PDA

View Full Version : Ok So Prez Bows To Emperor Hirohito

Hardrock69
11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I see in the news the cuntservatives have their panties all in a bunch now.

Goddamn these idiots are stupid.

They are so clueless, and have so little to offer the American Public, that they have to grasp at ANY little thing they can to try to raise a ruckus, now that their worst nightmare has come true....they have a (O Mi Gawd!) black man in office.

So in this case, Prez was doing the culturally correct thing to do when one is in Japan.

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcpeb.jpg

The cuntservatives cannot handle it. They are grasping at straws to find something wrong with what Prez did.

Obama bends almost double as he bows to Japanese royalty | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1227822/Obama-bends-double-bows-Japanese-royalty.html)

The article at the above link says right up front:

Standing at over six foot in height, Barack Obama had to bow deeply as he paid his respects to the diminutive Japanese Emperor Akihito.

But the comical sight, which saw the President bend almost double, will no doubt earn him nods of approval in Japan, where a low bow is a sign of great respect and deference.

I must assume the Retardlicans are going to scream bloody murder over anything Obama does (hey they have already shown their willingness to freak out over anything Obama does, no matter how trivial).

They really should rename their party to "Retardlican", as they cannot run this country efficiently, and are so afraid that if someone who is an intellectual were to get in office they could actually run the country properly, and improve our world at the same time, something no Retardlican on the face of the Earth has been unable to do so far, as their party platform is so heavily chained to an outmoded, inefficient, hypocritical and close-minded religion (Christianity).

Retardlicans are always screaming and crying about countries where Islam is the basis of the laws of the country, like Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc.

What they don't want anyone pointing out is that the bullshit happening in those countries is no different than what happens in America when Retardlican's are in power. If they had their way, everyone would be forced to go to Church 10 times a week, women would be treated like animals, all alcohol would be illegal, dancing, music and art would be illegal, and there would be no such things as free speech, freedom of religion, etc.

So how is Christianity any different from Islam when it comes to governing a country?

It has a different name.

That is about all.

Why are Christians not worshipping Hitler? I mean they hate Jews, and they wish people who do not believe in that Jesus character would burn in Hell.

Christians SHOULD worship Hitler, as he had the balls to carry out a plan that they wish they could do.....Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews.

So what the fuck do cuntservatives have to bitch about?

You would think they would want to improve the lives of the American people (and people in other countries), but since they are unable to actually do anything to achieve that goal, all they can do is sit around with their under-age, gay prostitute lovers and smoke crack and complain about how fucked the world is.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

jhale667
11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Mush Limdick probably got aroused when he saw that picture...betting the Repukes will be in a frenzy by this afternoon...

Big Train
11-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Right, but when Bush holds hands with Muslims, liberal panties are twisted. Why not hold the same argument across the board?

jhale667
11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Right, but when Bush holds hands with Muslims, liberal panties are twisted. Why not hold the same argument across the board?

Wait...you're actually going to try to draw that anaolgy? Like somehow what Obama did (the traditional act of bowing in an Asian culture) to Bush holding hands with, and kissing the Saudi dude on the lips is similar? :hee:

Suuuuure. Run with that one...

FORD
11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Bowing in Japan is the equivalent of the handshake in the US. Maybe the reich wingers would have preferred the "respectful" approach of Poppy Bush?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnOnDatqENo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnOnDatqENo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Reagan never did any of that crap...

Neither did kennedy, if i'm not mistaken...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I used to love watching the ladies in those kimonos, although they're not seen as much as you'd think.... More miniskirts than kimonos... ;)

Remember I brought a cheapie kimono home from leave one year and gave it to a girl who always flirted with me... Got me a nice piece of ass... :D

Big Train
11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Wait...you're actually going to try to draw that anaolgy? Like somehow what Obama did (the traditional act of bowing in an Asian culture) to Bush holding hands with, and kissing the Saudi dude on the lips is similar? :hee:

Suuuuure. Run with that one...

If we are talking culture norms, it's not about me running with it, it's about you catching up with the way of the world. It is normal (if albeit gay to us) to them and what one would do. Most leaders would do that with them and I'm sure there are pics all over the place.

But I guess you need to wait to the Obama "I'm sorry about the US" tour rolls into the Middle East for an extended period to see that photo-op.

jhale667
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
If we are talking culture norms, it's not about me running with it, it's about you catching up with the way of the world. It is normal (if albeit gay to us) to them and what one would do. Most leaders would do that with them and I'm sure there are pics all over the place.

Never seen any previous Prez make out with a Saudi leader, sorry...

But I guess you need to wait to the Obama "I'm sorry about the US" tour rolls into the Middle East for an extended period to see that photo-op.

:rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
You just gotta wonder why Obama is there in the first place. To talk the Chinese into helping to dollar be worth more than twenty cents ??

Big Train
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Perhaps not make out (if that is not photoshopped, gotta wonder), certainly "affectionate.

http://writingcompany.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/clinton_arafat.jpg

lesfunk
11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
So Obama has been Pez for almost a year and the one thing he's done right is bow properly to the Japanese Emperor.

He's the best President ever!

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I meant japanese...:biggrin:

Mushroom
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
this is a stupid news article. obviously the press is bored if they have to print this kind of stuff. I could care less!

Everyone was up in arms when the First Lady "touched" Queen Elizabeth - My God - I can't believe it! Off with her head! Big Fucking Deal.

And now, the President tries to appeas "tradition" and/or "Culture" and it becomes a big to do about nothing. Again, Big Fucking Deal.

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, George Washington and John Adams refused to shake hands with other political leaders...

kwame k
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah Obama should just say fuck-you to all other cultures and traditions. Worked so well for the last guy:umm:

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Check this out...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHEposwhovk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHEposwhovk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Hmmm...

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah Obama should just say fuck-you to all other cultures and traditions. Worked so well for the last guy:umm:

I don't remember Bush being refused a handshake...

kwame k
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Cultures and traditions!

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Bownig down to an Emperior is not necessary, and BTW, did the Emperior bow to Obama ??

No, he did not!

Mushroom
11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Seven Years in Tibet was a great movie

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
And hey, maybe Obama bowing to the Emperor is looked at as being sarcastic...

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:31 PM
It's like Obama is pretending to suck any dick no matter what it might be infected with...

kwame k
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
You get all that from one bow, ELVIS?

ELVIS
11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
No, just speculating...

kwame k
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Cool!

Big Train
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/11/on-president-obamas-bow-to-the-japanese-emperor-an-academic-friend-writes-that-both-the-left-and-the-right-are-wrong.html

Are we all wrong? Tapper says so.

On President Obama's Bow to the Japanese Emperor, An Academic Friend Writes That Both the Left and the Right Are Wrong
November 15, 2009 2:53 PM

An old friend -- an academic with expertise about the Japanese Empire, and in general a supporter of President Obama -- sends me the following note, relating to photographs of President Obama bowing to Emperor Akihito of Japan.

"This picture shows two things," my friend writes.

"1) The 'right' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"2) The 'left' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"His bow is neither (1) unprecedented nor (2) a sign of cultural understanding.

"At their 1971 meeting in Alaska, the first visit of a Japanese Emperor to America, President Nixon bowed and referred to Emperor Hirohito and his wife repeatedly as 'Your Imperial Majesties.'"

(See that picture HERE.)

"Yet, (and?) Nixon gets the bow right. Slight arch from the waist hands at his side.

"Obama's handshake/forward lurch was so jarring and inappropriate it recalls Bush's back-rub of Merkel.

"Kyodo News is running his appropriate and reciprocated nod and shake with the Empress, certainly to show the president as dignified, and not in the form of a first year English teacher trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.

"The bow as he performed did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms....The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak looking American president and, again, in all ways, he unintentionally played that part.

"BTW, Obama's bow at Suntory Hall was much better. Correct angle, slight bow. His hands were wrong but the physical tone was correct and appropriate.

"But if Obama can get the dollar to stop bowing to the Yen I take it all back."

lesfunk
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Bownig down to an Emperior is not necessary, and BTW, did the Emperior bow to Obama ??

No, he did not!

They're probably racists.

ULTRAMAN VH
11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=ELVIS;1400404]Check this out...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHEposwhovk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHEposwhovk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Hmmm...

This current president certainly lacks a Command Presence. Lets hope he never has to step into the octagon with Vlad Putin, he would get tapped pretty quick.:hee:

Jesus Christ
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh my Dad ye people readeth far too much into these things. :jesuslol:

Hardrock69
11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Haha Jesus is the only one to figure it out...
:lol:

Nickdfresh
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
No, just speculating...

Or melting down...