PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze dead at 57

fryingdutchman
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I hope he's had the time of his life....

Patrick Swayze, best known for his role in Dirty Dancing, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told that he has just five weeks to live.

Swayze, 55, has been sick with the disease since he was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer. The cancer has since spread to other organs and now the actor/dancer is dying.

For the past month, Swayze has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer.

Swayze received three treatments of chemotherapy, causing the tumor to shrink, but less than his doctors had hoped for. He was then told that he should prepare for the end.

Link: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=39197&cat=2

Dan
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Damn,That's Fucking Bad.:(

Great Actor And Dancer.Love His Movies.

eddie78
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
That is really sad.

Cancer is an incredibly evil disease, basically turning your body against itself.

binnie
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Damn.

Sad news, 55 is no age to die.

Coyote
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Damn.

Sad news, 55 is no age to die.

Can't die 55?

Ugh, what a lame joke... :uck:

Ellyllions
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I can't believe this.
Jeff Healey died just this week guys...

Swayze has born the brunt of many of my jokes over the years, but I won't deny that this is a sad thing to find out. He's been such a large part of my generation's culture that it's hard to not feel sad.

The Outsiders
The North and the South
Donnie Darko
Dirty Dancing
RoadHouse
Next of Kin
Tall Tales
Point Break
The Fox and the Hound 2
Two Wong Foo- Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar
Red Dawn

indeedido
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
National Enquirer quotes this eh? Must be true.

SparkieD
03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
From another reliable source, Perez Hilton:

"Patrick has been at rehearsals for a new cheerleading movie at a Century City studio frequently... and he definitely does not look like he has five more weeks of life left. "I'm not sure of his medical condition, but, if he is gravely ill, he is hiding it very well."

cadaverdog
03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I know pancreatic cancer is not lung cancer but do you think they
could be making some progress towards treating cancer if they
spent the majority of the money they are getting from the additional
taxes levied on cigarettes on cancer research?
The excuse that was used to levy these taxes was cigarettes cause cancer and smokers should pay extra to help research to better treat
cancer.
Then they turn around and use that cash for other purposes .
Like those stupid commercials about the lying bastards that want you to smoke.
Anybody with a double digit I Q knows cigarettes are bad for you.
Who are they informing , the mentaly incompetent?

Bob Brubake
03-05-2008, 05:50 PM
God Speed Mr. Swayze!!

Pancreatic cancer is the worst, he can't get a new one. RIP!!

cadaverdog
03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by indeedido

hideyoursheep
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

fryingdutchman
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by indeedido

Easy there, Hondo....

More mainstream outlets are onto this as well.

Swayze Battling Cancer

Patrick Swayze
Joal Ryan, eonline
5 hours ago
Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer, E! News has confirmed.
The 55-year-old Dirty Dancing star is undergoing aggressive treatment, says a source close to the actor.
Speaking to E! News, Swayze's mother, the dancer and choreographer Patsy Swayze, confirmed that her 55-year-old son was "sick," but downplayed a report in the National Enquirer that the actor had five weeks to live.
"I don't really want to talk about it, but I know he's sick," Patsy Swayze said. "But he has great doctors and a great prognosis and that's all I can say."
The tabloid broke the news of the actor's illness earlier Wednesday.
Despite his diagnosis, Swayze is continuing to work. He was recently cast as a gay cheerleading instructor in Fired Up, a big-screen comedy that began shooting last month.
Bobby Schwartz, a producer on Swayze's previous film, Powder Blue, told E! News: "When we were shooting [last August] the guy looked very young, very healthy, very energetic."
Swayze is best known for a string of hits in the 1980s and 1990s, including Ghost, Point Break and Road House.
Developing story. More to come.
—Additional reporting by Whitney English
© 2008 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All rights reserved., http://www.eonline.com/about/copyright/index.jsp

blonddgirl777
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
More money on research for cures; Cancer, AIDS... as of A.S.A.P.!

Why do we need all that new technology, electronic gadgets and games if we still can't eaven find a way to save our own ass?

Roth & Roll
03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
More money on research for cures; Cancer, AIDS... as of A.S.A.P.!

Why do we need all that new technology, electronic gadgets and games if we still can't eaven find a way to save our own ass?

You're kidding yourself if you think that they don't have the cures for cancer, AIDS, etc. The Pharmaceutical industry realizes that they can milk a lot more money treating people than they can by curing them.

blonddgirl777
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
You're kidding yourself if you think that they don't have the cures for cancer, AIDS, etc. The Pharmaceutical industry realizes that they can milk a lot more money treating people than they can by curing them.

Ho, I know!
I am the one who always think that everything is a conspiracy...

But I am still hoping that some groups of independant Doctors will step forward and face the big, bad giants!

Same theory as the one of the Hybrid cars... I.M.O.

Roth & Roll
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Ho, I know!
I am the one who always think that everything is a conspiracy...

But I am still hoping that some groups of independant Doctors will step forward and face the big, bad giants!

Same theory as the one of the Hybrid cars... I.M.O.

Just like with the hybrid cars; when the people calling the shots are making a very lucrative living by maintaining the status quo; they aren't going to rock the boat and demand changes.

The pharmaceutical industry is probably number 2 behind the oil cartel in regards to corruption and having governments of all levels in their back pockets.

It's no coincidence that they also happen to be the two industries that are also sucking the life out of people.

Don't even get me started on these fuckers. :)

ULTRAMAN VH
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
AHH, Dutchman, my old friend, you watch E!news and read The National Enquirer???? WTF!!!! Alright thats it, hand over the Man Card. Your macho image has been tarnished sir.

blonddgirl777
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
... Don't even get me started on these fuckers. :)

O.K., you and I should get toghether (Under A Hydroponic Lamp) and bitch our heart out!
I'll have a drink for now...

Terry
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Cancer's a bitch. No doubt. People seem to be living longer with it than they used to, but truth be told if I were diagnosed with lung/brain/liver cancer, I think I'd opt for suicide rather than fade away slowly.

Just have one final, year-long blowout (whores, booze, blow, Vegas, etc.) then punch my own ticket out. Beats wasting away to nothing in some overpriced hospital bed.

PHOENIX
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
I can't believe this.
Jeff Healey died just this week guys...

Swayze has born the brunt of many of my jokes over the years, but I won't deny that this is a sad thing to find out. He's been such a large part of my generation's culture that it's hard to not feel sad.

The Outsiders
The North and the South
Donnie Darko
Dirty Dancing
RoadHouse
Next of Kin
Tall Tales
Point Break
The Fox and the Hound 2
Red Dawn

You forgot the movie Youngblood!

ULTRAMAN VH
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Well if this news is true, my sympathies go out to him and his family. Loved the fight scenes in Roadhouse. You can't look back at the eighties without giving some props to Patrick.

LoungeMachine
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
AHH, Dutchman, my old friend, you watch E!news and read The National Enquirer???? WTF!!!! Alright thats it, hand over the Man Card. Your macho image has been tarnished sir.

Says the cartoon super hero poster......

:rolleyes:

Roth & Roll
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
O.K., you and I should get toghether (Under A Hydroponic Lamp) and bitch our heart out!
I'll have a drink for now...

Sounds great; I've always preferred herbal medicine anyway ;)

blonddgirl777
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds great; I've always preferred herbal medicine anyway ;)

Ho me too... and by far!

But you know what?
Canada will NEVER legalize Marijuana for other than medicinal needs...
One of the biggest criminal organization (the Hell's Angels) owns the market! :mad:

Roth & Roll
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Ho me too... and by far!

But you know what?
Canada will NEVER legalize Marijuana for other than medicinal needs...
One of the biggest criminal organization (the Hell's Angels) owns the market! :mad:

Thank God, because if the government were to ever legalize it; they would sell us garbage with no THC in it; and we would pay at least double just because of the damn taxes.

blonddgirl777
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
... garbage with no THC in it...

:eek:
What a nightmare!
:eek:

cadaverdog
03-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Thank God, because if the government were to ever legalize it; they would sell us garbage with no THC in it; and we would pay at least double just because of the damn taxes.

If it was legal we could grow our own.
It will grow in or outdoors.
All it takes is good seeds.
I got six ounces of just bud out of one plant three foot tall.
Grew it in a garden surrounded by tomato plants.
Only problem was the tomato worms got the munchies and
ate all the tomatoes.

bueno bob
03-06-2008, 01:18 AM
They announced it on the radio today, just said that he had cancer and was "responding well" to treatment, so...who knows...?

Sucks either way, to be sure.

cadaverdog
03-06-2008, 01:30 AM

Cancer?
No
Aids?
Magic Johnson has had aids for over 15 years and he's still kicking.
If they had a cure for cancer the would sell you just enough to control
it and keep it from spreading but not quite enough to cure it.
Just like the aids "cocktail"Magic ingests.

bueno bob
03-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Several forms of cancer can be beat with alternative medicine.

Roth & Roll
03-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
If it was legal we could grow our own.
It will grow in or outdoors.
All it takes is good seeds.
I got six ounces of just bud out of one plant three foot tall.
Grew it in a garden surrounded by tomato plants.
Only problem was the tomato worms got the munchies and
ate all the tomatoes.

The government is never going to legalize weed so that you can grow it on your own.

The goverment would only legalize it in order to regulate it and place tariffs on it so that they can generate revenue.

Alcohol is legal too, but the government still regulates it and would throw you in jail in a heartbeat if you were running a still out of your basement.

DavidLeeNatra
03-06-2008, 02:59 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zaxvk0gjGXQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

fryingdutchman
03-06-2008, 06:04 AM

Nice try Officer...but if you read the post properly you would see that the provided link is not from The National Enquirer. The Enquirer is merely cited as a source.

Both stories came from the news homepage of my ISP.

But a good try sleuthing that one out, nonetheless. Your powers of deduction continue to astound.

You must be the pride of your police department.

Now crack open the donuts and comic book on the passenger seat of your cruiser. Someone will certainly blow by you at 10 mph over the limit anytime now.

Say hello to the rest of the gang for me....

http://www.coucoucircus.org/series/images-series/hooker.jpg

ULTRAMAN VH
03-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Nice try Officer...but if you read the post properly you would see that the provided link is not from The National Enquirer. The Enquirer is merely cited as a source.

Both stories came from the news homepage of my ISP.

But a good try sleuthing that one out, nonetheless. Your powers of deduction continue to astound.

You must be the pride of your police department.

Now crack open the donuts and comic book on the passenger seat of your cruiser. Someone will certainly blow by you at 10 mph over the limit anytime now.

Say hello to the rest of the gang for me....

http://www.coucoucircus.org/series/images-series/hooker.jpg

Hey hey hey, easy there, just jokin with ya. Sheesh!!!

ODShowtime
03-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Red Dawn was awesome

Nitro Express
03-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Cancer is wierd. Both my sister and I were diagnosed with it a few years ago. I had my limph nodes removed and went through chemo. Early detection is probably what saved both me and my sister. The funny thing was we both were going through cancer treatment at the same time.

It took it's toll though. I never quite the same afterwards. I get stomach aches I never used to get before and I get real sore and stiff and I never got that way before. I survived cancer but it still takes it out of you.

Nitro Express
03-06-2008, 09:35 AM
I still believe you go when it's time to go. I hope we never get to the point where we can keep ourselves alive forever. My mom who is an old lady in her 80's even said, people our outliving their minds. She said it's more dignified to die with your marbles than to die being out of it and burdon to your family. Sure they can keep a heart beating for a long time but what's the quality of life? Then you get into the legal/ethical questions on when to pull the plug. If I ever end up in Depends is the day the pistol is coming out of closet and I'm doing myself in. :D

Nitro Express
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Nothing percolates the big fuck you more than death. Hey, if I need marajuana to treat my cancer, I'm fucking the law and growing it or buying it on the black market. Hey, go ahead and arrest me. I will let the fucking govt. pay my medical bills while in jail. It's all so stupid.

Nitro Express
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Nothing percolates the big fuck you more than death. Hey, if I need marajuana to treat my cancer, I'm fucking the law and growing it or buying it on the black market. Hey, go ahead and arrest me. I will let the fucking govt. pay my medical bills while in jail. It's all so stupid.

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM

The Outsiders
The North and the South
Donnie Darko
Dirty Dancing
RoadHouse
Next of Kin
Tall Tales
Point Break
The Fox and the Hound 2
Red Dawn

Forget about all of those petty roles...
THIS Elly, is what really got you into Patrick Swayze... admitt it! ;)

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-chippendales-dance-off.html

:p

indeedido
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
What about Youngblood!!! He had to teach Rob Lowe how to fight AND play hockey

bueno bob
03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Screw all those stupid girly-man movies. It's all about Steel Dawn and you all damn well know it.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004WI53.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ellyllions
03-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Forget about all of those petty roles...
THIS Elly, is what really got you into Patrick Swayze... admitt it! ;)

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-chippendales-dance-off.html

:p

BWAHAHAHA! :D
I'd forgotten all about that!

He had nice Richard Marx hair didn't he?

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Well... it's a known fact here, that you and I are not into the Chippendales, waxed body, high waisted, tight pants type (neither is Sparkie)
but one thing for sure...

Watching those hips move, someting tells me that a girl can get her money's worth in bed!

jhale667
03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Well... it's a known fact here, that you and I are not into the Chippendales, waxed body, high waisted, tight pants type (neither is Sparkie)

One of the many reasons we love you gals here :D

but one thing for sure...
Watching those hips move, someting tells me that a girl can get her money's worth in bed!

From Swayze, or Farley? :lol: That is an all-time classic SNL skit...hilarious...

Pancreatic cancer is a bitch. An organ you can't transplant.
My aunt died from it last year. It's also taken people like comedian Bill Hicks from us...sucks. :(

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
... From Swayze, or Farley? :lol:...

Tough choice!
L.O.L.

Seriously (and on a much sadder note), I remember seing a show on Farley soon after he died and one of his family member was explaining how unhappy he was with his physical appearence, among other things...

They said that he had always been the joke of the party (just by being that fat) and he would pretend to laugh about it by playing it off and rediculizing himself (the faces, falling through coffee tables, etc...).

But deep inside, all that stuff made him more sad, his fame and fortune allowed him to get all these drugs but what he really wanted was to be some girl's special/sexy guy. He wished he could have been taken seriously... sometimes, at least.

So I assume that skit must have been terrebly bad for his own self-esteem!

jhale667
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I just remember reading the story of the girl who was the last person to see Farley alive who said the LAST thing he said to her before she left was "Please don't go. I don't want to be alone." :(

Such a tragic figure.

cadaverdog
03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
The government is never going to legalize weed so that you can grow it on your own.

The goverment would only legalize it in order to regulate it and place tariffs on it so that they can generate revenue.

Alcohol is legal too, but the government still regulates it and would throw you in jail in a heartbeat if you were running a still out of your basement.

You can legally brew beer , and make wine , other than regulations
for safety purposes is it illegal to have a still?
The reason they used to bust (and probably still do) moonshiners
was because they were selling the shine and nobody was paying
tax.
If you don't live in a dry county( if they still have those) it might be legal to distill for personal use.
If pot ever did become legal it would probably be legal to grow small amounts for personal use.
You could have a couple plants clip a few buds here and there and
supply your own habit.
I've done it.
But if you get greedy and decide to sell it next thing you know it's
hanging upsided down in your garage or basement.

cadaverdog
03-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Tough choice!
L.O.L.

Seriously (and on a much sadder note), I remember seing a show on Farley soon after he died and one of his family member was explaining how unhappy he was with his physical appearence, among other things...

They said that he had always been the joke of the party (just by being that fat) and he would pretend to laugh about it by playing it off and rediculizing himself (the faces, falling through coffee tables, etc...).

But deep inside, all that stuff made him more sad, his fame and fortune allowed him to get all these drugs but what he really wanted was to be some girl's special/sexy guy. He wished he could have been taken seriously... sometimes, at least.

I thought Chric Farley was funny as fuck .
The motivational speaker character was a classic.
"I live in a van , down by the RIVER)"
And so was Belushi before him.
But just like the people who insist they didn't know that cigarettes
are bad for you.
Anybody with a double digit I Q knows you stick a needle in your
arm , you might die.
Even if the dope itself doesn't do it , a dirty needle , or an improper
technique might do you in.
Even fat guys (especially rich fat guys) can find love.
And real friends treat you the way you treat them regarless of
your weight , height , income level.
With all his cash if he felt inferior due to his weight he had numerous
options to lose weight.
He might not have been as popular if he was of somewhat normal
size , but he probably already had enough cash to live very
comfortably for the rest of his life.
He wasn't a victim other than being a victim of bad choices.

cadaverdog
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Swayze is lucky in one way.
He has cash.
The average Joe couldn't afford anything more than their
insurance provides.
And if you don't have insurance BEFORE you are diagnosed
not only are you doomed but you're gonna die broke unless
you die quick.
And their will be plenty of people with their hand out to get
money from your estate whether insurance or welfare already
paid them.
My mother died of cancer and she had good insurance .
She was retired from a local school district with over 25 years
of service.
Unfortunatly she had only accidental life insurance , and only a
small death benifit from her retirement benefits.
So I had to pay for most of her funeral.
Now creditors (mostly associated with her final days) keep
hounding me for payment.
Fucking ghouls.

WARF
03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Swayze is lucky in one way.
He has cash.
The average Joe couldn't afford anything more than their
insurance provides.
And if you don't have insurance BEFORE you are diagnosed
not only are you doomed but you're gonna die broke unless
you die quick.
And their will be plenty of people with their hand out to get
money from your estate whether insurance or welfare already
paid them.
My mother died of cancer and she had good insurance .
She was retired from a local school district with over 25 years
of service.
Unfortunatly she had only accidental life insurance , and only a
small death benifit from her retirement benefits.
So I had to pay for most of her funeral.
Now creditors (mostly associated with her final days) keep
hounding me for payment.
Fucking ghouls.

http://www.scenepolice.de/shut%20the%20fuck%20up.jpg

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 09:52 PM
... He wasn't a victim other than being a victim of bad choices.

To a certain extend, maybe but looking back in the history of comedy... none of the token fat guys found the joke to be funny, in the end!

Ellyllions
03-08-2008, 08:43 AM
BG, on your comment about the hip movement? True dat.
But poor Swayze has that Cro-Magnon man skull shape. He's never appealed to me.

I have to laugh at Cadaverdog's comments about Farley.

You poor dear, spending your life believing that true happiness and the reason for it revolves around how much money one has. To me, that says more about your character than any of the useless bullshit that you've posted in this whole forum to date.

cadaverdog
03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
BG, on your comment about the hip movement? True dat.
But poor Swayze has that Cro-Magnon man skull shape. He's never appealed to me.

I have to laugh at Cadaverdog's comments about Farley.

You poor dear, spending your life believing that true happiness and the reason for it revolves around how much money one has. To me, that says more about your character than any of the useless bullshit that you've posted in this whole forum to date.

I think you misunderstood.
Someone else said something relating to him wanting to be someones special/sexy guy .
And I said fat guys (especially rich fat guys) find love, too.
Just because he was overweight doesn't exempt him from
being responsible for his own actions.
Instead of shooting up dope , he should have been looking
for his special someone.
The old cadaverdog would make some reply about your "useless
bullshit" comment but not know .
Everyone has their opinion.

blonddgirl777
03-08-2008, 10:07 PM
... Instead of shooting up dope , he should have been looking
for his special someone...

Yes, in a perfect world, EVERYBODY should be doing all the "important stuff"... everything, except shooting up dope. Of course!

But sadly, reallity is that there are a lot of people with mental hilness. Addictions to drugs and alchool are 2 problems that relate to that. Mental hilness hits people at every level of society and rich people are not immuned to that, just because of the amount of money that own...

Sure, with money you can get treatments but as far as what goes on deep inside someone's mind, recovery has to come from within, and that can be the toughest thing to acheive for someone who's sick. Nobody (no perfect wife or husband) and certainly not a lump sum of dough can cure anything if a person has entered such a tragic swirl of tourments.

As far as Farley, he knew too damn well that his physical appearence is what got him there in the first place... Now matter how lucrative this can get, when the joke's on you, you might not laugh as much as everyonelse!

jhale667
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM

To quote Dave "Money can't buy you happiness, but it WILL buy you a yacht you can park right next to it..." ;)

Now that you mention it, Elly, Swayze always did kinda have that unfrozen caveman thing going on...:lol:

Saw the cover of the Inquirer in line at the Supermarket today, and he DOES look like death on a stick, though, poor dude...:(

blonddgirl777
03-08-2008, 10:14 PM
...Now that you mention it, Elly, Swayze always did kinda have that unfrozen caveman thing going on...:lol:...

Funny, all I could ever notice on thet guy's head was a Mullet!

jhale667
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
As far as Farley, he knew too damn well that his physical appearence is what got him there in the first place... Now matter how lucrative this can get, when the joke's on you, you might not laugh as much as everyonelse!

Exactly. And once he got there, as insecure as he was (supposedly), I'd venture to guess he feared if he LOST weight people would lose INTEREST...

No amount of money will erase the trauma of an F*ed up childhood, or insecurity/self-esteem issues, PTSD, whatever...
(though it will buy you better therapy for it, I imagine)...
If you're not happy - with yourself, you never wil be... period.

blonddgirl777
03-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Exactly. And once he got there, as insecure as he was (supposedly), I'd venture to guess he feared if he LOST weight people would lose INTEREST...

SNL and all of the other comedy shows that are based on that same formula (eaven the French ones here) have the habitt of using a token fat guy, a token black guy, a token blonde etc...

If he was not gonna be beaking glass tables with his head anymore, he would have been thrown out!

I remember my husband laughing his ass off at Farley's jokes (although his stuff was more physical)... And I remember thinking "well... it's not THAT funny to see this sweatty, red faced guy do the clown, just like an innocent child!

And it is also a known fact that money can be just addictive as any substance...

Dan
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxOK_g_kMxU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxOK_g_kMxU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This Is Fucking Great.:)

cadaverdog
03-09-2008, 01:20 AM
All the speculation about Chris Farley might be all wrong.
Maybe he liked the heroin buzz and simply took too much.
A lot of people want you to beleive the only reason people drink , do dope , even over eat is based on low self esteem .
Did you ever think maybe they just enjoy these things?
I didn't light up a doobie because I was depressed.
I liked the buzz.
I don't order up a pitcher of margies because I think my life sucks.
I like margies , I like the taste , I like the buzz.
Same with peperoni pizza , fried chicken , doritos , whatever.

jhale667
03-09-2008, 01:44 AM

Did you ever think maybe they just enjoy these things?
I didn't light up a doobie because I was depressed.
I liked the buzz.

Yeah, but there's a difference between a few puffs here and there and an 1/8th (or whatever) a day habit...
or regularly doing anything (and in some people's cases, everyTHING) until you're bloated, incoherent or DEAD...:rolleyes:

Though it's waaaaay easier to accidentally O.D. on something like heroin or coke...
it's pretty much been proven impossible to O.D. on marijuana...it's like a 40,000 X 1 intoxication ratio or something like that...
Which is why weed wins. ;)

Never understood the heroin thing...sure, SUPPOSEDLY (wouldn't know, won't go near the shit) once you get past the puking/shitting phase it's a great high....
But why would you wanna get hooked on something you're SICK without? Or even to the point where you'd STEAL somebody's shit? :confused:

Addiction is a whole 'nother thread, though...:rolleyes:

ULTRAMAN VH
03-09-2008, 08:52 AM

No amount of money will erase the trauma of an F*ed up childhood, or insecurity/self-esteem issues, PTSD, whatever...
(though it will buy you better therapy for it, I imagine)...
If you're not happy - with yourself, you never wil be... period.

Very well said, Mr. President!! If I ever decided to bring a child into this crazy world, I would do my damndest to instill confidence and positive self esteem. Not arrogance though, there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance

cadaverdog
03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but there's a difference between a few puffs here and there and an 1/8th (or whatever) a day habit...
or regularly doing anything (and in some people's cases, everyTHING) until you're bloated, incoherent or DEAD...:rolleyes:

Though it's waaaaay easier to accidentally O.D. on something like heroin or coke...
it's pretty much been proven impossible to O.D. on marijuana...it's like a 40,000 X 1 intoxication ratio or something like that...
Which is why weed wins. ;)

Never understood the heroin thing...sure, SUPPOSEDLY (wouldn't know, won't go near the shit) once you get past the puking/shitting phase it's a great high....
But why would you wanna get hooked on something you're SICK without? Or even to the point where you'd STEAL somebody's shit? :confused:

Addiction is a whole 'nother thread, though...:rolleyes:

I don't know if you know any more than I do about heroin but I was
under the assumption that there is such a thing as casual heroin
use.
Is it a fact that Farley had a "habit"?
Or was he just expiramenting ?
I knew a guy that liked heroin but only used occasionaly(probably
misspelled).
I haven't heard a detailed explanation of the facts about how
Farley died other than it was heroin (maybe"speedball") related.
Was it a self esteem issue (his drug use)or did he just like catching
a good buzz and just went too far.
I fucked up and took some pills that my buddy claimed were
basically harmless unless you took too many or drank too much
booze with them .
Took them , couldn't stop dry heaving , found out they were
for epilepsy and if you took them and didn't have epilepsy
they could cause you to have a seizure.
I was choking on my own tounge.
I was lucky to be alive .
But it was just stupidity , I didn't deep down want to die.
Or did i have any self esteem issues.
Just wanted to catch a buzz.

Matt White
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
terrible actor.....

sad news...none the less....

jhale667
03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Very well said, Mr. President!! If I ever decided to bring a child into this crazy world, I would do my damndest to instill confidence and positive self esteem. Not arrogance though, there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance

Thank you, Mr. V.P...and I would agree. If I am ever lucky enough to decide to reproduce with someone
(There are people who are....worried...that I might.:rolleyes: ) I would try to do the same.
As Mom always says "There's a difference between being conceited and being convinced". ;)
A good mother (or father) can say some profound shit to you at the right time, and hopefully instill you with the right amount of self-esteem to stay on the right path...

Baby's On Fire
03-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Everyone remember Patrick Swayze is a 3-pack-a-day smoker, and smoking is the primary cause of pancreatic cancer as per a CNN report.

So I wish him the best....but he brought it on himself. All you smokers should take a lesson and quit NOW.

Steve Savicki
03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
terrible actor.....
So what was his biggest film?

fryingdutchman
07-21-2009, 05:42 AM
BUMP!!

Given the incredible rash of celebrity deaths recently, I figured it was time to resurrect this thread.

I started it back in March of '08, and my money is on Swayze being the next to go.

Your thoughts?

bueno bob
07-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Based on what he looks like now, I certainly wouldn't doubt it...the guy's knocking on the door for sure...

Very sad.

Diamondjimi
07-22-2009, 01:59 AM
BUMP!!

Given the incredible rash of celebrity deaths recently, I figured it was time to resurrect this thread.

I started it back in March of '08, and my money is on Swayze being the next to go.

Your thoughts?

Gotta agree with ya there. The guys in bad shape. He's been keeping a very low profile these days. I'd say he's down for the count...

FORD
07-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Not sure if he still lives around here or not. He was calling Olympia his hometown for a while, and I'm pretty sure I knew where his house was . On the water. Lots of fenced in acres for horses, etc. People here respected his privacy, as far as I know, and he's said as much in interviews.

sadaist
07-22-2009, 03:32 AM
So what was his biggest film?

Ghost or Dirty Dancing. Although he was cool in Roadhouse, The Outsiders and Point Break. Red Dawn is an old gem too.

ELVIS
07-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Who cares...the man is dying of an incurable cancer...

letsrock
07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Whats the latest?

sadaist
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Whats the latest?

Patrick & his wife released a photo of the two of them sitting together outside to show that he was NOT dying as some reports have it. He does look very thin, but still smiling and still has some color to him.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Patrick Swayze has not suffered a heart attack, contrary to a tabloid report, a rep for the star told Access Hollywood on Wednesday.

In fact, the rep told Access that Patrick, who is battling pancreatic cancer, has been feeling better.

“He’s well,” the rep said. “He’s continuing his treatment and doing very well, actually. Contrary to reports, he did not suffer a heart attack and has even gained a little weight.”

Patrick most recently starred in A&E drama “The Beast,” which will not return for a second season after drawing about 1.3 million viewers per episode.

The actor announced he was battling cancer in March 2008.

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.

Rep: Patrick Swayze ‘Doing Very Well’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos (http://www.accesshollywood.com/rep-patrick-swayze-doing-very-well_article_20873)

Diamondjimi
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Who cares...the man is dying of an incurable cancer...

Hmm...

And you call yourself a good Christian? :rolleyes:

Havin a bad day ,Dude?

fryingdutchman
09-14-2009, 08:22 PM
OK...I know there's another Swayze "death watch" thread on here, because I started it back in March '08.

But I felt like starting a new one now that he's officially kicked the bucket.

Mods...merge the threads if you like, or do whatever you please.

Anyway...R.I.P. Patrick. You were a hell of a dancer, and a marginal actor.

"Red Dawn" kicked ass!

May flights of angels sing you to your rest.

Little Texan
09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Roadhouse was my favorite movie of his, and probably the best movie he ever did.

RIP

Kristy
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
"Nobody puts baby in a corner!"

Classic.

Igosplut
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
After experiencing it, pancreatic cancer is a absolutely dreadful way to go.

He last a lot longer than most. I'm not sure that's a good thing though..

kwame k
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
RIP Patrick!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgEVUWIwNLw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgEVUWIwNLw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fairwrning
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I named my daughter after the Lori Petty character in "Point Break"..

"Sorry Johnny..you dont get to be president"

Diamondjimi
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
R.I.P.

57, is far too young to die.
It's a shame that there will never be a cure for cancer for the suffering masses. Unfortunately there's no money in curing. Keep on treating problems, there's more money in it...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I believe only myself and PMark can merge threads, so there ya go....

Anonymous
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I never was a big fan of the guy, in fact I mostly hated his films, thought they were kinda gay. But I have to say he did a pretty good job on Donnie Darko.

RIP Patrick... yeah, 57 is just too damn young...

Cheers! :bottle:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
As someone said on Twitter tonight, Patrick and Chris are taking their shirts off as we speak....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
I never was a big fan of the guy, in fact I mostly hated his films, thought they were kinda gay. But I have to say he did a pretty good job on Donnie Darko.

RIP Patrick... yeah, 57 is just too damn young...

Well, his death is another stark reminder for men of our ages to get screened for prostate cancer....

High Life Man
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Read the Chris Farley Show by his brother. A very funny and awful sad story.

If I remember right, they wanted Chris to win that skit, but they decided against that, and it really bothered Farley.

Also, I can't remember if it was Tim Meadows or Norm MacDonald, but whoever wrote it still feels horribly guilty for writing that skit to this day.

POJO_Risin
09-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Wolverines!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Wolverines!!!!

Yup, Red Dawn, another great flick...

thome
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I actually liked, Next of Kin the best of the Swayze flicks, country folk sticking it HARD to the city fellers that wronged their brother.

Swayze's acting wasn't all forced and "pretty boy" wasn't the featured lead tone, on the script.

He was a cool cat.

R.I.P.

Anonymous
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, his death is another stark reminder for men of our ages to get screened for prostate cancer....

Oi, oi, oi... men YOUR age. :biggrin: Let's not get confused here. ;)

Yeah, anyway, I heard you don't need to have stuff up your arse anymore, so there's no reason to delay the inevitable anymore. A simple blood sample will suffice.

I'm sure alot of people will cry over this, though.

Fairwrning
09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Blood sample..now thats a relief

standin
09-14-2009, 11:48 PM
That was a hard exit. Take care, Mr. Swayze.
Roadhouse is one of my favorite all time movies.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/366456457_ff9035a923_m.jpg

sadaist
09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Fucking lame. I really liked him. Just saw Red Dawn a few weeks ago, and oddly he was in a MASH episode two nights ago where they find out he has Leukemia. So sad.:(

DavidLeeNatra
09-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Fuck...he seemed to be a cool guy...and he was a brave fighter!

R.I.P.

Panamark
09-15-2009, 02:53 AM

Totally ! My Dad got PC at an early age so I was informed I had a 90&#37;
chance of getting it even earlier.. Been screening my PSA since 38 years
old. Hit the big 4-0 and the readings went up. Good news is as soon
as it was there, we got it. Due to the really early detection I had
options available that didnt involve having things removed from my body.
Happy to say its all working very well so far, no side effects and all
the important stuff still stands and delivers !

Cant say the whole experience was enjoyable, (Fingers up the ass,
cameras up the coch, biopsies up the ass) But you can opt to
be knocked out by request. (Except for the finger up the ass thing !!)

If you are 40, or over take it from me, its worth checking, in fact the
first check is a simple blood test, if that comes back normal you
dont need the finger up yer bum... In Oz 1 in 4 men in their 40's already
have it, if you live long enough you will have it.

The great news is there are so many options now, particularly in
the USA.. I was seriously considering photon therapy at Linda Lomu
in Cali, all thats involved with that was literally laying on a bed
for 5 minutes a day for a few weeks. Photon beams can be intensified
at any location, so they can just intensify it at the cancer site causing
no damage at all to surrounding organs...

As for pancreatic cancer. That and liver cancer are probably the worst
I can imagine. Most others can be treated sucessfully if detected early.

Panamark
09-15-2009, 02:56 AM
RIP Mr Swayze ... He outlived the expiry date they gave him,
in a more peaceful place now.

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM

Actually most of his films were a reminder... :)

THEDOCTOR
09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Damn ....RIP Patrick!
Lets hope he went right into the light instead of hanging around Whoopi's house yelling in her ear to deliver messages to his loved ones

ELVIS
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
rediculizing himself

So is rediculizing one's self...

:elvis:

Mr Walker
09-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it safe to put Baby in a corner now?

Igosplut
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Pancreatic, not prostate..

Thank Christ they have a blood test for it now.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Pancreatic, not prostate..

Thank Christ they have a blood test for it now.

Yeah, I realized that after I logged off last night....

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Pancreatic is one of the absolute worst, he did well to survive as long as he did.

Panamark
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes but all you cancer experts who have not
gone through it, raisinig awareness of one cancer
from another is not a bad thing...

For men, get your blood tests, not scary at all !

Of course then theres the colon powell-scopy !!!

We all should be getting the basic checks, no matter
what cancer it is....

Baby's On Fire
09-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Or better yet. DON'T SMOKE

You don't "get" pancreatic cancer. You "earn it" froim heavy smoking and drinking.

Swayze smoked 3 packs a day.....that's why he got the cancer.

Not that I wish it on him, just saying it doesn't happen all by itself

chefcraig
09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I'll be digging out my copy of this tonight, one of the coolest films ever.

"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

RIP, Bodhi.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1379/pointbreake.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/pointbreake.jpg/)

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Or better yet. DON'T SMOKE

You don't "get" pancreatic cancer. You "earn it" froim heavy smoking and drinking.

Swayze smoked 3 packs a day.....that's why he got the cancer.

Not that I wish it on him, just saying it doesn't happen all by itself

That's not completely true.

His smoking greatly increased his chances of getting pancreatic cancer but it didn't even double his chances never mind definitely cause it. He just weighted the odds against himself a bit.

These things are a lottery, there are plenty of people that don't smoke or drink and die of pancreatic or lung cancer.

Nickdfresh
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I'll be digging out my copy of this tonight, one of the coolest films ever.

"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

RIP, Bodhi.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1379/pointbreake.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/pointbreake.jpg/)

Prolly my favorite Swayze film, Red Dawn is a close second...

Baby's On Fire
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
That's not completely true.

His smoking greatly increased his chances of getting pancreatic cancer but it didn't even double his chances never mind definitely cause it. He just weighted the odds against himself a bit.

These things are a lottery, there are plenty of people that don't smoke or drink and die of pancreatic or lung cancer.

True dat. But smoking is the biggest risk factor, followed by heavy drinking. Pancreatic cancer is very rare, but most cases are with people who smoke and drink.

Swayze seemed like a real down to earth and modest guy......and he faced it with balls, that's for sure.

letsrock
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Good actor, and a great man, he will be missed.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Risk Factors For Pancreas Cancer (http://pathology.jhu.edu/pc/BasicRisk.php?area=ba)

What are risk factors for pancreatic cancer?

There are some factors which can increase the risk of acquiring the genetic mutations that may potentially result in pancreatic cancer. These risk factors are outlined in the table below. You will notice that coffee and alcohol are not listed. Currently there is not strong evidence to suggest that consumption of either substance will increase your risk for developing cancer of the pancreas.

1.Cigarette smoking
Cigarette smoke contains a large number of carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals). Therefore, it is not surprising that cigarette smoking is one of the biggest risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer. For example, smoking during college has been associated with a 2-3 fold increased risk of pancreatic cancer.

2.Age
The risk of developing pancreatic cancer increases with age. Over 80&#37; of the cases develop between the ages of 60 and 80.

3.Race
Studies in the United States have shown that pancreatic cancer is more common in the African-American population than it is in the white population. Some of this increased risk may be due to socioeconomic factors and to cigarette smoking.

4.Gender
Cancer of the pancreas is more common in men than in women. This may be, in part, because men are more likely to smoke than women.

5.Religious Background
Pancreatic cancer is proportionally more common in Jews than the rest of the population. This may be because of a particular inherited mutation in the breast cancer gene (BRCA2) which runs in some Jewish families.

6.Chronic pancreatitis
Long-term inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) has been linked to cancer of the pancreas. The reason for this association is not clear, but it is greatest in patients with inherited chronic pancreatitis.

7.Diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus (also known as sugar diabetes) is a disease in which the body does not produce adequate amounts of insulin. Insulin is a hormone normally made by the pancreas. Insulin helps the body convert sugars and starches into energy (see American Diabetes Association Home Page (http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp)). Diabetes has been linked to pancreatic cancer. Diabetes appears to be both a symptom of pancreatic cancer, and long-standing adult-onset diabetes may also increase the risk of developing pancreatic cancer. Recent studies have shown that 1% of patients diagnosed with diabetes after the age of 50 years will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer within 3 years of their diagnosis of diabetes (Link here to PubMed- Probability of pancreatic cancer following diabetes: a population-based study.Gastroenterology. 2005 Aug;129(2):504-11. PMID: 16083707 ). Although prelimminary, studies such as these suggest that new onset diabetes in a person over the age of 50 may be an early warning sign of pancreatic cancer.

8.Peptic ulcer surgery
Patients who have had a portion of their stomach removed (partial gastrectomy) appear to have an increased risk for developing pancreatic cancer.

9.Diet
Diets high in meats, cholesterol fried foods and nitrosamines may increase the risk, while diets high in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer.

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Smoking increases your chances of getting it by 75&#37; or so. That sounds like a lot but it's quite a rare disease so by smoking you maybe give yourself an extra 1% chance of dying young from this. So perhaps not as bad as riding a motorcycle but worse than flying a lot in commercial planes.

So for every 2 people getting it because they smoked there is 1 person getting it who didn't. If you think that only 1 in 3 people smoke these days then that means if you take 10 people with pancreatic cancer, you will have as many non smokers as smokers because although smokers are more likely to get it than non smokers, there are twice as many people in the population who don't smoke.

The way to look at the whole smoking thing is that it has a 50% chance of shortening your life. One if the ways it does this is by giving you a 10% chance of getting lung cancer which if you get it will almost definitely kill you within 10 years. It's also important to know that smoking is exponential dangerous so that smoking 3 packs a day is much more dangerous than smoking half a pack.

There are all sorts of stats like that which the government thinks people are too stupid to be told. If you smoke I would recommend you go and look out the figures and then see if it's a risk you want to take - you may well decide it is. But like most health information shit as with the anti drugs crap I think the 'Just say no treat people like retards shit' makes people ignore the message.

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
True dat. But smoking is the biggest risk factor, followed by heavy drinking. Pancreatic cancer is very rare, but most cases are with people who smoke and drink.

Swayze seemed like a real down to earth and modest guy......and he faced it with balls, that's for sure.

The 2 common and natural human traits you see at funerals especially for deaths of the under 60s are.

a) Find some reason for the death

b) More importantly, find why a) doesn't apply to you.

Typical examples are e.g.

"I always said riding a bike is dangerous"

"Ahhh he never did the advanced bike riding course"

"I've never been mountain climbing and I never will"

"They had a family history of it"

The best of these is of course

"Ahh he smoked" which makes 2/3rds of people feel better about any medical death.

Which may be modified to

"Ahh he never smoked Lights" if required in an emergency by a smoker. :)

Without all these tricks we're forced to face the appalling randomness of disease and death and might end up hiding under our beds.

Seshmeister
09-15-2009, 11:56 PM
"Nobody puts baby in a corner!"

Classic.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7S-sKWZD9c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7S-sKWZD9c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ELVIS
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Kinda like life just randomly occurred and is continually evolving on this planet, eh ??

Seshmeister
09-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Exactly, now you are getting it.

Dr. Love
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
http://imgur.com/h9Guq.png

Hardrock69
09-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Man this sucks. Watched the Baba Wawa interview they did last year this evening.

That is one actor for whom I have NEVER heard a bad word said.

And damn, he was married for 34 years to the same woman!

I sure hope he is in a better place now.

RIP

Anonymous
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Kinda like life just randomly occurred and is continually evolving on this planet, eh ??

Oi, who stole Elvis account???

This post makes a HELLUVA lot of sense.

I'm in shock! Elvis, look at you! You're all grown up!

Of course, I refuse to believe that sarcasm was anywhere nearly involved in your post.

I'll buy the first, second & third rounds.

Baby's On Fire
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Smoking increases your chances of getting it by 75% or so. That sounds like a lot but it's quite a rare disease so by smoking you maybe give yourself an extra 1% chance of dying young from this. So perhaps not as bad as riding a motorcycle but worse than flying a lot in commercial planes.

So for every 2 people getting it because they smoked there is 1 person getting it who didn't. If you think that only 1 in 3 people smoke these days then that means if you take 10 people with pancreatic cancer, you will have as many non smokers as smokers because although smokers are more likely to get it than non smokers, there are twice as many people in the population who don't smoke.

The way to look at the whole smoking thing is that it has a 50% chance of shortening your life. One if the ways it does this is by giving you a 10% chance of getting lung cancer which if you get it will almost definitely kill you within 10 years. It's also important to know that smoking is exponential dangerous so that smoking 3 packs a day is much more dangerous than smoking half a pack.

There are all sorts of stats like that which the government thinks people are too stupid to be told. If you smoke I would recommend you go and look out the figures and then see if it's a risk you want to take - you may well decide it is. But like most health information shit as with the anti drugs crap I think the 'Just say no treat people like retards shit' makes people ignore the message.

Smoking kills on many levels...cancer...heart disease....brain disease.....combined with poor diet and environmental factors is THE CAUSE of all premature mortality..Sesh your stats are fucked. Smoking kills WAY MORE than non-smokers.....Bullshit about equal numbers of smokers vs. non-smokers getting pancreatic cancer...Cancer (all types) is 99% avoidable. It is a disease of the industrial age and is non-existant in nature and pre-industrialization. It is easily avoidable with some knowledge and discipline...Buy, read and follow the principles in "YOU CAN PREVENT CANCER" by Dr. Michael Colgan...one of my gurus.....read it....read the scientific references...and follow it in good health...and you will be cancer-free for life.

Don't say I never did anything for you;)

Dr. Love
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
http://q.bearsaresmart.com/b/or/bearsaresmart_com_2020_7d74.jpg

GAR
09-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Dr Love, you are the hottest..

Seshmeister
09-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Smoking kills on many levels...cancer...heart disease....brain disease.....combined with poor diet and environmental factors is THE CAUSE of all premature mortality..Sesh your stats are fucked. Smoking kills WAY MORE than non-smokers.....Bullshit about equal numbers of smokers vs. non-smokers getting pancreatic cancer...Cancer (all types) is 99&#37; avoidable. It is a disease of the industrial age and is non-existant in nature and pre-industrialization. It is easily avoidable with some knowledge and discipline...Buy, read and follow the principles in "YOU CAN PREVENT CANCER" by Dr. Michael Colgan...one of my gurus.....read it....read the scientific references...and follow it in good health...and you will be cancer-free for life.

Don't say I never did anything for you;)

If you live long enough you will die of cancer.

The hippie nutritionist thing may slightly improve your chances in the lottery but anyone that claims that you can avoid 99% through antioxidants and free radicals and so on is blowing smoke up your ass.

If you want to follow these lifestyle nutritionists then that's fine but be aware that most of it is effectively a faith based religion with some bad science thrown in to confuse the issue.

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/6674382/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280

Cheers!

:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-17-2009, 08:35 AM

The hippie nutritionist thing may slightly improve your chances in the lottery but anyone that claims that you can avoid 99% through antioxidants and free radicals and so on is blowing smoke up your ass.

If you want to follow these lifestyle nutritionists then that's fine but be aware that most of it is effectively a faith based religion with some bad science thrown in to confuse the issue.

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/6674382/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280

Cheers!

I hear ya Sesh, but I think we can also all agree with one statement:

Don't fucking smoke.....

Seshmeister
09-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey I gave up over a year ago but I wouldn't preach on it because that would make me a hypocrite just like anyone else who has ever done anything that could be harmful to their body.

And quite frankly I have no interest in talking to anyone that hasn't. :)

Bob_R
09-17-2009, 08:46 AM
RIP Patrick.

Panamark
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey I gave up over a year ago but I wouldn't preach on it because that would make me a hypocrite just like anyone else who has ever done anything that could be harmful to their body.

And quite frankly I have no interest in talking to anyone that hasn't. :)

I gave up everything except the booze..... There must be one
thing we can enjoy ?? (getting close to 15 years without the smokes)
used to be several packets a day...

Anonymous
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I gave up everything except the booze..... There must be one
thing we can enjoy ?? (getting close to 15 years without the smokes)
used to be several packets a day...

Exactly, exactly. One must have at least ONE vice.

And just look at history. Some civilizations smoked, some didn't. Some had hallucinogenis, others didn't. Some had chocolate, cofee, while others had none of that.

But ALL OF THEM, and I do mean ALL had BOOZE.

Now, if that's not a sign of the Gods, what is?

I smoked, did drugs, nothing works for me. Just booze, though I can't enjoy it as much as I used to. Me liver isn't 100&#37; anymore. Wonder why?

Oh, and if Sesh says he doesn't have ANY vice, I believe him. See, he's from Scotchland.

They don't consider booze a vice. :lol:

Seshmeister
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Exactly.

I was saying that who wants to talk to someone who never had any vices.

Baby's On Fire won't live forever, it will just seem that long. :)

Anonymous
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
To us or to him?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM

Cheers!

Sesh you are wrong, wrong, wrong. Educate yourself before talking shit you don't know. Cancer is 100 percent a disease of the industrial age......it never existed in nature before humans came along and fucked up the land, air and water. Plain and simple.

If you understand how cancer begins you would understand this. Cancer doesn't just happen all by itself.

Try and actually read the science, which includes the New England Journal of Medicine which is the Holy Testament of the medical profession.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Exactly.

I was saying that who wants to talk to someone who never had any vices.

Baby's On Fire won't live forever, it will just seem that long. :)

I sure as fuck will never get cancer...I'll visit you in the cancer ward some day and say "I told you so...."

Seshmeister
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Before the industrial age people didn't live long enough to get cancer.

Nickdfresh
09-17-2009, 11:19 PM
I sure as fuck will never get cancer...I'll visit you in the cancer ward some day and say "I told you so...."

You'll get hit by a car after walking out.

That's Karma's way of saying I told you so, and fuck you too!

Panamark
09-18-2009, 02:57 AM
After my little episode, I did a lot of reading on this subject.
Lot of support for preservatives in food (especially the sulphites)
being just as bad as smoking and grog in increasing your
chances with cancer... Kinda scary I think (unless you are living
out of your own fresh garden and kill your own meat) all of
us would be getting a healthy dose of these preservatives daily...

And that aint got shit to do with how drunk you get every
day ! :)

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Smoking increases your chances of getting it by 75% or so. That sounds like a lot but it's quite a rare disease so by smoking you maybe give yourself an extra 1% chance of dying young from this. So perhaps not as bad as riding a motorcycle but worse than flying a lot in commercial planes.

Uh... is any single number you just posted actually based on data? Or did you just pull that whole post out of your ass? :umm:

Smoking kills, jackass.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 09:03 AM
It's all based on data and did say that smoking could kill jackass.

Panamark
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Thankgod Im not a jackass !

thome
09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Being ALIVE is what KILLS you TWATZZ!

SHUT THE FUUK UP with your opinions and DATA!!
Just shove your OP of -WHAT- kills you up your ass.

I can Guarantee and if you stand against a brick wall and a bus drives into you you will also die....

BRICK WALLS KILL!

It's not the fact that you are able to be killed by your definition, to be alive.

SmO'ke up bitchez --Noone-- gets out of here alive.

....and who was tha assmunch who mentioned Cancer is a creation of the industrial age -Extra Fukk U-.

Narrow minded Douche Nozzle!...

The only thing new under the sun is your pretentious ego...kiss my ass...

thome comes out swinging, any takers.... who want to dick-up some more of the Swayze thread...?

With half truths out your ass ....?

ThrillsNSpills
09-18-2009, 09:55 AM
If your body is alkalized , you won't get cancer.

Stress, toxins in the body, and lack of nutrition are the causes.

and electromagnetic chaos from sitting in front of computers trying to reason with baboons.

if there was a God he would have spent more time working on humans.

oh, and fuck the medical profession

who you'll be doing business with if you don't want to or are too dumb to process the first sentence of this condescending post.

Panamark
09-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Can I still drink alcohol and be alkalized, T'n'S ???

ThrillsNSpills
09-18-2009, 10:20 AM

as long as it isn't domestic American "beer" like Budweiser. :)

the common denominator of the people who recover are the ones who take whole food suppliments and juice organic fruit and vegetable juice and do cleanses.

Alkalize For Health - Stop The Cancer Epidemic! (http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/)

The body can heal itself if you give it what it requires.

And Swayze died from conventional cancer treatments, not cancer.
The media is intentionally misleading.

Cancer is big business so don't look for any of this on the news.

ThrillsNSpills
09-18-2009, 10:24 AM

of course you could brew your own and use organic ingredients.

Panamark
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
I drink Oz wines and Beer, but also a glass a day of the most powerful antioxidant
I can find... Look up Dr Red.. Their Blueberry Punch and Tea have medical trial
backups.... good stuff !

Igosplut
09-18-2009, 10:53 AM
and electromagnetic chaos from sitting in front of computers trying to reason with baboons.

ZING!

We're ALL gonna die!!!!

ThrillsNSpills
09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Dr. Johanna Budwig, who was a Nobel nominee seven times, discovered that healthy people had a higher level of Omega 3 oils in their blood than did sick people, and that increasing the Omega 3 level would bring about healing of disease, including cancer. She found that flax seeds offer the richest source of Omega 3 oil.

She treated her patients by giving them high quality flax seed oil combined a high protein food source. Yogurt, cottage cheese, soy or rice milk, or skim milk may be used. The protein allows the oil to become water soluble so it can enter the body and do it's job of removing debris and dissolving tumors.

Treating Cancer With Flax Seed Oil! (http://www.healthrecipes.com/flax.htm)

See that? That's just one thing. If you go to an oncologist do you think he's gonna say I just heard of flax and Omega 3s?
Show it to the ladies.
Save them titties.
:bouncing-boobs:

ThrillsNSpills
09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
http://the-feeding-tube.com/media/1/20090325-marisa-miller-topless-4.jpg

save 'em.

:happy0158:

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 02:17 PM
It's all based on data and did say that smoking could kill jackass.

You want to give a source for every number you pull out of your ass?

you maybe give yourself an extra 1% chance of dying . . . not as bad as riding a motorcycle but worse than flying a lot in commercial planes.

Yeah, sounds really scientific. :umm: And if you do the math on your numbers, they aren't even consistent through your post.

You just sound like a smoker trying to rationalize his bad decision.

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 02:18 PM

Do you have a source for that information? Because you could be wrong.

chefcraig
09-18-2009, 02:58 PM

Do you have a source for that information? Because you could be wrong.

I can verify that Mark isn't a jackass. Being one myself, I can testify that the lil' fucker is never at our meetings.

Diamondjimi
09-18-2009, 03:44 PM

Yeah,good luck with that Warwick Court boy....

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 04:22 PM
You want to give a source for every number you pull out of your ass?

Yeah, sounds really scientific. :umm: And if you do the math on your numbers, they aren't even consistent through your post.

You just sound like a smoker trying to rationalize his bad decision.

I said 75% it's actually 77%.

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/neoosu)

I was being completely rational which is not the same as 'trying to rationalize'.

Cheers!

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
I said 75&#37; it's actually 77%.

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/neoosu)

I was being completely rational which is not the same as 'trying to rationalize'.

Cheers!

See, it's really not that hard to add support for your statements, is it?

Now if you can just add similar scientific evidence for:

"give yourself an extra 1% chance of dying young from this."

" So perhaps not as bad as riding a motorcycle but worse than flying a lot in commercial planes."

"So for every 2 people getting it because they smoked there is 1 person getting it who didn't. "

"If you think that only 1 in 3 people smoke these days then that means if you take 10 people with pancreatic cancer, you will have as many non smokers as smokers because although smokers are more likely to get it than non smokers, there are twice as many people in the population who don't smoke."

Then maybe you'll actually be worth listening to. But you must realize that you math doesn't even add up, because 77% /= 1 in 3.

Also, saying that increasing your chances of dying by 77% might be "a risk you want to take" is not rational. Especially when the risk is taken for something so frivolous. It's rationalization.

I mean, that's cool, if you just don't have the discipline to stop. But don't pretend there's science that proves you're making a smart decision. Save that shit for your stupid friends.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Haha.

I don't need to post shit, you've just entirely proved my point that you don't understand math at fucking all. What the hell I'm bored enough to own someone on the internet with math... :)

What I posted was correct apart from maybe the motorcycle thing which I haven't checked and was for effect but probably isn't far off.

I hate to break down quotes because it doesn't make for easy reading but...

Then maybe you'll actually be worth listening to. But you must realize that you math doesn't even add up, because 77&#37; /= 1 in 3.

I didn't say that. I said that 1 in 3 people smoke. If they are 77% more likely to get cancer than non smokers then that means you end up with about the same amount of people with pancreatic cancer that smoke that don't.

Lets try this again in a way you can understand.

Lets pretend that there are 2400 people in our country and they start with a 1 in 100 chance of getting pancreatic cancer.

1 in 3 people smoke so we have 800 smokers and 1600 non smokers.

1 in 100 non smokers get the cancer so that is 1600/100 = 16 non smokers.

The smokers start at 1 in 100 as well so 8 but smokers have a 77% higher chance of getting the cancer so 8 * 1.77 get it which is only 14 people.

So we end up with more non smokers in the country with pancreatic cancer than smokers.

Of course smoking gives you a better chance of getting it I was just pointing out that saying that it was only smokers got it was completely fucking wrong. In fact it's not even mainly smokers that get it.

Also, saying that increasing your chances of dying by 77% might be "a risk you want to take" is not rational. Especially when the risk is taken for something so frivolous. It's rationalization.

Smoking to people addicted to it is not in any way frivolous in fact it's one of the harder addictions to beat. Secondly and this was another of my points that obviously flew away over your head, pancreatic cancer is quite a rare disease thank fuck given it's insanely high mortality rate. Each year 2.5 million people die in the US (Google it yourself) and out of them 30 000 die of pancreatic cancer.

So you only start with a (2.5m/30k) 1 in 80 or so chance of dying of pancreatic cancer so to a rational smoker increasing this almost 1% chance by 77% even rounding up to a 2% chance doesn't sound that bad.

There are much better reasons like heart disease or lung cancer not to smoke.

I mean, that's cool, if you just don't have the discipline to stop. But don't pretend there's science that proves you're making a smart decision. Save that shit for your stupid friends.

I don't smoke any more and you just proved that you are far more stupid than my dumbest friend although to be fair most of my pals are pretty smart. :)

Secondly for the 1 in 3 people that create the nicotine receptors giving up smoking is a fucker and not really a discipline or willpower issue because the drug uses your own willpower against you. If you were one of them you would know that.

Anyhow you don't understand chance at all so for your own sake never go to Vegas.

Cheers!

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I didn't say that. I said that 1 in 3 people smoke.

Well, first of all, that's not even true to start with. It's more like 20&#37;. But what's 13% when you're just pulling numbers out of your ass anyways, right?

http://www.itwire.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=15284

If they are 77% more likely to get cancer than non smokers then that means you end up with about the same amount of people with pancreatic cancer that smoke that don't.

First of all, that statement is moot. Fact: you're 77% more likely to get that cancer (not to mention all the other types of cancer you're more likely to get) if you smoke. It doesn't matter if 1% of the population smokes, or 99% of the population smokes. The fact is still true.

Lets try this again in a way you can understand.

Lets pretend that there are 2400 people in our country and they start with a 1 in 100 chance of getting pancreatic cancer.

1 in 3 people smoke so we have 800 smokers and 1600 non smokers.

1 in 100 non smokers get the cancer so that is 1600/100 = 16 non smokers.

The smokers start at 1 in 100 as well so 8 but smokers have a 77% higher chance of getting the cancer so 8 * 1.77 get it which is only 14 people.

So we end up with more non smokers in the country with pancreatic cancer than smokers.

Second of all, everything you just said is false. The calculation you're trying to do requires that you know the baseline rate for pancreatic cancer in non-smokers. That's why I asked above for a source for your "1%." Once you start making shit up, the numbers don't mean anything.

But, as above, you're really not making a point, just restating the data. All you're saying is that, you can take a much smaller group of people, and they would have the same incidence of the disease. So you're more likely to get the disease than the other group. Why? Because smoking increases the incidence 77%. So you're better off to be in the population with the lower incidence. You're just going in circles, not reaching any new conclusions.

Even if you ignore that your numbers are fabricated.

Of course smoking gives you a better chance of getting it I was just pointing out that saying that it was only smokers got it

Nobody said that, clown.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I really admire remedial teachers, there is no way I could do that job.

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Guess that's a better response than having to deal with reality.

A long time ago, I worked at a job where somebody had a sign that said, "In data we trust...all others are full of shit."

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Working in the cafe at a Star Trek convention is hardly a career.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Dude stop...:rofl:

Sesh just OWNED and sold you!

:biggrin:

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Uh...yeah. Guess I don't get it, because I'm not a "trekkie?" :umm:

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:07 PM
He owned you long before that...

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Ok. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Anytime...

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Ok. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

I'd like to second that. :)

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd like to second that. :)

Oh, you just don't like people pointing it out when you're making shit up. Get over it. :hee:

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I didn't.

At this point I don't know what you are talking about.

The post you took issue with was very accurate and I've explained why. The reason I made it was because BOF was posting that people only got pancreatic cancer if they smoked so it was their own decision. You could have argued that I didn't factor the percentage of smokers skewing the baseline rate for the cancer I used but that would have been kind of anal and it's not going to make a big difference, my 1&#37; thing is still going to be near as dammit.

I said 1 in 3 smokers because it's close to that over here you say 1 in 4 but that only makes my case stronger as it lessens the effect of smokers on the figures and it all evens out.

This is a particularly silly argument to have on the interweb and I have no idea why you are making it. I only took the bait because you were rude which was dumb of me I suppose. :)

Anyhoo I win - woohooo!

Cheers!

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:28 PM
I think your mathmatix confused the po' boy...:biggrin:

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:32 PM
This is a particularly silly argument to have on the interweb and I have no idea why you are making it.

Just because I have a pet peeve about people pulling data out of their ass. :) And I hate shit like, "well, it's safer to smoke than to ride a motorcycle...but not as safe as flying a plane." Ok, Mr. Wizard...great fucking point. :) Did you wake up and decide to pretend to be a statistician today?

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:34 PM
my 1% thing is still going to be near as dammit.

Near as what? :(

I ask again: what is the rate of pancreatic cancer among non-smokers?

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't mind but someone shouting "2+2=5 Jackass" is hard to ignore on a boring Friday night. :)

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't mind but someone shouting "2+2=5 Jackass" is hard to ignore on a boring Friday night. :)

Well, clearly. Otherwise, I wouldn't have called you out.

I had plans, but they fell through. Might go to the late show.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Just because I have a pet peeve about people pulling data out of their ass. :) And I hate shit like, "well, it's safer to smoke than to ride a motorcycle...but not as safe as flying a plane." Ok, Mr. Wizard...great fucking point. :) Did you wake up and decide to pretend to be a statistician today?

I never said that at all. I said that the increased chance of dying from pancreatic cancer from smoking was probably about the same as riding a motorcycle.

Why don't you go and look up how many people die in motorcycle accidents, compare it to the increased risk from smoking of dying from pancreatic cancer and come back and try and win the argument?

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I said that the increased chance of dying from pancreatic cancer from smoking was probably about the same as riding a motorcycle.

And that statement is based on what? Anything?

:shiznit:

Why don't you go and look up how many people die in motorcycle accidents, compare it to the increased risk from smoking of dying from pancreatic cancer and come back and try and win the argument?

So you want me to go find the data to support your statement? :lmao:

I have an idea...why don't you go find that data before you make the statement? :hee: Otherwise, just admit you're making shit up because it sounds cool.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
What if you smoke, ride motorcycles and fly off for the weekend...:biggrin:

Hey blackfag...if you hurry, you might be able to pedal to the late show...

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:48 PM
What if you smoke, ride motorcycles and fly off for the weekend...:biggrin:

Hey blackfag...if you hurry, you might be able to pedal to the late show...

Dude, why are you fucking busting on me? I'm trying to show this pinhead how his logic is shit, and you have to come in and play his big brother? Why don't you go rape somebody's pet before they get home from work.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Dude, why are you fucking busting on me?

Because it's a message board and i'm enjoying watching Sesh outwit you...

Harmless fun...

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Why do you suggest pet raping, anyway ??

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Why do you suggest pet raping, anyway ??

Because I know you? I'm just trying to think of an activity that would appeal to you.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:00 PM
How do you know me ??

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Because I'm a magnet for assholes. Story of my life.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Dude, why are you fucking busting on me? I'm trying to show this pinhead how his logic is shit, and you have to come in and play his big brother? Why don't you go rape somebody's pet before they get home from work.

Jesus.

Listen fuckin Cleetus stop calling me pinhead unless you can back it up in a better way than you getting intellectually owned again and again.

Incidentally the funny thing is that you didn't have the skills to check my throwaway line on the motorcycle thing and I'm right again.

In 2008 5357 people died on motorcycles.

List of motorcycle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorcycle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year)

About 30 000 people died from pancreatic cancer. 1 in 5 people smoke with a 77% higher chance of getting cancer. That means that the increased chance in getting pancreatic cancer is less than the increased chance of dying from riding a motorcycle.

I win again! Woohoo!

Cheers!

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Looks like Sesh ran out of asinine response.

Sesh, go look up the rate of pancreatic cancer for non-smokers, then re-run your data, and we'll talk.

I'm going to the fucking movies.

:fu:

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Same again - you still don't know the rate of cancer among non-smokers, so you still aren't making a point.

(And your last post is shit, because it doesn't account for the percentage of the population that rides motorcycles.)

Give up. Get a job in the liberal arts.

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Same again - you still don't know the rate of cancer among non-smokers, so you still aren't making a point.

What are you wittering about.

If the stats say that the increase in pancreatic cancer for smokers is 77% and the total amount of people with it then we know the rate amongst non smokers.

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Because I'm a magnet for assholes. Story of my life.

That is the gayest post i've ever read...fag...

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm going to the fucking movies.

They have a late night Muppet show in your town?

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:13 PM
If the stats say that the increase in pancreatic cancer for smokers is 77% and the total amount of people with it then we know the rate amongst non smokers.

Dude, you're way over his head, you may as well give it up...:biggrin:

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:14 PM
They have a late night Muppet show in your town?

I might like to see that...:biggrin:

Blackflag
09-18-2009, 11:20 PM
we know the rate amongst non smokers.

Then this should be easy for you. Either:

a) Tell me the actual rate of pancreatic cancer among non-smokers; or

b) Admit you're wrong and shut the fuck up.

Pick one.

:)

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Tell me the actual rate of pancreatic cancer among non-smokers

Pancreatic Cancer for Rectum Magnets (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_3_1x_Smoking_and_Pancreatic_Cancer.asp)

:elvis:

Seshmeister
09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Then this should be easy for you. Either:

a) Tell me the actual rate of pancreatic cancer among non-smokers; or

It's 77% less than smokers Einstein. :)

ELVIS
09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I guess he's off to the Muppet Show...