PDA

View Full Version : Viewer spooked by Halloween decorations in sex offender's yard

FORD
10-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Viewer spooked by Halloween decorations in sex offender's yard

Last Update: 10/26 6:48 pm

http://13gb.com/media/images/happyhalloween08.jpg
A yard full of Halloween decorations has one woman spooked.

A viewer contacted 17 News concerned a registered sex offender is attracting children to his home by putting dozens of Halloween decorations in his yard. However, the Kern County Sheriff's Department says the decorations are legal because the sex offender is not on parole or probation.

According to his same sex spouse, registered sex offender Andy "Nabakov" Taylor lives in his Rosedale home with his family, including his grandson.

The Megan's Law website says Taylor was charged with "continuous sexual abuse to a child." However, his life partner told 17 News the crime happened 12 years ago, and he says his husband has changed.

Neighbor Nichelle Mason says the home is decorated on every holiday. She thinks the decorations should stay.

"He has been a very nice neighbor," Mason said. "I had a flat tire one time and he helped me fixed the flat. So I wouldn't see any harm in it. I know he has a young grandson himself, a little boy, so I've seen him around kids, his own kids, so it wouldn't bother me about his decorations."

Roy Moerike has a young grandson and wants the law to be followed.

"If the law says they cannot light up their decorations on Halloween night, then that's the way it should be," Moerike explained.

"That's the law. I didn't make it. The people made it. As far as the rest of it goes, I think he's just as free as I am to do what he wants to do. We have to at least respect the fact that he had 12 years since his ... and paid his price. I do believe the community should be more aware of who lives around them."

The California Department of Corrections website says sex offenders' homes can't have outside lights or decorations on Halloween, but the rules only apply to offenders who are on parole or probation. Detective Bill Hakker confirmed Taylor is not on parole or probation. Therefore, the decorations are legal.

If you want to know if a sex offender is living in your neighborhood, log on to the Megan's Law website: California Megan's Law - California Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General (http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov)

lesfunk
10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I searched on my local registry only to find 2 of my customers are convicted offenders.
I was surprised to say the least

FORD
10-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey, "13gb.com".......

SUCK MY ASS, you pathetic little tweaker bitches!! :mad0248:

http://i38.tinypic.com/mkevdf.jpg

kwame k
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice Andy Taylor reference!

Diamondjimi
10-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Ahaha... what up, my alias? :biggrin:

kwame k
10-29-2009, 12:21 AM
You should know what's up....since you are me:hee:

Dr. Love
10-29-2009, 01:00 AM
awesome

btw FORD you noob don't hotlink.

FORD
10-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I see that board is registered to someone in San Antonio.

Friend of yours, Doc? ;)

Diamondjimi
10-29-2009, 01:59 AM
You should know what's up....since you are me:hee:

Hello me, it's me again!

:biggrin: