PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams' head abused with Wrench

POJO_Risin
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Ted Williams' severed head has been abused!

No joke here folks.

According to a former technician at Alcor, the facility that houses Williams' head, another technician took batting practice with Teddy Ballgame's noodle. According to Larry Johnson (a former executive at Alcor, not huggies), Williams' head was abused at the facility. Johnson claims a technician took baseball-like swings at Williams' frozen head with a monkey wrench.

Okay...where to start with this.

1. Good ole' John Henry and his freak freezing of Ted's head...then freezing himself when he died at 35 of leaukemia.

2. Some douche playing baseball with Ted's head...really? So...if they are playing baseball with Ted...what are they doing with the hot women that are frozen?

Seriously...imagine if they do reboot Ted down the line...can't wait to see what "Wrench to the Head Ted" acts like...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Ted Williams' head mistreated in lab, according to report about new book - ESPN Boston (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957)

Fairwrning
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Larry Johnson says in the book "Frozen: My Journey Into the World of Cryonics, Deception and Death" that he watched an Alcor official swing a monkey wrench at Williams' frozen severed head to try to remove a tuna can stuck to it. The first swing accidentally struck the head, Johnson contends, and the second knocked the tuna can loose.

just utterly amazing..mindboggling..pardon the pun

Fairwrning
10-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Seriously..how in the hell does a tuna can get stuck to Ted Williams head..

POJO_Risin
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
It both makes you want to throw up...

and laugh at the same time...

Tell me you don't have a picture of Teddy Ballgames head, like some horror freakshow, all bent up and mangled...eye hanging out...

My wife says..."what's he going to be like when they revive him?"

my reply..."Revive what...the head?"

POJO_Risin
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Seriously..how in the hell does a tuna can get stuck to Ted Williams head..

Larry, where have you seen my can of tuna, I set it right...oh shit...

GET OUT THE WRENCH...

Fairwrning
10-05-2009, 09:27 PM
FUCK MAN..the hot water heater is broke..GRAB A WRENCH!!

BITEYOASS
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Now this is a good reason to go towards cremation instead of cryo. Hell, I don't even want to be buried after listening to this story from Sam Kinison:

It starts around 2:20

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOvycD_e28k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOvycD_e28k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DlocRoth
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
wow. just wow.

Diamondjimi
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
That's some messed up shit...

letsrock
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Please post a video.

conmee
10-07-2009, 11:39 PM
The freezing process does irreparable damage at the cellular level, chrystalizing and damaging cell walls and such, if I recall from an X-Files episode... or was it Fringe? I mean look what freezer burn does to fucking microwave dinners and frozen vegetables, let alone a brain.... There's no chance of anyone currently on ice ever being successfully revived.

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. A fucking tuna can? lol

Nickdfresh
10-07-2009, 11:58 PM
The freezing process does irreparable damage at the cellular level, chrystalizing and damaging cell walls and such, if I recall from an X-Files episode... or was it Fringe? I mean look what freezer burn does to fucking microwave dinners and frozen vegetables, let alone a brain.... There's no chance of anyone currently on ice ever being successfully revived.

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. A fucking tuna can? lol

You are correct sir. Freezing expands the water content in cells --making them burst-- much like ice or snow expands the volume of water. If you're frozen, you're fucked.

And for these cunts working in the lab. They deserved to have a pliers on their nuts!!:devils:

Aside from the fact that Ted was a great player and one of the greatest Red Stockings of all time, he was also a veteran who was an officer and pilot and deserves better than the wretched little fuck he blew out of his loins and these retard techs working for a scam Soylent Green&#174; frozen foods....

RIP Ted...

Troy
10-08-2009, 12:38 AM
I read that his body is there too. That's also the place where Walt Disney is I believe. There website is informative but very innacurate. Cryopreserving human cells is common and easy to do but what happens is over a period of time (say 5-10 years) cells can lose their viability. Cells should be tested every 3 years or so to make sure that they still perform to specifications. If they don't, they get tossed, you can't make them viable again. Now freezing a human body in what's most likely the vapor phase of liquid nitrogen? The skin would come off. We're talking -375 degrees F. There is abosolutely now way that a body can be revived. An organ can only be on wet ice for a very short period of time before it's useless why do you think transportations or organs happen so fast?

It's embarassing that Alcor considers themselves on the cutting edge of science and duping rich (but dumb) people into thinking this can become a reality.

twonabomber
10-08-2009, 01:04 AM
guy that wrote the book was on Stern this morning...

Howard said he had this guy Larry Johnson on the phone. He worked at this place where they have Ted Williams head frozen. Howard said that they think that some day they may be able to attach his head to another body. Howard said that they need the technology to thaw him out and then put the head on another body.

Howard said that Larry Johnson wrote the book ''Frozen: My Journey into the World of Cryonics, Deception, and Death'' after working at this place where they had Ted's head frozen. He didn't like the way they were doing things there and he wrote the book.

Larry was on the phone and said that Alcore hasn't sued him yet but they have filed some paperwork to stop the book. He said the judge didn't see it their way so he's letting the book come out. He said that he's allowed to talk about the content of the book too.

Howard said that it's not clear if Ted wanted to be frozen or not. Larry said he's been told that is not what Ted wanted and his family may have done it without his knowing. Howard said that he wanted to ask Reggie Jackson about that yesterday. He said that Larry claims that Ted's head was mistreated there and they took baseball like swings at his head to free it from a perch on a tuna can.

Howard read the quote from the book about that and they say that the heads are kept on a stand but the stand is a Bumble Bee tuna can. Howard said that they hit his head to knock it off of that can. The guy was using a monkey wrench when he hit it.

Larry said that they do use a perch and they used a tuna can on the top of the head. Howard asked if they freeze it to the head. Larry said they put the head on the can and freeze it in the canister. He said that after a few days they take it out and the can is frozen to the head. He's not sure why they use a tuna can though.

Howard said Larry claims he sat in his car and cried after witnessing that tuna can incident. Larry said he's seen some harsh stuff in his life because he's a paramedic but it took that to make him break down.

Larry said he started working for the company as the COO and he kind of had a bait and switch thing happen to him. He said he didn't know that it was going to be like it was.

Howard said that Larry claims that Ted is going to have a crack in his head from the hitting with the monkey wrench.

Larry said that they're thinking that they might be able to create a new body for his head some day. He said that some people are frozen whole.

Howard read some more notes from Larry's book. He had a lot of details about the Ted Williams head and how poorly it was treated. They had to chisel his head off the body according to Larry. Larry said they used a hammer and chisel to get the head off. He said it wasn't done in a medical way.

Larry talked about how there are a few companies doing this kind of thing. There are two that are based on the same company and another one that's on its own.

Howard asked Larry if they're making any money. Larry said that he's not sure if he's making any money with the book. He's putting the book out to get some notice for what they're doing in these places. Larry said he can't say where he's working now because he has to protect himself. He said that the past few years haven't been too fun for him.

Larry said that he has doubts that anyone will ever be reanimated. He said that if that's your wish that's fine but he doesn't think that anything will ever happen. He said that some people freeze their pets at these places too.

Howard said that he would like a picture of Ted Williams with the tuna can frozen to his head. He thanked Larry for calling in and gave him some plugs for the book and a web site at FrozenBook.com. Larry said he'll have some clips on there soon and you'll be able to hear the conversations he had with the people at Alcore.

Artie said that he saw a documentary about Ted Williams and how one of his daughters really fought hard against having his head frozen. The company seemed kind of ominous in that documentary too. Howard said he was thinking about freezing his dad's head too. He said he'd have a sardine can frozen to his head. He may just send his parents to the South Pole instead. Howard let Larry go after that.

Howard wondered if the tuna can was on the top of the head for a reason. Robin said they put the head in the cylinder to freeze it and they put the can in there to keep the head from sticking to the container. Robin said that it's a resting spot.

Howard still didn't get it. Will came in and showed Howard what they were talking about. Howard said he still didn't understand it. Robin told Howard over and over that they used it to keep the head from resting in the bottom of the cylinder. Howard finally got it.

Howard said the picture that Will had was very disturbing. He said he sees what they're talking about now. He said it's pretty cool.

Robin said that it's funny that they never thought about how to get the tuna can off the head. Howard said they did, they just knocked it off with a wrench. He said that sounds like a Three Stooges kind of thing. Howard said they might have to make a movie like that.

Troy
10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
If you guys haven't checked out the doc on HBO about Williams, check it out it is fascinating. I loved it.

Little Texan
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Do you think the technology will ever advance to the point where they can bring people back from a frozen state in the future? I'm undecided, because there are things that people thought were impossible 50 years ago that are now possible. There was a time when people thought putting a man on the moon was impossible, for example.

WARF
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Von Halen did it.

That damn yankee fan!!

BITEYOASS
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Screw being frozen! I want to be cremated, have a metal container of my ashes attached to a Mk-84 2000 lbs. bomb and dropped from a USMC F/A-18 Hornet. :D