PDA

View Full Version : What's the next bad thing Congress will do?

GAR
10-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Here's a thread to predict what the next trouble our Congressional misrepresentatives have waiting in store, once this health insurance legislation fails to pass!

What will it be? I have a few guesses of my own, let me share mine and then you can make some guesses of your own.. think of the next bill as something huge, unmanageable, of vital urgency, and of an order of magnitude so vast it's going to hurt the country for a full generation of taxpayers' taxes.. and it's got to be thrown at us so fast, at the last minute there's not gonna be any time to read what's in it.

Here's my picks:

1. Carbon Tax aka Cap n Trade.. Al Gore's secret sauce, selling us all air! AIR fucking oxygen, water, and nitrogen. He's selling us the right to the air we breathe.

2. Activating Selective Service: we could use 100,000 troops but the Pentagon asked for only 40,000. Barry is considering sending only 15,000 to Afghanistan, Iran is about to start an all-out attack on it's neighbors.

If Iran sends a nuke on Israel, they'll fuckin toast all Iran's major cities before they have the last word on it - which will piss off all the Muslims meaning, we'll have to go kill 'em all. I think we're within 5 years of that realistically, though it could happen overnite.

3. Another successful terrorist attack, invoking mandatory national ID cards and curfews.. special papers you'll have to carry allowing 2nd shift work or night crew work transit.

4. Doubling the property tax to the Feds to pay for everything.

What do you think? Congress keeps passing bills they don't read, costing us our freedoms and all our tax money - so since it's a joke to them, let's make it a joke to us.

Lets imagine some ridiculous, stupid examples of a bogeyman issue, and see if we could apply it to modern-day Congress for a laff!

Seshmeister
10-30-2009, 06:54 AM
I think he may grab the moon and stick it in his pants.

I'm going to be really annoyed when he does this and not just because he's black. It will make it hard to find my way back from the pub late at night and who knows how it will affect the tides?

ELVIS
10-30-2009, 07:11 AM
They have a moon in Scotland ??

:elvis:

Seshmeister
10-30-2009, 07:28 AM
We've had one for ages.

Did you know that it shines because it reflects the suns light?

ELVIS
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
No way!

Seshmeister
10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes way!

Apparently Genesis is completely wrong about that one.

Another one of God's off days. :)

sadaist
10-30-2009, 02:20 PM
invoking mandatory national ID cards

If they ever did something like this, would it remove the necessity of a state ID/Driver's license? I mean, we already need to have an ID, whether it be a state gov. issued license or plain identification card (both obtainable from the DMV).

FORD
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
If they ever did something like this, would it remove the necessity of a state ID/Driver's license? I mean, we already need to have an ID, whether it be a state gov. issued license or plain identification card (both obtainable from the DMV).

Some of the "enhanced" Licenses already available in some states, would probably qualify. They will get you across the border to & from Canada or Mexico without a passport. A little pricier than the old school driver's license, but if you live in a border state and make enough trips either north or south, but not to any other countries off the continent, it's a reasonable alternative to a passport, which will run you $120

kwame k
10-30-2009, 04:07 PM
The National ID Act has been around since 2005 and was supposed to go into effect in 2008, so this is old news.

Is it a good idea? Like everything it has it's pluses and minuses. Easier way of tracking people and would put us all in a national database. I personally like to fly under the radar and I am not a big fan of our government having access to every aspect of my life or travels but........it would make it harder for the bad guys to run to another state to escape their criminal pasts.

I'm really on the fence on this one.......

Nickdfresh
10-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Some of the "enhanced" Licenses already available in some states, would probably qualify. They will get you across the border to & from Canada or Mexico without a passport. A little pricier than the old school driver's license, but if you live in a border state and make enough trips either north or south, but not to any other countries off the continent, it's a reasonable alternative to a passport, which will run you $120

Yup, gonna git me one of those....

sadaist
10-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I would be more in favor of it if somehow it removed the need for a state drivers license, state ID card, and social security card. If it were some type of national all-in-one card I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, if it is an addition to everything else we are required to have...FUCK NO. Just another bureaucracy to stand in line, pay fees, and register every 3-5 years.

Hell, maybe they could even amend it to include my annual fishing license.

bueno bob
10-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Is it bad that I groan at Gar before I even read what he posts, or am I just being proactive?