PDA

View Full Version : UN Delegates Storm Out Of Iran Leader's Speech

ELVIS
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
September 24, 2009 (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-Speech-At-United-Nations-General-Assembly-Some-Delegates-Leave-After-Remarks/Article/200909415388052?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15388052_Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_Speech_At _United_Nations_General_Assembly%3A_Some_Delegates _Leave_After_Remarks)

British delegates joined a series of other nations in staging a walk-out in protest at remarks made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a speech to the UN.

Canadian delegates left the room before Mr Ahmadinejad had even begun to speak

In his address, Mr Ahmadinejad launched a scathing attack on Israel, accusing it of adopting "inhuman policies" in the Palestinian territories.
He claimed greater global freedom and the "awakening of nations" would force Israel to abandon its "hypocrisy and vicious attitudes".

"It is no longer acceptable that a small minority would dominate the politics, economy and culture of major parts of the world by its complicated networks, and establish a new form of slavery, and harm the reputation of other nations, even European nations and the US, to attain its racist ambitions," he said.

British delegates joined American and French representatives in leaving the room at the UN headquarters at this point.

A spokeswoman for the UK delegation said the walk-out was prompted by "anti-Semitic" rhetoric.

Ahmadienjad's presence was met with protests outside the UN headquarters
Undeterred, Mr Ahmadinejad went on to accuse foreign troops of spreading "war, bloodshed, aggression, terror and intimidation" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He lashed out at capitalism, arguing it had reached the end of the road and would suffer the same fate as Marxism.

And he also used his speech to brush off accusations that his re-election in June was a fraud, describing the polling day as "glorious and fully democratic".

Notably absent from Mr Ahmadinejad's podium address was the subject of Tehran's stand-off with Western powers over its nuclear ambitions.
As the Iranian leader prepared to address delegates, the UN Security Council members announced that they were expecting Iran to engage with them on the issue.

"We expect a serious response from Iran and will decide, in the context of our dual track approach, as a result of the meeting, on our next steps," Foreign Secretary David Miliband said on behalf of Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United States.

:elvis:

FORD
09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
It's too bad they didn't do the same during the previous 8 years with a certain OTHER batshit crazy election stealing lunatic.

ELVIS
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
He wasn't that crazy...

Coyote
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Apparently, Mahmoud wants Iran to get bombed to bits...

VanHalener
09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Next steps?

I've got your next steps...

1) Target Iran

2) Lift cover off button

3) Push button

4) Light cigar

Fuck Iran. Vaporize the bastards!

Nail North Korea while the button is still warm.

And blast that dude who delivered a cold pizza to my door last night.

And nail that fat fucker Hagar with napalm while you're at it.

Well?....

WTF are you waiting for?

lesfunk
09-24-2009, 06:44 PM
American Delegates walked out? Man I'll bet Obama's pissed off.

lesfunk
09-24-2009, 06:46 PM
... unless of course they walked out to pick up Mr Ahmadinejad's dry cleaning for him.

Seshmeister
09-25-2009, 01:11 AM
There is a pretty wide middle road between starting another pointless huge hellish war and picking up dry cleaning and I'm all for staggering along it.

You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one

VanHalener
09-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Hit them now, hit them hard, hit them till there is nothing left to hit.

Fuck that fucked up country and all those fucked up people following that fucked up religion.

They are nothing but trouble and will do anything they can to fuck us up.
Oh it's coming Motherfuckers! As soon as they are able they will strike out at us and others in the name of Alah.

Fuck them up NOW, mothefucker!

(This has been a public service announcement)