PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the new Beatles remasters yet ?

Panamark
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey, anyone picked up the box set ??
Is it awesome ?? Or otherwise ???

Cato
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I got it. and yes, it's awesome.
clear sound and beautiful artwaok(includes lots unseen photos). this box set makes the old CD's look like garbage.

Cato
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
the only problem is that it's pretty pricy.

Golden AWe
09-13-2009, 12:10 PM
the only problem is that it's pretty pricy.

Has your kitten eaten all your round objects?

yuán

I dislike the idea of buying all the boyband albums too, but I'm interested on the best albums...

Btw, Beatles remixes, the LOVE album was really awesome.

Mr. Vengeance
09-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I didn't think the last remasters of Beatles music was much better than my old vinyl. I'm not rebuying the same music a third time....no matter how good it may sound. Good music is good music, no matter the format.

Master Yoda
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmmmpph. Beatles overrated scam artists they are.

Mr. Vengeance
09-13-2009, 02:32 PM

Hardly overrated.

KISS is leaps and bounds ahead of them as far as packaging old shit for their fans.

Mr Badguy
09-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I got the whole stereo set.

I have to say the sound is amazing.

A whole lot fatter and clearer.

Highly recommended to any music fan of any age or any genre.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

ELVIS
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I hope so, because LOVE sounds like crap...hardly audible bass guitar...

ThrillsNSpills
09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
The sound really is amazing!

If you don't want to get the box set, you can find them individually as well.
I got the 2 past masters discs for $20 so there are deals out there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ovnoau_UVKU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ovnoau_UVKU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

On an unrelated note, if any of you are interested in alternate mixes, someone is loading single lead vocal tracked versions of some Beatles tunes on Youtube.

Hellraiser!!
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey, anyone picked up the box set ??
Is it awesome ?? Or otherwise ???

Probably Von Halen....I read somewhere Von sold a lot of his personal stuff including his soul, all because those remasters!!!

ThrillsNSpills
09-14-2009, 10:41 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnGUGKEpLlI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnGUGKEpLlI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
09-15-2009, 07:04 AM

Overrated Muppets with fists up their arse they are not !

Panamark
09-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Fuckit, Im getting this....

Mushroom
09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
the new Cd's sound great. Once you're enlightened, there's no comparison: play one of the 1987 Cd's and compare to the new version. It's painful to hear the old Cd's. It's like there's a crusty film over the old Cd's. Now the voices are much clearer, the drums and bass are much clearer. the distorted guitars rip, and the soft acoustics are visceral, you can hear all the subtleties. I won't argue the Vinyl vs. Cd because I collect both. But if you're a Beatles fan, $13 is a better deal than $19 for the shit music they try to sell today.

Jack68
09-19-2009, 12:38 PM
the new Cd's sound great. Once you're enlightened, there's no comparison: play one of the 1987 Cd's and compare to the new version. It's painful to hear the old Cd's. It's like there's a crusty film over the old Cd's. Now the voices are much clearer, the drums and bass are much clearer. the distorted guitars rip, and the soft acoustics are visceral, you can hear all the subtleties. I won't argue the Vinyl vs. Cd because I collect both. But if you're a Beatles fan, $13 is a better deal than $19 for the shit music they try to sell today.

Right on couldnt agree more.