PDA

View Full Version : Jack Bruce, Robin Trower, Gary Husband - Seven Moons Tour - Worpswede, GM 3/1/09

Hardrock69
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I got this earlier in the week from Guitars101:

Jack Bruce, Robin Trower, Gary Husband - 2009-03-01 - Worpswede, Germany (FM @192)

01 - Seven Moons (5: 00)
02 - Lives Of Clay (5:50)
03 - Distant Places Of The Heart (6:42)
04 - Sunshine Of Your Love (10:18)
05 - Carmen (4:54)
06 - She’s Not The One (3:31)
07 - We’re Going Wrong (JB comp) (8:53)
08 - So Far To Yesterday (4:18)
09 - Just Another Day (7:11)
10 - Perfect Place (4:24)
11 - Bad Case Of Celebrity (5:36)
12 - The Last Door (5:43)
13 - Come To Me (4:39)
14 - I’m Home - White Room (12:33)
15 - Politician (6: 07)
16 - Announcement (0:12)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9Z4KZ92K)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZKDWP55)

Mirror:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/289145570/JB.RT.GH.2009-03-01.Worpswede.01.by.T.U.B.E..rar)
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/289145786/JB.RT.GH.2009-03-01.Worpswede.02.by.T.U.B.E..rar)

This tour was done in the spring and summer of this year to promote the recent studio album "Seven Moons". It is a shame that they did not tour over in the States (Robin Trower is touring right at this moment over here).

It is a very subtle show. Not truly 'bombastic' or 'exciting', but rather low-key.
That said, it is top notch! It is an FM Broadcast, so the sound quality is perfect.
I always like Jack Bruce's voice. His songwriting is fairly unique. Lyrics and delivery are unlike anyone else's.

There is quite a lot of jamming in spots. But when you have world-class musicians like this jamming, it more often than not is a fantastic experience.

The subtlety of the material gives the performance a truly intimate feel. And the recording leaves one with the impression that the audience was fairly small. But of course, I have no idea how many people were at this show.

So last week I just listened to the first couple of songs on Disc One, and did not get back to listening to the rest of it until now. I found in the interim that I could not get the first song (the title track "Seven Moons") out of my head. And that was after hearing it just one time!
That told me that if the rest of the show had that quality, it was going to be a worthwhile recording to own. I sincerely hope Seven Moons sells reasonably well, as the songwriting is top-notch. They apparently play the entire album live, with the exception of one song.

I am glad this recording is an FM broadcast, as I cannot even be sure that any of these shows were recorded with thoughts to releasing any kind of live set. I surely hope one of the shows was videotaped, if not professionally, than at least by an audience member.

As can be expected, there is some older material. "Sunshine Of Your Love" and "White Room" are in the set. There is no older Trower material in the set, which is kind of a shame. The album cover of Seven Moons has both their names on it. Woulda been nice to hear something like "In This Place" or "Daydream". Either one woulda fit in perfectly with the vibe of the new material from Seven Moons

This is one of the most interesting and unique live sets I have heard in YEARS. But then, what can one expect with a 3-piece band consisting of Bruce, Trower & Husband?

Side note: I just checked out Jack Bruce's current band lineup.
He has Vernon Reid on guitar and Bernie Worrell on keyboards! Talk about some kickass musicians!

I give this thing two thumbs up. This is the first time I have felt the desire to post any kind of full-length review of a show I have gotten from the bootleg section, but then, this is no ordinary set.

Many thanks to Asso at Guitars101 for posting this show.

Thus endeth the review.

http://i34.tinypic.com/j8hzpt.jpg

Hardrock69
10-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I'll be a sumbitch! I just discovered a webpage with info on a live album from this tour!

It says it was recorded in Holland in February, so it predates this bootleg by a little bit.

Woot! And it seems my wish is going to be granted! There is going to be a DVD release of this performance! Woohoo!

Jack Bruce & Robin Trower's Seven Moons Live Album - CD Review of Jack Bruce & Robin Trower's Seven Moons Live Album (http://blues.about.com/od/cddvdreviews/fr/BruceTrowerCD1.htm)

Blues-rock legends Jack Bruce, bassist for the ground-breaking 1960s-era band Cream, and guitarist Robin Trower, a long-ago member of British rockers Procol Harum and a successful solo artist, have once again teamed up and will be releasing their first live recording together. Titled Seven Moons Live, the album is scheduled for release on October 13, 2009 by Ruf Records. Drummer Gary Husband, a veteran of Gary Moore's band, rounds out the power trio.

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jack Bruce (with Cream) has over four decades of experience playing nearly every style of music imaginable, from earthy British blues with John Mayall and Alexis Korner to blues-rock with Cream and West, Bruce & Laing; from jazz and jazz-fusion with Tony Williams Lifetime and John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra; to pop with Manfred Mann and Donovan.

Bruce has also enjoyed a significant solo career, and through the years his Jack Bruce & Friends band can boast of members like former Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell, jazz-fusion percussionist Billy Cobham, jazz guitarist Larry Coryell, and former Humble Pie fretburner Clem Clempson. In other words, the man has mad skills and everybody who is anybody has chosen to play with him.

Phenomenal guitarist Robin Trower needs no introduction. He first came to prominence during the early-1960s with the British R&B band the Paramounts. When his former Paramounts bandmate Gary Brooker needed musicians to round out the Procol Harum line-up, he called Trower, who would subsequently record five smash hit albums with the band between 1967 and 1972, before leaving to launch his solo career.

During the 1970s, Trower recorded ground-breaking and acclaimed psychedelic blues-rock albums like Bridge of Sighs, Long Misty Days, and In City Dreams, all of which would hit the Billboard magazine Top 40 album chart. During the 1980s, Trower largely dropped the Hendrix-inspired psychedelic edge to his music and turned his skills towards even more of a bluesy sound, and in the decades since has become one of the blues-rock genre's favorite instrumentalists. Trower released his latest album, and the first on which he takes up the microphone, earlier in 2009 with What Lies Beneath.

Jack Bruce and Robin Trower first joined forces in 1980, recording a pair of critically-acclaimed albums, including 1981's B.L.T. which would scrape the bottom of the Billboard Top 40 album chart. The two would get back together in 2008 to record Seven Moons, a well-received collection of original blues-rock tunes penned by the pair, featuring Bruce's mournful vocals and fluid bass lines, and Trower's shimmering fretwork.

Seven Moons Live was recorded in February 2009 in front of a raucous, enthusiastic audience in Nijmegen, Holland. The twelve-track album features eight songs from the pair's 2008 studio album, the song "Carmen" from the 1981 B.L.T. disc, and new versions of three classic Cream songs - "Sunshine of Your Love," "White Room," and "Politician" - all originally written by Bruce back during the late-1960s. Music Video Distributors will also be releasing a DVD of the performance.

Seven Moons Live Track Listing

1. Seven Moons
2. Lives of Clay
3. Distant Places of the Heart
4. Sunshine of Your Love
5. Carmen
6. So Far to Yesterday
7. Perfect Place
8. Bad Case of Celebrity
9. The Last Door
10. Come to Me
11. White Room
12. Politician

Jérôme Frenchise
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Jack Bruce and Rob Trower, goddammmm.... and the other two sure kick ass as well. This must be furiously GREAT!!

Big thanks Captain Hardrock!

Hardrock69
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey what the hell.

I listened to the boot again last night.

I am going to buy the official live CD this week.

Again, it is not "over the top", exciting, blow your mind material (like say bootlegs from the first few Van Halen tours), but the songwriting is excellent and I have another song from the bootleg stuck in my head right now.

Hardrock69
12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Instead of buying the live CD, I went to FYE and found they had already released the live DVD, filmed at the same show the live CD was taken from.

I just watched it again today (about the seventh time I have watched it in the past month), and the performances were WAY beyond what was on the bootleg I posted above.

If you like Robin Trower or Jack Bruce at all, or just classic rock in general, or just plain old kickass songwriting, this is very much worth owning.

I highly recommend it.

ELVIS
12-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Wow! cool!!!