PDA

View Full Version : Life the Universe and everything

Seshmeister
10-30-2009, 11:01 PM
This is great, big science explained in a way we can all just about understand.

Everyone should watch this guy...

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ImvlS8PLIo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ImvlS8PLIo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

Nabakov
10-31-2009, 03:43 AM
They blinded people with

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/images/magnus_pyke_science.jpg

The earth is warming up! Our cities will be submerged!! We gotta reduce the C02 or we gonna dieeeeeeeeeee!!! :( :( :(

Nitro Express
10-31-2009, 04:34 AM
What about the photon belt? Solar flares? Mass coronal ejections? Are we fucked? It all depends on what fucked is. The simple fact is: Nobody gets out of here alive.

Nitro Express
10-31-2009, 04:47 AM
Basically this video is all about the more we learn the more we learn we don't know anything. Like he said, scientists like mystery. The laws of physics are relative to where you are in the universe and what universe you are in. That's your dark energy and string theory coming into play. We are learning that Nutonian physics don't apply across the board.

Coyote
10-31-2009, 05:00 AM
I'm sorry, but the correct answer to "Life, the Universe and Everything" is either 42 (for those of you who don't like to think about shit like this) or "It's all in the mind"...

ELVIS
10-31-2009, 08:55 AM
So, science admittedly knows nothing except that religion knows even less ??

ELVIS
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaKryi3605g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaKryi3605g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LMAO~!!

:elvis:

letsrock
10-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Stumped is an under statement.

ZahZoo
10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
The point I got is the scientific model supports and can be mathematically proved that we started from nothing without the help of anything... In other words this "life" and universe developed without some being or thing creating it.

Nitro Express
10-31-2009, 08:01 PM
What came first the chicken or the egg?

I think we are all participants in a game called "Mindfuck".

Panamark
11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Meh...

He still has to refer to Einstein to backup most of his theories.

I always love how these theorists hit you with "their new shiny truth"
and then name drop back to the classics..

Interesting theories, but without serious consideration to
parallel universes, he is an amusing man. Anyone on a
soap box can convince us temporarily of anything.

There are serious experiments happening right now that
will make him have to rewrite his entertaining self
assesment and lecture. But thankgod for Einstein, hey !!
Fuck, I was getting into it, but he had to keep jumpin
back to Albert...... Which weakens any new argument....

Did he say Einstein was wrong ? No.....

Time and Space by nature are contracting and expanding.

Meh...

Panamark
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
The point I got is the scientific model supports and can be mathematically proved that we started from nothing without the help of anything... In other words this "life" and universe developed without some being or thing creating it.

In other words something science should be contemplating.

Without science we would all be sailing our boats off the edge
of the earth. Now before you laugh, in the timescale of universal
existance, that theory is modern.

When Science decides it has the answer, it is no longer science.
All we can measure is space, time and matter....

And increasingly whats inbetween.

A great scientist never closes the book, or his mind.

BITEYOASS
11-01-2009, 10:54 AM
"I don't know what's gonna happen man. But I hope to get my kicks before the whole shit-house goes up in flames." - Jim Morrison :D

ZahZoo
11-01-2009, 11:03 AM
What came first the chicken or the egg?

I think we are all participants in a game called "Mindfuck".

The answer is simple... neither came first. What came first is the evolution of a bird like, egg laying, reproductive creature that through natural selection and genetic mutation became to be what we call a chicken.

ELVIS
11-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Without science we would all be sailing our boats off the edge
of the earth.

Isaiah 40:22

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

ZahZoo
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Meh...

He still has to refer to Einstein to backup most of his theories.

I always love how these theorists hit you with "their new shiny truth"
and then name drop back to the classics..

Interesting theories, but without serious consideration to
parallel universes, he is an amusing man. Anyone on a
soap box can convince us temporarily of anything.

There are serious experiments happening right now that
will make him have to rewrite his entertaining self
assesment and lecture. But thankgod for Einstein, hey !!
Fuck, I was getting into it, but he had to keep jumpin
back to Albert...... Which weakens any new argument....

Did he say Einstein was wrong ? No.....

Time and Space by nature are contracting and expanding.

Meh...

I think what he was doing was combining a history lesson in how the science got here via now proved correct or almost correct theories developed in the last few hundred years.

What's amazing is it took hundreds of years to get here... but then the knowledge leap in the last 40 years is 400 times greater than the 400 years it took to get here.

You are correct in the next 4 years they will probably rewrite a good portion of the wizbang stuff we're so proud of today. The exponential leap in computing power really will take us where no man has gone before...

I just hope that we don't get too smarty-pants about it all with the experimentation mucking with the little stuff that we fuck up the whole balance of things because we don't know enough about the big picture of the things we're playing with...

I enjoyed the humor injected into the science though from this guy!!

Seshmeister
11-01-2009, 12:29 PM
LMAO~!!

I don't get it.

He wasn't stumped, it was just a stupid question.

ELVIS
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Then why didn't he say so ??

Seshmeister
11-07-2009, 05:59 AM
He's very polite.

The clip seems to be criticising him for thinking as he tries to get the wording exactly correct. He has to do this because he knows there are a thousand creationists trying to pick wholes in every nuance of what he says although ironically completely happy to ignore hundreds of crazy verses in the bible. Creationists aren't used to people thinking.

Also Dawkins does not claim to be a god or to write the words of a god. What happens is some bozo says 'Hey how did the wings of a Peruvian cheese beetle evolve? Thats impossible, there must be a god.' Some poor scientist goes to Peru, does 2 years of study, finds all the correct evidence, presents it and then the creationists say 'Well ok but what about the wings of the lesser spotted Peruvian cheese beetle'. The scientist says 'Oh fuck off, you do it' and the creationists reply 'AHA!'.

Golden AWe
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
He's very polite.

The clip seems to be criticising him for thinking as he tries to get the wording exactly correct. He has to do this because he knows there are a thousand creationists trying to pick wholes in every nuance of what he says although ironically completely happy to ignore hundreds of crazy verses in the bible. Creationists aren't used to people thinking.

Plus that is a hoax video. The sounds were edited, the original question is by a male interviewer, and originally asked during the "hesitating" period.