PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most ridiculous?

POJO_Risin
09-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Is the Yankees 1.5 billion stadium in which you have to buy and sell your children to go see a game more audacious than the Cowboys 1.2 billion dollar stadium with the big screen TV that blocks one out of three punts?

You make the call...

damngoodtimes
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I went for both. two of my least favorite sports franchises ever.

lesfunk
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Fuckem both

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Ditto...

sadaist
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Cowboys 1.2 billion dollar stadium with the big screen TV that blocks one out of three punts?

Have more punts been blocked? I only knew of the first one, and word was the guy was trying for it. I also heard in one report that the screen is actually set higher up than the NFL regulations call for. I can see guys purposely aiming for it since Jerry is such a dick though.

Either way, terrific looking stadium. Fucking thing holds what? 100k people? Damn. That many people all I can think of is the parking debacle. But at a point the stadium becomes more important and more of an attraction than the game itself. It is just seats for spectators of the game...period. Sure, make the seats, field & roof great, but leave out the restaurants, malls, specialty stores etc...

We are fighting over a new stadium in San Diego. May even lose the team to LA over the whole thing. I don't know, I'm gonna miss Jack Murphy Stadium (err...Qualcomm).

GO CHARGERS!!

chefcraig
09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Say what you will about the cost of Yankee Stadium, at least the team is competitive every year. The Cowboys on the other hand haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Say what you will about the cost of Yankee Stadium, at least the team is competitive every year.

They had better, with a frickin' $200 million payroll.....

hideyoursheep
10-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Say what you will about the cost of Yankee Stadium, at least the team is competitive every year. The Cowboys on the other hand haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

That's the difference between a salary cap and Steinbrenner.;)

POJO_Risin
10-01-2009, 10:56 AM
You know...I really don't mind billions of dollars for these venues...IF...it's done privately, and doesn't come back to bite the taxpayers in the ass...with...$300 tickets.

I fucking love watching Yankee games with "sell outs" that have nearly entire lower-level seats empty...fuck 'em...

It must be nice to make so much money...YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FANS...

bullshit...

Cowboys tickets, by average, are twice as much as the NFL...

I don't know what's worse...the owners doing it...or the fans actually paying for it...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I will say this about Cowboys Stadium, I applaud them for making the capacity so big....

And I really don't understand why more pro stadiums aren't bigger....

Why are 5 college stadiums over 100,000, but only one pro stadium...

Heinz Field is only 8 years old, and I've never understood why Dan Rooney didn't put at least 20,000 more seats in there... 65,000 is pretty damn small in today's football....

POJO_Risin
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Especially...Va...when had they made the stadium seat 85-100,000, most of those would have been season ticket holders...

Of course, in a money driven sport, it's all about supply and demand...if you control the supply...well...

you get the rest...

it's total bullshit, but as long as we keep buying tickets...

redblkwht
10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
I still cant get over the design of the cowboys stadium mistake..
you guys think jerrys people are that stupid?

POJO_Risin
10-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I actually really think that Jeff Fisher was head-hunting that day at Arlington...

He's on the rules committee, and he's just the type of douchebag to try and fuck up a billion dollar stadium.

Funny when you think about it...

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-02-2009, 10:12 AM
The Cowboys stadium is the fuckin coolest stadium I have ever been in. Went to the opening game against the Giants. Jerry Jones funded $750 million of it out of his own pocket, so why all the hate? Yes seats are more expensive, as they should be for such a great venue, but in return, Jerry also made the party deck available for fans that want to get into the game but don't want to pay a premium for seats. The party deck seats are available for only $29 a piece. I'm willing to pay the premium, but thats just me. The video board is set at 90 feet, 5 feet above league minimum. I have seen every punt in that stadium since it has opened and not one punt even came close to hitting the board except for the douchebag Trapasso, who obviously hit it on purpose. Parking in Arlington is not a problem because there are open lots everywhere around and near Cowboys stadium, including the Ball Park where the Rangers play.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Actually, I've heard that the screen is SO big that you end up watching the game on the screen rather than the game itself...

ppg960
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Those venues are un-real. They look great on TV but that's a lot of cash. If these teams can build this type of building without raping their fans - go for it.