PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Reform: The Fight Against DEATH!

FORD
10-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Big Train
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
While we are realigning things Keith, can we take it one step further ? The "battle" is really against cost and innovation. How much SHOULD something cost that will save and or improve life?

Innovation costs money. Do you believe innovation should be the sole province of the government, so that we are all "unified"? Or do you believe that incentive (i.e. profit) is a better way to motivate people to innovate faster?

These are all chicken and egg questions based on your political leanings.

FORD
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
How the FUCK would this stop "innovation"??

What sort of "innovation" comes from the souless bloodsucking insurance vampire bastards? :confused12:

Did you miss the part where Keith said that doctors and hospitals are NOT the enemy here?

Big Train
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Try to get over your anti-business bent and hear what I'm saying next time.

He is framing the argument a certain way and I'm saying he isn't going far enough. He is saying the insurance companies, because of their love of profit, are the true enemy, second only to death itself.

I'm saying the real problem, second only to death itself, is cost.

Insurance companies do the math and try to figure out what something should cost. Then they charge out accordingly. At it's worst it's a "blood sucking whatever". At it's best, it's a service.

I'm saying, the overarching problem is cost, not who should or shouldn't pay and who is good and who is evil. We have spent this entire healthcare debate trying to find WHO should be paying the bill, the tax funded government or private citizens individually.

Absolutely zero time has been spent (other than lip service) on the actual idea of how we REALLY reduce costs, so that it would not matter if it was privately or publicly funded.

He wants to sit there and preach, concluding it's the ins. Find a known group of people we can blame. However, it's a thing...cost...that prevents advances from happening.

FORD
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Insurance companies are supposed to provide a service. But in reality, they do their damndest to AVOID providing that service, even after they have taken your money.

There is nothing "innovative" about that.

As Keith says, this is 21st century America, not a goddamn 19th century Dickens novel, and Tiny Tim shouldn't fucking die because Scrooge doesn't have a decent health care plan for his underpaid employees.