PDA

View Full Version : Hey, i'm new.

VanHalenFan5150
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey guys, I just registered here. Looks like a really great message board for me, i'm a huge fan of Van Halen. I may only be 14 but I own all of Van Halen's original albums on CD, I own a replica guitar of Ed's, and some memorabilia (working on that). I've been playing guitar for almost three years, and the person who has inspired me the most has been Edward Van Halen. He is the reason I taught myself how to play.

Want to know anything else, just ask.

Sarge's Little Helper
10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi VanHalenFan5150 and welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! We are a website created by fans of David Lee Roth for fans of David Lee Roth. IT’S THAT DAMN SIMPLE. The next beer is on us!

VanHalenFan5150
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Haha, you all seem really nice (so far.)

So I was working on Eruption on guitar this morning. The pull-off's right after the intro are a real bitch, i'm still working them out, haha.

GO-SPURS-GO
10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi! Uh... Just to let you know, this is a pro "Classic" Van Halen and pro Diamond David Lee Roth website! So you might get a few groans with that 5150 crap. Oh... and :fuhagar3::fuhagar::fuhagar2::fuhagar4:

VanHalenFan5150
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Haha, trust me, I do not like Van Hagar as much as you guys don't. I'm just putting the 5150 in there because it was the number on Eddie Van Halen's 1984 Kramer 5150 guitar, the one he used primarily on tour. :P

Diamondjimi
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome!

EVH replica? Cool, got a pic?, throw one up here...http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/gear-street/56105-diamondjimis-frankenstein-replica.html

sadaist
10-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Haha, trust me, I do not like Van Hagar as much as you guys don't. I'm just putting the 5150 in there because it was the number on Eddie Van Halen's 1984 Kramer 5150 guitar, the one he used primarily on tour. :P

No worries. It's also the studio where 1984, Me Wise Magic & Cant Get This Stuff No More were recorded. Not all bad things are associated with the number. Especially if they record a new album there. Welcome aboard!

Oh yeah...EVH is what got me to start playing guitar too. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love beginning is what hooked me. Man, still no riff like that in the world. Good luck in your playing. And the motherfuckers here know some serious shit about gear too. Check out the gear forum. Awesomeness.

davidrth101
10-11-2009, 10:14 AM
when it comes to diamond dave I know the man himself. welcome aboard vanhalenfan5150. :hitch:

VanHalenFan5150
10-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Haha, I will upload some pics soon. It's an almost-homemade replica of his first Frankenstrat, the white one. I bought a Strat knock-off with a Kramer-ish neck and headstock. It was white, so I said to my dad "What the hell, why not?"

So we spent about an hour striping it up. A few months later I added pickholders (3M double-sided tape) on each of the horns. And yesterday I removed one of the three tremolo springs (It's a standard synched trem >.<) and tightened the tremolo block to compensate. This morning I took a cloth rag and cleaned up my gummed-up neck and strings. I swear, this guitar does dives like any Floyd can do, and all I did was take a spring out, haha. It plays very nicely, and i'd like to do some things to it eventually, but it's my baby for the time being. I'm buying and ESP LTD M-100-FM soon, heheh.... :)

My set-up right now is my custom Strat, plugged into my Fender G-Dec 30 watt amp, with the custom Brown Sound preset. It sounds as close to the real thing as I can manage to get.

GAR
10-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Welcome!

Diamondjimi
10-12-2009, 03:47 AM
GAR, the only one dumb enough to "Groan" a bot! :biggrin:

bueno bob
10-12-2009, 06:41 AM
We actually still get new people here? :confused:

VanHalenFan5150
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I guess so. I was referred to you guys from Youtube... So I saw it was a CVH forum and said "Shit yeah," and I joined.