PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith: Perry Announces Search For New Singer!

Diamondjimi
11-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 | 4:03 p.m.

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry said today that singer Steven Tyler quit the band following a recent concert in Abu Dhabi.

Bassist Tom Hamilton told the Boston Herald’s Inside Track that there is dissension among the “Bad Boys From Boston,” but that he hopes things can be worked out. He dismissed a report that guitarist Brad Whitford discussed the possiblity of Aerosmith finding a new frontman.

However, Perry told the Las Vegas Sun today that he believes Tyler is history.

“Steven quit as far as I can tell,” Perry said from his Boston home. “I don’t know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don’t know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don’t know.”

Part of the problem, he says, is that Tyler doesn’t return his phone calls.

“He’s notorious for that,” Perry said. “That’s one thing I’ve learned to live with. I try to overlook it. I like to pick my battles. Frankly, the last few months I’ve been wanting not to rock the boat. I don’t want him canceling any more gigs. We really wanted to do these last four. We just kind of didn’t want to call him out or anything and get him anymore pissed off, for whatever reason. So we just let things lie. So we did the gigs and, like I said, I got off the plane and saw this online. That’s how I know about it.”

Perry will perform his Joe Perry Project Nov. 28 at the Las Vegas House of Blues, performing from his latest release “Have Guitar, Will Travel.”

Most of Aerosmith’s recent world tour was canceled in August after Tyler fell from the stage at a Sturgis, S.D., concert and broke his shoulder. The band members were unhappy with Tyler over the incident. However, Aerosmith salvaged the final leg of the tour, including two shows in Hawaii and one Sunday at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix before more than 50,000 fans.

After the Middle Eastern concert the band parted ways with Perry going to London to attend the Classic Rock & Roll of Honour awards ceremony on Monday. Perry said he arrived home in Boston on Wednesday and read on the Internet that Tyler planned to leave the band.

“He has had no contact with me or the other band members,” Perry said.

He says he hopes to keep Aerosmith together, with or without Tyler, but he was so stunned by recent developments he doesn’t know what’s going to happen.

“Right now I’m adjusting to how we’re going to go on,” Perry says. “Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it’s like a steam locomotive. You just can’t disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We’re just trying to – at least I am – trying to figure out what direction the band should take.

“As far as replacing Steve, it’s not just about that, it’s also four guys that play extremely well together, and I’m not going to see that go to waste. I really don’t know what path it’s going to take at this point, but we’ll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we’ll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch.”

Perry believes Tyler has been planning on leaving for a while.

“Obviously he hasn’t been giving 100 percent to this thing for a long time,” Perry said. “He’s obviously had this planned for a long time. To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the Internet – it’s like, 'See you later, Bud.’ I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change.”

Aerosmith rose to popularity in the ’70s with a combination of hard rock and power ballads only to be derailed by drug and alcohol abuse. After Tyler completed rehab in 1986, the band rose to prominence again. There were rumors last year that Tyler had checked back into rehab after more than 20 years of sobriety.

Perry himself left the band for two years in 1979. While he was away he created the solo Joe Perry Project, which has now released five albums.

“The circumstances were different then,” Perry said. “We’d been touring pretty much nonstop for eight years and the band was just pretty much burned out on each other. We needed a break. We needed to take a vacation but blood was running so hot I just had to leave, had to get out of there. But I certainly wasn’t going to stop playing so I put out a solo project.”

LINK... (http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/06/joe-perry-steven-tyler-has-quit-aerosmith/)

Sensible Shoes
11-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Well this breaks my heart. I know you'll all rag on them all, but I loved Aerosmith pre 86

Mr Badguy
11-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, it`s sad.

But for me the band was finished a long time ago, probably around "Nine lives".

They`ve left a great legacy but Tyler`s latest shenanigans are starting to tarnish it.

He`s like Axl`s grandad.

Sensible Shoes
11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't keep up with their latest stuff - Some of Tyler's appearances in the past 10 years have been downright embarrassing i.e. the Superbowl with Shitney, or whatever he did with Fergie.....just awful. How many times can you listen to "Walk this Way" done badly?

Mr Badguy
11-07-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't keep up with their latest stuff - Some of Tyler's appearances in the past 10 years have been downright embarrassing i.e. the Superbowl with Shitney, or whatever he did with Fergie.....just awful. How many times can you listen to "Walk this Way" done badly?

I never have to hear it EVER again, good or bad.

I`d rather hear "No surprize", "Get the lead out" or "No more no more".

standin
11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
It's a shame he's got a busted main.
He should really take care of that it is starting to effect his life.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3593045952_85fbf707bb.jpg
Cracked pipes can really be a downer
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3507/3210926098_f94db02b3d.jpg

FORD
11-07-2009, 12:24 PM
The only thing that could make Aerosmith more than the Joke they have been for the last 20 years anyway.... would be if they hired some tribute band douchebag to sing for them. Let's hope Joe Perry doesn't call up Tom Scholz and ask him for advice. Or Neal Schon, for that matter.

Mr Badguy
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
The only thing that could make Aerosmith more than the Joke they have been for the last 20 years anyway.... would be if they hired some tribute band douchebag to sing for them. Let's hope Joe Perry doesn't call up Tom Scholz and ask him for advice. Or Neal Schon, for that matter.

Or Chris Squire.

Or Ray Manzerek.

Or INXS.

It could happen.

:barf:

sadaist
11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Well this breaks my heart. I know you'll all rag on them all, but I loved Aerosmith pre 86

I'm sure most of us did. Those were the days where you could doodle the Aerosmith name on your PeeChee folder during math class and it looked cool even next to Van Halen, Judas Priest & Iron Maiden.

Golden AWe
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Their worst mistake and one of the biggest sell-outs ever was "I don't wanna miss a thing".

As I've told, I went to their concert a few years ago, and they played a lot of 70's tunes, but I booed during that cheesy-ass lousy piece of cheese.

sadaist
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Their worst mistake and one of the biggest sell-outs ever was "I don't wanna miss a thing".

As I've told, I went to their concert a few years ago, and they played a lot of 70's tunes, but I booed during that cheesy-ass lousy piece of cheese.

They got too much into the movie soundtrack/help Liv's career game.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Actually, they all quit sometime in the 1990s and just mailed it in.

kwame k
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Insert picture of Aerosmith in Websters, under Has beens.

bueno bob
11-08-2009, 12:47 AM
I haven't liked anything Aeroshit Inc. and their song writing teams have come up with since 1986, honestly. Once Done With Mirrors convinced not only themselves but the rest of the world that they simply couldn't write an album to save their lives at that point, well, here came Mr. Hit Machine himself; you ask me, Aerosmith as a band hasn't really completely existed since 1980 or so...

I say fuck it, let them get a new lead singer. I hope they hire some 16 year old off of YouTube and I hope it's an absolutely disaster, and you know why? Because EVEN SO, it'll be MUCH better than anything Aerosmith's done in years.

kwame k
11-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Right on Bob...

Terry
11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Last good album from them was Pump, and that was 2 decades ago.

Whatever. Fuck 'em. Let Perry bring in someone else to sing. Doubtless a certain amount of people will still pay to see a brand name regardless of who is in it. Neither picks my pocket or breaks my leg.

ELVIS
11-08-2009, 03:34 PM
http://hitdawall.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/steven-tyler-good1.jpghttp://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2008/05/49443/400_styler_080521_cgreenway_73367158.jpghttp://metalbuzz.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tylergross.jpg

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_22neXfxaco&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_22neXfxaco&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

VAiN
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Ha!!!!! See you in hell aerosmith!!! Maybe you can come back and be Mtv darlings again in 2012..... FUCK YOU AEROSMITH!

chefcraig
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Are Aerosmith Headed For A Permanent Vacation?

gbarton / News, Top Posts / 04/11/2009 16:37pm

Classic Rock exclusive: Steven to work on ‘Brand Tyler’ as band members ponder a future without him…

Peter Makowski

“Once the band hit the final note and I walk off stage – then I’ll tell you the whole story,” an exuberant Steven Tyler announced to Classic Rock minutes before Aerosmith played a triumphant set to a crowd of over 50,000 adrenalized punters at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The future of Aerosmith looks uncertain at moment as they approach their 40th anniversary in 2010.

Since falling off stage whilst the band were on tour with ZZ Top, Tyler has decided to pull out of a planned South American tour at the end of the year and seems intent on pursuing solo projects, as he revealed to Classic Rock.

“I don’t know what I’m doing yet, but it’s definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself – Brand Tyler.”

Guitarist Joe Perry also took advantage of the recent break by recording and releasing a new solo album – Have Guitar, Will Travel – and will be touring in the States over the next couple of months with talks of doing some dates in Japan and the UK early next year.

Even with all the internal politics the band managed to pull out all stops by playing what Perry described as “one of the best shows of the year”. There will be a full live review in the January issue of Classic Rock.

“You know on a good night I believe that Aerosmith can top any band in the world,” said the granite-jawed axeman, “but the Grand Prix is a tough act to follow.”

On stage there was no sign of any acrimony – just the smiles, banter and the general bonhomie that is associated with Boston’s premier good-time band.

But off stage the story is much different.

As with the last three shows, none of the band see Tyler until the opening number and his dressing room is located quite a distance from the rest of the group.

At the moment Aerosmith’s future is an open book and over the next couple of weeks the band will reconvene (probably sans Tyler) to discuss future plans, which could be either the announcement of a long hiatus – or even possibly include carrying on with a new lead vocalist.

Guitarist Brad Whitford revealed:

“I’m not sure how good that would look, it would largely depend on who we could get and who would want to do it. That’s big shoes to fill.

“Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him – he’s one of a kind. But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?”

For future developments keep your eye on this website and February’s issue of Classic Rock, which will have a full story – and a very, very special surprise for Aerosmith fans.

Classic Rock &#187; Blog Archive &#187; Are Aerosmith Headed For A Permanent Vacation? (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/are-aerosmith-headed-for-a-permanent-vacation/)

yah
11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey, Tyler is pretty old now....his pipes have taken a beating from experience and age.
He probably needs a couple years off and then maybe he'll do a solo project.
They had a good, really long run, but it's probably mostly over, at least for Tyler singing for Aerosmith.
I wish him well!

FORD
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Well if they need a singer who doesn't mind singing cheese ballads, and who's an old fart like they are....... need I say it?

I mean, it's not like Chickenshit is going to make another album, right?

Coming soon...... AeroSpam! :biggrin:

ELVIS
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Sammysmith

standin
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Want Tyler's underwear? (http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/nov/081109-steven-tyler-underwear.htm)
:biggrin:

Mr Badguy
11-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Want Tyler's underwear? (http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/nov/081109-steven-tyler-underwear.htm)

How about "no"?

Nitro Express
11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
He's scared of falling off the stage again.

binnie
11-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Well, it's a very sad ending to a great story......

DavidLeeNatra
11-09-2009, 05:16 AM
http://metalbuzz.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tylergross.jpg

looks like sofia loren without tits and make up...

Mr Badguy
11-09-2009, 07:58 AM
http://metalbuzz.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tylergross.jpg

He looks like he escaped from Roswell.

What a shitty photo.

Sensible Shoes
11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
He looks like a frail elderly woman. How very sad

Terry
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
He looks like he escaped from Roswell.

Classic

FORD
11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Well if they need a singer who doesn't mind singing cheese ballads, and who's an old fart like they are....... need I say it?

I mean, it's not like Chickenshit is going to make another album, right?

Coming soon...... AeroSpam! :biggrin:

New album title: Cheese In The Attic

Vinnie Velvet
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Or Chris Squire.

Or Ray Manzerek.

Or INXS.

It could happen.

:barf:

Or Claudio the fuckin' mechanic!

DavidLeeNatra
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
they did this co-headlining tour with KI$$...maybe they can get some roadie to sing for them?

FORD
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
They could always call Spike O'Neill from the Bob Rivers Show, I guess....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wXAzAgb4pA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wXAzAgb4pA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Spike can sing...

Nickdfresh
11-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20&#37;

July 7, 2008 | Issue 44•28

BOSTON—After years of relative stability, the Aerosmith unemployment rate soared to an all-time high of 20 percent Monday following the downsizing of the band's vocal sector, Steven Tyler.

Tyler, already dangerously underweight, says he will struggle to put food on the table without a steady income.

The announcement of the largest-ever round of Aerosmith layoffs sent shock waves throughout the group, but band leaders said that four decades of perfect employment was "unrealistic" and that it was necessary to shed some of the graying, outmoded workforce.

"Explaining to a longtime Aerosmith employee that his or her job is being eliminated is one of the most difficult challenges we face in this business," Aerosmith manager Trudy Green said in a statement released this morning. "We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."

Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003. In addition, some of Aerosmith's younger, more ambitious employees, such as Joe Perry, 57, are willing to sing and play an instrument at the same time, often for half the salary.

"Tying a scarf to a microphone stand is unfortunately no longer a marketable skill," IndustryWeek editor David Blanchard said. "To compete in today's job market, you need to diversify your skill set. Someone who can not only sing, but also play tambourine and haul heavy equipment, is infinitely more valuable to a company."
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/aerosmith-chart.jpg

Aerosmith, whose unemployment rate has held steady at 0 percent since the start-up rock outfit went public in 1970, recently underwent a paradigm shift away from what many deemed an antiquated business model. In the early 2000s, Aerosmith stopped manufacturing hits and instead began to focus primarily on repackaging and redistributing its existing product. This, Green said, made Tyler dispensable.

Tyler was reportedly informed of the decision 45 minutes before the band was scheduled to go onstage for a performance, and was told to pack up his belongings and turn in his Aerosmith "wings" pin before the audience arrived.

"Thirty-eight years of work, and this is the thanks I get?" said Tyler, who was set to retire in just 18 months. "It's embarrassing. When [guitarist] Ray [Tabano] left back in '71, we all got treated to a nice dinner and some cake on his last day. And he was only in the band for five months."

"The only reason I came on with Aerosmith in the first place was the job security," added Tyler, who said that after nearly 40 years of waking up at 5 p.m. sharp and going to work, he won't know what to do with himself when unemployed. "And I liked being able to come in wearing an unbuttoned leather shirt and a leopard-print cowboy hat. Where else am I going to find a job like that?"

Morale among the remaining Aerosmith employees, Tyler's coworkers said, is low.

"I'm going to miss Steven," said rhythm guitarist Brad Whitford. "He was a good guy, and, I don't know, I thought he sang pretty well."

This cost-cutting personnel change is Aerosmith's most radical shift in economic model since the band's experiments as a drug-trafficking cartel from 1978 to 1984, their brief 1986 merger with Run-DMC, and their short-lived 1994 attempt to switch over to fabricating microchips.

"This restructuring is exactly what Aerosmith needs right now," said Justin Levine, an analyst at Lehman Brothers. "Frankly, they've been in brand decline since that Super Bowl halftime show with Britney Spears."

"Everyone was hurt badly in the big 1998 Armageddon Bubble," said Bill Griffeth, host of CNBC's Power Lunch. "At that point, practically everyone—even members of the younger generation—bought into Aerosmith, but it was clear that they would not be able to sustain that level of global interest. In truth, purchasing any of their material since Get A Grip has involved a substantial level of risk."

Tyler is not the only one in the industry to be affected by the recent recession. In January, Bad Company was outsourced to China, and just last week, Don Henley of the Eagles was replaced by a drum machine.

Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20% | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/steven_tyler_laid_off_from)

FORD
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Spike can sing...

His Bruce Springsteen & Bon Scott impressions are even better.

Oddly enough I'm listening to their show right now, and they said earlier that they heard rumors about Hagar too.

God help us.......

FORD
11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Aerosmith, whose unemployment rate has held steady at 0 percent since the start-up rock outfit went public in 1970

...unless you count the early 80's guitarist layoff, and temporary replacement by scab labor. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
...unless you count the early 80's guitarist layoff, and temporary replacement by scab labor. :biggrin:

Good point. But that was more of a strike.

bueno bob
11-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I think Rob Halford should be the new lead singer.

It'll put a whole new spin on live performances of "Big Ten Inch Record"...

bueno bob
11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Or maybe Don Henley. They could re-record "The End of the Innocence" as a tribute to Steven and call it "The End of the Aeroshits"...

Kristy
11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm sure most of us did. Those were the days where you could doodle the Aerosmith name on your PeeChee folder during math class and it looked cool even next to Van Halen, Judas Priest & Iron Maiden.

Just how old are you?

Sensible Shoes
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Youngish I'm guessing

UK ROCKER
11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
The future of Aerosmith has taken another twist, with Joe Perry insisting that the band are now on the hunt for a new singer.
There’s still confusion over the exact relationship between Steven Tyler and the rest of legendary band. But Perry has said the following on his Twitter page (www.twitter.com/admiralperry): “Aerosmith is positively looking for a new singer to work with. You just can’t take 40 years of expiriance and throw it in the bin!”

He then went on to say: “Aerosmith not splitting up. Promise that’s the last you’ll hear from me on the subject till we gear up again

link Classic Rock » Blog Archive » Aerosmith: Perry Announces Search For New Singer! (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/aerosmith-perry-announces-search-for-new-singer/)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't think of anyone who could replace Steve, can you?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sadaist
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't think of anyone who could replace Steve, can you?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nope. He is as much the face & sound of Aerosmith as anyone has ever been to any band. Replacing him ensures Aerosmith will be touring the Indian casino circuit and triple sharing the bill with Styx & REO Speedwagon.

lesfunk
11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Bad idea.
To Joe Perry... Retire Aerosmith with at least the illusion of dignity.

FORD
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Nope. He is as much the face & sound of Aerosmith as anyone has ever been to any band. Replacing him ensures Aerosmith will be touring the Indian casino circuit and triple sharing the bill with Styx & REO Speedwagon.

Well, at least Aren't We All Speed Addicts still has their original singer.

(yeah technically they had somebody before Cronin, but who cares?)

FORD
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Bad idea.

I think it's about 20 years too late for that. :biggrin:

Terry
11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Bad idea.

One of those things where MAYBE they could pass it off if Hamilton, Whitford or Kramer left.

If Tyler or Perry split from the band, not so much.

Fuck, the last 20 years haven't been much in the way of great shakes, but at LEAST it was the original lineup.

Why flounder on as "Aerosmith" if Tyler leaves? Do the rest of the guys need whatever cash they can milk from the name THAT badly?

Terry
11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
These various aging rock stars and their "classic bands" with fractions of the definitive or original lineups = bunch of money junkies always looking for another fix.

lesfunk
11-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I heard that they still owe the record co. one more album

chefcraig
11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
It gets me when I think of the countless times Tyler said in interviews something to the effect of "Never lose sight of the fact that together, we are a band. I have Joe Perry...why would I need anyone else, ect.". It just points to how absurd it is to make those statements in the first place, particularly when coming from musicians or entertainers. People change, shit happens and nothing lasts forever.

Or as the Man in Black from The Princess Bride once observed: "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Robert Plant used to say the same thing about the guys in Zeppelin...

I guess these things go to their head no matter what age...

Glad I never became a rock star...

sadaist
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Is there any reviews or clips floating around of their final performance? Would be interesting to see the body language of the guys on stage. Or even the Hawaii gig they were required to play.

Diamondjimi
11-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Glad I never became a rock star...

Suuuure you are... :rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Seriously, for many reasons...

I love making and performing music, but the crap that seems to go with it is nauseating...

Diamondjimi
11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009
AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way". According to a BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that — despite rumors to the contrary — he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before launching into the track, which was originally released as the second single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic".

OK! magazine reports that Tyler also appeared at last night's (Monday, November 9) 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in New York and was asked about whether he is leaving AEROSMITH. "Does it look like I'm leaving AEROSMITH?" he reportedly replied. "You know what it is — it's those people who are putting out Joe's album. Joe's doing a solo album. So people are paying attention to that."

LINKAGE... (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130178)

Dan
11-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Hulk Hogan Said He Was keen To Do It.:D

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Hmmm...

Maybe this is all designed to gain attention...

if it is, I guess it's working...

ELVIS
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM
can he sing too, brother ??

jharp84
11-11-2009, 01:44 AM
YouTube - Say Goodbye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9e_HiVB34)

or? :hitch:

YouTube - Aerosmith - Back In The Saddle (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY72dQl_HmU)

WTF??:umm:

Dan
11-11-2009, 01:47 AM
He Needs The Money.:D

binnie
11-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Oh dear.

No-one can fill those shoes. It can only be a disaster.

jharp84
11-11-2009, 02:00 AM
YouTube - Say Goodbye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9e_HiVB34)

Or?

YouTube - Aerosmith Back In The Saddle Live Japan'02 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Nsw4ZjuCU)

Rokk - N - Roll babee! Gottsa luv it! :pullinghair:

Diamondjimi
11-11-2009, 02:23 AM
70's Qualude,JD and Peruvian flake Aerosmith...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9iBs-rClCWs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9iBs-rClCWs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
11-11-2009, 02:47 AM
After seeing that pic of "Granny Tyler" at the video store, I really think they should call it a day....
Afterall they had a great career, twice..... Not too shabby....
There must be a point where old Rockers are allowed to retire without having
to prove shit, and retain their credibility. As much as I hate those cheesy
ballads Aerosmith did, they had some great stuff throughout their career,
I think they could officially call it a day and take some respect with them.
Not have the final curtain as another Perry Tyler shitfight...

(Many Parallels with Halen when you think about it !)

binnie
11-11-2009, 02:50 AM
From Blabbermouth

STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009

AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way". According to a BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that — despite rumors to the contrary — he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before launching into the track, which was originally released as the second single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic".

OK! magazine reports that Tyler also appeared at last night's (Monday, November 9) 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in New York and was asked about whether he is leaving AEROSMITH. "Does it look like I'm leaving AEROSMITH?" he reportedly replied. "You know what it is — it's those people who are putting out Joe's album. Joe's doing a solo album. So people are paying attention to that."

Perry told the Las Vegas Sun on Friday (November 6) that Tyler has quit the band he co-founded nearly 40 years ago, following a recent concert in Abu Dhabi. Perry revealed to the newspaper, "Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Tyler told Classic Rock magazine following the Middle East concert that he intended to work on "Brand Tyler" instead of a new AEROSMITH record for the foreseeable future, saying, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself — Brand Tyler."

Perry told the Sun that Tyler "has had no contact" with him or the other band members. Classic Rock reported that Tyler's dressing room at the Abu Dhabi gig was distant from the others, and that he did not interact with the rest of the group until they got onstage.

Perry said that he would like AEROSMITH to continue, but admitted that he's not entirely sure how to proceed. He explained, "As far as replacing Steve, it's not just about that, it's also four guys that play extremely well together, and I'm not going to see that go to waste. I really don't know what path it's going to take at this point, but we'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to . . . move the vibe up a notch."

Things have been tense in the AEROSMITH camp since early August, when a fall from a stage in South Dakota broke Tyler's shoulder and ended the band's summer tour. In the months since, internal strife has come to the surface, forcing AEROSMITH to consider two options: going on hiatus or getting a new vocalist.

Perry told the Sun that he believed Tyler had been planning to leave for a while, saying, "Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 percent to this thing for a long time . . . To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the Internet — it's like, 'See you later, Bud.' I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change."

Panamark
11-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Thats it chaps ! Get all friendly and retire with dignity !

DavidLeeNatra
11-11-2009, 04:05 AM
His Bruce Springsteen & Bon Scott impressions are even better.

Oddly enough I'm listening to their show right now, and they said earlier that they heard rumors about Hagar too.

God help us.......

c'mon...I'd love to see THAT happen...imagine the fun we'd have over here with all the linkers comitting suicide...

Golden AWe
11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Sammy Hagar should join! Everybody would only cherish the original Aerosmith after that!

Panamark
11-11-2009, 06:33 AM
exactly, exactly ! :)

UK ROCKER
11-11-2009, 07:53 AM
At this point in their career I couldn't give a toss about them, The last good album they put out was PUMP 20 years ago.

Sensible Shoes
11-11-2009, 08:26 AM
There is no Aerosmith without Tyler. They've GOT to get that.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Merged the two threads....

Come on people, this isn't rocket surgery....

jharp84
11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
There is no Aerosmith without Tyler. They've GOT to get that.

Yup! EOS! Just give us the suppossed "hard rokkin" disc they were "rumored" to release and call it a day!

sonrisa salvaje
11-11-2009, 10:34 AM
can he sing too, brother ??

"Well let me tell you something brother. Not only can the Hulkster flex his pythons dude. He can flex the golden pipes too. I want to see all the little Hulkamaniacs say their prayers, take their vitamins and come see the show brother."

Mr Badguy
11-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I would just like to throw my hat in the ring if the job is going.

I might not sing as good but I do look healthier.

I WILL take the money at the expence of self respect.

yah
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Good to see that sanity prevails with Aerosmith and Tyler after all,
and maybe Aerosmith can make a better recording this time around, that will rival their best ones...

Mushroom
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Seriously, for many reasons...

I love making and performing music, but the crap that seems to go with it is nauseating...

Yeah I agree. We still get the groupies without being a big-name act.

bueno bob
11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I think Aerosmith should just fire him. They need a new voice.

Hire Liv Tyler!

diamondsgirl
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
That pic of Tyler is awful. He looks like my 75 year old Aunt Stella did right before she died.

Aerosmith should close shop if Tyler is done.

Although I just read this: (similar to what jimi and binnie posted)

"Don't write those Aerosmith obits yet. After tons of media reports in recent days about the legendary Boston rockers heading to splitsville, mainly fueled by guitarist Joe Perry, the guitarist and singer Steven Tyler reunited, appropriately, onstage.

At a Joe Perry Project concert in New York City on Tuesday night, Tyler made a dramatic return to the Aerosmith fold, joining Perry for the Aerosmith classic 'Walk This Way.' According to reports, before the song, Tyler let everyone know he was still the lead singer of Aerosmith. It was a very public end to an equally public spat, which stemmed mainly from several canceled dates this summer due to injuries Tyler sustained.
The pair have also disagreed publicly over which direction to take the band musically, with Perry telling Rolling Stone when he listens to 2001's 'Just Push Play, "Sometimes I listen to that record and I'm not sure it's my band. All I want to do is make a record that sounds like Aerosmith." That was obviously fueled by a summer of frustration, as when Spinner spoke with Perry in April of this year he was very excited by the new stuff. "We have all this material and because we've been playing a lot, everybody's chops are at the top of their game, especially at the end of the tour. After a little rest, that's really the prime time for a band to record, and not having to worry about writing a bunch of songs as well, I'm kind of excited to see how that'll turn out," he said.

Tyler has said he wants to work on "Brand Tyler," so when we'll hear new music or see more dates remains to be determined. But Aerosmith fans everywhere can breathe easier tonight and the media can turn to the next band drama."

diamondsgirl
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Is there any reviews or clips floating around of their final performance? Would be interesting to see the body language of the guys on stage. Or even the Hawaii gig they were required to play.

from last night:

YouTube - Steven Tyler NOT QUITTING sings Walk This Way with Joe Perry Project Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC7EK68tdEY)

78/84 guy
11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
That's crazy talk by Perry saying he will replace Steven !!! The only thing more crazy would be Eddie saying he is going to replace Dave Roth in Van Halen with someone like, oh I don't know, Sam Hagar !!!! Baby please don't go !!!

Sensible Shoes
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
So much for that rumor. Last night.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzOeidDrQto&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzOeidDrQto&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GreenBayLA
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Saw this online a few days ago. BIG Aerosmith fan from late '70's. Hate to se em break up but they have been on auto pilot for the last 10 years. Maybe they just need a break and can reconvene. I think Perry is talking about replacement to get reaction from Tyler, that's all.
I'd love to see Tyler work with Jimmy Crespo again. Wonder if 1/2 finished Aero album will ever get released.

Can't think of a suitable replacement for Tyler but I saw Foreigner on VH1 Classic w/ singer Kelly Hansen, he's pretty good. But Lou Graham has 1/5 the personality of Tyler.

PS Watching the 1983 Tyler Perry video from Elvis. That is NOT Rick Dufay! Touring keyboardist Bob Mayo maybe...

Sensible Shoes
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Are people not reading? Rumors of the breakup are unfounded. Tyler showed up on stage at "the Perry Project"'s Gig in NYC las night, announced he is NOT leaving Aerosmith and performed Walk This way. See video above.

Terry
11-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh, thank goodness Tyler jumped onstage at a Joe Perry gig and played Walk This Way for the umpteen millionth time...

The only thing lamer than Perry attempting to replace Tyler is the whole thing being much to do about nothing...just a bit of attention whoring to revive a sagging career...

I think I liked Aerosmith better yesterday when I thought they had broken up.

Sensible Shoes
11-11-2009, 10:21 PM
You are correct sir.

Now on another subject - I wonder just how many times they HAVE performed "Walk this Way"? Realistically - hundreds? Thousands?

Nickdfresh
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM
So much for that rumor. Last night.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzOeidDrQto&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzOeidDrQto&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have to admit though that they sound pretty good. And I doubt they're doing it with a Memorex backing tape machine tracks...

binnie
11-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Statements have been issued this week claiming that Tyler has not quit.

Seshmeister
11-12-2009, 04:52 AM
The hair is suspicious in that band. :)

How many times do you run into a bunch of 60 year olds with so much?

Nickdfresh
11-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Toupees on the Addicts. :)

Panamark
11-12-2009, 06:59 AM
HAHAHHAHA

She taught me to wig this way !! :)

ODShowtime
11-12-2009, 07:00 AM
The only thing that could make Aerosmith more than the Joke they have been for the last 20 years anyway....

Ford, have you even seen them in the last 20 years? Sorry I wasn't alive for the drug years, but I've seen them numerous times and they are far more than a tribute band. They still destroy live and I have tapes to prove it.

Now they canceled the last show I had tickets to and I'm not happy about that, but they are far from a joke.

Seshmeister
11-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Weavin on the Edge?

chefcraig
11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Are people not reading? Rumors of the breakup are unfounded. Tyler showed up on stage at "the Perry Project"'s Gig in NYC las night, announced he is NOT leaving Aerosmith and performed Walk This way. See video above.

Read this, from Billboard (http://www.billboard.com/#/). As a friend of mine recently remarked, it doesn't make very much sense: "Perry isn't going to wait for Tyler to finish his solo stuff, and as soon as Perry finishes his solo stuff, the band will continue." HUH? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sign-Smileys/)

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry says estranged singer Steven Tyler's surprise guest appearance at his Joe Perry Project concert Tuesday night (Nov. 10) in New York "really didn't change anything in my mind" about the status of their band.

Tyler joined Perry and company for an encore rendition of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way," telling fans before the song that "I want you to know that I'm not leaving Aerosmith."

Now, Perry tells Billboard.com that Tyler "never said he was leaving the band" but further explains that the singer "said he wanted two years off to do his other projects," which is where things become problematic.

"Aerosmith wants to work," says Perry, who Tweeted earlier in the week that the band was "positively looking for a new singer to work with." He adds, "the band's been playing together for 40 years. It's a really powerful rock band, and I don't want to see it just go to waste and I don't think any of the other guys do, either. We're gonna work and we're gonna do something -- I'm not exactly sure what yet, but the band's too good to let it sit around. We're not going to wait for Steven."

Perry says he's had one conference call during the past week with bandmates Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer, but they have not made any firm decisions about anything -- including working with another singer while Tyler is pursuing his outside endeavors. "We're waiting for things to kind of settle down, and then we'll figure out what we're gonna do. Anything is possible," the guitarist says.

Perry also says that Tyler's appearance at Irving Plaza on Tuesday caught him completely by surprise. Tyler, he says, appeared backstage just as the Project was taking its encore break. "He was really the last person I expected," Perry recalls, "and then I saw him. He said, 'How ya doin'? What's going on? What songs are you playing -- anything good or what?' I said, 'Well, we've got a couple more to go...You want to come and sit in with the band?' and he said 'Yeah' and...[chose] 'Walk This Way.'"

"I was really blown away that he came to the show," says Perry, "but he showed up and was really anxious to come and sit in and play, so I figured, what the hell? He's been my partner for 40 years, and I figured I'd let him have some fun and...give the fans an extra treat."

As for spreading Internet rumors about Tyler's health, Perry says that the singer "came and went so fast I didn't even get a chance to check him out that much...We read the Tweets and the different bits of gossip here and there, but that's stuff you need to talk to Steven about."

Perry says the Project, meanwhile, will be on the road throughout the month and then plan to resume touring in late January, though he expects to be speaking to the other Aerosmith members in the near future about their potential plans.

Sensible Shoes
11-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Are ALL bands Fucked up as VH?

UK ROCKER
11-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Derek St holmes is the man they should be playing with, I know he is and looks an old guy but he can fucking sing!

jharp84
11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
St. Holmes has a grate voice! But there is no A-smith w/out Tyler.......Period! I heard rumors(HEARSAY) Much heavy drinking lately for Tyler! This is all prob a planned out soap opera scheme to sell the "new album" and or get more attendance at future shows, which hit "rock bottom" the last tour!

Mr. Vengeance
11-12-2009, 04:59 PM
I have to agree with Perry and his opinion on Just Push Play...that thing was a steaming pile of dogshit.

Terry
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I have to admit though that they sound pretty good. And I doubt they're doing it with a Memorex backing tape machine tracks...

Yes, but they've been playing the song for how long now?

Shouldn't it be a given it would sound good?

Terry
11-12-2009, 08:12 PM
You are correct sir.

Now on another subject - I wonder just how many times they HAVE performed "Walk this Way"? Realistically - hundreds? Thousands?

Well, let's see...

They've probably done around dozen tours (one for every album they've released since that song came out), plus I think they did at least a couple of tours that weren't in support of a new album...

Let's be conservative and say there were an average of 70 dates for each tour, multiplied by 14 tours. Let's assume they played Walk This way on every tour...

I dunno. A thousand times, give or take 50 either way?

Sensible Shoes
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, but they've been playing the song for how long now?

Shouldn't it be a given it would sound good?

I don't think so, if somebody is abusing something, or falls off the stage, or their throat is raw from.....

I don't know what's gotten into me tonight.....that was evil.

78/84 guy
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Saw them in 87 with Dokken, great show. They need to write some mean ass old school shit again and retire after a kick ass tour of all Toy's and Rock's tune's !! The mellow shit suck's !! Angel was bad enough for them.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
They need to write some mean ass old school shit again

Won't happen... Much like most bands, the edge is gone, the hunger is gone...

kwame k
01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Thu Jan 21, 2:34 pm ET
NEW YORK (Billboard) – Aerosmith has begun its search for a singer to replace Steven Tyler -- though whether it's permanent or temporary is uncertain.
Guitarist Joe Perry told Canada's QMI Agency that the group is "already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while."

After his Canadian swing with Motley Crue -- which ends February 5 in Montreal -- Perry said that Aerosmith will "start having some auditions, making some phone calls. Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

Tyler is currently in rehab for an addiction to painkillers after a tumultuous last few months of 2009. In his December 22 announcement, Tyler indicated that he planned to "enthusiastically be writing, recording and performing with Aerosmith as soon as things are handled."

Perry, however, contends that it may take a while for those things to be handled, longer than he and the rest of Aerosmith -- guitarist Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton and drummer Joey Kramer -- care to wait as they gear up for the group's 40th anniversary in 2011.

"It's kind of hard to get a straight answer about what's going on," Perry said. "He has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. And I want to play with the other guys in Aerosmith. So the four of us are just making our plans. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. Just like when Tom was sick -- we got David Hull to come in and play bass. When Brad was sick, we got somebody else to come in and play for him. That's basically how I look at it; we need another singer to fill in."

Perry would not mention any candidates for the job yet but did say there are "a few people we've talked to, and we'll see how it goes ... As far as auditions go, we'll probably just sit around and have a couple of drinks and see if we get along. Because we're already gonna know that they can sing."

He also said he felt it would be "appropriate" for the new configuration to work under the Aerosmith name, though he expressed hope for Tyler's eventual return to the lineup.

"I'm ready to write with him, to play on stage with him anytime he's physically ready and wants to do it," Perry said. "But it's really up to him ... And the last things he said to the press were that he wanted to work with the band and sing with the band, so we'll see."
The guitarist, meanwhile, is keeping busy with the Joe Perry Project. After the Canadian run Perry is expected to play more U.S. dates (a handful have already been announced) before heading to the U.K. in April to open for Bad Company.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100121/music_nm/us_aerosmith;_ylt=AinCIHjKzAokToJJ.0TGHWOVEhkF;_yl u=X3oDMTJqbmJpOTRjBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwMTIxL3VzX2Fl cm9zbWl0aARwb3MDMTkEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcn lfbGlzdARzbGsDYWVyb3NtaXRodG9o)

hambon4lif
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
It ain't aerosmith without steven tyler!

kwame k
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Hell dude, it ain't been Aerosmith for years;(

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Whoever they may get would be weird as hell, but I'm really curious if they'll go the Journey/Judas Priest/Foreigner route and get a sound-alike....

hambon4lif
01-21-2010, 11:06 PM
This is the point in their career where they should just take a bow and walk away. They'll probably comb youtube looking for a singer and try to call it Aerosmith, but no major label in their right mind would put any money behind it.
I can't remember their name right offhand, but another hard-rock band tried replacing their original singer years ago and it turned into an utter embarassment....it got pretty fucking ugly.
Anyhow...it's just too damn impossible to fathom an Aerosmith without Steven. They have their legacy, they've made their mark in rock history (in my opinion, they did that with their first 6 albums), and now it's time to rock off into the sunset. Just the thought of seeing anyone grab that scarved mic-stand would be too much.....it would not end well at all.

hideyoursheep
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
This could have been VH.

Which is worse? The way Aerosmith is going out, or the long, slow, silent VH method?

You folks that don't like the cheesy ballads Aerosmith did after '90....do you actually enjoy "Dream On"? :umm: Did you expect them never to do a ballad again? C'mon...

GreenBayLA
01-21-2010, 11:36 PM
If a mid level rock band like Velvet Revolver can't find a suitable singer how the hell is Aerosmith going to? Whoever they get has pretty big shoes to fill even if "just filling in". They could pull an Aero tribute band singer into the mix like Priest, add a clone ala KISS or change their whole vibe with someone new ala Van Hagar. Either way I think they'll face a huge fan backlash.
Hey Joe how did fans react when Aerosmith continued w/out you? Despite a kick ass album (Rock in a Hard Place) it wasn't the real Aerosmith and most fans lost interest.
History repeats for those who fail to learn from it.
Do an side project but don't call it Aerosmith, man. Save what shred or cred you got left.

NATEDOG001976
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Tyler IS AEROSMITH! "Rock In a Hard Place" is a great CD, that got bad reviews. Aerosmith would FLOP without Tyler.

Hell the CD sold over 500,000 with out Perry...

hambon4lif
01-22-2010, 01:40 AM
They were just one of those bands ya' know?....

Van Halen is defined by David Lee Roth
Aerosmith is defined by Steven Tyler

cut and dry, that is it, end of story.

binnie
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
And the band limps on.....

78/84 guy
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
I smell no ticket sales so whats the point ??!!

chefcraig
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I smell no ticket sales so whats the point ??!!

Since the fans will be getting 4/5 of Aerosmith, shouldn't the ticket prices be cut by 20%? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)

kwame k
01-22-2010, 07:08 PM
So they're going to get a replacement singer to go out and celebrate their 40th anniversary?

This may go down as the dumbest move by a rock band since VH couldn't get their shit together in the 90's and work with Dave.

Perry, however, contends that it may take a while for those things to be handled, longer than he and the rest of Aerosmith -- guitarist Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton and drummer Joey Kramer -- care to wait as they gear up for the group's 40th anniversary in 2011.

Guitar Shark
01-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Thu Jan 21, 2:34 pm ET
NEW YORK (Billboard) – Aerosmith has begun its search for a singer to replace Steven Tyler -- though whether it's permanent or temporary is uncertain.
Guitarist Joe Perry told Canada's QMI Agency that the group is "already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while."

After his Canadian swing with Motley Crue -- which ends February 5 in Montreal -- Perry said that Aerosmith will "start having some auditions, making some phone calls. Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

Tyler is currently in rehab for an addiction to painkillers after a tumultuous last few months of 2009. In his December 22 announcement, Tyler indicated that he planned to "enthusiastically be writing, recording and performing with Aerosmith as soon as things are handled."

"It's kind of hard to get a straight answer about what's going on," Perry said. "He has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. And I want to play with the other guys in Aerosmith. So the four of us are just making our plans. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. Just like when Tom was sick -- we got David Hull to come in and play bass. When Brad was sick, we got somebody else to come in and play for him. That's basically how I look at it; we need another singer to fill in."

Perry would not mention any candidates for the job yet but did say there are "a few people we've talked to, and we'll see how it goes ... As far as auditions go, we'll probably just sit around and have a couple of drinks and see if we get along. Because we're already gonna know that they can sing."

He also said he felt it would be "appropriate" for the new configuration to work under the Aerosmith name, though he expressed hope for Tyler's eventual return to the lineup.

"I'm ready to write with him, to play on stage with him anytime he's physically ready and wants to do it," Perry said. "But it's really up to him ... And the last things he said to the press were that he wanted to work with the band and sing with the band, so we'll see."
The guitarist, meanwhile, is keeping busy with the Joe Perry Project. After the Canadian run Perry is expected to play more U.S. dates (a handful have already been announced) before heading to the U.K. in April to open for Bad Company.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100121/music_nm/us_aerosmith;_ylt=AinCIHjKzAokToJJ.0TGHWOVEhkF;_yl u=X3oDMTJqbmJpOTRjBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwMTIxL3VzX2Fl cm9zbWl0aARwb3MDMTkEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcn lfbGlzdARzbGsDYWVyb3NtaXRodG9o)

Somebody give them Sammy Hagar's number. How cool would it be if Sammy ruined two bands?

78/84 guy
01-22-2010, 07:43 PM
He already ruined Satriani & Mikeys new band !!

kwame k
01-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Somebody give them Sammy Hagar's number. How cool would it be if Sammy ruined two bands?

In an odd way that makes sense.......look at the reaction to CVH when Dave came back.

I imagine that it would be the same reaction to Steven coming back....a collective sigh of relief that that blow hard Spammy is gone.

hambon4lif
01-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Somebody give them Sammy Hagar's number. How cool would it be if Sammy ruined two bands?That horrendous move would make it Hagars 2nd felony.
First, he tries replacing a singer who "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" when it turns out it's all he fuckin' sings about. Tying a sweater around his fat neck, drinking milk, and singing constipational cheese like "Why Can't This Be Love", "Love Walks Around", and "When It's Love".
Sam in Aerosmith singing "Walk This Way"?!??...walk like what, Sambo? with a little 2-inch pecker and writing songs about shitty sportscars and even shittier tequila?!?? Git tha' oudda hee-ya!
His third and final offense would be to try and step in for Gibbons or Hill in ZZ Top. Not only would the trifecta be complete, but it would give us the satisfaction of puuting that little bastard out of his (and our) misery, and watch him get lethally injected and put to sleep.

On second thought....Perry should call that fat little bastard. Just the mere thought of that prospect pleases me.

standin
01-25-2010, 04:04 AM
It's a shame he's got a busted main.
He should really take care of that it is starting to effect his life.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3593045952_85fbf707bb.jpg
Cracked pipes can really be a downer
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3507/3210926098_f94db02b3d.jpg

Holy Shiite, Steve!
You went a 11 weeks back to groan me. That should give me some sort of 5 star award! :biggrin:
Now, STFU, Steve.

And quit "fixing" things to cover your tracks. Did you really think that your name not being next to the groan would "do something"? Ohh, scary.
But hey, thanks for reminding me I have a an open file with yahoo security and your "do somethings".

Go suck a donkey dick you conditioned queer.

GreenBayLA
01-26-2010, 01:47 AM
I still maintain Perry is announcing the singer search to force Tyler to get his shit together, scare him straight, tough love whatever. But Aerosmith w/out Tyler is a joke.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I still maintain Perry is announcing the singer search to force Tyler to get his shit together, scare him straight, tough love whatever. But Aerosmith w/out Tyler is a joke.

agreed.

GreenBayLA
01-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Steve Tyler "Laid Off" Read all about it...
Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20% | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/steven_tyler_laid_off_from)

quote from article:
"We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."

Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003."

WOW I'm in shock... :confused10

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 02:08 AM

quote from article:
"We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."

Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003."

WOW I'm in shock... :confused10
it's bullshit.
an obvious joke.
Celebrity Video | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=4f60c1a0-72a6-4da6-921e-c32944138abd)

Mr Walker
01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
blech!

Classic Rock can confirm that Paul Rodgers was invited to be Aerosmith’s new frontman.

This happened at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in London last November, when Aerosmith’s troubles with singer Steven Tyler were just beginning to surface.

The awards were a star-studded affair. Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry and Rodgers were among the multitude of high-profile rockers in attendance.

During a break in the ceremony Perry approached Scott Rowley, Classic Rock’s Editor In Chief, and asked him: “Can you introduce me to Paul Rodgers?”

Amazingly, Perry had never met the Free/Bad Company/The Firm/Queen + Paul Rodgers frontman before.

Rowley guided Perry to Rodgers’ table and the two stars engaged in conversation while Rowley chatted to Rodgers’ wife, Cynthia.

However, Classic Rock’s Jerry Ewing, who was sitting at the table, overheard Perry make a direct approach to Rodgers about replacing Tyler in Aerosmith.

Ewing recalls:

“Basically Scott came over with Joe Perry who had asked to be introduced to Paul. After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.

“Rodgers typically asked who Perry’s favourite was, and Perry said: ‘The lead singer of Aerosmith.’ Cue some embarrassed laughter.

“The talk then moved on to what Perry was doing and he said that he was doing the Joe Perry Project and they were looking to come over here and tour, at which point Rodgers mooted the idea of them supporting Bad Company on their just-announced shows.

“The next thing, Perry is starting to tell Rodgers that they have problems with Tyler and that they intend to carry on regardless – and how great it would be if Rodgers took the slot, and would he be interested in trying out?

“If I remember correctly there were the usual ‘how flattering’ platitudes but no real commitment, as you’d expect, nor refusal.”

Classic Rock knows of two more major names who have been approached to sing for Aerosmith.

We’ll be revealing another of those names on Classic Rock (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com) tomorrow (Thursday, January 28), with the final one to follow on Friday. So stay tuned to the Classic Rock website.

The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale next Wednesday, February 3, features Joe Perry on the cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/aerosmith-chart.article.jpg

Hah that's great.

From 2008 though.

Mr Walker
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Either these guys are making this shit up or Joe Perry has truly flipped his lid.

Following Classic Rock’s exclusive story that Paul Rodgers was asked by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star sounded out by Perry to fill Steven Tyler’s shoes: Billy Idol.

A source tells us:

“Joe had been approaching a few people about replacing Steven and he invited Billy to his show at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles.

“Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven.”

The gig – which featured the Joe Perry Project – took place on November 24 in West Hollywood. It was reviewed in the December 2009 edition of Classic Rock (issue No.139).

However, in a strange turn of events, Idol failed to respond to Perry’s invitation.

“As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold,” says our source.

Whether this means the door remains open for Idol to try out for the Aerosmith job at a future date is unclear.

Besides Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol, Classic Rock knows the name of a third high-profile singer who has been asked to replace Tyler.

We’ll be revealing his name on Classic Rock (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com) tomorrow (Friday, January 29). So stay tuned to the Classic Rock website.

The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale next Wednesday, February 3, features Joe Perry on the cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

Seshmeister
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Sounds like he's conducting psychological warfare on Tyler.

These guys are so inappropriate, who's next Harry Connick, Jr?

Mr Walker
01-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Why do Aerosmith need to continue without Tyler (I know... why do they need to continue at all)? Can't Perry just do his Joe Perry project thing until Tyler is ready to sing/perform again? Is anyone interested in seeing Aerosmith without Steven Tyler... I don't think so. Do they have contractual obligations that they need to fulfill as Aerosmith?

With that being said... I'd like to hear Perry, Whitford, Hamilton & Kramer do something with that cat who sings for The Answer... that might be some good stuff... but don't try to bill it as Aerosmith.

binnie
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Jizzy Pearl would be a good replacment.........

Seshmeister
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Jizzy's voice is still as good as it's ever been.

Not sure how he would be on the ballads but Aerosmith use lots of tapes and shit anyway.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-28-2010, 01:56 PM
tom keifer?

binnie
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
It's more likely to end up being the dude from Alter Bridge that almost ended up singing for Zeppelin last year.......

PETE'S BROTHER
01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
diamond dave singin':hee: "love in an elevator"

chefcraig
01-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Why do Aerosmith need to continue without Tyler (I know... why do they need to continue at all)? Can't Perry just do his Joe Perry project thing until Tyler is ready to sing/perform again? Is anyone interested in seeing Aerosmith without Steven Tyler... I don't think so. Do they have contractual obligations that they need to fulfill as Aerosmith?

With that being said... I'd like to hear Perry, Whitford, Hamilton & Kramer do something with that cat who sings for The Answer... that might be some good stuff... but don't try to bill it as Aerosmith.

The thing is, at this point I'm not in the least bit thrilled about seeing Aerosmith with Tyler. The same dull and predictable set list, the same going through the motions, ect. And the argument of the other four going forward without him in anticipation of the 40th anniversary holds water like a cheese grater. So the paying audience gets to watch a stand-in in order for these guys to keep from getting rusty?

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-29-2010, 01:41 AM
arrosmith is a bit jazzy for me.
but more than a feeling is one of there best songs for sure.steve perry is there best singer.i hope he comes back.

Mr Walker
01-29-2010, 09:09 AM
At least Cornell is smart enough to know this would be a bad idea...

Perry to Cornell: ‘Do You Want To Join Aerosmith?’
gbarton / News, Top Posts / 29/01/2010 12:42pm

Following Classic Rock’s exclusive news that both Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol were sounded out by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star who Perry believed could replace Steven Tyler: Chris Cornell.

A source close to the Aerosmith camp tells Classic Rock:

“Joe approached Chris Cornell and asked him if he would be interested in the Aerosmith job, because the band were running out of patience with Steven.

“But Cornell, to his credit, didn’t take Joe’s request very seriously. He thought he was joking and was surprised when Joe said he wasn’t.

“In fact, I overheard Cornell telling Joe: ‘Fuck off, can you imagine how ridiculous that would be?!’

“In any case, Cornell told Joe he was committed to Soundgarden’s reunion, so it [Cornell joining Aerosmith] could never happen.”

If you missed our previous stories about Joe Perry’s ongoing hunt for a new Aerosmith singer, you can read about Paul Rodgers here and Billy Idol here.

Mr Walker
01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
If Perry et al need the cash, why don't they look into what Gene did with the Kissology DVDs as a stop gap. I'd buy a 3 dvd box with the '78 Texas Jam, the '78 California Jam and some other cleaned up 70s gigs.

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Following Classic Rock’s exclusive news that both Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol were sounded out by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith’s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star who Perry believed could replace Steven Tyler: Chris Cornell.

This is beginning to sound like the movie Major League, wherein the Cleveland Indians were so awful that nobody wanted to work for them.

Lou Brown: Tire World...
Charlie Donovan: Lou? This is Charlie Donovan. How would you like to manage the Indians this year?
Lou Brown: Oh, I don't know...
Charlie Donovan: What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues.
Lou Brown: Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

FORD
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I guess this "Classic Rock" rag hasn't heard that Soundgarden is back together, if they thought Chris Cornell was going to join somebody else's band. Besides, I doubt he would do that again, after Audioslave, even if he wasn't already occupied.

Mr Walker
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I guess this "Classic Rock" rag hasn't heard that Soundgarden is back together, if they thought Chris Cornell was going to join somebody else's band. Besides, I doubt he would do that again, after Audioslave, even if he wasn't already occupied.

“In any case, Cornell told Joe he was committed to Soundgarden’s reunion, so it [Cornell joining Aerosmith] could never happen.”

FORD
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Oops.... that's what I get for not reading the whole fucking article.:duh:

ace diamond
01-29-2010, 02:51 PM
aerosmith ain't aerosmith without both of the toxic twins.
therefore they should retire and not destroy their already somewhat tarnished legacy.
once upon a time they were a great fucking band.
nowadays they just seriously suck ass, and have sucked ass for the past 15 years or so.
it's time for them to retire.
'nuff said.
end of story.

FORD
01-29-2010, 06:24 PM
They should have retired in 1984. Anything after "Done With Mirrors" wasn't really Aerosmith.

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM
They should have retired in 1984. Anything after "Done With Mirrors" wasn't really Aerosmith.

Agreed. Definitely the last Aerosmith album that I enjoyed end to end. ;)

ace diamond
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM

done with mirrors was 1986, ford.
after that, they got sober.
and sucked thereafter.
aerosmith were a better band when they were fucked up on heroin.

MAX
01-30-2010, 07:31 PM
done with mirrors was 1986, ford.

Wrong again dumbass, DWM was in '85. Please get your facts straight before you speak. For someone who Rainman's his entire existence, yet still manages to fuck up the timeline, the LAST thing you should do is try to state anyone elses. I've corrected you in the sports forum as well (remember when you were boasting your knowledge and loyalty regarding The AZ Cards and I not only corrected the year they arrived from St. Louis but that they were also the PHOENIX Cards for a cupla years?) so STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking" was pretty damn good. Unfortunately, your "music" sends people running away. Hence, you'd never understand.

Also, 1987's Permanent Vacation actually had a cupla decent tracks on it like "Hangman Jury" and a cover of The Beatles "I'm Down."

Moronic buffoon.

Little Texan
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
It's more likely to end up being the dude from Alter Bridge that almost ended up singing for Zeppelin last year.......

Myles Kennedy...yeah, he's kinda in between jobs now that Scott Stapp is back in Creed, but that's a bad fit, too. No one is going to replace Steven Tyler in Aerosmith because he is the voice of Aerosmith. Whenever you hear his voice you associate it with Aerosmith. Besides, what is the point of getting a new singer at this stage of their career? These guys are nearly old enough to draw Social Security for christsakes! In this age of rap, hip hop, and throw away pop is a new singer going to make them any more relevant with their style of music?

hambon4lif
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
They gave the world masterpieces like "Draw The Line", "Toys In The Attic", and "Rocks". Albums of that caliber aren't in them anymore.
It's a hard thing to...kinda like demanding the car keys back from grandpa after one too many times of driving on the wrong side of the road, but they're done.

They should just be happy with their legendary status, their awesome contribution to rock music, and just call it a day.

binnie
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
A series of side projects would be a more dignified solution, rather than diluting Aerosmith's record......

chefcraig
01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
A series of side projects would be a more dignified solution, rather than diluting Aerosmith's record even further, a legacy of mediocrity the band has worked steadily toward since discovering power ballads and creating largely unlistenable albums, from Get A Grip onward.

Fixed that for ya, bin. ;)

Igosplut
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
They gave the world masterpieces like "Draw The Line", "Toys In The Attic", and "Rocks". Albums of that caliber aren't in them anymore.
It's a hard thing to...kinda like demanding the car keys back from grandpa after one too many times of driving on the wrong side of the road, but they're done.

They should just be happy with their legendary status, their awesome contribution to rock music, and just call it a day.

They should have called it a day when the ran out of ideas and had other people write for them (even though I liked nothing they did after sobering up).

Is there anybody here that honestly has an interest in seeing Aerosmith record another song, never mind an album??

Igosplut
01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking"......

That was a song Joe Perry wrote when he was out of the band (Joe Perry Project) and Tyler wanted to record it again..

chefcraig
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Is there anybody here that honestly has an interest in seeing Aerosmith record another song, never mind an album??

At this point, they don't even need to come up with anything new, as there are over a dozen unfinished tunes in the can (available on several bootlegs and at Youtube) that sound better than anything they've put out since Pump.

That was a song Joe Perry wrote when he was out of the band (Joe Perry Project) and Tyler wanted to record it again..

And if you compare the tracks, the original Perry version wins in a landslide. The Project version is raw and exiting, whereas the Aerosmith version seems to just plod along march-style, never really achieving lift-off.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro2rx_S47VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro2rx_S47VU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3SAqGy8wGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3SAqGy8wGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Wrong again dumbass, DWM was in '85. Please get your facts straight before you speak. For someone who Rainman's his entire existence, yet still manages to fuck up the timeline, the LAST thing you should do is try to state anyone elses. I've corrected you in the sports forum as well (remember when you were boasting your knowledge and loyalty regarding The AZ Cards and I not only corrected the year they arrived from St. Louis but that they were also the PHOENIX Cards for a cupla years?) so STFU!!!

Besides, DWM was definitely no "Classic" Aerosmith but it had it's moments. "Let the Music Do the Talking" was pretty damn good. Unfortunately, your "music" sends people running away. Hence, you'd never understand.

Also, 1987's Permanent Vacation actually had a cupla decent tracks on it like "Hangman Jury" and a cover of The Beatles "I'm Down."

Moronic buffoon.

I agree with all of the above. But weren't they still "using" during DWM? I thought PV was their first straight album...

While hacking up my lungs last night, I watched that silly Metal Show on VH1 Classic. Perry was on and mentioned that he thought that DWM was their low point and they rushed through it.

FORD
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree with all of the above. But weren't they still "using" during DWM? I thought PV was their first straight album...

While hacking up my lungs last night, I watched that silly Metal Show on VH1 Classic. Perry was on and mentioned that he thought that DWM was their low point and they rushed through it.

That's true. DWM was the reunion album (after the regrettable scab guitarists era) but they were still on drugs. That title "Done With Mirrors" has more than one meaning. :smiley-sniffer:

Seshmeister
01-31-2010, 07:51 PM
The dumb cover must have cost them thousands of sales...

FORD
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
The dumb cover must have cost them thousands of sales...

Maybe not....

This was around the same time that the fundagelical preachers in the US were pushing the whole "backwards Satanic messages" thing, so some teenagers probably thought anything backwards would be "evil" and therefore "cool" and bought the record without hearing a note. :biggrin:

Terry
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Aerosmith started morphing into something that resembled a rock band less and less and started becoming more and more like a corporation; these dudes show up, play the radio staples, their records since Pump follow a similar formula...the 'band' approaches the whole biz like a job these days.

Passion in a musical sense has been missing for far too long. The name Aerosmith is just a safety net for the lot of them.

I mean, Tyler won't be ready to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the group by touring with the band, so Perry figures it is acceptable to celebrate that milestone (for whatever it is worth) by just getting someone else to sing? Tyler has been the only singer of the band. For good or for ill, the man IS the voice of Aerosmith.

kwame k
01-31-2010, 10:54 PM
DETROIT (Billboard) – Amidst continuing reports of other singers being approached to front Aerosmith, Steven Tyler and his handlers are taking steps to reassert his position in the band.

Tyler's Los Angeles-based attorney, Skip Miller, fired off a letter to Aerosmith manager Howard Kaufman last week, independently obtained by Billboard.com, requesting that Aerosmith's management "immediately cease and desist from engaging in acts and conduct to the harm and detriment of your own client, Aerosmith, and our client who is one of its members."

Miller subsequently told Billboard.com that on behalf of Tyler he has called a meeting of Aerosmith's "shareholders" on February 9 to discuss the band's future, including such matters as the recording of a new album and tours this year of Europe and South America. The four-page letter also states that "we reserve all of our legal rights and remedies in this matter, including, without limitation, pursuing legal action for damages and other appropriate relief."
"Steven Tyler does not want lawsuits," said Miller. "We do not want to go in that direction. The direction we want is Aerosmith, with Steven Tyler, touring in Europe, touring Latin America, releasing a new album ... This is the direction it's all intended to go. It's just amazing to me current management would be taking any other position."

Aerosmith's management declined comment. Miller says he has not yet received a response from Kaufman or any of Aerosmith's other representatives. As for what the next step will be if Aerosmith continues with its search for a new singer, Miller said, "We'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it. I hope we don't. I don't think we will."

Tyler is undergoing therapy for a painkiller addiction brought on by orthopedic problems. The location of his treatment is unknown, but recent public appearances -- singing karaoke at a bar in Palm Springs, Calif., and signing autographs and singing over the public address system at a Home Depot in Rancho Mirage -- led to speculation that he's at the nearby Betty Ford Center.

NOT WANTED

Miller says the January 27 letter was prompted by Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry's recent comments in the Canadian press about replacing Tyler and by a meeting earlier in January attended by Kaufman; Tyler's music attorney, John Branca; and Tyler's new manager, Allen Kovac of 10th Street Entertainment. Kaufman, according to Miller, "said point blank he didn't think Steven should be part of Aerosmith, flat-out said the band would be better off without Steven -- which, in my opinion, is a very questionable management decision by a fiduciary."

Miller's letter argues that "the animus and negativity you have expressed toward Mr. Tyler has created an inability to protect both Steven as an individual and the band as a whole. This behavior directed toward a person committing to rehabilitation and recovery is detrimental and hurtful on both a personal and professional level. This is a time Steven has dedicated to transform his life."

Miller pointed to Tyler's December 22 statement, in which the singer "confirms his desire to be a part of Aerosmith" and accuses Kaufman of "playing band members off against one another instead of seeking to solidify their relationships and unify them for the overall good of the band ... Contrary to all common sense, you are seeking to bring about the replacement of Steven Tyler. Aerosmith without Steven Tyler is like the Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger, or U2 without Bono. While this management strategy may get the band on the road a few months sooner, it ultimately could destroy Aerosmith."
Miller added, "Can you imagine the manager of the Rolling Stones calling for the replacement of Mick Jagger? It's just absurd ... Tyler is very unique, distinctive. Steven is Aerosmith, along with the others. He's the guy the public knows. He's the singer. I'm blown away that the current manager would even suggest something like (replacing him)."

Both the letter and Miller said that Tyler has been writing songs for a new Aerosmith album and will be ready to perform at the proposed European and South American dates later in the year. Aerosmith had started to record a new album -- its first since 2004's "Honkin' on Bobo" and first of all-original material since 2001's "Just Push Play" -- with producer Brendan O'Brien in late 2008 but put it on hold due to health concerns, including Tyler's bout with pneumonia, and to prepare for a tour last summer with ZZ Top that was aborted after Tyler fell from the stage on August 5 in Sturgis, S.D.
Perry, meanwhile, is touring to promote his latest solo album, "Have Guitar, Will Travel," while Brad Whitford is gearing up for an Experience Hendrix tour in March, and drummer Joey Kramer is promoting his autobiography, "Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom at the Top."

The Tyler camp's actions come at a time when rumors are plentiful about who might step in for Tyler. A weekend report by blogger Perez Hilton claimed that Billy Idol, who has been widely reported as under consideration, had to skip a scheduled meeting with Perry because of a cold, while other published reports maintain that Chris Cornell and Paul Rodgers have both been approached. Lenny Kravitz, another rumored candidate, has publicly stated he's not interested.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_aerosmith)

kwame k
01-31-2010, 11:03 PM
This could get nasty and I haven't care for Aerosmith since DWM but replacing Tyler and doing a 40th Anniversary tour with a new singer is stupid.

Man up, wait for Steven, do a proper 40th reunion, play the deep cuts, film and release a DVD, do a Last Waltz kinda thing, and then call it a day.

FORD
02-01-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't think Tyler has a case, since he made an album with 2 scab guitarists under the name of "Aerosmith" and then toured with that lineup. Granted, he probably doesn't remember doing any of that, but it is a matter of record.

But at this point, it's ridiculous for any band of senior citizens to replace a member that isn't dead. And in some cases (like Boston) even more ridiculous to replace one that did. :(

GreenBayLA
02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
OK so Mr Tyler got his lawyer to serve Mr Perry a cease and desist letter. Good for him, somebody needs to stop the nonsense...

Diamondjimi
02-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Tyler is undergoing therapy for a painkiller addiction brought on by orthopedic problems. The location of his treatment is unknown, but recent public appearances -- singing karaoke at a bar in Palm Springs, Calif., and signing autographs and singing over the public address system at a Home Depot in Rancho Mirage -- led to speculation that he's at the nearby Betty Ford Center.

:lmao:

Fuckin PRICELESS!!!

ace diamond
02-01-2010, 06:59 AM
This could get nasty and I haven't care for Aerosmith since DWM but replacing Tyler and doing a 40th Anniversary tour with a new singer is stupid.

Man up, wait for Steven, do a proper 40th reunion, play the deep cuts, film and release a DVD, do a Last Waltz kinda thing, and then call it a day.

kwame, since the "done with mirrors" era of 1986, the last vestiges of usefulness of this band died when they sobered up in 1987.

they haven't been worth a flying fuck since.
it is quite very sad.
this band cannot make a halfway decent album without the use of herion, pot, cocaine and booze.
their back catalog proves this.
everything from "aerosmith" in 1973 and "done with mirrors" of 1986, when they were on drugs VS. everything 1987-present "permenant vacation" onward as a sober, or mostly sober band entity.

if you listen to the entire Aerosmith studio album collection, beginning to end,
you will notice the after "Done With Mirrors", the last albums made while the band was abusing hard drugs heavily, and from "permanent vacation"
onward, the "sober albums" for the most part, suck compared to the drug albums.
so there are a few of the "sober-era" tracks that do kicks ass and are cool.
The problem is that since 1987, they are few and far between.
very far between.

kinda like eddie van halen's guitar playing during the "van hagar" and "van gay"
era stuff compared to the "CVH" era stuff.
the cvh stuff will always be far superior.

MAX
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
"done with mirrors" of 1986

Dumbass, it was released in 1985. I remember cos I bought it my freshman year of Highschool which was 1985. So quit saying 1986 stupid. 1986 is when they did "Walk this Way" with Run DMC tool!!!

Terry
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't think Tyler has a case, since he made an album with 2 scab guitarists under the name of "Aerosmith" and then toured with that lineup. Granted, he probably doesn't remember doing any of that, but it is a matter of record.

But at this point, it's ridiculous for any band of senior citizens to replace a member that isn't dead. And in some cases (like Boston) even more ridiculous to replace one that did. :(

Yes, but Perry walked away from the band prior to Rock In A Hard Place to pursue a solo career; at the very least it was mutually agreed by Perry and the rest of the group that Perry should leave. It wasn't a case of Perry wanting to be there and the rest of the band barring his participation back in the early 1980s.

Bah, whatever. Pulled out Night In The Ruts and gave it a spin, just to remind myself again that this band did, in fact, kick some serious fucking ass once upon a time. Ever since they sobered up and went down the rehab/group therapy/career coach/pop producer strategizing route, they gradually started to suck balls. Too much energy spent on hawking hot sauces and likeness rights for home video games...now they're gonna bring out the fucking lawyers to quibble over tour proceeds?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with rock and roll? Sadly, everything these days.

Viking
02-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Regardless of all this playing-position soap opera shit, it's a damn pathetic epitaph for Aerosmith. Tyler singing in a karaoke bar and shambling through Home Depot? That poor old fucker is turning into another Amy Shithouse. Even worse, he's looking more and more like her fucking grandmother. Even if Tyler rewires himself enough (again) to comprehend what day of the week it is, that band's next album will probably sound like the death rattle it will eventually be.

Mr Walker
02-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Jeezus,,, too much drama...

Official: Steven Tyler Tried Out For Led Zeppelin
gbarton / News, Top Posts / 02/02/2010 12:51pm

It’s true – Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler auditioned to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin.

It was early in the summer of 2008 that a rumour began circulating about Tyler trying out for Zeppelin – six months after the band’s reunion gig with Robert Plant on vocals at London’s O2 Arena.

…And it’s a rumour that Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry now confirms.

Perry tells Classic Rock:

“Steven disappeared and I called around. Somebody said that he was in London trying out for Led Zeppelin.

“It’s something I’ve never talked about before outside of the [Aerosmith] family, so to speak, and kept out of the press.

“It’s a kind of window into how hard it’s been to keep the partnership together.

“It’s certainly not the first time things like that have happened – that’s the downside of our relationship.”

The audition came about through Henry Smith, a childhood friend of Tyler’s who’d worked with Zeppelin.

In fact, Tyler invited Smith to accompany him to the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in 2007, where the pair sat at a table with Zep guitarist Jimmy Page.

From various reports it transpires that Tyler came to the Zeppelin rehearsals unprepared, and under the impression that he would be writing new material with the band.

This resulted in some shambolic sessions, some embarrassing, awkward moments – and the Plant-shaped lead singer post still vacant.

Perry caught up with Page at last November’s Classic Rock awards where the Zep six-stringer filled him in on what exactly happened during Tyler’s try-out.

Perry says: “Page said he felt really awkward about the audition, but ultimately it was a group decision.”

Tyler returned to the States believing that Aerosmith were oblivious to his Zep escapade, and things carried on as normal until the singer took his infamous tumble from the stage at an Aerosmith gig in Dakota.

It ultimately dawned on Perry that Tyler was working to a different agenda, leading to his decision to try and look for a new Aerosmith frontman.

twonabomber
02-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Tyler's new manager, Allen Kovac of 10th Street Entertainment

i'm betting this guy is the problem. how did he get the job? likely by getting Tyler to believe that he could do a successful solo project. the new guy gets a bigger cut without the other four guys around.

"Can you imagine the manager of the Rolling Stones calling for the replacement of Mick Jagger?"

bad analogy. Jagger, Watts, and Wood have one manager (Rupert Löwenstein) and Keith has his own manager, Jane Rose.

Mr Walker
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Meh.... who gives a shit about Aerosmith... The Darkness are getting back together.

binnie
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Please tell me that The Darkness are not getting back together........

Mr Walker
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Please tell me that The Darkness are not getting back together........

Hawkins Wants Halibut, Not Money, For Darkness Reunion
gbarton / News / 29/01/2010 15:47pm

Justin Hawkins says filthy lucre is not the motivation behind a mooted reunion of The Darkness.

In response to rumours that he has ended his feud with his brother Dan, Justin posted the following on his Twitter page:

“What Darkness rumour? Are we all talking at crossed porpoises?

“If we ever did re-form, it wouldn’t be because some record executives consider it a viable proposition.

“It would be just for the HALIBUT. I’d better start learning my SCALES.”

According to reports the bickering bruvvers have patched up their differences and have been demoing new material at Justin’s studio in Lowestoft.

A Darkness reunion looks on the cards if the pair are happy with the results of their sessions.

A source close to Dan Hawkins told Classic Rock:

“Dan has just moved to a posh pad in Brighton and the rent doesn’t come cheap. Plus he and his girlfriend have just had a baby.

“Given those circumstances I doubt if Dan would want to trek around the clubs again with Stone Gods [the band he formed after The Darkness split in October 2006].

“So I wouldn’t be at all surprised if The Darkness re-formed to play some big shows.”

Another source confirmed: “If their stuff is liked by record label staff they will attempt to reunite The Darkness.”

It’s not known who would join the Hawkins brothers in a reconstituted Darkness.

The chances of original bass player Frankie Poullain – surely rock’s most iconic moustachiod four-stringer since Saxon’s Steve ‘Dobby’ Dawson – look remote.

Besides, Justin sports a ‘face-ferret’ himself now and it’s unlikely he would allow two moustaches in the band.

As Justin Twittered: “When I jog through the fog, my moustache drips condensation which I can drink when I get thirsty. I love nature.”

Poullain’s replacement in The Darkness, Richie Edwards, is a member of Stone Gods.

Darkness drummer Ed Graham was a member of Stone Gods but left in 2008.

A Darkness reunion would also sadly spell the end for Justin Hawkins’ splendid band, Hot Leg.

Nevertheless, the return of The Darkness would please Classic Rock immensely – especially as we recently named the band’s I Believe In A Thing Called Love the Top Rock Song Of The Noughties.

binnie
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh Christ......

It wasn't that funny the first time around......

Seshmeister
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM
A Darkness reunion would also sadly spell the end for Justin Hawkins’ splendid band, Hot Leg.

Whoever wrote this is either fucking him or his mother - that band are shocking.

Mr Walker
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Whoever wrote this is either fucking him or his mother - that band are shocking.

They did a splendid cover of The Pointer Sisters' song 'Automatic'.

binnie
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM

As were The Darkness.

Stone Gods were decent enough though......

Jesus Christ
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh Christ......

It wasn't that funny the first time around......

Verily.

Nickdfresh
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Would these assholes just hang it up already? It's not 1979 anymore, and they're inauthentic even with Tyler...

78/84 guy
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Perry is fuckin' kraky on fuckin' something to replace Steven !! Retire already !!! Do another solo disc !! Aerosmith died in the 80's !!

Mr Walker
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Rumour Of The Week: Hagar To Join Aerosmith
gbarton / News, Top Posts / 05/02/2010 12:50pm

Is Sammy Hagar going to replace Steven Tyler as Aerosmith’s frontman?

Earlier this week Classic Rock heard the news that the Chickenfoot (and former Montrose/Van Halen) singer had agreed to sing with the Boston band on a forthcoming world tour.

A source told us:

“The idea is for Sammy and Aerosmith to rake in big bucks on the road while leaving Steven Tyler to sort out his problems. Then Tyler would return to the band in a couple of years’ time.”

Hagar, we reckon, is one of the few singers who could handle Tyler’s scat singing style and idiosyncratic lyrics. So the story made a strange kind of sense.

We contacted Hagar’s manager, John Carter, and told him we had it on good authority that Sammy was joining Aerosmith.

Carter reponded: “Good authority must mean The Enquirer because his Led Zep gig conflicts with the Aerosmith job.

“Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with Chickenfoot to start the second album in April.”

The Aerosmith camp declined to comment.

binnie
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Doubt it'll happen..........

Joe Perry has ears, right?

sadaist
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Rumour Of The Week: Hagar To Join Aerosmith
gbarton / News, Top Posts / 05/02/2010 12:50pm

Is Sammy Hagar going to replace Steven Tyler as Aerosmith’s frontman?

That would be terrific.

Let an entire other group of fans experience why Van Halen fans dislike this guy so much. I say go for it. Misery loves company. Those Aerosmith fans can be welcome here anytime to vent.

Mr Walker
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
To be honest... I might go see them if they tapped Dave to fill in for a summer fling.

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
dave who?

Mr Walker
02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
dave who?

Super Dave Osbourne... the guy who plays golf with Larry on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'.

GreenBayLA
02-05-2010, 10:16 PM
AeroSammy would suck balls! Joe says 4 or 5 guys are interested, some people mentioned Cinderella's Tom Keifer, I dunno maybe it could work. But a poster on Blabbermouth.net offered up the first name that has really lit my fire, Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks!!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:n7GacSr-NCUaGM:http://www.rockshoppe.com/pinups/rock_pinup/r_michae4.jpg http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KNEaekNMeh4K-M:http://spc.fotolog.com/photo/12/13/80/sergi6_gnr/1221773858173_f.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFYz0QP5xBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFYz0QP5xBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No word on whether the new Aero frontman has to be on the wagon but it could really backfire out on the road with a hard partyin' rock n roll singer and 4 uber sober dudes, just sayin...

GreenBayLA
02-06-2010, 04:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaeKJmsojms&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaeKJmsojms&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Terry
02-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Is it really gonna shatter anybody's world if Aerosmith break up?

bueno bob
02-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Well thank God Paul Rodgers turned Perry down on the invite...seriously, the Pseudo-Queen thing was bad enough, I couldn't even begin to imagine how awful he'd be in the Aeroshits...

Wasn't somebody talking Lenny Kravitz a while back? I might actually be somewhat interested in that, that might be kinda cool.

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
02-06-2010, 11:38 PM
lenny kravitz? whos he?

GreenBayLA
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Thanx Mr Walker, I'm so there next month!
Michael Monroe March 12 - Hollywood, CA @ Viper Room

I heard Lenny Kravitz declined the Aero slot. Imagine the fan backlash and possible lawsuits any new singer would get, all for a one-off tour...

Panamark
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Man....

Hagar ??? As much as I dislike what Aerosmith become,
I wouldn't wish Hagar on anyone.

Although I guess its not new material we are talking.
Its just imitating the real singer..

Ah fuckit.... He can't even get that right...

Man, Joe must be back into the pharmaceuticals also..
Dont they realize this is prime time for the real Aerosmith
to record ??? This is when they are at their best !

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Joe Perry's new solo discs have been better than anything Aerosmith has done in years. So why keep this debacle going?

Terry
02-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Joe Perry's new solo discs have been better than anything Aerosmith has done in years. So why keep this debacle going?

$

Pure and simple.

Joe Perry solo, as good as it might be musically, won't garner but a fraction of Aerosmith. Not in album sales or ticket sales.

chefcraig
02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
$

Pure and simple.

Joe Perry solo, as good as it might be musically, won't garner but a fraction of Aerosmith. Not in album sales or ticket sales.

And 4/5ths of Aerosmith with a questionable singer in place of Tyler will? The plan holds water like a cheese grater. The whole thing reminds me of that period during the eighties when Mick and Keith were dueling in the press, and at one point it was rumored that the Stones would be touring with Roger Daltrey supplying the vocals. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed then, and hopefully will do so as well here.

sadaist
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
AeroSammy would suck balls!

Hehe. Found this snippet online with a list of potential replacement singers.

Sammy Hagar

"Few things are worse than the music of Aerosmith. The music of Sammy Hagar is one of them. It's a scientifically proven fact that no band has ever improved after the addition of Sammy Hagar. A swift high-pitched hhhHHHheyyyyy-a! is it all takes for Hagar to effectively lop the balls off any rock band. Perhaps that's what it'll take for the world to see what a wimpy-ass band Aerosmith truly are at their core. Also, he'll make them look young."

Aerosmith in Crisis: Who Will Replace Steven Tyler? - Nashville Music - Nashville Scene - Nashville Cream (http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/2009/12/who_will_replace_steven_tyler.php)

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 02:14 PM
$

Pure and simple.

Yeah, that's true. But like this guy doesn't have enough money??

Jack68
02-07-2010, 03:12 PM
And 4/5ths of Aerosmith with a questionable singer in place of Tyler will? The plan holds water like a cheese grater. The whole thing reminds me of that period during the eighties when Mick and Keith were dueling in the press, and at one point it was rumored that the Stones would be touring with Roger Daltrey supplying the vocals. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed then, and hopefully will do so as well here.

I remember that and Keith saying it would be big improvement.:biggrin:

bueno bob
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Joe Perry's ever changing summary of events just took another twist...apparently he recently told some European press that Steven "isn't quitting the band, nor is he being fired"...and that "We're not daft enough to think that we can replace him after 40 years" or some such thing...and that "Steven may be gone for up to 2 years, but I think it'll be shorter than that...we may only end up doing 10 shows with another singer"...

The whole thing's over at Blabbermouth for the reading...all in all, it ends up to being an ongoing publicity stunt, I think, one which I'm sure Tyler's completely involved in.

LAME.

bueno bob
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
lenny kravitz? whos he?

The troll act is getting old. You're a stupid fucking alias on top of that...they broke the mold after 3LR, so just quit trying.

Terry
02-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Agreed, but what's in a name?

Quite a bit.

4/5ths of Aerosmith, even a Tylerless Aerosmith, by name brand recognition alone I think would tend to outdraw the same 4/5ths of a Tylerless Aerosmith that toured under the name "The Joe Perry Project".

The difference is made up in the number of casual fan attendees who just wanna go see "Aerosmith"...I'm convinced that more and more of these types of people are the ones filling the seats at gigs these days.

Much the same would apply to Tyler ditching the rest of the band and going out on his own under the name Aerosmith. It's the same name factor that keeps a substantial amount of non-diehards going to see KISS concerts year after year; they don't really give too much of a shit about who is in the band, long as the name is in place.

sadaist
02-07-2010, 06:47 PM
all in all, it ends up to being an ongoing publicity stunt, I think, one which I'm sure Tyler's completely involved in.

LAME.

No doubt. You think we would have a popular thread about Aerosmith right now if it weren't for this drama? Since their music can't get them any publicity anymore, they're angling for anything.

GreenBayLA
02-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Agreed, but what's in a name?

Quite a bit.

\.

Pink Floyd comes to mind. David Gilmour did good business as Pink Floyd while Roger Waters solo, not so much.

Mr Walker
02-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Tom Jones For Aerosmith? Don’t Rule It Out
mdome / News / 08/02/2010 12:03pm

Joe Perry has told Classic Rock that one name Aerosmith might consider as a stand-in for Steven Tyler is… Tom Jones!

Says Perry: “He’s got a great set of pipes, so why not? I’ve played with him before, and know he could bring something extra to the band. We haven’t approached him yet, but if he were interested that would be great. Imagine the interest Tom would generate.”

The Welsh warbler was, of course, amusingly linked with the vacant Black Sabbath job nearly 25 years ago. In fact, it was an April Fool’s joke by Kerrang! magazine in 1984.

Perry now insists that, whoever the band bring in, this will be on a temporary basis, while Tyler pursues other activities. But, as soon as Tyler’s ready to return it will be business as usual for Aerosmith.

Terry
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Pink Floyd comes to mind. David Gilmour did good business as Pink Floyd while Roger Waters solo, not so much.

Exactly. That's why the legal knives were sharpened up a few years after The Final Cut was released and Waters wanted to pursue a solo career. Gilmour knew damn well what the Pink Floyd name was worth. Same goes for Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath, etc.

Tend to agree with others that the longer this current Aerosmith biz goes on, the more it comes across as a lame attempt by Perry and Tyler to generate interest in an old band that has little new to offer musically.

FORD
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM

That's funny, because I remember Keith saying it was bullshit, because there's no way he could stand listening to Daltrey's voice for 2 hours every night.

And that's when Daltrey actually could sing! :biggrin:

MAX
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Believe this or not but I fully remember back around '87-'88 during the height of the feud between Mick and Spleef, Keith came on MTV and said he wanted Terence Trent D'Arby. No joke cos I remeber being absolutely floored going WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

And I even liked his song "Wishing Well" at the time.

MAX
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
And that's when Daltrey actually could sing! :biggrin:

He doesn't sound too bad for being 65 years old. I thought he and Pete rocked during the game last night. It was nice to have a real rock show opposed to titney and Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunctions. IMO

As I told DG, I tripped out thinking it's been 20 years now since I saw The Who on their 25th aniversary tour!!!

Crezziness!!!

FORD
02-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Exactly. That's why the legal knives were sharpened up a few years after The Final Cut was released and Waters wanted to pursue a solo career. Gilmour knew damn well what the Pink Floyd name was worth.

Yeah, because when Gilmour and Nick Mason released their first post-breakup album under their own names, it tanked. That album has been disappeared from history as if it never existed. It was every bit as much of a "Pink Floyd" album as "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" or "The Division Bell" were, so I'm surprised they haven't repackaged it as another fake Floyd album.

kwame k
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Pink Floyd without Roger Waters was huge....their albums sold really well and they were playing stadiums.

I never understood the attraction and even though the live shows seemed to played well, it was never Pink Floyd, IMHO.

If Joe Perry and Co think they can just shove someone out there as their front man and go out and rape the masses, I think they'll be disappointed.

Go the safe and easy route and take an orchestra out on tour, "reworking" the classic songs. It'll feed the egos that seem to be starving for attention. Have "guest" singers come out and film it all for pay-per view.

If you're going to be whores might as well go all the way.

FORD
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I think the fake Floyd tours sold well because they put on a Hell of a stage show and played a lot of the old hits, even though they didn't sound quite right with hired guns singing Waters' parts.

In the summer of 1994 I worked for the pyro company that did the fake Floyd show in Vancouver BC. If I had only worked there a couple weeks earlier, I could have scored free tickets & backstage passes. The company was owned by these rednecks who honestly didn't know who "Pink Floyd" was, so they passed on the tickets. Idiots.:duh:

chefcraig
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, because when Gilmour and Nick Mason released their first post-breakup album under their own names, it tanked. That album has been disappeared from history as if it never existed. It was every bit as much of a "Pink Floyd" album as "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" or "The Division Bell" were, so I'm surprised they haven't repackaged it as another fake Floyd album.

Do you mean the Profiles album? If so, that was made by Mason and one of the late in the day members of 10cc (well after Godley and Creme had split) and was attributed to Mason and (Rick) Fenn. It was a mostly instrumental album, and Gilmour only showed up for vocals on one track called "Lie For A Lie" (below).

Those interested can hear the entire album at Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2D454F237F011ABC&search_query=nick+mason+rick+fenn&rclk=pti), but it really isn't worth the effort.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJvFAyNZegI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJvFAyNZegI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
He doesn't sound too bad for being 65 years old. I thought he and Pete rocked during the game last night. It was nice to have a real rock show opposed to titney and Aerosmith, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunctions. IMO

As I told DG, I tripped out thinking it's been 20 years now since I saw The Who on their 25th aniversary tour!!!

Crezziness!!!

it's hell getting old ain't it?;)

Igosplut
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
If you're going to be whores might as well go all the way.

That's the problem. They were much better at BUYING whores than being them.......

binnie
02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Things is, the classic Aerosmith line-up has been touring regualrly for so long there's not really any demand for a sub-par version.

If CVH had toured America every year since 1989, then Sped, Al, Dave and Wolfie would have done fuck all money. But after 25 years, 75% was better than 0

kwame k
02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
That's the problem. They were much better at BUYING whores than being them.......

Agreed :beers8:

Terry
02-08-2010, 09:06 PM

I enjoyed Gilmour's About Face album. Think that came out in 1984 or 1985(?). Somewhere inbetween The Final Cut and Momentary Lapse. It had some decent stuff on it. But it had shit sales. Gilmour learned quickly.

Momentary Lapse was described by Waters as a "clever forgery" and I'd have to agree.

kwame k
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
DETROIT (Billboard) – Aerosmith will add more European dates to its summer itinerary to follow up the booking at the Download Festival in England, a spokeswoman said.

Effectively signaling a settling of differences between rehab-prone frontman Steven Tyler and his frustrated bandmates -- Aerosmith will precede its June 13 Download date with an appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10 in Solvesborg.

A U.K. spokeswoman for the band told Billboard.com that other European dates will be announced shortly.

"There's no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler," said Download promoter Andy Copping. "There's no point in entertaining anything other than (with) Steven Tyler."

Rest here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100219/music_nm/us_aerosmith;_ylt=ApQ.int9o1bSwV5rttAnXB2VEhkF;_yl u=X3oDMTJqMWh2b2M5BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwMjE5L3VzX2Fl cm9zbWl0aARwb3MDMTQEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcn lfbGlzdARzbGsDcmV1bml0ZWRhZXJv)

binnie
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Starting the whole 'Tyler's leaving' stories were just hype to garner the band some attention....

kwame k
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Starting the whole 'Tyler's leaving' stories were just hype to garner the band some attention....

Gotta agree with ya, Binnie.......sure looks that way.

Sure didn't hurt The Joe Perry Project either....notice every story mentions he's on tour with a new album.

twonabomber
02-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Believe this or not but I fully remember back around '87-'88 during the height of the feud between Mick and Spleef, Keith came on MTV and said he wanted Terence Trent D'Arby. No joke cos I remeber being absolutely floored going WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

And I even liked his song "Wishing Well" at the time.

TTD had some okay stuff. i think Columbia signed him thinking he'd be their version of Prince, but it didn't turn out that way.

chefcraig
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Terrific...in other words, the band has gotten to the point of looking to the actions of internet trolls for tips on self promotion. :duh:

FORD
02-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Terrence Trent Darby didn't do well with INXS. I imagine he would have done even worse with the Stones.

bueno bob
02-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Gotta agree with ya, Binnie.......sure looks that way.

Sure didn't hurt The Joe Perry Project either....notice every story mentions he's on tour with a new album.

Yeah. The whole thing was quite obviously a publicity stunt, considering Aerosmith wasn't really getting a lot of publicity before all this kicked up - and the Joe Perry Project sidenotes along with every article kinda spelled all that out.

The fact that Aerosmith are booked for shows with Steven kinda says it all pretty clearly. In a perfect world, this obvious media manipulation would screw over their reputation and they'd be relegated to playing clubs with 40 people within the year.

binnie
02-21-2010, 03:14 PM
It's all a mask for the fact that they couldn't record a half-way decent record these days if they had guns put to their heads......

GreenBayLA
02-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Today I got an email from AeroForce One that said:
Aerosmith Picks Lead Singer for 2010 Tour!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMImPYuCAU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMImPYuCAU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Classic Tallarico!
Cocked, Locked and Ready To Rock.
OR
Cock Blocked but Ready To F*ck.

binnie
02-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Ker-ching!

Dan
02-26-2010, 03:12 AM
That's Really,Really Fucking Sad.:rolleyes:

sadaist
02-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Joe doesn't seem all too happy. He's sitting there with no smile & texting on his phone. LOL.

But it's bullshit that the only way they can promote a tour is by setting up a shitload of fake drama. Just release a decent song.

Mr Walker
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I just listened to the latest Joe Perry Project disc 'Have Guitar, Will Travel' a few times... it sucks.

Strung
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I just listened to the latest Joe Perry Project disc 'Have Guitar, Will Travel' a few times... it sucks.

Really?

Well fuck scratch that one off my list.

hambon4lif
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Really?

Well fuck scratch that one off my list.Does your wife know you're on the internet? Or are you about to get busted and put on a 'time out' for another 2 years?

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
And they think they're soooooo funny pranksters or what?

binnie
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM

I wouldn't say it sucked, but it's an odd choice of singer...

chefcraig
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't say it sucked, but it's an odd choice of singer...

On the other hand, the guy is a vast improvement over Joe, who does himself (and the listener) no favors when he steps up to the microphone. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Surprise/surprised-020.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Surprise-Smileys.html)