PDA

View Full Version : Ozric Tentacles

secrets
05-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Does anyone here listen to Ozric Tentacles. Personally I think they are very cool. Their progressive instrumental music is in some ways more interesting IMO than that of Vai or Satriani because it's not all about a band providing backing for a guitarist to dominate.

I only have two albums at the moment, Jurassic Shift and Arboresence, which I really like. What others should I get?

Alex Mogilny
06-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Get off that shit right now and go buy:

Bel Biv Devoe, Hootie Mack

Most people only recognize BBD for their masterpiece 'Poison'. However, Hootie mack is a very underated album. It just eminates a nice earthy tone.

Much like Derek and The Dominos 'Layla...' album was ignored for a better part of 10-15 years it is time for 'Hootie Mack' to get the recognition it deserves.

Do yourself a favor and buy Bel Biv Devoe's 'Hootie Mack'

Lou
06-05-2004, 02:21 AM
Never heard of them.

Roth-Halen
06-05-2004, 02:40 AM
What?

Roth-Halen
06-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Sammy Who?

Mr Grimsdale
06-06-2004, 05:48 PM
I have heard of them, only ever heard one track and it was dead good.

secrets
06-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Ozric Tentacles are very cool, take my word for it. guess they just haven't made it State side. Shame.

Mr Grimsdale
06-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Are they still going?

Sarge
06-13-2004, 07:31 PM
tentacles or testacles?

Mezro
06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by secrets
Ozric Tentacles

I had a terrible case of Ozric Tentacles after banging a Thai chick.

Mezro...the green stuff wasn't so bad but the burning got me every time

Sarge
06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
I had a terrible case of Ozric Tentacles after banging a Thai chick.

Mezro...the green stuff wasn't so bad but the burning got me every time

Just like DickFace McSlapnuts says..
"Never Trust A Bangkok Stripper"...

Mezro
06-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Just like DickFace McSlapnuts says..
"Never Trust A Bangkok Stripper"...

I think he was talking about ones with a penis.

Mezro...love that guys fucking name...funny as hell

Mr Grimsdale
06-14-2004, 05:50 PM
oh mrs hitler
why'd your son turn out so bad?

secrets
06-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
Are they still going?

Yeah, still going. Did a gig in London last week and I missed it.

Fuck.

Mr Grimsdale
06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
damnation

the ONLY time i heard anything by them was about 10 years ago

...time to buy a CD me thinks

secrets
06-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Not that I'm an expert but if I were you I'd get Jurassic Shift, it's supposed to be one of the best, but they've done loads of albums.

Let us know what u think when u get it.

secrets
06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Ignore the last message and check out this new CD compilation should be a good place to start.

Best Of Ozric Tentacles
25 May 2004
Double CD in June
The perfect introduction to one of the few truly independent bands on the planet
Eternal Wheel, to be released June 21st, features 10 of the Ozrics best loved tracks, plus a bonus CD and enhanced video track.

Ozric Tentacles are legends of the UK underground. Inspired by a myriad of music and musicians from Kraut-rockers Kraan to guitar maestro Steve Vai, from ethnic Arabic to electronic techno, from Hendrix to Hillage.

Formed in the early eighties, the Ozrics began life as a free-form psychedelic vehicle for jamming, attracting a dedicated fan-base at grassroots level by playing at all the free festivals to fans of space-rock, dub, psychedelia, and later on when the festivals had developed into raves, to fans of house and techno.

Having then developed their own cottage industry - studio, label, tour bus, dedicated following - the Ozrics eventually achieved top ten-album status in the UK with their 1993 album ‘Jurassic Shift’. It was, and still is, an astonishing accomplishment for a band with no celebrity status, and no major record label backing.

In their 20 years, the band has flourished through a number of line-up changes, spawned several side projects (Nodens Ictus, Ullulators) and new entities (Eat Static) put out 22 albums, scored a top ten and sold close to one million records.

Mr Grimsdale
06-18-2004, 12:50 PM
blimey!
that's good

secrets
06-18-2004, 06:16 PM
I know, I'm definately getting this one when it comes out.