PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tancredo walks off MSNBC set

Va Beach VH Fan
11-06-2009, 06:54 PM
This is a priceless zing....

<object width="448" height="368"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailykostv.com/flv/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="flashvars" value="config=http://www.dailykostv.com/w/002322/vxml.php?448"></param><embed src="http://www.dailykostv.com/flv/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="448" height="368" flashvars="config=http://www.dailykostv.com/w/002322/vxml.php?448"></embed></object>

FORD
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Tancoward is a loser. :biggrin:

Kristy
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Can't stand Tancracist. Matter of fact, his office is one block up the street from where I work. Scary.

sadaist
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Why is Perez Hilton debating with a congressman?

kwame k
11-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Can't stand Tancracist. Matter of fact, his office is one block up the street from where I work. Scary.

20 bucks if you cuff him upside his head.

kwame k
11-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Why is Perez Hilton debating with a congressman?

Sadly, he has as much credibility as "real" newscasters.

Nitro Express
11-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I never heard of the prick.

thome
11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought this was about Ticonderoga Tessie the sister of Baltimor Nellie the slut.

I'll get back to me beerz

Va Beach VH Fan
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
20 bucks if you cuff him upside his head.

You know, I think FORD offered me that to do the same thing to Pat Robertson down the street here... :D

sadaist
11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
That kid really loses his argument by resorting to low blows like that, that really have no bearing on the subject at hand. I don't understand why so many people resort to these tactics. Is it to attempt to throw the other guy off? Or make yourself feel better about yourself? I just shows lack of substance in your argument when you resort to these things. Especially when he starts off with it.

If you can't get your point across without degrading someone and taking personal jabs, you shouldn't be the one presenting that side of the discussion.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Actually, Tancredo was the one who made up that crazy statement about "every veteran organization" wants to get his own doctor...

As not only a veteran, but a retiree, I personally get tired of listening to politicians who claim to speak for the military... Especially those who pulled strings to get out of the military (and yes, that includes Clinton as well as the Republicans)....

Seshmeister
11-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I always thought Clinton had a legitimate argument. As I understand it he got a Rhodes scholarship to the UK which are highly sought after and incredibly difficult to get. Plus he campaigned strongly against the war at the time and was proved right because it was wrong and the domino theory was bullshit.

You could say that people effectively argued that you could only be president if you had been wrong about the Vietnam war.

What is annoying are the hypocrites like this guy or Ted Nugent. The hawks like Bush who dodged it but are very keen about sending other peoples kids on their adventures. Clinton could not be described as a warmongering president in fact he was one of the least warlike in recent times.

Seshmeister
11-06-2009, 10:04 PM
That kid really loses his argument by resorting to low blows like that, that really have no bearing on the subject at hand. I don't understand why so many people resort to these tactics. Is it to attempt to throw the other guy off? Or make yourself feel better about yourself? I just shows lack of substance in your argument when you resort to these things. Especially when he starts off with it.

If you can't get your point across without degrading someone and taking personal jabs, you shouldn't be the one presenting that side of the discussion.

I know it was a long time ago but what sort of a shameless prick campaigns for the war as a student and then when they graduate say they are too depressed to go?

FORD
11-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Probably the same shameless prick who attempted to launch a Presidential campaign based on the single issue of racist bigotry (he's in favor of it.)

Dr. Love
11-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Eh, I feel like the guy should debate a person on the issues, not attack their credibility to present a point of view. Sometimes it's appropriate, but in this case, I don't think so. Neither one of those knuckleheads deserve to be able to speak on behalf of anyone else.

The dude made an unnecessary attack and Tancredo had the right reaction, in this case, I believe. If someone doesn't want to have a civilized discussion (not that many news networks are interested in that) then there's no point in talking to them.

Nice zing, sure, but at that point I stopped listening to the guy. It wasn't a debate about the issues, it was petty and argumentative nonsense.

sadaist
11-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Eh, I feel like the guy should debate a person on the issues, not attack their credibility to present a point of view. Sometimes it's appropriate, but in this case, I don't think so. Neither one of those knuckleheads deserve to be able to speak on behalf of anyone else.

The dude made an unnecessary attack and Tancredo had the right reaction, in this case, I believe. If someone doesn't want to have a civilized discussion (not that many news networks are interested in that) then there's no point in talking to them.

Nice zing, sure, but at that point I stopped listening to the guy. It wasn't a debate about the issues, it was petty and argumentative nonsense.

That's exactly what I was trying to express in my earlier post, but you did it better. I don't like Tancredo, but that young guy just comes off as some punk kid.

hideyoursheep
11-07-2009, 05:46 AM
That "punk kid" was telling the truth, and the dickbag couldn't counter with lies.

So he "cut and ran".....:lmao:

LoungeMachine
11-07-2009, 06:31 AM
It wasn't a debate about the issues, it was petty and argumentative nonsense.

Mod him.

Now.

:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM

It was a completely valid attack. Tancredo is a hypocrite for lying about what veterans groups want for health care, while getting strings pulled so he himself didn't have to serve.

Just another "Do as I say, not as I do" politician...

Nitro Express
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I always thought Clinton had a legitimate argument. As I understand it he got a Rhodes scholarship to the UK which are highly sought after and incredibly difficult to get. Plus he campaigned strongly against the war at the time and was proved right because it was wrong and the domino theory was bullshit.

You could say that people effectively argued that you could only be president if you had been wrong about the Vietnam war.

What is annoying are the hypocrites like this guy or Ted Nugent. The hawks like Bush who dodged it but are very keen about sending other peoples kids on their adventures. Clinton could not be described as a warmongering president in fact he was one of the least warlike in recent times.

Clinton was running a war in the Balkans. Also he deregulated the banking industry opening the door to the banking abuses that took place. He also gave us NAFTA. The banks and corporations love Bill.

FORD
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
The war in the Balkans was forgivable because it stopped a genocidal lunatic named Milosonofabitch. NAFTA and the gutting of Glass-Steagol were not. Neither was the Clear Channel/Murdoch enabling act of 1996. If Bill Clinton goes to Hell, it will be for those three things, and not for getting his dick sucked by a chubby Jewish girl. :blow:

Dr. Love
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I'd've felt it was more justified and acceptable if the debate venue was, you know, The Front Line. ;)

What the guy had to say about Tancredo might have been true, I dunno. Up until now Tancredo may have been World's Biggest Douche, but at least now I know of one bigger.