PDA

View Full Version : Right Brain vs Left Brain

Candy Girl
10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Does your right side of your brain rule or the left? Watch the girlie and see. So which are you?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2007/10/05/1111114/577592-the-right-brain-vs-left-brain-test.gif

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/the-right-brain-vs-left-brain/story-e6frev20-1111114577583

ThrillsNSpills
10-22-2009, 10:55 PM
right brained.
and it's hard to see her spinning in the other direction
but it is possible

FORD
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
If you concentrate on the foot that hits the ground, you can see the dancer spinning in either direction. What does this mean, though, that we are mentally ambidextrous?

I was just about to say the same thing. I've seen her going both directions.

Probably has a lot to do with why I can't sleep worth a shit - the two sides of my brain are always arguing with each other.

Dr. Love
10-23-2009, 12:55 AM
I can see both at will. But I've already tested as using both equally.

WACF
10-23-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't know...does it just switch after a bit...or do we really see both.

kwame k
10-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Watched it, thought one way......went and got a brew and it's the other way, too.....

FORD
10-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Watched it, thought one way......went and got a brew and it's the other way, too.....

Keep drinking while your watching it. At least then when you start killing brain cells, you'll know which side they're coming from :bottle:

Candy Girl
10-23-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm going with predominantly right brained since it always starts out that way when I refer back to it after a few minutes, but I can switch it at will.

Seshmeister
10-23-2009, 07:51 AM
If you concentrate on the foot that hits the ground, you can see the dancer spinning in either direction. What does this mean, though, that we are mentally ambidextrous?

No it just means you are bi-curious... :)

SparkieD
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
When I look at her, she's going one way, but if I look away quickly and look back, she' s goin' the other.

Someone once told me I have a busy mind.

Anonymous
10-23-2009, 07:23 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? There's no way she turns around. She's always going clockwise.

Then again, I'm drunk. I'll try this when I'm sober.

Cheers! :bottle:

Seshmeister
10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Hah

This is all very strange.

I looked at this thread earlier twice and she was going clockwise and now I'm a little refreshed she is going anti clockwise.

That would mean that booze makes me more analytical and logical?

Nickdfresh
10-23-2009, 08:55 PM
She's going clockwise and can't fuckall see how it could look any different. Perhaps I'm very right brained and slightly psychotic...

Although, I do not tend to believe in an absolute dichotomy of the brain as one can be both creative and logical....

Seshmeister
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Your brain is definitely split in half.

You only need to move your right foot in little circles clockwise and then try and move your right hand the other way.

It's obviously complete and utter bullshit that the way you see a silhouette turn is in any way connected to that though. It's because of the way the brain processes this optical illusion randomly. Just a bit of fun.

Ally_Kat
10-23-2009, 10:01 PM

I can change the direction as I stare at it. I haven't been tested as such, though.

However, I am left-handed and I've noticed that as I get older I'm able to do more and more with my right hand, including writing. There's been a lot of studies of lefties becoming less left-handed as they get older. Something about increased/matured nerve connections between the hemispheres...

Dr. Love
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah. I can change the direction by watching it as well. You just have to think about it differently to see each direction. Once I set it to appear to be turning one way it will stay until I think about it going the other way ... then it's stuck that way. I can get it to look like it never turns around, either, either with her front to me and her right leg swinging back and forth or her back to me with her left leg swing back and forth

Nitro Express
10-24-2009, 05:53 AM
She naturally spins clockwise for me but if I really concentrate I can spin her counterclockwise and once she gets going that way it's easier to get her spinning back clockwise.

When I do left brained tasks I do notice I have to concentate and get into a zone. I can't multitask right and left very well. I have to shift gears to do mathmetical stuff and then shift gears to be creative. Doing both at the same time is a mind fuck. I can do one or the other.

Nitro Express
10-24-2009, 06:01 AM
She has a nice body shape. Bathe here and send her to my tent.

Nabakov
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
This test proves nothing if it leads NickD to make the claim that he is right brained.

Coyote
10-25-2009, 05:40 AM
I guess I'm a right-brainer, since she keeps spinning clockwise...

No matter how much I stare.

ZahZoo
10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Started right brained... then played with it for couple of minutes and could change directions at will.

Once I got to that I could control it and change it at 180 degree intervals preventing it from making a full circle in either direction. The key is focusing on the bottom foot and the shadow reflection, then alternating the focus up or down...

Next test??

lesfunk
10-25-2009, 01:07 PM
clockwise only

thome
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
What is with this spinning you all are talking about, your all NUTZ ?

It is just a cut out of the female shape like on my mudflaps on my truck.

EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhawwww wwwwwwww!!

Sitt'n on a porch picking banjo da na na na na na na,.. all the moonshine baby day!!!

FORD
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Some see the dancer clockwise... some see her counter-clockwise. "Nabakov" sees her as a naked 12 year old.

lesfunk
10-25-2009, 08:42 PM
oh my, I just returned and she was spinning counter clockwise.
I started staring at her nipple shadow and she started spinning clockwise.
My right testicle took over

Nabakov
10-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Some see the dancer clockwise... some see her counter-clockwise. "Nabakov" sees her as a naked 12 year old.

I honestly hadn't. Something on your mind, Ford?

Goldfinger
10-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Keep drinking while your watching it. At least then when you start killing brain cells, you'll know which side they're coming from :bottle:

HAHAHHAHAHA

Great way to start the morning!

Anyways - I saw it both directions too. First it was counter clockwise. But now it's only clockwise. Pretty trippy, huh?

ZahZoo
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
oh my, I just returned and she was spinning counter clockwise.
I started staring at her nipple shadow and she started spinning clockwise.
My right testicle took over

LMAO

Typical Les...

Anonymous
10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Still clockwise, and I haven't had a drop today.

Can't change it.

You guys are psychos. :)

Nickdfresh
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
This test proves nothing if it leads NickD to make the claim that he is right brained.

I made no such claim, dickhead. In fact, I think I was one of the ones saying what little it proved...

Besides, I now can see it going counterclockwise as well...

Susie Q
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I predominately saw it go clockwise, then concentrated on her foot and then it started to spin counter clockwise.

Anonymous
10-30-2009, 04:04 PM
What do you mean? I'm straight edge, yet I saw the dancer spinning in both directions. :)

I mean, you guys are staring at a shadow spinning around and make it change direction in your minds.

Now, read that again.

Puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?

And no, I am NOT pissed off just because I'm the only one who can't make it change direction. Well, I may be, a little bit, but that's beside the point.

ZahZoo
10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
I mean, you guys are staring at a shadow spinning around and make it change direction in your minds.

Now, read that again.

Puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?

And no, I am NOT pissed off just because I'm the only one who can't make it change direction. Well, I may be, a little bit, but that's beside the point.

Not any big deal... who can do what and who can't... but the human brain has a lot of untapped abilities most people never even consider.

You can actually do more than just manipulate your visual perception if you work at it and try. You can adjust and control your respiriatory, heart rate, blood pressure and immune systems to a certain degree.

Point is... excersize your brain. Try it.

Angel
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
I can make it go whichever direction I want, and get her doing the swinging foot thing. Pretty interesting, and yes, exercising the brain is very important! I just finished directing a play with a cast of seniors and it wasn't hard to tell which ones exercised their brains and which didn't - I had one actor who was off script the second rehearsal (which is unbelievable - even for young actors!). Another never made it off, and I had to have her wired for the performance. The one who knew his lines had gone through some serious health issues and on bed rest for almost a year. He occupied his time doing various puzzles. "The proof is in the pudding", I say.

Anonymous
10-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Not any big deal... who can do what and who can't... but the human brain has a lot of untapped abilities most people never even consider.

You can actually do more than just manipulate your visual perception if you work at it and try. You can adjust and control your respiriatory, heart rate, blood pressure and immune systems to a certain degree.

Point is... excersize your brain. Try it.

Agreed with the untapped abilities. We're stupid so we can remain sane, or something like that.

Anyways, what I have learned to do is stretch time by falling into a semi-conscious state, which helps me alot whenever I feel like getting up early.

I wake up, and then slip into that state where I am awake, but not fully conscious.

I can get something from 20-60 minutes of lying in bed lazily in under 10 minutes, depending on how deep it is. It's really cool.

Anyways, regarding the dancer, whenever I'm tipsy - like now - I see her spinning to the right, as always, but apparently faster.

Blackflag
10-31-2009, 07:57 PM
This test doesn't have anything to do with being right brained or left brained... Fuck, this is stupid.

Sensible Shoes
11-06-2009, 08:59 AM

You've been tested for MUCH more than that!!!!