PDA

View Full Version : Guns N’ Roses CD Tour continues in Canada!!

Pennypacker
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Chinese Democracy is coming to Canada in 2010.

As we told you last week, Axl Rose and his latest lineup of Guns N' Roses have announced a national tour of more than a dozen cities early in the new year, according to online reports.

The tour reportedly kicks off Jan. 13 in Winnipeg and winds its way across the country to Halifax on Feb. 4. This will be the band's first lengthy trek since the release of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album last year, and their first visit to Canada since 2006.

Guns N’ Roses — Rose, Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and DJ Ashba are scheduled to begin rehearsals in Los Angeles shortly, according to a press release. Stay tuned for more information on ticket prices and availability as it becomes available.

GN'R tour dates:

January

13 – Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre

16 – Calgary, AB – Pengrowth Saddledome

17 – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place

19 – Saskatoon, SK – Credit Union Centre

20 – Regina, SK – Brandt Centre

24 – Hamilton, ON – Copps Coliseum

25 – London, ON – John Labatt Centre

27 – Montreal, PQ – Bell Centre

28 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre

31 – Ottawa, ON – Scotiabank Place

February

1 – Quebec City, PQ – Colisee Pepsi

3 – Moncton, NB – Moncton Coliseum

4 – Halifax, NS – Metro Centre

WACF
10-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Hmmm.....anyone see this version yet?

Something to think about I guess.

Pennypacker
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I caught them in November 06 and Bumblefoot put on quite a show, very underrated. Axl was energetic and his voice was powerful which surprised me. I will always remember that epic encore with November Rain closing it out, with the sparks raining down on Axl on the grand piano.

Hopefully they play all 14 CD tunes this time around.

Seshmeister
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I can just picture all these Canadians struggling home in the early hours of the morning in the middle of Winter because the ginger twat has left them waiting 2 hours before coming on with his cover band.

Make sure you are not relying on public transport to get you home, best to take the huskies with you... :)

WACF
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I can just picture all these Canadians struggling home in the early hours of the morning in the middle of Winter because the ginger twat has left them waiting 2 hours before coming on with his cover band.

Make sure you are not relying on public transport to get you home, best to take the huskies with you... :)

Some of us have cars now.....:biggrin:

Pennypacker
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
AHAAHAHA Sesh...

When I saw them, Bach opened for them. The ticket said 7:30 start time. Bach got on stage around 9,played some classic Row tunes, and left around 10. He came back on around 10:30 saying `Axl`s here everyone, the bands getting ready` etc etc. 11pm and Bach came back on to play some of his recent stuff and he left at 1145. It was 12:15am and everyone was getting restless. Finally, around 1230 the lights went out and the intro to WTTJ was played. We had no ride home at 330am. We walked the streets of downtown Toronto until 5 and a buddys uncle picked us up. I know now what to expect!!!

WACF
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
AHAAHAHA Sesh...

When I saw them, Bach opened for them. The ticket said 7:30 start time. Bach got on stage around 9,played some classic Row tunes, and left around 10. He came back on around 10:30 saying `Axl`s here everyone, the bands getting ready` etc etc. 11pm and Bach came back on to play some of his recent stuff and he left at 1145. It was 12:15am and everyone was getting restless. Finally, around 1230 the lights went out and the intro to WTTJ was played. We had no ride home at 330am. We walked the streets of downtown Toronto until 5 and a buddys uncle picked us up. I know now what to expect!!!

Wow....unreal.

Our arena is on the outer edge of the city....you gotta drive or bus it...no walking.

Diamondjimi
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Saw 'em open for The Cult in '88 @ The C.N.E. . Original lineup, first tour. A hungry band with nothing but the music for baggage. They'll never top it ,imo.
Today? I wouldn't waste my money...:shiznit:

Terry
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Fuckin' hell, who'd a thunk back in the day that Dizzy Reed would be the only member (besides Axl) left from a G n R era that was worth remembering?

Can't he get any other work, or has Axl just kept him on a motherfucker of a retainer?

Must have some dough squirrled away, or the ability to turn wasted time into cash.

Mr. Vengeance
10-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Who gives a fuck?

bueno bob
10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I guess Canada must be the only viable market Axl has left to him.

Well, maybe Germany also...I mean those assholes actually buy Hasselhoff albums, so maybe Axl could find an audience there, too...

BITEYOASS
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Guess you Aussies will have to wait 20 years for the next leg of the Chinese Hypocrisy to occur in your neck of the woods.

binnie
10-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I saw 'em a couple of years ago. The show was very good - tight and note perfect but lacking the danger, the restless abandon, of classic Guns. It was a little.............safe. Axl still has a lot of pressence though.

Didn't hit the stage until 12.30....

Big Troubles
10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Best part of this story is that Axl wont have the energy or "namesake" to tour with Van Halen in the summer...

Golden AWe
10-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and DJ Ashba

This is funny...last saturday, a radio show in Finland asked: "Which band is this and who's missing from this line-up?".

I was thinking...hey, I know Dizzy Reed...must be his old band back in the 80's, before he played on GNR...not the slightest idea

the answer was of course "Axl Rose" but who the hell knows this kind of stuff, like the current GNR line-up or it's players background...haahhah

Goldfinger
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Never did dig Chinese Democracy... the band lost it's edge and tone, as well as that vibe. Then again, it isn't even "the band" anymore.

DlocRoth
10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Never did dig Chinese Democracy... the band lost it's edge and tone, as well as that vibe. Then again, it isn't even "the band" anymore.

The album lacks a lot.

Having said that, "Better" is classic Axl.

But one cut does not an album make.

FORD
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Did Vomit Retriever ever find a new singer after Weiland had his 895th relapse and quit/got fired?

If they did, I haven't heard anything about it. It's really time for Ax-hole, Slash, Izzy, and Duff to work this shit out and be a goddamn band again. And probably Matt Sorum. Anyone who saw "Celebrity Rehab" knows that Adler isn't going to be able to do it. Not now, not ever.

yah
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not suprised to see NO Vancouver,BC concert date after Axl bailed last time and there was a harsh riot.
He's probably banned from GM Place for life...lol

WACF
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Live Nation have announced that SEBASTIAN BACH and DANKO JONES will support GUNS N' ROSES.

Sebastian Bach...may be OK.

Danko Jones...outstanding band live.

That may be a decision maker for me...Maybe we can all walk out when Axl hits the stage.

binnie
10-29-2009, 04:32 AM
Baz puts on a great show, and Danko Jones - whilst a little underwhelming on record - RULE live.

Then you'll be waiting 7 hours for Axl