PDA

View Full Version : ***National Strike called for Thursday October 29, 2009**

FORD
10-17-2009, 01:41 AM
THURSDAY, OCT 29th
NATIONAL STRIKE FOR
THE AMERICAN MIDDLE AND WORKING CLASSES!!!

TELL OUR GOVERNMENT, THE MEDIA, THE CORPORATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY THAT THE MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES HAVE HAD IT!

Bank CEOS and other executives have bankrupted their companies—and then come running to us for help.

Insurance and pharmaceutical corporations play games with our health and the well-being of our loved ones and focus only on their bottom line.

OUR treasury is run by former Goldman Sachs executives with an open door to Wall St which is allowed to write their own regulation and STEAL billions of our money—-after depleting our pensions. They are not required to account for the money—and are continuing to pay HUGE bonuses to the THIEVES who broke our economy. And no one is prosecuted.

This is economic treason.

Lobbyists and corporations buy our congress and senators to vote for THEIR interests, not OURS.

Our new administration is, sadly, allowing lobbyists and corporations to dictate our legislation and our future.

The top income bracket as recently as 1980 used to pay 70% income tax—and NOW pay LESS than the middle and working classes who have borne the brunt of carrying this economy too long.

THERE ARE NO JOBS.
WAGES HAVE STAGNATED FOR OVER TWO DECADES, and with a too-small job market, wages have fallen even further and employers are taking advantage and exploiting the situation.

ENOUGH!

WE NEED A NATIONAL STRIKE!!

Because of our current Depression and in remembrance of the Stock Market Crash of 1929, the date is:

*** THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29th FOR THIS STRIKE. ***

- NO WORK.
- NO SPENDING.
- DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT DAY.
- DO NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK.

The people in other countries take to the streets when their government and societies are corrupt. We must do this, too.

It’s time for another revolution that will remind us of our power AND remind these criminals why they need to FEAR US.

WE are the economy. WE are the government. This country belongs TO US.

*** THURSDAY, OCT 29th.***
NATIONAL STRIKE OF THE AMERICAN
MIDDLE & WORKING CLASSES

ENOUGH!!

PASS THIS ON …

National Strike Oct 29th (http://nationalstrike.wordpress.com/)

Dr. Love
10-17-2009, 01:42 AM
But I have a big project I'm working on

FORD
10-17-2009, 01:42 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5guC_wP2SFA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5guC_wP2SFA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nitro Express
10-17-2009, 04:08 AM
That's basically what it's going to take. The sooner people wake up and get off the couch and actually make a stand the better. Those in power are counting on the American people being too stupid and lazy to counter them.

Nickdfresh
10-17-2009, 07:31 AM

So do I. I'm conducting a "Don't Believe the Bullshit You Read on the Internetz" forum. It's gonna be awesome!!

sadaist
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
A whole hell of a lot of people in America are currently on a form of strike right now. At least the ones I know aren't buying much stuff every day (yesterday all I bought was 1 cup of coffee and the change of the $10 bill on pump 7). And many don't have any work to go to.

So...business as usual.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm really trying not to use the political point of view, but I really would've like to have seen what kind of shape we'd be in if Bush had, say, a couple more years in office....

Would there be such a clamor to go on strike ?? What condition would the economy be in ??

FORD
10-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Chimpy is definitely to blame for most of this. I'd say the only thing Obama's really done wrong so far, is appoint an economic team, mostly made up of Goldmine Sucks & "Federal" Reserve tools who simply can't be part of a solution, because they ARE the problem.

He needs a visit from the ghosts of Roosevelts past. Hillary was reportedly trying to contact Elanor. Maybe she could bring up Teddy and FDR too? Turn Teddy loose with some trust busting and let Franklin reinstall all the same things he did in the 1930's which saved us from the corrupt banking industry then, and can do so again.

chefcraig
10-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Is it still OK to stay home and drink that day, provided I buy the alcohol the day before? And is watching tv allowed? I mean come on, October 29 is the start of the World Series. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-280.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-MSN-Smileys/)

Nitro Express
10-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I think what's been going on for years is the banking and corporate elite use their huge financial resources to buy politicians and have had a long-term plan on what they want. They back both sides and whoever wins wether it be a Democrat or Republican they fill the cabinet with insiders. Usually giving the banksters what they want makes the public unhappy. Then usually the opposing party wins after the unpopular president is out of office. Now they have a new face to accomplish what the other president couldn't. Right now it's obvious the Goldman Sachs crew are a major factor in this game.

I think Clinton was in the same camp as the Bush family from the start. They both have their rolls in the bigger scheme of things. Rhoad scholars, Skulls and Bones members, CFR members, ect... These clubs all work together even if they are separate.

Obama is the new face but isn't bringing anything new. He's continuing the Bush agenda and selling things Bush couldn't sell to his backers. The bankers have to dupe both the Republicans and Democrats to get what they want out of the system. This has been going on for decades and the political game of ping pong continues and Obama is the new pitchman. He will end up being unpopular and then they will bring in someone else. I see Mitt Romney and Hillary in four years or somebody like Obama who we don't even know about yet.

hideyoursheep
10-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Why not Friday? Make it a 3 day weekend?

Who's the knucklehead that came up with Thursday?

FORD
10-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Is it still OK to stay home and drink that day, provided I buy the alcohol the day before? And is watching tv allowed? I mean come on, October 29 is the start of the World Series. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-280.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-MSN-Smileys/)

Well, if the MLB players union decided to participate in the strike, that would let you off the hook, wouldn't it?

Not that I'm expecting it to happen, because pro athletes ain't exactly "middle or working class".

But as long as you buy the beer and munchies on Wednesday, I guess that's OK. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I was planning on spending the day covered in oil on a bare waterbed mattress with three naked women but if that doesn't work out I'll just get drunk.

FORD
10-17-2009, 05:24 PM
As long as you buy the oil and/or booze beforehand, that's cool.

Nitro Express
10-18-2009, 02:22 AM
I have oil. I have booze. Damn. I might have to buy the women though. Shit! Damn strike!

GAR
10-18-2009, 04:45 AM

FORD got that SEIU email, apparently.

What a fakkin tool.

Mushroom
10-18-2009, 06:04 AM
one day strike? you want to make impact, go on permanent strike. and who's the idiot to plan it for a thursday? goods and retail sales may increase a slight percentage on Wednesday, and then have a flat Thursday, and another spike on Friday! and life back to normal. what's the real benefit of that? i see nada. I have an important project too

Nickdfresh
10-18-2009, 09:01 AM
This won't even be a blip on the media screen, assuming the whole thing isn't an interweb hoax..

thome
10-18-2009, 11:46 AM
YEAP! I got a big project coming up too.

I am getiing started on it this morning sunday is a great time sometime around 11 am.

I am going to be cranking on this project by at least noon today.

By for sure 1 to 2 pm there will be some effort extended toward this outline, I have put down.

I haven't quite put it down yet, but for shure by this evening things are going to be taking shape.

I could wait till this evening say 7 - 8 pm and get ON IT!! stay right withit just, Crank it Down.

If things go cool I could get at least the primary outline ON THE BOOKS by Monday morning and then we are going to GET IT DUNN!!

My noon Monday we could just CRAK!! the coffee will flow and it will just be like Crammed into place.

If things work out next week could be the primary factors needed to swing this into ACTION.

Pull the trigger on this bitch by early November !!!