PDA

View Full Version : Even though I have some nice gear, I find myself playing on the cheap shit the most.

Nitro Express
11-01-2009, 07:17 PM
My nice stuff is locked away in the upper part of the barn and in the house in the family room is a cheap Affinity Strat and Epiphone amp. I find myself actually playing this crap more than my nice stuff in the barn. Why? It's out and if the dog chews it or the kids dink with it I don't care. I put some decent pickups in the Strat and the amp has a good distortion peddle in front of it and that's what I find myself jamming on because it's out and available. My youngest daughter drew all over it and the paint is dinged and chipped. It stays in tune decent and the action is pretty good. If anything you can't be slopping because the rig is tottaly unforgiving. So when I do play the good stuff I appreciate it more.

ELVIS
11-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Peddle means to promote, or offer something for sale...

;)

lesfunk
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Why bother to own nice gear if you don't play it?
All my shit is top self and it all gets played.

Sensible Shoes
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
And played well. :)

Nitro Express
11-02-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm going to peddle my pedal.

jhale667
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Pedal-peddler.

Sensible Shoes
11-02-2009, 10:32 PM
pedal-pusher????

GAR
11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I call this type thing a "couch guitar" but the problem I have with couch guitars is the more you play them and adjust them, you start getting tempted to upgrade them.

Then you got parts-money in them, and a paint job. Then they're too good to leave around the house..

What I did this weekend was dig out an old amp, putting together a "couch cab" with pairs of 75's and V30s, and my best guitar for woodshedding.

I'm near the ocean and getting tired of storing everything, so I doubled up on the property insurance.

Hardrock69
11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
What I did this weekend was dig out an old amp, putting together a "couch cab" with pairs of 75's and V30s, and my best guitar for woodshedding.

Sure you did. An imaginary amp, and your best new cardboard guitar.

I'm near the ocean and getting tired of storing everything, so I doubled up on the property insurance.

Can't pay for insurance Garfuckle if you have no money.

GAR
11-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Nitro brings up a very good predicament: why have nice shit if you can't enjoy it?

I'm going to woodshed this winter and clean the frets up, if people walk up off the beach and break in stealing stuff when I'm out then so be it. I really look forward to playing..

jhale667
11-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Had a Squier as a house beater a few years back...we used it for clean tracks, basically...then I built the two "traditional" type Strats I have now, so there was no need for it...sold it to my buddy. It's kinda like giving away a pet, in that I still see it when I go visit...lol

:guitar:

Diamondjimi
11-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Nitro brings up a very good predicament: why have nice shit if you can't enjoy it?

I'm going to woodshed this winter and clean the frets up, if people walk up off the beach and break in stealing stuff when I'm out then so be it. I really look forward to playing..

Why bother cleaning the frets? You said it yourself, you can't tell the difference between new strings and old ones.
Sounds like you have troubles trusting your neighbours...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/tinker2/homeless.jpg

GAR
11-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Out of your last 50 posts, 37 were hammering on me, 3 were nice replys you gave responding to someone addressing somebody else, and 10 was the inches of D-cell jitterbugging you do here nobody really notices.

This is not discussion-board participation. You should leave.

I have you on ignore user, it's true. But you're like the 800-pounds of gorrila shit that the gorilla shit in the room I couldn't stitch a better euphemism to - so dont' be surprised if I reply once in awhile just to keep my ow4rding powers in calibration.

letsrock
11-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Did the Gorilla eat corn recently?

Hardrock69
11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Out of your last 50 posts, 37 were hammering on me, 3 were nice replys you gave responding to someone addressing somebody else, and 10 was the inches of D-cell jitterbugging you do here nobody really notices.

Your posts deserve to be hammered. Well, they do if one has nothing more pressing to do at the moment. It is like preventive maintenance, lest someone get the mistaken notion that your posts have any value at all.

It is sort of like cleaning up after a drunk monkey who is walking down the hallway crapping every now and then on a polished floor.

This is not discussion-board participation. You should leave. If anyone should leave it is you, Garfuckle.

I have you on ignore user, it's true. But you're like the 800-pounds of gorrila shit that the gorilla shit in the room I couldn't stitch a better euphemism to - so dont' be surprised if I reply once in awhile just to keep my ow4rding powers in calibration.

You mean your self-pwning powers, as that is all the 'power' you have. Not only that, you did not achieve this 'power' through any effort on your part. It happens naturally, as there is not enough spark on your topside to light a 2-watt Christmas Tree bulb, much less to have any 'ow4rding' powers, chimp.

Nitro Express
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Polished floors are easy to clean up. It's worse if the drunk money blows runny shit all over clean carpet. The kind of shit that smells like a wet cat mixed with an outhouse.

jhale667
11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I have you on ignore

Which again is the Internet equivalent of

http://msa4.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/035ostrich-head-in-sand_468x538.jpg

ow4rding powers

Store those in the same warehouse with the rest of your imaginary gear? :hee:

Coyote
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going to peddle my pedal.

Just as long you don't backpedal on your peddling of the pedal...

Nitro Express
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Those who backpedal on peddling the pedal get paddled.

jhale667
11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
What happens if the person doing the paddling gets caught backpedaling on peddling the pedal, huh? What THEN??? :biggrin:

Guitar Shark
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I have you on ignore

http://thetorchonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/inigo-montoya.jpg

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Nitro Express
11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
What happens if the person doing the paddling gets caught backpedaling on peddling the pedal, huh? What THEN??? :biggrin:

He goes to a federally owned dwelling for meddling with the peddling.

jhale667
11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
:lmao:

kwame k
11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Love my $50.00 Cort bass.......stays in tune for days.....pickups suck but who cares! Best beater guitar I ever bought!

kwame k
11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
http://thetorchonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/inigo-montoya.jpg

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Nicely played, sir!