PDA

View Full Version : Life is a browser

Hardrock69
09-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Due to the fact I spend a lot of time on the net, and I work on a computer as well, I can say I spend at LEAST 3-4 days of total time each week sitting in front of the screen, just as you people who are reading this now are doing.

Over the past few months, I have noticed that (more often than I used to) I am having dreams of surfing the net, or when it is nothing computer related, I find myself in my dreams trying to close out the browser window of the dream I am having.

Kinda strange.

It is like sometimes I am writing something in longhand (with an honest-to-god pen on paper), and I will fuck something up, and my first instinct is to hit my "undo" button.

We all have become so dependent on computers and the net these days.

Makes me wish I could buy a few thousand acres off in the NorthWest somewhere and go build a log cabin with solar power and thermal heat, with no internet connection.

Kids these days have no idea what it meant to live with only 3 TV channels, and *GASP!* an old ROTARY DIAL PHONE!

How on earth were we able to exist without at least a VCR?

We are stuck in the future and can't go back.

Dan
09-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Freak.:D

j/king.

Seshmeister
09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.themoononline.com/imagesone/demotivate.jpg :)

Little Texan
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Kids these days have no idea what it meant to live with only 3 TV channels, and *GASP!* an old ROTARY DIAL PHONE!

I remember quite well what it was like. In fact, my older brother and I used to be my dad's remote control to the tv when we were kids. As far as the rotary phone, I didn't know what a touch tone phone was until I was in my teens...rotary was all we had when I was growing up. I kind of miss those days back before the proliferation of the internet and all of the technological "conveniences" we have now days. Back when if you wanted to make a call during the daytime hours you had to locate the nearest payphone, or if you wanted to know what was going on in the world you bought a newspaper. Life was so much simpler back then.

Anonymous
09-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm with Dan. Closing the window of your dream? You're a freak.

But hey, we like you.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Rotary phones rule. I wish I could get one pf those, with the mechanical bell.

These "new" phones have rings that piss me off. Really get into my brain, fucking annoying.

I loved the sound of those mechanical bells.

Ah, good ole days.

Cheers! :bottle:

Hardrock69
09-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey Sesh, at least I am not surrounded by idiots, and I make a helluva lot more than minimum wage! :PD