PDA

View Full Version : OK all you "House" haters

Sensible Shoes
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7qf0czAots&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7qf0czAots&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

chefcraig
11-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Look I love the show, but even I must admit that outside of the terrific two hour season premier, the show has been mediocre at best this season. And for a show about a doctor, the explanation for him no longer needing pain medication makes absolutely zero medical sense.

Why Take Painkillers for Your Pain When You Can Take Up a Hobby Instead? (http://reason.com/blog/2009/10/02/why-take-painkillers-for-your)

And it pisses me off. The show's entire premise is the guy is a brilliant, narcotic abusing, very funny lunatic (sort of like the gifted, very smart stoners I knew in high school). This is a fellow that drugged himself in order to hallucinate, and at one point faked an illness in order to get some nifty new drug shot into his brain.

Now he just comes off as an embittered asshole. And I see people like that at work everyday. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Cold-Smileys/)

Anonymous
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, one of Hugh Laurie's many talents is playing several instruments.

I wouldn't be surprised if he talked about Eddie V. in real life.

But Chef may be more right about his character than you are, Shoes. But don't worry, you're still much more sexy than Chef could ever dream of being.

You see, the problem with these "wacky", strong headed characters is that while lead characters on a TV show they are lovable, witty, and yes, even funny, in real life they'd be just... assholes.

Cheers! :bottle:

Sensible Shoes
11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Shows run their course. The "law and order" formula only lasted one season, then the characters were seriously developed. The moment that touchy feely stuff starts, it has to end at some point.

I found the whole Amber thing completely unbelievable - and the season opener, while good, had some EXTREMELY far fetched plot turns. The murdered dictator line is stretching it and too damned political. The Cuddy/baby/lover plot line is pure puking soap opera. But the BEST thing about this season is that House clearly ain't much better after a stint in rehab and therapy. And I'm betting his leg is NOT feeling any better. And that, my friends, is reality. People don't change. And I love the bastard. Much better watching him than dealing with the assholes you work with.

Anonymous
11-18-2009, 08:12 PM
And I love the bastard. Much better watching him than dealing with the assholes you work with.

He'd be that asshole in real life... the only difference is that he wouldn't actually know everything, he'd just believe he did.

Anonymous
11-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Fuck it, I'm starting a Hugh Laurie appreciation thread.

Seshmeister
11-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I agree with everything in this thread, the show is slowly going downhill. It has been since about season 4.

It's still watchable but if I had come across it now I probably wouldn't start watching it.

The writers are obviously struggling but they have to come up with insane amounts of these in a fairly closed scenario - we're up to episode 120.

This is a bit nerdy but it's interesting that if you check the original creator of the series usually writes the season finales and sometimes the premiers and they tend to be much better than the average episode.

FORD
11-19-2009, 12:05 AM
The most recent episode was kinda weak.... not so much the medical case, but the fact that House just calls up Taub and 13 out of nowhere and manages to con both of them into rejoining his team practically instantly. And the implication that House was responsible for breaking up Chase & Cameron's marriage (as a convenient way to write her off the show) was a bit much.

But it's still better than anything else on TV. Which says a lot about the results of media consolidation (even more than the right wing news bias does)

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 02:06 AM
The good thing about all the piracy of TV and films these days is that I'm actually on the same episode as you guys at the moment as the networks have realised that if they keep showing stuff months later over here, everyone just goes and downloads it instead.

Even being a week behind in Lost isn't acceptable to the SM who is absolutely obsessed with that dumb program and made me download it for her from torrents.

The last series of the Sopranos was torture trying to avoid spoilers here and everywhere else for 10 weeks or something...

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Jesus I really shouldn't get into another dumb argument on YouTube... :)

kuri11111118 (4 months ago) Show Hide
What is the name of this song??

ISHMAEL27 (2 months ago) Show Hide

it`s "ain`t talking bout love - van halen" but slightly different key, and a few notes skipped. but that`s it :)

seshme (2 hours ago) Show Hide
No it's not

ISHMAEL27 (16 minutes ago) Show Hide
yes it is :)

How can a 27 year old Jewish guy be so dumb?

It's the way people on YouTube go out of their way to respond to questions they completely don't know the answer to with great authority.

GAR
11-19-2009, 02:19 AM
My butthole tickles.

Seshmeister
11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Speak of the devil... :)

ELVIS
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
At least this place has a bit more logic and authority on topics than YouTube. If you read the comments on most clips, it doesn't matter if you go up or down. It makes about the same amount of nonsense either way and the end result is the same...a huge waste of time...