PDA

View Full Version : It's Memorial Day...Thanks Vets...

Dave's PA Rental
05-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Gonna sticky this for a day or two...

To anyone who has served...

To anyone who has lost someone who served...

Thank you for protecting the greatest nation that has ever been...

I love America...it's not perfect, but it's the best.

Thanks Vets.

Dave's PA Rental
05-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks Sarge...thanks to your new wife for serving in Iraq...

Dave's PA Rental
05-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks to my great uncle who died in Northern France in 1944...

Thanks to anyone else who lost a loved one...

madraoul
05-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Great thread. Let's put politics aside and pray for our brave troops in the Middle East.

lms2
05-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes. Agreed, Excellent Post. Thank you to all service men and women, active duty or state side. Thank you again to all Veterans, past, present, and future.

To all of you whom we owe this life as we know it. Thank you.

We Salute you. God bless and keep you all the days of your lives-and your eternity.

To my sister, my father, my grand father, four uncles, two ex-boyfriends, my nephew, and few really close friends. Thank you.

A special blessing to everyone who has lost life, limb or loved one in combat; with a really big hug and an extra prayer of forgiveness sent out to those who have done so in friendly fire. May you always feel in your heart what it means to those who will never know you.

Viking
05-30-2004, 10:25 PM
As an old cannon cocker from Ft. Sill, you're welcome from the bottom of my heart. GOD BLESS! :killer:

RogueHorseman
05-30-2004, 11:19 PM
With the greatest of respect and admiration, WE SALUTE YOU

guwapo_rocker
05-30-2004, 11:22 PM
And to all of the Canadians that served as well as the U.S. Soldiers
God Bless!!v

Viking
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
And thanks to my late father, who also served in the army, as well. Sitting on his can, drinking beer he kept under the console, and spinning records for Armed Forces Radio in Stuttgart in '54. His status was such that he wasn't allowed to eat in the mess hall with the rest of the troops - he had to go eat in RESTAURANTS, for PR purposes. And if he wasn't there, he was at the home of our Uncle Karl, stuffing homeomade German cooking in his face. (What gods of fate worked the magic to get that man assigned a tour of duty in not only the country of our family's origin, but to the very region that our relatives still inhabit? Amazing.) LOL :D Ah, but he was in a light artillery platoon before he got that pie-assed gig, so he got his hands dirty. :D

ZOSO
05-31-2004, 01:47 AM
God bless my father, who served in Vietnam as a Navy SEAL (Team 2) and ultimately died as a result. He was exposed to Agent Orange some time during his tour in Nam, which resulted in a five-year battle w/ lymphoma starting in late 97. He passed away in early 2002 after 2 bone marrow transplants and a year of remission. Through all of those times I really saw just what kind of strength he had-the same strength he used to defend our values and freedoms. Make no mistake, my father wasn't drafted-He turned down a ride to the Airforce Academy and enlisted in the navy. His belief was that the country didn't have to tell him when he was needed; he was completely aware of that. His determination and honor will always inspire me to succeed in life-After all, he gave his life so that I could have the opportunity to make the most of myself, so I'd be ungrateful if I did otherwise.

I appreciate everyone who's given out a thanks to those with fallen loved ones. It really means a lot.

MAX
05-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Yep, thanks to all of our people serving and to all that have served our stellar nation!!!!

flappo
05-31-2004, 06:15 AM
..that's the one thing i admire aboot you yanks

..your allegiance to your country

..wot a shame us limey's don't feel the same way

..some of us , anyway

;)

Jano
05-31-2004, 06:35 AM
GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!!!
You'll be in my heart for ever!
I went to Normandy last week and i visited the american cimetery and Omaha beach .So what can i say...THANK TO YOU !

Sarge
05-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks to everyone who has sacrificed for their country, civilian and military.

SRK
05-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks to everyone who has served and protected this great country of ours. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Warham
05-31-2004, 06:44 PM
My eternal thanks as well to all vets, living and passed, although words cannot even begin to express my thanks.

rustoffa
05-31-2004, 07:04 PM
My father was a WWII veteran, I salute all those past and present involved with protecting and serving the greatest country on the face of the earth. God bless America. And here's to wishing everyone a great holiday.

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/dangerous_goods/vh83.jpg

VANHALEN2004
05-31-2004, 11:34 PM
I would like to thank all our troops. Past & Present. Without you we wouldn't be AMERICA!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

gslinger
06-01-2004, 01:30 AM
God Bless Everyone Who Put Their Life on The Line For Our Freedoms!

My father (RIP) served in WWII.

This is a sobering page:
http://members.aol.com/usregistry/allwars.htm

gslinger
06-01-2004, 01:33 AM
In 1986, I got to visit the Luxembourg American Cemetery & Memorial and stand before General George S Patton Jr.'s grave, which is at the head of 5,076 graves of American's killed in WWII action (Placed a red V in the picture denoting his grave). It was humbling.

gslinger
06-01-2004, 01:34 AM
GSP

Bill Lumbergh
06-01-2004, 02:12 AM
To all vets, living or deceased, you are in my thoughts and thanks for protecting this great nation so selflessly..........

Sarge
06-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
To all vets, living or deceased, you are in my thoughts and thanks for protecting this great nation so selflessly..........

Hey Bill.. did you get the memo..
mmm.. ok
Sarge

Nickdfresh
05-26-2013, 09:47 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969559_10201340093647346_2050700700_n.jpg

ELVIS
05-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Great thread. Let's put politics aside and pray for our brave troops in the Middle East.

Pray for them to do what ??

Carry out unconstitutional orders of the military industrial complex so banks and corporations can do what the fuck they want ??

No thanks...

I'm praying for people to wake up...

Treating people just like pawns in Chess is NOT reason to celebrate...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
05-26-2013, 10:03 AM

Carry out unconstitutional orders of the military industrial complex so banks and corporations can do what the fuck they want ??

No thanks...

Go back into your bunker, dummy...

ELVIS
05-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Go spread some false patriotism, dummy...

Nickdfresh
05-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Go spread some false patriotism, dummy...

Right after you spread some false, feel-good moral vanity based largely on knee jerk-emotiveness and mental illness...

ELVIS
05-29-2013, 03:55 AM
Here's part of our problem as a nation...

cadaverdog
05-29-2013, 05:00 AM

No thanks...

How about praying they come home alive and in one piece you filthy hippy.

ELVIS
05-29-2013, 05:15 AM
How about praying they come home alive and in one piece you filthy hippy.

How 'bout praying the military industrial complex plunges straight into hell, you illiterate scumbag...

cadaverdog
05-29-2013, 09:38 AM
How 'bout praying the military industrial complex plunges straight into hell, you illiterate scumbag...
I will after I get done praying that you shut the fuck up and take your whining ass out of this thread. You're supposed to be thanking vets for serving not whining about the government.

ELVIS
05-29-2013, 10:58 AM
You're wrong fuck face...

Memorial day is to remember vets who died in battle since the civil war...

Veterans day is when you thank Vets, fuck face...

cadaverdog
05-29-2013, 11:05 AM
You're wrong fuck face...

Memorial day is to remember vets who died in battle since the civil war...

Veterans day is when you thank Vets, fuck face...

It's still saying thanx to vets, numbnuts. Of course you're not, you're too busy bitching about the government.

ELVIS
05-29-2013, 07:24 PM
What are you thanking them for, keeping us safe ??

cadaverdog
05-29-2013, 10:06 PM
What are you thanking them for, keeping us safe ??
Serving their country whether you think that's kosher or not.

FORD
05-29-2013, 10:18 PM

No thanks...

It's entirely possible to have respect for those who volunteered to serve this country and at the same time have contempt for those who have forced them to do otherwise.

ELVIS
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I have respect for them and I feel sorry for them, that's one of the reasons this bullshit has to stop...

I also feel for Muslims around the world who have been unfairly demonized...

That's why I pray for EVERYBODY to wake up...

But I don't think it's cool that 20 something year old kids have to return home with no limbs (or not return at all) because our bought off government is using the military to protect Big Pharma interests in Afghanistan, or Monsanto's agricultural interests in Africa, or Oil interests in the Middle east...

It's complete bullshit, manipulation and 100% Malfeasance, and I will NEVER SUPPORT any part of it again...

jhale667
05-30-2013, 12:53 PM
It's entirely possible to have respect for those who volunteered to serve this country and at the same time have contempt for those who have forced them to do otherwise.

:appl:

cadaverdog
05-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Posting here makes me wonder if anyone has anything positive to say about The United States of America. All I see is how corrupt the government is and how nothing our military has ever done was righteous. Every time some nutcase decides to kill innocent civilians watching a movie or attending a sporting event our government is somehow to blame. Anyone who disagrees is automatically an idiot. If you hated your job as much as you hate this country you would have quit by now. Is there anything about this country you do like?
We have our fair share of corrupt politicians. And there are entities out there with way too much influence behind the curtains so to speak pulling strings they shouldn't be allowed to touch. But from what I see here the United States is the most corrupt war mongering country in the whole world. I'm surprised the government didn't get more blame for what happened in Boston recently. I'm also surprised someone hasn't claimed we've been taunting North Korea by backing the evil South Korea. They probably have and I didn't see it.

ELVIS
05-30-2013, 05:34 PM
But from what I see here the United States is the most corrupt war mongering country in the whole world.

You're starting to catch on...