PDA

View Full Version : Army members with NFL Sunday Ticket

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Let me start by saying I'm not a cheap bastard.:biggrin:I'm always the first one to pick up the bill. With that said, I noticed Directv is offering free Sunday Ticket to everyone who has Directv service for week one of the NFL. I have had the ticket for eight years and thought I should get a pro-rated discount for week 1. Why should loyal customers pay for seventeen weeks when one of them is free to everybody else? I called them up and after pleading my case, customer service said I can't pro-rate that for you, but I can give you $10 a month discount for six months. I thought you guys might want to save yourself $60.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, while you're doing that, complain that they pulled Versus off DirecTV also, and tell 'em you're considering switching services... They'll give you some more...

POJO_Risin
09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I actually got NFL ticket for free for three years by pulling shit like that...

In year four...they called my bluff...which turned out not to be a bluff...and I dumped Direct TV for DishNetwork...

Hate DishNetwork...but I'm a stubborn motherfucker...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I called them last night complaining about Versus, told them I was gonna drop 'em... So I'm expecting a call from their management with some kind of incentives to stay....

Pens are on Versus 8 times this year, that's 10 fucking percent of the schedule !!

POJO_Risin
09-12-2009, 05:24 PM
It won't take them long to call back...

Just in case...get some prices from local cable...and Dish...

then call them back...if they take too long...make sure you mention Redzone and Sirius radio...;)

sonrisa salvaje
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I had Sunday Ticket for several years and loved it. DTV didn't have my local stations so i switched to Dish and lost Sunday Ticket. I had no idea that Dish didn't offer the NFL package. That was probably one of the dumbest moves i ever made.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, DTV has the exclusive rights for the Sunday Ticket.... And they know it, that's why they can get away with charging $300 for the season....

I could almost get away with not having it as a Steelers fan.... If they're not on Monday, Sunday or Thursday nationally, they're on a local channel here....

But my dumbness is continuing to get the MLB Extra Innings as a Pirates fan.... :ashamed:

ODShowtime
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Wait, so you need Direct TV for Sunday Ticket, but then you can't have versus and all the Hockey fun? That's like not getting NFL Network here is Tampa on cable. Why the Fuck not? How many shitty ass religious or spanish or women's networks are on here that I pay for? Motherfuckers!!! I swear to god if I had a gun with one bullet and I had Tom Brady or one of these cable execs in front of me and could shoot one in the head, I might choose the cable exec. Dirty Motherfuckers. Ok, they at least gave me the Big Ten Network for $4 a month. I guess Tom gets the headshot.