PDA

View Full Version : Quick... pick up the Hot Rod in your death pools

Mr Walker
10-08-2009, 09:29 AM
(WWE) A Shocking & Sad Update On 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
Headline Posted by Ryan Clark on 12:46:41 PM Oct 7, 2009

As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumor on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

Mr Walker
10-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Ooops...

Headline Posted by Ryan Clark on 4:49:10 PM Oct 7, 2009

In regards to our earlier report that Roddy Piper had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, one of Piper's representatives contacted us to say that Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, but that he has not been diagnosed with a terminal illness or terminal cancer. Piper has been advised by doctors to rest and take a break from his work schedule. Piper's representatives may be releasing an official statement soon. Please do keep Roddy in your thoughts and prayers as he's not all that well these days. There is said to be more behind the time off.

Little Texan
10-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, that's good news that he's not terminal.

Mr Walker
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Maybe you should grab Captain Lou instead...

In a rather surprising health update, Lou Albano, 76, is now in Hospice care.

High Life Man
10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Piper's Pit!

And I would love to see the old "Bobby Heenan Show".

twonabomber
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe you should grab Captain Lou instead...

In a rather surprising health update, Lou Albano, 76, is now in Hospice care.

Captain Lou's gone...

Mr Walker
10-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Anybody take my advice?

FORD
10-15-2009, 02:10 AM
If Piper dies too, then we'd have to speculate on who wrestler #3 would be.

How's Hulk Hogan been doing since his divorce? Any chance of a steroid/pain pill overdose??

Diamondjimi
10-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Piper, what a character. I wish him well!