PDA

View Full Version : chickenfoot best album!

UK ROCKER
11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
classic rock awards are voted by the people and they voted chickenfoot best album!

I know you all hate Sam but this is good news for the undercard Mikey

Best New Band
Winner: Chickenfoot

Album Of The Year
Winner: AC/DC - Black Ice

Band Of The Year
Winner: Iron Maiden

Best Reissue
Winner: Black Sabbath Reissues

DVD / Film Of The Year
Winner: Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Event Of The Year
Winner: Download Festival

Outstanding Contribution
Winner: Ronnie Wood

Tommy Vance Inspiration Award
Winner: John Bonham

Innovator
Winner: Ginger Baker

VIP Award
Winner: Doc McGhee

Metal Guru
Winner: Biff Byford

Spirit Of Prog
Winner: Dream Theater

Marshall 11 Award
Winner: Billy Gibbons

Childline Rocks Award
Winner: Steve Harley

Classic Songwriter
Winner: Paul Rodgers

Classic Album
Winner: Aerosmith - Rocks

Breakthrough
Winner: Joe Bonamassa

Comeback Of The Year
Winner: Mott The Hoople

Living Legend
Winner: Iggy Pop

linky, Legends Out In Force For Classic Rock Awards (http://www.planetrock.com/news-031109-1.htm)

UK ROCKER
11-03-2009, 07:28 PM
does Mikey sing on any of the tracks on the chickenfoot album?

78/84 guy
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
It would have sounded better !!!!!!!!!!!

VanHalener
11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Best new album for gardening, maybe. There's so much horse shit on it I believe it's a winning fertilizer you just toss onto your garden.

UK ROCKER
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm happy for Mikey, he deserves it. I bet those brothers have knocked his confidence over the years, so getting this is a big f you to them.
Will interesting to see if VH get this award next year.

FORD
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Notice the last line on the page.....

Copyright in content and design © 2008 Planet Rock and Blacksheep

Well of course Chickenshit would win awards from sheep :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Best new album for gardening, maybe. There's so much horse shit on it I believe it's a winning fertilizer you just toss onto your garden.

Quote of the day,right there!:biggrin:

Terry
11-03-2009, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=UK ROCKER;1396681]classic rock awards are voted by the people and they voted chickenfoot best album!

this is good news for the undercard Mikey

QUOTE]

Oh, for sure.

He's undoubtedly jumping for joy: "Eddie chucked me out of the band, replaced me with a teenager, screwed me over on being part of the long awaited Roth/VH reunion and the millions it raked in and my absence didn't impact interest or ticket sales one iota. Hey, fuck Eddie, because I get to be in a band with...the drummer from the Red Hot Chili Peppers...and I get this...great...classic rock award...:cry2:"

lesfunk
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Baaaaa Baaaaa...

binnie
11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
How AC/DC's Black Ice got album of the year is also beyond me....

Goldfinger
11-04-2009, 03:03 AM
It's a salad tossing convention... Don't you know?

Anonymous
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Yeah, it should've been Steel Panther's Feel the Steel. But Black Ice is second on my list, so it ain't too bad.

Good to see Biff Byfford winning something too. Saxon has always been extremely underrated.

And Billy Gibbons is also on the list, so it adds some more credibility.

I'm flabbergasted at Chickenshit, though... must've been because of the past of the members, not for the music.

Cheers! :bottle:

WACF
11-04-2009, 03:43 PM

The only angle can be Classic Rock only.

Golden AWe
11-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Mastodon's latest album is the album of the year 2009. By a long shot.

Seshmeister
11-05-2009, 07:00 AM
How come all the critics and DJs I've heard seem to think the Chickenshit album is brilliant yet everyone I speak to agrees its complete mediocre thoughtless fucking shit?

Could it be that classic rock critics and DJs are clueless losers these days.

I met one at a gig a couple of years ago and he was a complete twat. A total ligger as we used to call them. All he wanted to do was tell me about bands he had met who I hadn't even heard of.

Who gives a fuck apart from 17 year old girls?

Seshmeister
11-05-2009, 07:23 AM
BTW they won Best New Group not Best Album.

Steel Panther of course should have won both.

Golden AWe
11-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I met one at a gig a couple of years ago and he was a complete twat. A total ligger as we used to call them. All he wanted to do was tell me about bands he had met who I hadn't even heard of.

HAHAH

Some 17-year old girls make better albums than Chickenshit though...

Golden AWe
11-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Btw, here's Stalingrad Cowgirls...they're about 20 (?) and I like them better than Chickenfoot...

YouTube - You Won't Get It (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEl5sJbdFMU&feature=player_embedded)

Panamark
11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Chickenfoot had their moment to really make a point.
But all it does is smack of a Sammy Hagar led project.
So you get the same old, same old.
Shallow and meaningless lyrics and self comparisons to
Rock gods. Its the same deal Hagar puts out there
everytime, Only interest to anyone is there is an
actual original CVH member in the band.

Anonymous
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
How come all the critics and DJs I've heard seem to think the Chickenshit album is brilliant yet everyone I speak to agrees its complete mediocre thoughtless fucking shit?

Could it be that classic rock critics and DJs are clueless losers these days.

Naw man, the problem with Chickenshit is, as I've said, the past of its members. It's something like a supergroup.

I mean, Spam and Bass Player have been in Van Halen.

Satriani has a reputation as a guitarist.

And the other guy from Chilli Peppers.

Critics who know shit about music are likely to regard this combination of elements as the gratest thing since the Spice Girls.

BTW they won Best New Group not Best Album.

Steel Panther of course should have won both.

Yeah, but I have a feeling that they'll never be properly recognized as the extremely good musicians that they are because they'll always be regarded as something of a joke band.

Cheers! :bottle:

UK ROCKER
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM

I doubt if any young girls would be into a band that has 2 oap's ,.for bass and vocals, an alien on guitar and a bum for a drummer.

UK ROCKER
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
But i still like mikey

Seshmeister
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Chickenfoot had their moment to really make a point.
But all it does is smack of a Sammy Hagar led project.
So you get the same old, same old.
Shallow and meaningless lyrics and self comparisons to
Rock gods. Its the same deal Hagar puts out there
everytime, Only interest to anyone is there is an
actual original CVH member in the band.

Satriani is surprisingly poor though. His riffs and songwriting on this is a big bucket of pus.

Although to be fair I've only heard about half of it because I got very bored.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Yea, Chickenfoot. Great band. I'm sure, years from now, people will still be talking about them...

Person 1: "Do you remember that sort of supergroup type-thing with all those ageing anal buddies that didn't really work?"

Person 2: "No."

I'm actually indifferent. Who cares? Unless I've somehow won an award...in which case I'd be very interested and maybe a little bit confused. People probably voted for them on the basis of each individual members track record (i.e. Hagar fans voted/Satriani fans voted/RHCP fans voted/fans of relatively irrelavent bass players voted), as opposed to people actually thinking they're the best new band.

bueno bob
11-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Hagar - same old, same old.
Satriani - snorefest.
Anthony - kept in the background, once again.
Smith - along for the paycheck.
Album - forgettable.
Band - doesn't really mesh well, contrary to how they try to convince us they do.
Legacy - none.

That is all.

Dan
11-08-2009, 01:17 AM
LOL,Best Album,You Got To Be Joking?:rolleyes:

Terry
11-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Satriani is surprisingly poor though. His riffs and songwriting on this is a big bucket of pus.

Although to be fair I've only heard about half of it because I got very bored.

Not all that surprising. Talented guitar player isn't the same as a talented songwriter. Fell exactly along the same lines as Van Hagar did, in that whenever Eddie did come up with some decent instrumentation, Hagar's mediocre blandness just served to undermine it. Same thing happened with Chickenfoot, only it was just that much more in the forefront because Satriani is a far better soloist than he is a riff writer.

sadaist
11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
People probably voted for them on the basis of each individual members track record (i.e. Hagar fans voted/Satriani fans voted/RHCP fans voted/fans of relatively irrelavent bass players voted), as opposed to people actually thinking they're the best new band.

Makes the most sense here. I highly doubt everyone who voted has even listened to the album in it's entirety.

Seshmeister
11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
People probably voted for them on the basis of each individual members track record (i.e. Hagar fans voted/Satriani fans voted/RHCP fans voted/fans of relatively irrelavent bass players voted), as opposed to people actually thinking they're the best new band.

Actually they kind of voted for them as Best New 25 Year Old Rock Band.

How many contenders were there? The only other one I can think of was Steel Panther.

ZahZoo
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Not all that surprising. Talented guitar player isn't the same as a talented songwriter. Fell exactly along the same lines as Van Hagar did, in that whenever Eddie did come up with some decent instrumentation, Hagar's mediocre blandness just served to undermine it. Same thing happened with Chickenfoot, only it was just that much more in the forefront because Satriani is a far better soloist than he is a riff writer.

Musically I like one song... Down the Drain. But like you said Hagar's bland lyrical crap and melodies really drag it down.

From what I've heard of the album and an interview... Satriani composed most the songs and purposely went for a traditional blue collar/70's style rock format for his rhythm structures rather than his more progressive approach in his solo instrumentals. That probably adds to the blandness in comparison to his solo material from what we're used to hearing from Joe.

I do like Mike's bass work being in the front of the mix from a couple of tunes I heard and he plays more than single root note lines.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Actually they kind of voted for them as Best New 25 Year Old Rock Band.

How many contenders were there? The only other one I can think of was Steel Panther.

There were 6...none of which were Steel Panther...

Chickenfoot
The Parlour Mob
Diagonal
Steadlur
Crippled Black Pheonix
New Device