PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy: I play fair with my bands

UK ROCKER
11-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Found this, had to post it

Ozzy: I play fair with my bands

Ozzy Osbourne says he always plays fair with the members of his band - despite the recent controvery surrounding the departure of guitarist Zakk Wylde.

Osbourne revealed he'd decided to replace the Black Label Society man in a Classic Rock Magazine interview, without discussing the matter with Wylde himself. And according to Wylde the matter never was discussed, even after Firewind axeman Gus G was revealed as his replacement and gigged with the Big O.

The controversy resulted in multiple comments from Wylde throughout July and August this year, expressing bewilderment because he thought he was still working on the new Ozzy album, then relief after saying it had all been resolved, and finally fury after Osbourne wouldn't "man up" and talk about the decision.

Now the Black Sabbath singer tells Billboard.com he always plays fair with the people he hires.

He says: "All in all I've had great players, great bands, great bands, great gigs, great albums. I ain't got no complaints about it, really.

"I always said to my players, 'If you get a gig you want to do more than this, that's normal - that's natural. All I ask is just to give me a warning when you want out, and give me time to get a replacement.

"I always tried to be fair with the people we were working with. I'm not one of those guys who says, 'You're on my show, you've got to bow when you see me...' That's bullshit."

the link is rockradio Rock Radio :: Ozzy: I play fair with my bands (http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/ozzy-i-play-fair-with-my-bands/tgq4scga/)

Mr Badguy
11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Ha!

Tell that to Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Phil Soussan and everyone else Oz and his boss/wife have fucked over through the years.

Panamark
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
And Randy who Sharon literally fucked....

:019:

Coyote
11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Ozzy Osbourne says he always plays fair with the members of his band

And I'm Hugh Hefner's heir apparent...

chefcraig
11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Ha!

Tell that to Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Phil Soussan and everyone else Oz and his boss/wife have fucked over through the years.

What Ozzy is saying is pretty much the truth: He was always fair with the people in his bands. It's Sharon that is the true "Prince Of Fucking Darkness".

binnie
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
And I'm Hugh Hefner's heir apparent...

Actually, you're second in line behind me :D

bueno bob
11-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Ozzy is a worthless, washed up fuck.

Everybody in the industry, fan or otherwise, knows it.

Coyote
11-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Actually, you're second in line behind me :D

Damn, that mo'fo really got around, didn't he?

So, which issue featured your mom? :biggrin:

binnie
11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
:d :d :d

Seshmeister
11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Ha!

You can add Rudy Sarzo to that list who she never paid either apart from pocket money.

Satan
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm really starting to regret my purchase of Ozzy's soul, back in 1968 http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

ThrillsNSpills
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah Oz is gone. But boy did he ever sing his ass off on Hole in the Sky on the Asbury park 75 boot .

sonrisa salvaje
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Ozzy is a worthless, washed up fuck.

Everybody in the industry, fan or otherwise, knows it.

Well, at least he hasn't sunk to appearing on WWE Raw. Whoops. Scratch that.

Vinnie Velvet
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Found this, had to post it

Ozzy: I play fair with my bands

"I always tried to be fair with the people we were working with. I'm not one of those guys who says, 'You're on my show, you've got to bow when you see me...' That's bullshit."

the link is rockradio Rock Radio :: Ozzy: I play fair with my bands (http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/ozzy-i-play-fair-with-my-bands/tgq4scga/)

Oz may have never said that but I bet Sharon the Cunt did.

DavidLeeNatra
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
does that mean something like..."zakk quit the band...you can't be in two bands..."

just asking?

yah
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I think Ozzy with this recent quote is just enjoying being the f*^*'ing prick that he really is.
Zack was outsed, true Sharon/Oz style and they are just relishing it, as per usual....lol

Vinnie Velvet
11-10-2009, 03:40 PM
does that mean something like..."zakk quit the band...you can't be in two bands..."

just asking?

Sounds about right. Yeah.

:D

bueno bob
11-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm going to do everybody the favor, seriously...if I ever happen to be on the street and run across them at all, honest to God, I'm going to kick Ozzy right the fuck in the head and bitchslap $haron so hard she won't be able to see straight for a month.

I mean, fuck, what are they gonna sue me for? LOL

And I'll be doing a community service to the metal world at large.

binnie
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Whenever I listen to the first two Ozzy records, it makes me think how sad it is to see the figure he's become....

lesfunk
11-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I just close my eyes and pretend Ozzy was in that plane back in 1982

Golden AWe
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I just close my eyes and pretend Ozzy was in that plane back in 1982

Imagine what a legend he'd be now...all the recent worst shite would've not existed, and he'd be worshipped like the Jim Morrison of heavy metal.

lesfunk
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies

Golden AWe
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies

exactly, exactly.

Terry
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Ha!

Really.

After the Diary fiasco, Daisley only went back to work with Osbourne on a contingency basis for each endeavour, negotiating individual deals for each album and tour he worked on post-1981. He learned his lesson.

Surprised Wylde was taken aback by any of this.

Terry
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies

:hee:

Hardrock69
11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Just finished work on an Ozzy show. Friend recorded the 1989 Tower Theater PPV in it's entirety on VHS. Intermission videos, before and after interviews, everything.

Problem was he barely got home in time, and grabbed the nearest tape he could, recorded on 6-hour speed over a previously recorded TV movie.

So, seeing as how he had a master recording, such as it was, I told him I would transfer it to DVD for him.

The good news is that I cleaned up the video nicely and remastered the audio.
MUCH better.

But that is not exactly what my point is.

Point is, that show his band was SHIT HOT. And his voice was perfect.

Well, perfect for Ozzy anyways. His voice did not crack once. He sang the songs perfectly.

What I am saying is that the performance by the entire band (Geezer, Zakk, Randy, Ozzy) was absolutely first rate!

He is not on a level vocally like the guys in the band are on their instruments, but that is ok. It does suck though when one sees him live and he sounds like shit.

I saw him with Randy in February of 1982 just one month before Randy died. Incredible band. I am blown away to be able to say I saw Randy that one time. Ozzy voice sucked fucking ass that night. :D

Sure I bitch about the stupid fucking reality show.

And Sharon is a goddamnable fucking kunt.

And so on.

But, Ozzy is one of THE Godfathers of Heavy Metal.

It was HIS voice that (with the guys in Sabbath) gave rise to the first true Heavy Metal band in the late 60s, and even though he has had a revolving door thing going on with his musicians as a solo act (and has fucked a lot of them in the ass financially), he HAS had the best of the best musicians in his band, has written 40 fucking years of amazing metal, and is an Icon not just in Metal or Music, but in Pop Culture.

Love him/hate him, he is just Ozzy.

Now, as for the kunt. As much as I wish her ass would fall out of her face, if I were married I would want to be with a chick who would fight for me like a rabid cat if it came down to it.

That's what marriage is all about, isn't it?

Ozzy is a goddamned lucky motherfucker to have someone like her around to keep him on track, and to tear people a new asshole in defense of Ozzy.

But I still would love to kick her fucking kunt HARD just for the Iron Maiden incident in San Bernardino if nothing else. And Ozzy should wear the pants in the family. Not her.

She got a free ride. Rich daddy. Rich rockstar boyfriend. She thinks all that gives her free license to be a fucking kunt.

Fuck her.

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Ozzy never wrote a thing...

His only contributions to creating his music is some of the melodies and the the occasional "yeah."

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 12:51 AM
This song os so much better than I gave it credit at the time...

Ozzy sounds great!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGhKFagTIz0&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGhKFagTIz0&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Trapped in a lonely body
I'm losing control
Can't show my emotions
And I'm losing my soul
Could it be that I'm obsessed
With feeding my disease?
I couldn't make it known
The hidden things that no one sees

Yeah, loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser

Fighting a losing battle
Pretending to win
Repenting to holy unknowns
Pretending to sin
All I do is hide the wounds
Where blood just won't congeal
Couldn't ever take my soul
'Cos isn't there to steal

Yeah, loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser, now

Though I'm the loser, there is no winner
There's nothing left to win
The hidden reasons now in deletion
Are lost in sin
So heed my warning, the time is dawning
I'll tell you, here's the twist
The truth is lying, below the surface
I don't exist

Loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser, now

Seeing is not believing
It don't mean a thing
Although it appears to be that
The loser is king
I can understand that what you see
You think is real
But underneath the surface
Is a wound that cannot heal

Yeah, loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser
Loser
I'm a secret loser

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
This is awesome as well...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgQi8-zVTnE&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgQi8-zVTnE&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I'm sick and tired of your excuses
Can't deal with living anymore
I'll give you reasons to continue
While you lie writhing on the floor

I'll wash away your lies
And have you hyptotized
There'll be no compromise today
I'll share your life of shame
I think you know my name
I'll introduce myself today

I'm the demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
I'll get you

If you could deal with your reflection
I'm sure you'd see into my eyes
There'll be no need for resurrection
Let's drink to people of the lies

Although that one's too much
You know ten's not enough
I'll watch you lose control
Consume your very soul

I'm the demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
Ha ha, demon alcohol (demon alcohol)
Let's party

I'm sick and tired of resolutions
You've quit me time and time again
Don't speak of suicide solutions
You took my hand, I'm here to stay

This time it's you or me
I'll never set you free
So satisfy your lust
Too much can't be enough

I'm the demon alcohol (the demon alcohol)
Ha ha, demon alcohol, (the demon alcohol)
Let's party

Satan
11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Ozzy never wrote a thing...

His only contributions to creating his music is some of the melodies and the the occasional "yeah."

That's probably not entirely true. I think he tried to write some lyrics in Sabbath..... but they never made it to the records.

Case in point.....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIPlSVN1hk4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIPlSVN1hk4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Witches gather at black masses
Bodies burning in red ashes
On the hill the church in ruin.
Is the scene of evil doings
It's a place for all bad sinners
Watch them eating dead rats' innards.
I guess it's the same, where ever you may go
Oh lord yeah

Carry banners which denounce the lord
See me rocking in my grave
See them anoint my head with dead rat's blood
See them stick the stake through me
Oh

Don't hold me back cause I just gotta go
They've got a hold of my soul now
Lords got my brain instinct with blood obscene
Look in my eyes I'm there enough
Yeah

On the scene a priest appears
Sinners falling at his knees
Satan sends out funeral pyre
Casts the priest into the fire
It's the place for all bad sinners.
Watch them eating dead rats' innards
I guess it's the same, where ever you may go
Oh lord yeah

Satan
11-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I kinda like that version myself, but then...... I'm the Devil! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Hmmm...

Check this out...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbjDIJAGHwU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbjDIJAGHwU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:18 AM
That seems like a hard song to sing live...

He sounds great once he's into it...

Props to Ozzy!!!

Panamark
11-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Zakk got to ride the crazy train longer than any other guitarist for Ozzy
(excluding Iommi). If they threw out yet another Zakk/Ozzy album, would
we be interested ? I dont think I even listened to the last one.
Could be a good move to break the predicability. (And a really worn
formula) I have no idea who this new dude is, but knowing its a new
dude has me wanting to hear the record.

As for the way in which Zakk was dumped, should anyone be
surprised ? He got good mileage, and he has been able to
do his own thing on the side. I dont feel sorry for him ?
I think they needed to split 4 albums ago...
(Maybe further)

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5yHRmpv5mc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5yHRmpv5mc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 09:38 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TExlJh8WE3c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TExlJh8WE3c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

:biggrin:

Golden AWe
11-11-2009, 10:35 AM
This is a funny song...a b-side for BARK AT THE MOON

YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne-Spiders In The Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suz-1B17DHs)

UK ROCKER
11-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I saw Ozzy and Randy in 1981 supporting Motorhead at The Heavy Metal Holocaust one dayer. When Randy did his solo spot at one point it looked like Ozzy was pulling Randy around the stage by his hair! Fantasic band, good times.

Seshmeister
11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
This is a funny song...a b-side for BARK AT THE MOON

YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne-Spiders In The Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suz-1B17DHs)

On the UK version we got this as the last song instead of Slow Down.

In those pre internet days it was a couple of years before we ever even heard Slow Down which I think is a better track.

Nowadays I think everyone gets both...?

sonrisa salvaje
11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, everyone gets both now but its not Jake E Lee on guitar is it?

78/84 guy
11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Ozzy. It's over bud. Your voice is gone !! RETIRE PLEASE.

Seshmeister
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, everyone gets both now but its not Jake E Lee on guitar is it?

Who else would it be???

Golden AWe
11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Who else would it be???

Desmond Child?

kwame k
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Desmond Child?

Isn't it funny how Desmond sucks the life out of every band he writes for.

jhale667
11-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I saw him with Randy in February of 1982 just one month before Randy died. Incredible band. I am blown away to be able to say I saw Randy that one time.

Me too...will have to check my ticket stub, but think it was 2/03 -and I still liken it to a religious experience. Definitely life-changing. :notworthy:

:guitar:

More like sad...

Coyote
11-12-2009, 03:20 AM

It's called "guaranteed mainstream radio-hits"...

And he can have Bon Jovi.

ELVIS
11-12-2009, 09:05 AM
This is a cool clip...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dz3uSJ575eQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dz3uSJ575eQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

sonrisa salvaje
11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Who else would it be???

For some reason i thought Ozzy and Sharon had remixed it with Zak's guitar on there to take Jake out of the royalty loop.

lesfunk
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM

He also sucks the Jizz out of every band he writes for... or at least tries to.

Seshmeister
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
For some reason i thought Ozzy and Sharon had remixed it with Zak's guitar on there to take Jake out of the royalty loop.

Not yet but they will if he ever comes looking for royalties.

I read somewhere he is destitute in Vegas...

sonrisa salvaje
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Damn, i hate that for the guy. I always enjoyed his playing.

Seshmeister
11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Have you seen their rehearsal stuff on YouTube?

There is a whole set up there.

It's kind of sad to think that Jakes daughter there will be mid 20s now, is apparently estranged from her dad and of course Ray Gillan died of AIDS just a few years after this.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hvDkO75Wdqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hvDkO75Wdqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

binnie
11-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Not yet but they will if he ever comes looking for royalties.

I read somewhere he is destitute in Vegas...

They'd have to find someone who can play the outro solo on 'Bark At The Moon' first. Zakk never even came close.

Thanks for the Badlands clip - God they were good.

Seshmeister
11-13-2009, 07:12 AM
That's maybe too much, just call me sir or Sesh.

binnie
11-13-2009, 07:15 AM
:D

A few other names pop into my head......

Seshmeister
11-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Like 'boring old fart'.

The first thing I thought when I saw that rehearsal video was that it would be too loud for the kids ears and that Jake shouldn't be smoking in an enclosed space beside her... :)

ELVIS
11-13-2009, 07:41 AM
That sounds like Whitesnake with Jake on guitar...

ELVIS
11-13-2009, 10:04 PM
http://demolition.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ozzy_dio.jpg

Seshmeister
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
"So did you worry that you would be typecast as Carla Tortelli?"

Terry
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
They'd have to find someone who can play the outro solo on 'Bark At The Moon' first. Zakk never even came close.

Thanks for the Badlands clip - God they were good.

That really was a fantastic bit...probably one of the most effective things Jake did with Ozzy.

Seemed like it wouldn't be TOO tough to play, but it's a bitch to get it sounding precise and smooth.

GAR
11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Whenever I listen to the first two Ozzy records, it makes me think how sad it is to see the figure he's become....

- quit checkin out mens figures, fag!

Seshmeister
11-13-2009, 11:33 PM
No it is very tough to play.

I think I was the first around here to point out that after nearly 20 years Zak still couldn't play it.

I'm surprised they didn't just put it on a fucking tape for him to mime to...

FORD
11-13-2009, 11:40 PM

Here's the irony.... all the years both of those guys played with Sabbath, yet the only time they ever played the same show, neither one was in the band.

(US Festival of course.... you can tell by Ozzy's mullet.)

Of course it could have happened again in Santa Monica in 1992, but Dio pussied out of that one and they had to bring Halford in as (dare I say it) a "switch hitter"

UK ROCKER
11-14-2009, 06:23 AM
I always thought that photo was shopped.

ELVIS
11-14-2009, 11:00 AM
No, but it's a good candidate for caption this!

bueno bob
11-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Here's the irony.... all the years both of those guys played with Sabbath, yet the only time they ever played the same show, neither one was in the band.

Of course it could have happened again in Santa Monica in 1992, but Dio pussied out of that one and they had to bring Halford in as (dare I say it) a "switch hitter"

Putting myself in Ronnie's shoes, I didn't really blame him at the time. Still don't...having the encore with Ozzy really put him in a position of second fiddle for that show, like "Here's the teaser...OK, here's the REAL Black Sabbath" (which, to be fair, it was...at that time).

But the thing remains, it would have been a hard show for anybody in his position to just smile and get through, especially when his contract was technically already up - I mean, why go through it if it wasn't necessary?

The years certainly proved who had the more talent and lasting power of the two, no doubt of that...Ronnie definitely had the last laugh there...

UK ROCKER
11-14-2009, 06:44 PM

Are you sure Ford?

Sunday May 29th:
Quiet Riot [12:10 - 12:50 pm]
Motley Crue [1:20 - 2:20]
Ozzy Osbourne [2:50 -4pm]
Judas Priest [4:30 - 5:40]
Triumph [6:10 - 7:20]
Scorpions [7:55 - 9:10]
Van Halen [10 pm - midnight]

Plus Ozzy's hair in this vid seems a little bit shorter than the pic with Dio.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Pm3G4Ig0GQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Pm3G4Ig0GQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UK ROCKER
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
If Ozzy & Ronnie had teamed up on stage it may have sounded like this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/80maXI2Jdbk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/80maXI2Jdbk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Shit.... I was sure Dio played the US Festival, and the background there looks a lot like the exterior shots I've seen from backstage at Glen Helen Regional Park that day.

Well if it's not from that show, then when the fuck DID they meet?

chefcraig
11-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Shit.... I was sure Dio played the US Festival, and the background there looks a lot like the exterior shots I've seen from backstage at Glen Helen Regional Park that day.

Well if it's not from that show, then when the fuck DID they meet?

Dio and Osbourne's bands shared the bill in 1984 during the Last In Line Tour, playing a couple of festivals in Germany (http://www.dio.net/tour/the_last_in_line.html). Notice who else is on the bill.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9533/amonster.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/amonster.jpg/)

ELVIS
11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I remember that...

UK ROCKER
11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Dio above Ozzy on the line up , now that surprises me.

FORD
11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Now that sounds like one HELL of a show! :eek:

ELVIS
11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I agree, but I remember flyers like that and Dio was NOT listed before Ozzy Osbourne...

At the time, my world revolved around Van Halen and Ozzy and I would have remembered such blasphemy...

Terry
11-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Now that sounds like one HELL of a show! :eek:

Indeed.

Hell, to catch Gary Moore back then, circa Victims Of The Future, before he virtually gave up on rock for his blues revue stuff...

You got Ac/Dc, who probably turn in a great show regardless of whatever album is out, Van Halen with Roth, Accept touring on the heels of Balls To The Wall, Motley Crue before they became a bad joke a la Theater Of Pain, Dio touring for The Last In Line, Ozzy doing the Bark At The Moon stuff...

I would have stayed for the whole thing. Would have been drunk as a skunk by the end of it, though.;)

ELVIS
11-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Hmmm...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTklmHcN8pY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTklmHcN8pY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Bad sound, but whatever... It rocks!

ELVIS
11-14-2009, 11:47 PM
That was great, but check this out!!!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jt9uEqMGsyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jt9uEqMGsyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow, check out Ozzy on this...

I find it hard to even listen to the rest of the band compared to Ozzy...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPk9sRt-w3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPk9sRt-w3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Panamark
11-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Wow, check out Ozzy on this...

I find it hard to even listen to the rest of the band compared to Ozzy...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPk9sRt-w3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPk9sRt-w3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

One of my favourite ever sab songs (dunno why, I think its got that
"other worldly" thing happpening)
Great job live on this clip, except a few moments halfway.
But impressive for sure. In fact the band play it crap..
Ozzy delivers and the Sabs play it half assed...
Nice to see an example of this for a change :)

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I hated Ozzy at this point, but he's actually singing live and doing a hell of a job...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOmrZdklq7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOmrZdklq7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Wine is fine
But whiskey's quicker
Suicide is slow with liquor
Take a bottle drain your sorrows
THEN IT FLOODS AWAY TOMMOROW!!
Evil thoughts and evil doings
Cold, alone you hang in ruins
Thought you'd escape the reaper
You can't escape the master keeper
'Cause you feel life's unreal and you're living a lie
Such a shame who's to blame and you're wondering why
Then you ask from your cask is there life after birth
What you saw can mean hell on this earth
Hell on this earth!!
Now you live inside a bottle
The reaper's travelling at full throttle
It's catching you but you don't see
The reaper is you and the reaper is me
Breaking laws, knocking doors
But there's no one at home
Made your bed, rest your head
But you lie there and moan
Where to hide, suicide is the only way out
Don't you know what it's really about
Wine is fine
But whiskey's quicker
Suicide is slow with liquer
Take a bottle drown your sorrows
THEN IT FLOODS AWAY TOMMOROW

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 11:54 PM
This one is for Sesh...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YtImsQ37Jr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YtImsQ37Jr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Too bad the audio is messed up. I searched for the best version I could find...

Cool YouTube image...

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Ozzy does a gret job in both of those clips...

Jake is awesome as well!!!

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm relieved ozzy can spell fun...:biggrin:

ELVIS
11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
I always thought it was cool he was playing a hardtail strat and making it sound as though he had a whammy...

my '55 is a hardtail and i'm trying my best to hold on to it...

FORD
11-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Why is it that every recording I hear of Ozzy from the Jake era has the goddamn keyboards mixed too loud?

I know Jake was no Randy, but he was good enough NOT to bury under a synthesizer.

Seshmeister
11-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Indeed.

Hell, to catch Gary Moore back then, circa Victims Of The Future, before he virtually gave up on rock for his blues revue stuff...

You got Ac/Dc, who probably turn in a great show regardless of whatever album is out, Van Halen with Roth, Accept touring on the heels of Balls To The Wall, Motley Crue before they became a bad joke a la Theater Of Pain, Dio touring for The Last In Line, Ozzy doing the Bark At The Moon stuff...

I would have stayed for the whole thing. Would have been drunk as a skunk by the end of it, though.;)

The UK leg was played on the radio in full over a few weeks APART from Van Halen who refused permission and Dio who didn't play the UK leg.

We taped it but fuck knows where those tapes are now. Jake said he was terrified beforehand going on between Van Halen and Gary Moore but he played a blinder. I used to listen to that tape a lot, Revelation Mother Earth was particularly good.

Given it was on BBC Radio at the time there must be a bootleg out there somewhere...

Seshmeister
11-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Why is it that every recording I hear of Ozzy from the Jake era has the goddamn keyboards mixed too loud?

The BATM period wasn't too bad for that but all the Ultimate Sin shows are like that. Kind of like Vai era Roth.

Fashion or not I hated it at the time too, some sort of late 80s fad.

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
They had do something to cover Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo's lame attempts...

If you actually listen to the keyboards, Don Airey has some cool Moog stuf happening throughout the songs...

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
It was another guy on the tour whose name escapes me.

It's not good when he is blasting out the riff to Crazy Train or I don't know. It's the same idea as what Tuggle did on Van Halen songs, hellish and clueless.

I played keyboards in bands a bit around 87/88 and any time they did a cover like that I would stop playing or maybe do a little low in the mix string pads just to fill stuff out.

These people like Tuggle were fucking tasteless idiots.

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 09:04 AM
I hated Ozzy at this point, but he's actually singing live and doing a hell of a job...

Well why did you hate him then????

This was during his peak 81-85!

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Well, the costumes, Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo made me sick, many of the songs sucked at the time (although I like them more now) and the original heavyness seemed to be gone...

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:14 AM
But, I still wore my original Blizzard shirt faithfully!!!

binnie
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
What's wrong with Randy Castillo?

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
He sucked, for starters...

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I think you are talking about Ultimate Sin Ozzy rather than BATM Ozzy.

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:54 AM
yeah...

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EvuI8d57N9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EvuI8d57N9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

:gulp:

ELVIS
12-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Is Ozzy actually singing in this clip ??

He even acts like the real Ozzy...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYXEWbwTtHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYXEWbwTtHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The bass player is horrendus...

Diamondjimi
12-09-2009, 10:42 PM
It's fuckin pathetic how Gus G is dry humping the shit out of that annoying Zakk Wylde pinched harmonic shit. He has the chance to make a name for himself, yet he's stinkin the joint with those fucking shit assed, done-to-death, squeals... Just another one of Ozzy's interchangable clones... :rolleyes:

Time for Ozzy to pack it in...

ELVIS
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Jake did it first...

Seshmeister
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Is Ozzy actually singing in this clip ??

He even acts like the real Ozzy...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYXEWbwTtHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYXEWbwTtHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The bass player is horrendus...

Where is the energy in the music, it's a dirge?

Why can't the Ozzy camp find good musicians to carry him any more?

Seshmeister
12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Jake did it first...

Did what?

Jake played the fuck out of Ozzy music.

Nothing Ozzy has done in over 20 years since Jake left has come close to that level.

Doctor Dude
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Did what?

Jake played the fuck out of Ozzy music.

Nothing Ozzy has done in over 20 years since Jake left has come close to that level.

Ain't that the truth. I lost interest in Ozzy shortly after Jake left the band.

Although it was interesting to watch Zakk's transformation from a clean shaven kid with a lot of potential to a drunken grizzly bear.

binnie
12-11-2009, 03:24 AM
He sucked, for starters...

C'mon dude, there's no way he 'sucked'.....

Panamark
12-11-2009, 04:06 AM
I reckon "No rest for the wicked" was a keeper...

If we add the Ozzy solo albums that were great.
easy six pack...

Throw in the original and the best Sabbath, its
a fucking anthology.......

Seshmeister
12-11-2009, 04:56 AM
C'mon dude, there's no way he 'sucked'.....

He had all the songwriting skills of the latest teenage boyband dancer.

20 years and hardly one single decent song!

That's a hell of a legacy.

If you don't believe me believe Ozzy.

Look at the number of Zack songs in his 20 fucking years that are in Ozzys set.

Have you ever heard Black Label Society? Their songs make Chickenfoot sound like they are groundbreakingly original...

As far as his lead playing goes, his one trick pony style got old quick and then very very very old.

Panamark
12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Agree Sesh,
but you are totally overlooking my post....
Shall I name the albums ?

Really, it seems Ozzy gets 2 great albums from each solo
guitarist, add his original work with Sabbath and it is
an Anthology !!!

His last 3 albums, (its probably more like 5-6)
sucked hairy haggis leftovers

Seshmeister
12-11-2009, 07:18 AM
He didn't get 2 great albums out of Zack.

No Rest was ok when it came out but it's really just a collection of half a dozen decent verse riffs with songs wrapped around them.

binnie
12-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Sorry Sesh, I think you've mistook who I was talking about. I was responding to Elvis's comment about Randy Castilio, not talking about Zakk.

Panamark
12-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Ok, this could be a historical first disagreement on such matters,,
I love " No rest fot the wicked" have the full vinyly here if anyone
wants to see it...... Its great, I calll Shenanigans on Sesh !!!!!

Panamark
12-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Im quick to say no more tears as the second, but wanna think about it

Seshmeister
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM

I haven't listened to it in a while. I actually bought it on tape originally but I think I have the mp3 version of it on my server thing.

It's probably great drinking music, I did say it was fine, maybe as good as the Ultimate Sin, but not up to the same standard of the 1st 3 solo albums IMHO.

ELVIS
12-16-2009, 07:41 AM

I like that album as well...

Seshmeister
12-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Have you ever played Miracle Man to your cult leader? :)

ELVIS
12-16-2009, 10:03 AM
My pastor is not a cult leader, but no. I'm sure he would enjoy it though...

ELVIS
12-16-2009, 01:54 PM
My favourite Jake era song...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3_IBj_zml4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3_IBj_zml4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Not as good or original as this.

Can you imagine Zak writing something like this? He wouldn't know where to start...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1rI80SaOcU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1rI80SaOcU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
12-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I like that as well...

I find those two songs similar...

ELVIS
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I think Waiting For Darkness is better mainly because of Bob Daisley and Tommy Aldridge...

Thanks for posting...

jhale667
12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
He didn't get 2 great albums out of Zack.

No Rest was ok when it came out but it's really just a collection of half a dozen decent verse riffs with songs wrapped around them.

As for "No More Tears" - coolest tune off that IMO was the title track, and Mike Inez wrote that.

Seshmeister
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I think Waiting For Darkness is better mainly because of Bob Daisley and Tommy Aldridge...

Thanks for posting...

Yeah Randy Castillo RIP really wasn't in the same league.

I don't understand what has happened to the Faith No More guy. He used to be good but in Ozzy he seems to suck the energy out of everything...

jhale667
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah Randy Castillo RIP really wasn't in the same league.

I don't understand what has happened to the Faith No More guy. He used to be good but in Ozzy he seems to suck the energy out of everything...

Maybe was way more into being a full band member, he was secretly only doing the "sideman" thing for financial reasons, and was therefore phoning his performances in... would explain why his parts sound so enthusiastic on the FNM material and so lackluster with Ozzy. Adequate, for sure, but not stellar like we're used to him being...

kwame k
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe was way more into being a full band member, he was secretly only doing the "sideman" thing for financial reasons, and was therefore phoning his performances in... would explain why his parts sound so enthusiastic on the FNM material and so lackluster with Ozzy. Adequate, for sure, but not stellar like we're used to him being...

Yup, you can even see him cashing the paycheck in his head:)

ace diamond
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I still would love to kick her fucking kunt HARD just for the Iron Maiden incident in San Bernardino if nothing else.
Fuck her.
i was at that show.
take a number and get in line behind me.
i got first dibs.

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
You seem to say you are at nearly every show...

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
You seem to say you are at nearly every show...
i still have the ticket stub, thank you very fucking much.

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 02:18 PM
well, post it...

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
i do not have the means to do so, therefore you will have to take my word for it.

Seshmeister
12-17-2009, 03:16 PM
i still have the ticket stub, thank you very fucking much.

Did your mum used to stick them all under your pillow in the pram so you could wait for the 'ticket fairy'? :)

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
i do not have the means to do so, therefore you will have to take my word for it.

Yes, take the word of a blind, crippled guy who had the hiv but suddenly got better, lives in a tent by the river & fishes for his lunch & dinner, but only eats one salad a day even though he weighs 250 pounds, and who payed the rent & food for a friend in the last 4 years, while earning less than 300 dollars a month.

You just KNOW his word is as good as gold.

Cheers! :bottle:

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 05:55 PM
You groan me because I post a smiley ??

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
No, I groan you because you're an arsehole. Oh, and you moved my fucking thread.

Since I can't groan you in the Dump, there you go. :fufu:

Couldn't you've left it there for a couple of days?

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 06:10 PM
What for ??

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
It was about DAVE, wasn't it?

ELVIS
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Not really...

Golden AWe
12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi de ho!

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Did your mum used to stick them all under your pillow in the pram so you could wait for the 'ticket fairy'? :)
sesh,
if you want to insult me, that's fine.
however,
you would not want me or anyone insulting your mother.
please leave my mother out of it.
that is out of bounds.
not cool.

Seshmeister
12-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I wasn't insulting anyone.

I was laughing at your silly flights of fancy.

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM

That's actually a copy/paste reply he has ready... he only changes the name of the person a the top. He's used it a couple of times already.

Notice how it doesn't even make sense in this case.

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 08:00 PM

liar.
you included my mother in your post.
that is what i was refering to.

now, my attendance of ozzfest 2005 in devore is no flight of fancy.
i was there.

as a matter of fact, i posted a review of the concert shorty after.
i wrote it for www.toxicshock.com (http://www.toxicshock.com) which is now
www.shockya.com (http://www.shockya.com)

i wrote many music reviews.
unfortunately the site has been reformatted a few times and
most of my older reviews wound up being deleted.
however, i think i may have saved my articles.

i will have to check.

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Oooh, I was searching this arsehole's posts to prove what I just said, but nevermind that...

Check out THIS (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/50901-im-lying-troll-cant-keep-my-stories-straight.html#post1259319) little gem.

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
here, read this review i wrote in which i make mention of the sharongate eggfest incident.
Ozzy, Bruce Dickenson &#038; The Ventures - By Ace | Shockya.com (http://www.shockya.com/news/2006/08/22/ozzy-bruce-dickenson-the-ventures-by-ace-diamond/)

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 08:12 PM
No, don't read his review on Bruce "Dickenson".

Try THIS (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/50901-im-lying-troll-cant-keep-my-stories-straight.html#post1259319) & THIS (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/45725-do-you-know-poor-2.html#post1162515) instead.

Waaaay more fun.

ace diamond
12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
No, don't read his review on Bruce "Dickenson".

why, because it proves that i was there?
i wrote that review in 2006.

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, but one year later you wrote the two above masterpieces, which are far more interesting than your "review".

Also, there's this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/19148-there-god-5.html#post1263796) thread, where you copied your entire MySpace into the Army.

And you were blind at the time, remember?

ELVIS
12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbxfe7DMxVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbxfe7DMxVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ace diamond
12-18-2009, 01:53 AM
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/gbxfe7DMxVo&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

hammersmith odeon, london, england, 1978. Van Halen opened this show.
the entire officially video this is taken from is only an hour long, although the actual set that black sabbath played on that tour was nearly 30 to 40 minutes longer than the video.
i have a few audience boots from that tour, including the fresno show, i have both van halen and black sabbath audience boots, really clean sounding ones......and i have partial video of van halen, i got it from carmine a few years back.......it's good stuff, even if the quality is not
all that wonderful.........

Seshmeister
12-18-2009, 07:20 AM
liar.
you included my mother in your post.
that is what i was refering to.

That wasn't insulting her.

I'm sure she keeps a very nice wigwam.

Seshmeister
12-18-2009, 07:21 AM
hammersmith odeon, london, england, 1978. Van Halen opened this show.

And you were in the front row?

binnie
12-18-2009, 09:11 AM
I was having a shit day. However, reading this page has really cheered me up...

Anonymous
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I was having a shit day. However, reading this page has really cheered me up...

Binnie, being glad that there are people worse off than you is a bad thing, mmmkay?

On the other hand, it seems Asshole IS good for something, after all... people down on their luck can take one look at Ass & cheer up.

kwame k
12-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Binnie, being glad that there are people worse off than you is a bad thing, mmmkay?

On the other hand, it seems Asshole IS good for something, after all... people down on their luck can take one look at Ass & cheer up.

That's the thing with Vinnie Vermin or Captain Caps Lock......he may have the attention span of a gnat but we don't. He must think that once he posts some lie in one thread, no one will remember it in another or remember it 5 mins later.

The incredible ever changing life story, flexible enough to change to fit any topic. What did Sesh just bust him on......oh yeah, the dates of concerts he claims to have seen......
Kiss:79, 82, 83, 84, 92, 96, 98, 00, 03, 04, 05, 07 ace solo 95, 08 peter solo 95
black sabbath: 81, 83, 87, 89, 92, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 04, 05, 08
ozzy:81, 84, 86, 89, 92, 95, 02, 06, 07
van halen:81, 82,83,84,98, 07
iron maiden:81,83,85, 86,88,92,00,05(eggfest sharon wanker incident)

Of course Vinnie Vermin just deflects that and goes on some rant that proves he's seen Iron Maiden/Bruce Dickenson. Never even answering the question how he went and seen Kiss when he was 2 or 3 years old.

ELVIS
12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
LMAO!

ace diamond
12-18-2009, 06:37 PM
kwame k, the shows i went to as a kid, for the most part, my mother took me to.

kwame k
12-18-2009, 06:45 PM

Sure Vinnie.....she took a 2 year old to a Kiss show....She couldn't find a babysitter that night and said fuck it I'll take my baby to a smoked filled and potentially loud enough show to burst your ear drums?

Don't pussy out and say your classic...leave my mom out of it nonsense.

ace diamond
12-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Sure Vinnie.....she took a 2 year old to a Kiss show....She couldn't find a babysitter that night and said fuck it I'll take my baby to a smoked filled and potentially loud enough show to burst your ear drums?

ever heard of things like, oh, say, ear plugs, cotton balls, etc...?

and in 1979, a lot of parents were taking their little kids to concerts.

Anonymous
12-18-2009, 09:59 PM

I believe this!

It probably played a big part on him becoming blind and getting the hiv.

I also believe that he remembers being there, the year, etc.

Wait a minute... no I don't.

Anonymous
12-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Careful... his big burly biker friend that reads him our posts might take offence.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Oooh, I was searching this arsehole's posts to prove what I just said, but nevermind that...

Check out THIS (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/50901-im-lying-troll-cant-keep-my-stories-straight.html#post1259319) little gem.

:lmao:Thank you for digging that up! I've heard the stories about his voice recognition program and his big burly biker friend, but never seen where he actually says that. :beers8: Too funny! :biggrin:

kwame k
12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
ever heard of things like, oh, say, ear plugs, cotton balls, etc...?

and in 1979, a lot of parents were taking their little kids to concerts.

It would be so much easier and take up less space in this thread, if you just admit you lied. Back peddling and making up other lies, to cover-up your previous lies, really is a futile effort.

ELVIS
12-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Ozzy was truly great at one time...

Click! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y779frzZJME&feature=PlayList&p=D2D5E66702941479&index=7)

bueno bob
12-21-2009, 04:51 AM
LMAO!

Ozzy has set the title of his new solo album as...

(wait for it)

"Soul Sucka"

Wish to FUCK I was making that up...

binnie
12-21-2009, 05:16 AM
"Cock Sucker" would be nearer the mark at this point.........

bueno bob
12-21-2009, 09:05 AM
"Cock Sucker" would be nearer the mark at this point.........

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x90/fredapeople/animated/Applause-2.gif

Terry
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
They had do something to cover Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo's lame attempts...

If you actually listen to the keyboards, Don Airey has some cool Moog stuf happening throughout the songs...

Ultimate Sin wasn't really a great period for Ozzy to these ears.

A few good songs on the album (Killer Giants, Secret Loser, Never), but the production was kind of weak in spots.

Others have called it the "Vegas era" of Ozzy, and I'd have to agree, at least in terms of appearance and presentation live.

Caught that tour, and even though I never was a huge fan of Metallica, they opened up for Ozzy the night I saw the show and blew him off the stage. They were just blazing, and Ozzy & Co. were kind of going through the motions.

Castillo did a fairly decent solo as I recall, though. A capable, if not astounding, rock drummer.

Seshmeister
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I was at the tour too although we had Ratt supporting.

Not as good as the BATM tour, Sharon swapped musicians for big hair with his rhythm section.

I agree about the album, Ozzy was my favourite band when it came out and it was a big disappointment.

Stuff like the title track is just a plodding thoughtless dirge.

ace diamond
12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
are you fucking kidding me, sesh......"THE ULTIMATE SIN", is my favorite song on that record!
"killer of giants", "lightning strikes", "never know why", "secret loser", and "fool like you" are pretty cool too.

i always felt that "shot in the dark" and "thank god for the bomb"
were the weakest songs on the album.

binnie
12-22-2009, 06:06 AM
The title track has an IMMENSE riff.....

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 06:13 AM
I think if you both think about it more clearly you will realise I'm totally correct. :)

binnie
12-22-2009, 06:55 AM
And exceptionally modest :D

ELVIS
12-22-2009, 04:10 PM
So it has a good riff...

The rest of the song sucks...

jhale667
12-22-2009, 04:24 PM
So it has a good riff...

The rest of the song sucks...

Solo's pretty cool too, but pretty much all of Jake's are.

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 07:17 PM
I preferred his earlier and later stuff.

On the Ultimate Sin album he went through this phase of doing arpeggios moving chord patterns around which although tricky to play and distinctive were a little dull melodically and unspectacular compared to his earlier work. Solo wise I think his best stuff was his interpretation of Rhodes.

ELVIS
12-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Even I can do that though...

jhale667
12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I preferred his earlier and later stuff.

On the Ultimate Sin album he went through this phase of doing arpeggios moving chord patterns around which although tricky to play and distinctive were a little dull melodically and unspectacular compared to his earlier work. Solo wise I think his best stuff was his interpretation of Rhodes.

Funny how Zakk got all kinds of praise for sort of copping Rhoads' licks, when Jake was the one who'd being doing them note-for-note, impeccably. Nobody else before or since, Gillis, no one -has been so faithful to the originals and still managed to keep them sounding fiery, not like a regurgitation of memorizations.

When I first saw him on the Speak of the Devil tour he was still Jake Williams - and we were expecting to see Brad Gillis - but Jake was nailing the Randy material, with no tremolo bar, just killing...he was so good, it was scary. Kinda like seeing Rhoads was, only he was nailing Rhoads stuff and subtly showing he was a completely different animal, and nearly as equally bad ass as his esteemed predecessor. I've been a huge fan ever since.

I'd agree with the overall 'dull' complaint on the Ultimate Sin solos; think it was trying to fit in with the overly grandiose vibe of the tunes anyway (if I had to pick a fave solo, it'd probably be "Shot in the Dark") - but his lead work on BATM is stellar, particularly "Rock n' Roll Rebel", "Journey to the Center of Eternity", and "So Tired" sounds lyrical, almost like Randy composed it for him...

I still think in regards to those that have been called upon to attempt to fill Rhoads' shoes....Jake was and is still the shit.

I can't say enough about his work with Badlands. Holy Crap. :notworthy:

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 08:00 PM
It was actually Jake that made me take up guitar.

For a couple of years he was the man. His solo at Salt Lake City is simply the best guitar solo spot ever.

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 08:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZiWyE_22P0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZiWyE_22P0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 08:23 PM
If you were playing Top Trumps guitar hero then the only 2 possible categories to take Jake on would be tone and song writing, he's a 10 for everything else.

Best ever stage presence in his day.

Seshmeister
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
but his lead work on BATM is stellar, particularly "Rock n' Roll Rebel", "Journey to the Center of Eternity", and "So Tired" sounds lyrical, almost like Randy composed it for him...

He claimed to hate So Tired. When it came to the solo his first attempts were all rejected by Ozzy who told him to do a 'George Harrison' which he then did brilliantly.

At that time Ozzy had it in his head to avoid the Blues like the plague whereas Jake instinctively wanted to do that and the whole Jimmy Page thing. My theory was that kind of like EEAS with Vai, whilst he had direction and the brief was to do a version of what had been done before then it was all good on BATM. When Bob Daisley was sacked and reduced to just providing lyrics on the Ultimate Sin and Ozzy went on a huge drinking binge then musically it all fell apart. To me they did ok to come up with an average album under the circumstances. I bet if you talked to anyone involved about it now they would admit it was a fucking farce.

Live on UK TV at the time, actually Roth gave a very funny interview on the same show but it's never made it to YouTube...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPkgZLkeMHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPkgZLkeMHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Let's have some Rock N Roll craziness". I had this on VHS for many years...

It seems almost petty to criticize it nowadays. One thing is that at least it was certainly absolutely fucking genuinely live.

It's decent and I like the outro solo but by this point we were not getting the stuff that his previous legends were made of. I would never have guessed at the time that this was just the beginning of a 20 year decline.

Maybe that was because back then there had never been a heavy rock star over 40 before...

jhale667
12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
If you were playing Top Trumps guitar hero then the only 2 possible categories to take Jake on would be tone and song writing, he's a 10 for everything else.

Best ever stage presence in his day.

True dat! :baaa:

Saw him 3x with Ozzy. That first time (Feb 83) before the name change, it happened to be his birthday, and right before the last song Ozzy announced it and the crew snuck up behind him nailed him over the head with what had to be a deli-tray full off whipped cream...he did the last tune soaked, and was laughing, whipping shit onto the first couple of rows with his hair...:biggrin:

I remember my friends and my collective disappointment with Gillis not being there (his picture was still in the program we got!) lasted about ten seconds into the first song...we were like who IS this guy? :eek: Great memories of that show. :cool:

Terry
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Funny how Zakk got all kinds of praise for sort of copping Rhoads' licks, when Jake was the one who'd being doing them note-for-note, impeccably. Nobody else before or since, Gillis, no one -has been so faithful to the originals and still managed to keep them sounding fiery, not like a regurgitation of memorizations.

When I first saw him on the Speak of the Devil tour he was still Jake Williams - and we were expecting to see Brad Gillis - but Jake was nailing the Randy material, with no tremolo bar, just killing...he was so good, it was scary. Kinda like seeing Rhoads was, only he was nailing Rhoads stuff and subtly showing he was a completely different animal, and nearly as equally bad ass as his esteemed predecessor. I've been a huge fan ever since.

I'd agree with the overall 'dull' complaint on the Ultimate Sin solos; think it was trying to fit in with the overly grandiose vibe of the tunes anyway (if I had to pick a fave solo, it'd probably be "Shot in the Dark") - but his lead work on BATM is stellar, particularly "Rock n' Roll Rebel", "Journey to the Center of Eternity", and "So Tired" sounds lyrical, almost like Randy composed it for him...

I still think in regards to those that have been called upon to attempt to fill Rhoads' shoes....Jake was and is still the shit.

I can't say enough about his work with Badlands. Holy Crap. :notworthy:

Didn't consider myself too ignorant about the chronology of Ozzy's guitar players, but this is honestly the first time I'd ever read or heard that Jake E. Lee / Williams played on the Speak Of The Devil tour...or am I misreading what you wrote?

jhale667
12-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Didn't consider myself too ignorant about the chronology of Ozzy's guitar players, but this is honestly the first time I'd ever read or heard that Jake E. Lee / Williams played on the Speak Of The Devil tour...or am I misreading what you wrote?

Nope, you read it correctly, sir. He did indeed play the Speak of the Devil tour, not sure if he picked up part of the way through or Brad ever actually played any shows post-SOTD recording.
This was at a weird time in the band...Pete Way was in on bass after Sarzo for 5 seconds and then gone, as was the dude playing that night....Marc Costa, I think? Wanna say it was still Aldridge on drums but not sure. It was all about Jake that night.
When I saw Ozzy on the BATM tour it was Jake, Bob Daisley, and pretty sure Carmine Appice on drums.

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 12:49 AM
The title track has an IMMENSE riff.....
that and the fucking lethally powerful drum intro........it really is one of the heaviest songs ozzy has ever done.

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
hey, between randy's death and bradd gillis joining, ozzy even had bernie torme on guitar briefly.

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:10 AM
hope this embed works..........for some fucking reason it does not work when i do it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWWNWGqZ69w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWWNWGqZ69w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:36 AM
for fuck sake...........i hate embeddijng@!
YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWWNWGqZ69w)

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 02:42 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWWNWGqZ69w&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWWNWGqZ69w&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Terry
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Nope, you read it correctly, sir. He did indeed play the Speak of the Devil tour, not sure if he picked up part of the way through or Brad ever actually played any shows post-SOTD recording.
This was at a weird time in the band...Pete Way was in on bass after Sarzo for 5 seconds and then gone, as was the dude playing that night....Marc Costa, I think? Wanna say it was still Aldridge on drums but not sure. It was all about Jake that night.
When I saw Ozzy on the BATM tour it was Jake, Bob Daisley, and pretty sure Carmine Appice on drums.

When I saw the Feb., 1984 BATM show, it was that same Jake/Daisley/Appice lineup, although a proshot vid boot I got of that tour (think it had been originally aired on MTV later in 1984) had Aldridge on drums.

Yeah, that whole 12-14 month period after Rhoads died prior to the 1983 US Fest (when the BATM studio group of Aldridge/Daisley/Lee/Airey/Ozzy performed and that lineup was more or less set save for the Aldridge/Appice/Alridge swap) was pretty unstable. Hadn't even heard of Pete Way or Costa, either.

Then again, Ozzy has had so many people in and out of the band over the years, I suppose I shouldn't have been that surprised.

sonrisa salvaje
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I guess i am in the minority on the Ultimate Sin, since i love that album and it continues to be one of my favorites. Truthfully, i can't remember if they used keyboards or guitar synths, but it gave an eerie effect to the tracks and added more texture to the music. It was a hard record. I don't understand why some have called this a sellout period. To me, the No More Tears era and forward seems more transitional.

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess i am in the minority on the Ultimate Sin, since i love that album and it continues to be one of my favorites. Truthfully, i can't remember if they used keyboards or guitar synths, but it gave an eerie effect to the tracks and added more texture to the music. It was a hard record. I don't understand why some have called this a sellout period. To me, the No More Tears era and forward seems more transitional.

agreed.

binnie
12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
'No More Tears' was when the 'hit-makers' got called in. 'Mama I'm Coming Home' and 'Road To Nowhere' are fucking abysmal...

BITEYOASS
12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Well if Ozzy keeps sucking, then he is gonna play State & County FAIRs with his bands. :D

sonrisa salvaje
12-23-2009, 05:19 PM
What kind of killed it for me with Ozzy was the Ozzmosis record. That was the only record except for the latest one that i couldn't get into. When i heard Steve Vai was coming in and was supposed to be the guitarist for Ozzmosis, i was stoked. When it came out and i saw Zak was back and Vai had just cowritten a song, i was still cool with the idea. After listening to it i really felt Ozzy had released a stale, generic product. Anybody else think Ozzmosis was underwelming?

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
what kind of killed it for me with ozzy was the ozzmosis record. That was the only record except for the latest one that i couldn't get into. When i heard steve vai was coming in and was supposed to be the guitarist for ozzmosis, i was stoked. When it came out and i saw zak was back and vai had just cowritten a song, i was still cool with the idea. After listening to it i really felt ozzy had released a stale, generic product. Anybody else think ozzmosis was underwelming?

underwhelming is a major understatement.
This album is a certifiable turd.........then again ozzy is certifiable,
so it makes perfect sense!
:lol:

Antman
12-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I blame that cunt, whore, bitch, nazi fuck sharon.

Terry
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
'No More Tears' was when the 'hit-makers' got called in. 'Mama I'm Coming Home' and 'Road To Nowhere' are fucking abysmal...

Title track and a few other tunes were okay...Mama is lame...Road is okay far as some of the instrumentation went...lyrics and delivery were lame DisneyOzzy.

Terry
12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
It's almost as if that whole biz of him getting sued in the mid-to-late 1980's over Suicide Solution kind of scared and pussified him, made him tone down his image and music.

binnie
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
OZZY OSBOURNE: New Album Title Announced - Mar. 29, 2010

According to USA Today, Ozzy Osbourne's new song "Let Me Hear You Scream", from his upcoming album, "Scream", will have its world premiere on an episode of "CSI:NY", to air on CBS on April 14 at 10 p.m., ET/PT. In this episode, a death row inmate's (guest Harold Perrineau) final request brings Dr. Hawkes (series regular Hill Harper) to a Pennsylvania prison and to confront a tragic incident that he has kept secret for many years, just as a prison riot erupts and traps Hawkes inside.

Ozzy's upcoming album, the 10th solo studio effort of his career, was originally called "Soul Sucka", but had its title changed after fans complained. The Prince of Darkness told RollingStone.com, "When we put that on the Internet none of my fan base liked the title. They were like, 'I can't imagine me walking around the fucking house with the words 'Soul Sucka' on my T-shirt.' So I was like, 'Fuck it. I've got to come up with something else!'"

Regarding the musical direction of the new CD, Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio. "It's very heavy. It's a cross between — it's kind of like a SABBATH/Ozzy album, you know. It's kind of, it wasn't meant to, I didn't plan on doing it but that's the way it unfolded. A lot of it's very, very heavy. I just hope people like it. I love it."

The new set is tentatively due out in July.

Ozzy's last solo project, "Black Rain", came out in 2007.

Ozzy also confirmed that Ozzfest will return this summer after taking a one-year break but did not reveal whether it would be a one-shot affair like the 2008 edition or go back to its roots as a traveling event. He also plans to head out on his own headlining arena tour next fall.

The new album and tour will introduce guitarist Gus G. Ozzy parted ways last year with axeman Zakk Wylde, who has played on every Ozzy album and almost every tour since 1988.

Ozzy Osbourne's long-awaited memoir, "I Am Ozzy", debuted at No. 2 on the New York Times' hardcover non-fiction best-seller list. The book was published on January 25 in the U.S., nearly two years after it was first expected to arrive. "I Am Ozzy" chronicles the legendary metal icon's life from his working-class beginnings in Birmingham, England to his initial fame with BLACK SABBATH to his massive solo career and forays into television.

From blabbermouth

binnie
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
That title isn't much better than 'Soul Sucka'......

Seshmeister
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
My expectations are incredibly low...

lesfunk
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I expect to not listen to it

Diamondjimi
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
So I was like, 'Fuck it. I've got to come up with something else!'"

Why not simply give Bob Daisley a call Oz, his idea's a proven success with you.

Oh, that's right you and $haron fucked him so hard you gained yourselves 1st class tickets to Hell...Cuntgradulations on another forthcome weak album with your minimum wage Zakk clone...

Seshmeister
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I expect to not listen to it

Last time someone had put a compilation of 30 seconds of each song up on YouTube. That meant I only had to waste 5 minutes making sure that it was crap.

Seshmeister
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
10 albums in 30 years half of which are mediocre is pretty disappointing.

Hardrock69
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I must agree. On the other side of the fence, Heaven & Hell has put out 4 studio albums in 30 years, and they are all classics.

binnie
03-30-2010, 08:00 AM
I think that might be over-egging it Hardrock - 2 of them are classics, 1 of them is very good, and the other (Dehumanizer) is half killer, half filler.

As for Ozzy, I truly hope that the change of guitar player will have added something, but given that Gus G pretty much admitted to never having heard RR versions of the songs he was playing on tour, I can't say I'm optimisitic.....

Panamark
03-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Up until No more tears (which I could leave on the shelf)
Ozzy had a pretty good Run,
From Speak of the Devil to Bark at the Moon
(theres your four counter DIO albums) there is
no denying these are the best of the best.

No Rest for the wicked was good.
Ive got the scrotage to say that 6
out of his ten solos were legend.

This is not counting the Sabbath Classics....

He still pips DIO (who I also love, Holy Diver
is the shit !!) Heaven and Hell is also a classic...

Born again wasnt too bad either ! and that had nothing
to do with either...

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
As for Ozzy, I truly hope that the change of guitar player will have added something, but given that Gus G pretty much admitted to never having heard RR versions of the songs he was playing on tour, I can't say I'm optimisitic.....

Cuntfirms my thoughts that Ozzy still doesn't have the right guitarist.

Hiring a guitarist who's never heard Randy Rhoads to play Randys songs = FAIL!

jhale667
03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Cuntfirms my thoughts that Ozzy still doesn't have the right guitarist.

Hiring a guitarist who's never heard Randy Rhoads to play Randys songs = FAIL!

EXACTLY!!!! That's fucking blasphemy right there! :Loser:

Panamark
04-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Hiring a guitarist that doesnt know Randy, really saddens me.
Did Ozzy make that call or his wife/manager who actually fucked
Randy in the back of the tour bus.....

Panamark
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Randy must have been one of those guys that was too lazy to masturbate..

Mr Walker
04-01-2010, 09:33 AM
There's a clip of the new song on youtube somewhere...

A short sample of Ozzy Osbourne's new song, "Let Me Hear You Scream", from his upcoming Epic Records album, "Scream", can be heard in the YouTube clip below. (Note: The clip is not available for viewing in all territories.) The track will have its world premiere during an episode of "CSI: NY", to be broadcast Wednesday, April 14 (10: 00-11: 00 p.m., ET/PT) on the CBS television network.

Youtube is blocked here at work so I'm not sure if the provided link came through with this posting.

binnie
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Here it is:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0xZHn7yQFk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0xZHn7yQFk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

tojoro
04-01-2010, 10:31 AM
That's just fuckin' goofy that Gus G hasn't heard or doesn't know Rhoads' versions of the songs.
Obviously he's a fan of Zakk, as those who have seen Gus G say he's somewhat of a clone...unless, that's what they want him to be, but if you dig Zakk and Ozzy, and you get the gig, one would think you would do your homework and at least listen to Ozzy's discography...the ones still in print anyway:biggrin: I liked Oz up to and including 'Ozzmosis', Down To Earth didn't have much going for it, and I barely bothered with Black Rain.
In terms of the Randy/ Sharon fling, maybe he was lazy, but if I was lonely on the road, and a fat chick offered me a handy, I wouldn't say no:biggrin:
A lot of folks sympathize with Ozzy, but don't realize he was still married to Thelma while banging Sharon 'round the world.
It doesn't excuse Randy from moving in on Ozzy's territory, but maybe if Ozz wasn't in a self induced coma most of the time, Sharon wouldn't have had to look elsewhere for cock.
Lastly, she's a douch for even bringing that up...it only hurts his family, and the poor prick isn't around to defend himself.

Seshmeister
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Here it is:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0xZHn7yQFk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0xZHn7yQFk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Personally I prefer this... :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymGToGuG-Rg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymGToGuG-Rg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

binnie
04-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Well, it's always difficult to judge from clips, but that was much stronger than I expected - it reminded me of a Bark At The Moon vibe, very scholck-horror Ozzy Osbourne, and despite the fact there wasn't really a hook there, it was quite anthemic.

I wouldn't write room about it, but I wouldn't hit 'skip' either.

PHOENIX
04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Up until No more tears (which I could leave on the shelf)
Ozzy had a pretty good Run,
From Speak of the Devil to Bark at the Moon
(theres your four counter DIO albums) there is
no denying these are the best of the best.

No Rest for the wicked was good.
Ive got the scrotage to say that 6
out of his ten solos were legend.

This pretty much sums up what i think of Ozzy.

His new stuff is very bland. Kinda sounds like White Zombie. I cant believe he got a Zakk clone on guitar.

Terry
04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, the brand name "Ozzy Osbourne" means and represents things other than music these days. Not saying this is a good or bad thing.

I will say Sharon was smart enough to take Ozzy's image in a new direction ten years ago; it extended his contemporary viability as a money-making enterprise, and morphed his career into something that didn't depend solely on album content to generate cash. If she hadn't done that, the only other option was to keep Ozzy out on the road doing Ozzfests for long stretches every year, and Ozzy just isn't physically able to withstand long stints touring anymore.

Like, twenty years ago an upcoming Osbourne album release was certainly far more crucial than it is today.

Diamondjimi
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds like "Dragula" with different vocals...

Panamark
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
This pretty much sums up what i think of Ozzy.

His new stuff is very bland. Kinda sounds like White Zombie. I cant believe he got a Zakk clone on guitar.

The PENIX is alive !! Welcome back mate. Hope all has been good for ya :baaa:

tojoro
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Good point, Terry. As unattractive as the Ozzy Merchandising machine is, it is a necessary evil, as it seems Ozzy hasn't done many back-to-back gigs, as he even knows his voice won't be up to par.
I do believe Sharon kicks ass as a manager, she certainly took a page from Gene Simmons' book, though lately, she's suffered some failures.
Note: If you show up on Trump's 'Apprentice' show, you've entered the loser realm of Star Jones & Brett Michaels...congrats!
On a side note, I spent a few consecutive days with the Sab/Dio catalog, before H&H was due, and I wound up with a great deal more appreciation for Dehumanizer as a whole.
As I've enjoyed Ronnie's bullet-proof voice with Rainbow, Sabbath & his solo efforts, I can say he's enjoyed a very consistent career, with a solid fanbase and seems to have compromised little.
Ozzy may have sold lots more albums, but Ronnie's career has been far more consistent and his voice hasn't betrayed him.
Aside from being somewhat of a tyrant, (who wouldn't be after sharing a stage with Blackmore & Iommi?), Ronnie has maintained his credibility.