lose any more SuperBowls over it.;)

POJO_Risin
09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Throw them both in a room...lock it...and never open it up as far as I'm concerned.

Mr Walker
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Trade 'em... quick

POJO_Risin
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm sure Cincinnati is ready to sign him as we speak...

POJO_Risin
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Tila Tequila's charges thrown out...

So let me see if I can get this right...

Merriman dumps her skank, disease-riddled cooch...

and she starts lying...

She's already fucking preparing a civil-suit...

what a fucking cunt...

redblkwht
09-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Tila Tequila's charges thrown out...

So let me see if I can get this right...

Merriman dumps her skank, disease-riddled cooch...

and she starts lying...

She's already fucking preparing a civil-suit...

what a fucking cunt...
The D.A. tossed it im sure she has no grounds, just pissing upwind.
I wish this bitch would just go away, she is trash IMO