PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

diamondsgirl
11-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone here watch this show?? I think it was just Jimi and I over at RFs.

This last episode was the best of any season, IMO.

Christina: "Hi Dad"
DG: "WTF!!!" :headlights:

this had GOT TO BE the BEST show on television right now!

John Lithgow is soooo fucking creepy.

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/werts/dexter%20lithgow%20hall.jpg

lesfunk
11-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Great show. I've seen every episode

diamondsgirl
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Great show. I've seen every episode

what did you think of last Sundays show?

just when I think I have things figured out...they throw another curve.

awesome stuff

lesfunk
11-28-2009, 03:01 AM
I say "it's on". Battle of the Serial Murderers.
The reporter chick was the one who shot Lundy.... Whoda thunk it? Daughter of Trinity.
Hmmmmm...

diamondsgirl
11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
I say "it's on". Battle of the Serial Murderers.
The reporter chick was the one who shot Lundy.... Whoda thunk it? Daughter of Trinity.
Hmmmmm...

I cant wait til Deb figures it out. She'll say "Holy Mother Fuck". LOL :biggrin:

She is getting close to figuring it out now. The suspense kills me!!:pullinghair:

lesfunk
11-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Tommorrow night.....

jackassrock
11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Deb knows what's up. Expect blood tonight !

diamondsgirl
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Deb knows what's up. Expect blood tonight !

:angryone:

can't wait!

hey, I want to get a guys point of view on Christine cos she irks me

hot or not?

http://www.tvfanatic.com/files/courtney-ford_286x436.jpg

is it me or do she and Quinn look more like brother and sister?

(now THAT would be a twisted twist!! )

http://static.episode39.it/character/1960.jpghttp://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/990/990810/BrandonRo_SGran_10013372_Max_1244056987.jpg

Diamondjimi
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Holy fuck , last weeks episode was a mindfuck for sure. Can't wait for the next episode.
So the reporter is Trinity's daughter. It only makes sense that she shot Deb. This is gonna be nasty. Looks like Dex has 2 people to kill...

POJO_Risin
11-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah...I'm liking this show a ton...

Just watched the first three seasons on Netflix...and am not caught up in the fourth...what a fucking swerve with the girl...

Deb is in line to discover two things...

1. Who shot her and Lundy...

2. Who the CI was that her Dad fucked.

Once that happens...she finds out that Laura Moser had two sons...Brian Moser and Dexter Moser...

As Deb would say...the the fucking fun starts...

Season 5 should be explosive...

POJO_Risin
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
I fucking love how they have downplayed the "Deb searching for the CI" angle...

I've been waiting though...

Diamondjimi
11-29-2009, 04:54 PM

can't wait!

hot or not?

I'd hit it! :D

http://www.tvfanatic.com/files/courtney-ford_286x436.jpg

is it me or do she and Quinn look more like brother and sister?

(now THAT would be a twisted twist!! )

http://static.episode39.it/character/1960.jpghttp://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/990/990810/BrandonRo_SGran_10013372_Max_1244056987.jpg

Shit, that would be beyond twisted considering the fact that they're fuckin...:barf:

:biggrin:

POJO_Risin
11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
By the way...if you haven't read the books...

They are better than the show...if you can believe that...

and quite different.

For example, his brother, the Ice Truck Killer gets away in the first book...

diamondsgirl
11-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Holy fuck , last weeks episode was a mindfuck for sure. Can't wait for the next episode.
So the reporter is Trinity's daughter. It only makes sense that she shot Deb. This is gonna be nasty. Looks like Dex has 2 people to kill...

Dexter will be very busy. And just wait til he finds out that his neighbor is trying to fuck his wife.

I was thinking, maybe he will do Trinity and his daughter together. That would be awesome if they were looking into eachother eyes when he does them.

Kind of a "nod" to Deb and Lundy.

diamondsgirl
11-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Best line last week was:

"Shut up, cunt".

:biggrin:

POJO_Risin
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Dexter will be very busy. And just wait til he finds out that his neighbor is trying to fuck his wife.

I was thinking, maybe he will do Trinity and his daughter together. That would be awesome if they were looking into eachother eyes when he does them.

Kind of a "nod" to Deb and Lundy.

He already killed a "couple."

Was it season 1...when he killed the couple that were killing the Cuban immigrants?

diamondsgirl
11-29-2009, 06:05 PM

Was it season 1...when he killed the couple that were killing the Cuban immigrants?

yup he did

lesfunk
11-29-2009, 11:04 PM

can't wait!

hot or not?

I prefer Rita!

diamondsgirl
11-30-2009, 08:21 AM
That was another great episode! Don't want to spoil it for anyone who Tivo'd.

Best line this week goes to Deb:

"Fuck me twice on Sunday!" :biggrin:

POJO_Risin
11-30-2009, 11:40 PM
The setup for the next two weeks is outstanding, including a shot of the next victim in the bathtub...although not a real surprise...

What is, is who shows up at the precinct...

diamondsgirl
12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
The setup for the next two weeks is outstanding, including a shot of the next victim in the bathtub...although not a real surprise...

What is, is who shows up at the precinct...

it was creepy when he said 'hello Dexter Morgan"

lesfunk
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
What's great about these types of shows is that throughout all the drama, suspense, Danger and plot twists, we know that our protagonist will certainly prevail

lesfunk
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Possibly the most compelling aspect of the entire show is that we're watching Dexter slowly becoming Human.

Golden AWe
12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
I've only watched three seasons so far. It's amazing, but the show gets better and better. It's rare on plot shows like this...especially when you have to keep some kind of credibility and realism in the show. Even "Desperate Housewives" was good at start, for season one, but then they lost it in the plot, and it became a shitty soap opera trying to be twisted and funny. Now Dexter hasn't been fucked up when it comes to writing the continuing plot.

And every time you think it gets easier for Dexter, and things set in just nice, it gets worse and complicated! I larve that...

Jimmy Smits was GRATE as the prosecutor on season 3...best acting I've seen from him. He really showed his emotions well with his acting, even with facial impressions and body expressions only...

Oh yeah, and his real life wife, the sister in the show...I larve the character. Cun't wait for the next season!

Best show ever, besides Sopranos, Law & Order, Rescue Me etc...well probably the Sopranos was even better.

diamondsgirl
12-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Possibly the most compelling aspect of the entire show is that we're watching Dexter slowly becoming Human.

very true

diamondsgirl
12-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I've only watched three seasons so far. It's amazing, but the show gets better and better. It's rare on plot shows like this...especially when you have to keep some kind of credibility and realism in the show. Even "Desperate Housewives" was good at start, for season one, but then they lost it in the plot, and it became a shitty soap opera trying to be twisted and funny. Now Dexter hasn't been fucked up when it comes to writing the continuing plot.

And every time you think it gets easier for Dexter, and things set in just nice, it gets worse and complicated! I larve that...

Jimmy Smits was GRATE as the prosecutor on season 3...best acting I've seen from him. He really showed his emotions well with his acting, even with facial impressions and body expressions only...

Oh yeah, and his real life wife, the sister in the show...I larve the character. Cun't wait for the next season!

Best show ever, besides Sopranos, Law & Order, Rescue Me etc...well probably the Sopranos was even better.

I was thinking the same thing about the Sopranos, I loved that show. Dexter hasnt had a shitty season yet, like the Sopranos did.Their second to last season sucked.

Has anyone watched the animated Dexter called "the Early Cuts"? I love that title. great play on words. :biggrin:

Mr Walker
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Somebody's gonna find that half-shredded pic of Dexter's mother that he threw in his lab desk drawer... I'm guessing it will probably be Quinn.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, check out the clips of my girl in action in this thread...
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55774&highlight=debra+morgan

Mr Walker
12-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Maybe he always was. Sure it was fucked up that he watched his mom get hacked up, but would that cause him to be a serial killer without Harry pretty much raising him to be an assassin. I still feel there are some unanswered questions concerning Dexter's dad that weren't entirely uncovered in the episode back in season one.

Off on a tangent, how come Debra never shows her tits... closest we ever got was some side boobage when she was fucking Dexter's brother. Is she self conscious because they are small.

Remember the first episode of season three when Dexter and Rita were fucking all the time and Rita was tits out naked for more than a few scenes... she's a team player!

Mr Walker
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM

That was the couple his brother fished out of the ocean and put back on display, right?

Mr Walker
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
That was another great episode! Don't want to spoil it for anyone who Tivo'd.

Best line this week goes to Deb:

"Fuck me twice on Sunday!" :biggrin:

Love 'er! :yankeeros

Golden AWe
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Off on a tangent, how come Debra never shows her tits... closest we ever got was some side boobage when she was fucking Dexter's brother. Is she self conscious because they are small.

If we ever live another life, you must stay single and come to Finland Funland...I may have said this before, but I know a girl who looks very much like her...and she has a bad mouth too. I can hook you two up!

Remember the first episode of season three when Dexter and Rita were fucking all the time and Rita was tits out naked for more than a few scenes... she's a team player!

to quote flappo: OOH THE GRATE OLE DAZE

POJO_Risin
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Great set-up for season 4 finale...

It sucks that this'll be Lithgow's last show...

Season five is a lock...and season 6 already being bantered about...

diamondsgirl
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Great set-up for season 4 finale...

It sucks that this'll be Lithgow's last show...

Season five is a lock...and season 6 already being bantered about...

Great news!!

Shit, I did not want this weeks episode to end!

I agree about Lithgow, any word on who the "bad guy" will be next season?

diamondsgirl
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I hope Lithgow wins some kind of award for this performance.

He has been spot on and giving me chills all season.

Mr Walker
12-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Looks like some other people on the internet missed this so I wonder if anyone here did. Punching that dude in the face was not Dexter showing emotion... he knew Rita was watching and he knew what was expected of him... he just wanted to go in the house but he knew he had to put on a show for Rita.

Some fucked up shit is going down next week based on the promo... my gut told me when they showed Dexter being tackled by some cops that they were preventing him from seeing a murder scene... maybe Rita's (kids might be away with her ex's in-laws)?

Jennifer Carpenter says to put your therapist on speed dial for Dexter season finale

If you've been following the fourth season of Dexter and his hunt for the Trinity Killer the way I have, then your butt is practically growing legs and willing to sprint towards this Sunday's season finale.

And now Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Debra Morgan on the show, is urging fans and new viewers alike to "have a good time talking to your therapists about it (the season finale) because it's beyond whatever you may think," according to a recent interview with E! Online.

Of course, this could all be just hype designed to draw in as many eyeballs as possible for a show that's already loaded to the gills with them, but I wouldn't put anything pass a show like Dexter. Despite the unevenness of all the plots this season, the Trinity Killer angle has more than made up for it. Could it be that we don't get to see Dex turn Arthur Mitchell into a human jigsaw puzzle on his kill table?

diamondsgirl
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Looks like some other people on the internet missed this so I wonder if anyone here did. Punching that dude in the face was not Dexter showing emotion... he knew Rita was watching and he knew what was expected of him... he just wanted to go in the house but he knew he had to put on a show for Rita.

Some fucked up shit is going down next week based on the promo... my gut told me when they showed Dexter being tackled by some cops that they were preventing him from seeing a murder scene... maybe Rita's (kids might be away with her ex's in-laws)?

Jennifer Carpenter says to put your therapist on speed dial for Dexter season finale

If you've been following the fourth season of Dexter and his hunt for the Trinity Killer the way I have, then your butt is practically growing legs and willing to sprint towards this Sunday's season finale.

And now Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Debra Morgan on the show, is urging fans and new viewers alike to "have a good time talking to your therapists about it (the season finale) because it's beyond whatever you may think," according to a recent interview with E! Online.

Of course, this could all be just hype designed to draw in as many eyeballs as possible for a show that's already loaded to the gills with them, but I wouldn't put anything pass a show like Dexter. Despite the unevenness of all the plots this season, the Trinity Killer angle has more than made up for it. Could it be that we don't get to see Dex turn Arthur Mitchell into a human jigsaw puzzle on his kill table?

I can't stand the suspense!! :pullinghair:

good call on why Dexter clocked Elliot, he did glance at Rita in the window first, I think

I am watching it again tonight...too fucking good to only watch once

So, do you think maybe Trinity is going to make Rita jump? She fits the profile.

Fuck! I never thought of this! :headlights:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/192/1922283/30_2009/1d107e3f999953aa_dexter-pic.jpg

lesfunk
12-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Trinity would kill Cody first. Bury him alive in cement. That's always the first kill in his cycle and Dexter prevented his last one

lesfunk
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope Rita don't get it. She's a hottie!

Mr Walker
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I can't stand the suspense!! :pullinghair:

good call on why Dexter clocked Elliot, he did glance at Rita in the window first, I think

I am watching it again tonight...too fucking good to only watch once

So, do you think maybe Trinity is going to make Rita jump? She fits the profile.

Fuck! I never thought of this! :headlights:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/192/1922283/30_2009/1d107e3f999953aa_dexter-pic.jpg

I don't think so, unless he completed the first two kills of a new cycle off camera.

lesfunk
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe Trinity will get Rita nekked in the bathtub!

Mr Walker
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Trinity would kill Cody first. Bury him alive in cement. That's always the first kill in his cycle and Dexter prevented his last one

I don't think there would be enough time for that whole grooming process... if Trinity (or Quadnity) kills anyone next week it will be outside of his pattern.

lesfunk
12-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Let's just call him Arthur...

diamondsgirl
12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't think there would be enough time for that whole grooming process... if Trinity (or Quadnity) kills anyone next week it will be outside of his pattern.

he did fuck up that Kyle Butler pretty bad, so he has no problem going off cycle

this is going to get crazy

lesfunk
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
he did fuck up that Kyle Butler pretty bad, so he has no problem going off cycle

this is going to get crazy

Sounds like he's on steroids!:biggrin:

Mr Walker
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM

Right, so if he were to kill Rita, I don't think he'd do so by making her jump.

Off on another tangent... remember when Dexter killed Prado last season... he left his body out in the open. Dexter doesn't necessarily have to chop Arthur up and throw him in the water.

diamondsgirl
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
True.

Mr Walker
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
True.

He did the same with the ice truck killer.

Dexter should have turned Arthur over to Deb... would have made sense that as her brother he used his resources to hunt down the man who they all thought shot her and killed her lover... that way Dexter is out of it and Deb could find some kind of closure in bringing the killer that Lundy was tracking for 30 years to justice.

Then again, that would have been pretty boring... I guess that's why I'm not a TV writer.

BTW... the title of the season finale is 'The Getaway'... chew on that for a few days.

Mr Walker
12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh fuck... just saw this on a Dexter message board...

3319 Meadow Lane = Dexter's House... 8240 Palm Terrace = ??? (Dexter's Apartment???) Arthur's Internet Search Lists 8240 Palm Terrace On The Preview...

Zoey Kruger comfirmed the address of Dexter's house when she pulled him over...

Zoey: "Traffic's heavy on Brickle this time of day... It's 3319 Meadow Lane... Right???"

I re-watched the previews of next weeks episode and it lists 8240 Palm Terrace on the search he does on D. Morgan that Arthur does on the internet then he lets out a huge grin like he knows where Dexter lives but Dexter lives at 3319 Meadow Lane...

I'm guessing that listing is his apartment where Deb lives but there is no apartment number listed on the search so it might not be his apartment either...

I'm guessing it still must be the listing of Dexter's apartment unless he owns property elsewhere that we're unaware of or he tries to lure Arthur to a different location...???

But the different addresses is something I noticed...

diamondsgirl
12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh fuck... just saw this on a Dexter message board...

3319 Meadow Lane = Dexter's House... 8240 Palm Terrace = ??? (Dexter's Apartment???) Arthur's Internet Search Lists 8240 Palm Terrace On The Preview...

Zoey Kruger comfirmed the address of Dexter's house when she pulled him over...

Zoey: "Traffic's heavy on Brickle this time of day... It's 3319 Meadow Lane... Right???"

I re-watched the previews of next weeks episode and it lists 8240 Palm Terrace on the search he does on D. Morgan that Arthur does on the internet then he lets out a huge grin like he knows where Dexter lives but Dexter lives at 3319 Meadow Lane...

I'm guessing that listing is his apartment where Deb lives but there is no apartment number listed on the search so it might not be his apartment either...

I'm guessing it still must be the listing of Dexter's apartment unless he owns property elsewhere that we're unaware of or he tries to lure Arthur to a different location...???

But the different addresses is something I noticed...

oh wow...he is going to break into Deb's place thinking it's Dexter's place? Shit...endless possibilities there!

lesfunk
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Maybe Deb will shoot him dead and rob Dex of a kill!

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Hmmmm...

Deb finds out Dexter is a serial killer...

...but is killed when Trinity finds her instead of Dexter...

imagine season five...if Dexter's sister, the only connection to Harry...is dead.

...and she could still be on the show...

like Harry...as one of the voices in the head. And that crass bitch won't be telling him about any code...

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Or...

Deb finds out who Dexter is...

Rita gets killed...

and Deb doesn't turn in Dexter because he has to raise the kids...

Dexter as a single fucking dad?

Holy Shit...

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I can't help but think there's a swerve...something we don't see....

Deb as a serial killer?

Maybe Deb kills Rita...and marries Trinity?

Maybe Deb marries Dexter...they aren't blood related...

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Holy Shitballs...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkpdMK0FnsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkpdMK0FnsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
The best opening in TV...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ej8-Rqo-VT4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ej8-Rqo-VT4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
And...the mock morning...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-k6WFdU85XE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-k6WFdU85XE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Holy Shitballs...

you said it!!

WTF did I just see! This finale was the biggest mind fuck ever!

:headlights::confused13::confused11::eek: :confused10:

I want Season 5 NOW! :pullinghair:

POJO_Risin
12-14-2009, 06:17 AM
You have to love season finale's in which folks more or less know what's coming...

but are still blown away by it...

Didn't see that coming...didn't see that coming at all...until the phone rang...

Mr Walker
12-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I said 'oh fuck' when he tripped over the toy train in his living room... :(

Mr Walker
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Interesting revelations... including an alternate ending that would have had all of us feeling we were cheated out of something...

When was the decision made to kill off Rita?
CLYDE PHILLIPS: I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn’t quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].

Why Rita?
PHILLIPS: The story evolved and it kind of became inevitable. We knew that we had to do more than kill Trinity. It’s a little bit of a corner that we paint ourselves into. Last year we tried to avoid that and actually I think we didn’t do as well as we could have. We killed off Jimmy Smits’ character [in the 11th episode] of 12 episodes and then we had to figure out what we were going to do in the 12th episode. This season, we knew that we were going to take Trinity out in the 12th episode and we think that the audience knew that, too. We had to raise the bar to as high as possible and then figure out what to do next year.

How did Julie Benz take the news that she was leaving the show?
PHILLIPS: She wasn’t happy. She loved being with us. We loved having her with us. She took it… professionally. She was greatly disappointed. She’s a professional. She works in television. She knew that this was a possibility.

Did Trinity tell Rita about Dexter before he killed her?
PHILLIPS: I don’t know the answer to that question. We haven’t talked about next season. But [my gut says] I would think that he did not tell her.

Might she return as a ghost like Dex’s dad?
PHILLIPS: The answer, at he moment, is no. However, had you asked me two years ago if Lundy was coming back I would’ve said no. We didn’t know he was coming back until this year. It just seemed expedient to the story — to Dexter’s story and to Deb’s story.

Some people thought the game-changing twist was going to involve Deb figuring out that Dexter is a serial killer. How much longer can you stretch out that story before you pay it off?
PHILLIPS: We’ve bounced that around the [writers] room. But once we do that… want to talk about game-changers? Once we do that, the game is changed in a way that we just don’t know how to anticipate just yet.

Will next season be about Dexter juggling serial killing and single fatherhood?
PHILLIPS: He is a single father. But, beyond that, we don’t know. We don’t know if there’s going to be what we call “a Big Bad,” like Jimmy Smiths and John Lithgow, or if it’s going to be more individual, stand-alone stories.

I understand you wrote two endings to throw people off. What was the other ending?
PHILLIPS: While Dexter was packing to leave, he saw on the television that a child murderer had just escaped from prison. Either escaped or fallen thru the cracks. So he’s thinking, “Do I join Rita on vacation or do I…” and then he looks towards the camera and he has this big decision.

That would’ve been disappointing.
PHILLIPS: [Laughs] Yeah. Compared to this? Are you kidding?

Mr Walker
12-14-2009, 09:13 AM
You have to love season finale's in which folks more or less know what's coming...

Didn't see that coming...didn't see that coming at all...until the phone rang...

A lot like the finale for Season One of 24.

diamondsgirl
12-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I said 'oh fuck' when he tripped over the toy train in his living room... :(

I noticed it, but didnt realize the signifigance of it. Fuck.

So many many many possibilities for next season.

Isnt Dexter going to be a suspect? what is his alibi?

diamondsgirl
12-14-2009, 12:15 PM

when the phone rang, I yelled "Noooo!"

Mr Walker
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I noticed it, but didnt realize the signifigance of it. Fuck.

So many many many possibilities for next season.

Isnt Dexter going to be a suspect? what is his alibi?

He should clean up the crime scene, put Rita in garbage bags, toss her overboard and just bail with Harrison to Mexico with that shit load of cash he nicked from Mitchell.

lesfunk
12-14-2009, 02:16 PM
ugh....

Diamondjimi
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I stayed away from this thread until I watched the finale tonight online.

Simply, fucking amazing!
What a twist. I knew it still wasn't over when Dexter got home after killing Trinity. Was watching it with the old Lady, she was sayin "it's done, it's over". I wasn't convinced. Kept tellin her , "wait for it, wait for it!" And sure enough he calls her back and her phone is in the house and then he hears the baby. Plus the fact that he steps on toy trains when he gets home was a subliminal clue...

Shame Rita got whacked, she was hot.

Season 5 is gonna be INSANE! I can't fuckin wait!!!

Mr Walker
12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Sara Colleton (Exec Producer) On Season 5 Possibilites

Will Dexter's Season 5 Jump Ahead in Time?

Though the sting of Dexter's season finale is still fresh, it's time to think about next season. Executive producer Sara Colleton tells TVGuide.com how far in time the show may jump ahead, who the No. 1 suspect in Rita's murder will be and how much the Trinity Killer will play a role in Season 5.

TVGuide.com: Did you feel that you had to push the limits with this finale?
Sara Colleton: It's something that comes so organically with the storytelling of where Dexter [Michael C. Hall] is in his life and what he's learning and what he needs to learn. Of course, when it first comes up, you think, oh no, we can't do that, because we've created these characters and we love them. It became self-evident as we progressed that this is where Dexter needed to be taken.

TVGuide.com: Why exactly did Arthur (John Lithgow) kill Rita (Julie Benz)? Was it just revenge?
Colleton: It's complicated. We left it that way so everyone, based on their own life and their own experiences, would interpret it so it made sense for them. One way to interpret it is that in some bizarre way, Dexter gave Trinity a finality in his situation, that he does this in a bizarre way to trigger Dexter to deal with who he really is. You can only fake it for so long.

TVGuide.com: Do you see Trinity playing a role next season though? Questions will be raised by Rita's murder and Arthur did show up at the police station.
Colleton: All of those things are legitimate. All those questions will obviously be a part of next season. Dexter can't say that he knows Trinity killed Rita and that he just killed Trinity. There are a lot of possibilities and they will all be thrown out in the room to be discussed.

TVGuide.com: Is there a chance that Julie Benz or John Lithgow might return next season to appear to Dexter in his conscious?
Colleton: Anything is possible on this show because it is a theatrical invention, so any of those devices are possible, but again, none of those have been discussed yet.

TVGuide.com: What are the odds that Arthur pushed a woman to her death before killing Rita and being bludgeoned, thus completing the cycle?
Colleton: But did he break the cycle? If you really examine his death scene, Dexter is giving him an opportunity to break the cycle. Rita is the tie-breaker because he says, "It's all over now." Trinity's thing is tied up with the way he hid the reality from himself. In his master plan, this is the gift he has left behind for Dexter. It can be interpreted, if you look closely at the script, in any number of ways.

TVGuide.com: Dexter can't get vengeance for Rita's murder because he already killed Arthur. Is he going to become more bloodthirsty?
Colleton: That's an instinct he may have, but he may not. Hopefully it will be in what we call the "Dexterous response," which is based in human behavior, but uniquely put through the prism of Dexter's special needs. The fact is that he has children now that he is the sole parent of, and how that affects what he does and the choices he makes.

TVGuide.com: Were Paul's parents introduced as an easy out for Cody and Aster to leave Dexter's care?
Colleton: We needed to have the children not be there for this finale. We're trying to find the most interesting way to have to handle this situation because obviously they can always go with their grandmother or their paternal grandparents, or Dexter can take custody of them. It just opens up a variety of ways we can have Dexter deal with his grief.

TVGuide.com: Are you nervous about writing or casting a villain that can live up to or surpass John Lithgow? Might you do without a villain this season?
Colleton: That's something that's on the table to discuss because of the awesomeness of what Dexter has to deal with on an emotional level. Obviously there's going to be an investigation into who killed Rita and the number— and Dexter is going to be involved in that.

TVGuide.com: Were you about to say that Dexter might be the No. 1 suspect in his wife's murder?
Colleton: If you know anything about crimes, usually a spouse is involved. We may jump ahead six months and it could be all handled. What we wanted to do is give ourselves something that gave us the widest range of possibilities. It's so intense on a show like this, so emotionally draining, and we have a scant couple of months before we get in a room again, so all of these things are up for discussion.

Mr Walker
12-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Follow up to the Clyde Williams interview...

Is Rita really dead?
CLYDE PHILLIPS: Yes.

Is Trinity really dead?
PHILLIPS: Yes. Cut up and drifting in the Gulf Stream.

Did Trinity kill Rita?
PHILLIPS: Yes he did. That’s partly what he meant when he said: “It’s already over.”

My readers are pointing out a potential timeline inconsistency: Trinity left Miami while it was still light out, yet in the message Rita left Dexter she commented about how beautiful the moon was that night.
PHILLIPS: Your readers are smarter than we are. Totally missed it. Honest mistake. [Aus here: Turns out the honest mistake was mine. As this clip confirms, Rita actually told Dex that the moon "is going to" be beautiful, thereby eliminating any potential inconsistency. You're off the hook, Clyde! Me and my readers? Not so much.]

Mr Walker
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Julie Benz has bounced back from her shocking Dexter departure with a major role on Desperate Housewives.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Benz — whose character, Rita, succumbed to the most horrific bubble bath in television history in last month’s Dexter finale — has been cast in the recurring role of Debbie, a stripper with a heart of gold and a Masters degree in education. When Susan offers her the chance to transition into a more legitimate career, Deb jumps at it.

Benz is booked for at least three episodes, the first of which is scheduled to air in February.

Thoughts? Happy Benz’ career didn’t die along with Rita? Think she’ll fit in on Wisteria Lane? Sound off below!

lesfunk
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm reading the books now. I finished the first one. It's a good, light, fast paced read. It cuts out all the Deb engaged to the Ice truck Killer subplot B.S..
I read it in like six hours. It's a short book.

diamondsgirl
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Julie Benz has bounced back from her shocking Dexter departure with a major role on Desperate Housewives.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Benz — whose character, Rita, succumbed to the most horrific bubble bath in television history in last month’s Dexter finale — has been cast in the recurring role of Debbie, a stripper with a heart of gold and a Masters degree in education. When Susan offers her the chance to transition into a more legitimate career, Deb jumps at it.

Benz is booked for at least three episodes, the first of which is scheduled to air in February.

Thoughts? Happy Benz’ career didn’t die along with Rita? Think she’ll fit in on Wisteria Lane? Sound off below!

I have never seen Desperate Housewives, but I am glad she was able to get work so quickly. She is a really good actress.

Mr Walker
01-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm reading the books now. I finished the first one. It's a good, light, fast paced read. It cuts out all the Deb engaged to the Ice truck Killer subplot B.S..
I read it in like six hours. It's a short book.

I'm going to try and read all the books in the series to kill time before the next season. My daughter has the second book in the series.
I was at a B Dalton bookstore that was going out of business and selling everything for 50% off, but they didn't have any of the Dexter books.
But I did pick up 'Moon River & Me' the Andy Williams autobiography.

Diamondjimi
01-13-2010, 07:52 PM
'Dexter' star Michael C. Hall being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma

Module body

1 hour, 13 minutes ago

By Lynn Elber, The Associated Press
ADVERTISEMENT

LOS ANGELES - "Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is undergoing treatment for cancer and the disease is in remission, a spokesman said.

"I feel fortunate to have been diagnosed with an imminently treatable and curable condition, and I thank my doctors and nurses for their expertise and care," Hall, 38, said Wednesday in a statement.

The actor was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, which is part of the body's immune system. The disease is considered highly treatable with the potential for full recovery.

Craig Bankey, a spokesman for the actor, said the cancer is in complete remission and Hall's treatment will continue as planned.

When Hall was diagnosed and the name of the Los Angeles-area health facility where he's undergone treatment were not released.

Hall plans to attend Sunday's Golden Globe awards and the upcoming Screen Actors Guild ceremony with his wife, actress Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his sister on Showtime's "Dexter." Hall is a nominee at both awards shows for his role as Dexter Morgan, a serial killer working as a blood-spatter expert.

Bankey said Hall will return to production on the drama's fifth season later this year.

Mr Walker
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
'Dexter' exclusive: Killer season 5 spoilers!
by Michael Ausiello

Still haunted by the sight of Rita’s lifeless, bloody corpse floating in her and Dexter’s bathtub? Then this next story is going to dredge up a lot of bad memories for you. Prior to last night’s PaleyFest ‘10 event honoring Dexter, exec producer Sara Colleton took a few minutes to answer all of my burning questions about the Showtime drama’s highly-anticipated fifth season (slated to premiere in September). Needless to say, Rita’s horrifying murder will have enormous implications for America’s most beloved serial killer. Beware, major spoilers…

Season 5 will pick up right where season 4 left off.
“We have spent the last month sitting around, talking and really debating how best to deal with the aftermath of [Rita's death]. We uniformly decided that we don’t want to jump ahead. We need to see Dexter go through the process that we’d all have to go through if such a horrible thing had happened to us. We need to see him doing everything from the big emotional things like grieving the loss, to the mundane things like arranging a funeral, getting the kids dressed, and all the other things that are usually done for men because their wives or mothers do them. They have no idea how to handle all of these things. As we saw, Rita was really the caretaker of their baby. It would be cheating the audience of their catharsis to not see Dexter go through that mourning period and see how it affects him or to not see him dealing with the blowback of what he essentially caused. So we will not jump to Harrison as a 5 year old yet.”

Season 5 may not feature a Trinity-esque villain.
“John Lithgow is a tough act to follow. If there was ever a year that we could take a step back from the Big Bad formula and go deeper into Dexter and his psychology, this would be that year. That said, Dexter has a dark passenger that won’t go away no matter how much he yearns to be normal. That rears up and needs to be dealt with. He may even dive deeper after this traumatic loss of Rita. We are working on a way that feels original and fresh and unique to what he has just gone through. It cannot be the way it has been before. In [Season 1], he was terrified of any kind of intimacy because intimacy equaled being discovered. Then he slowly realized he had a need to be known and he set up a family and tried the best he could to balance it all. And now, he sees what being known brings him and he had it ripped out from underneath him suddenly and that will have some affect on him.”

Dexter will remain single… for now.
“Anything is possible, but I don’t think Dexter will be in the mood for dating or love anytime soon. That’s not even on our radar right now. He very much loved Rita and they were in a good place right before she was killed so that wound will take quite some time to heal.”

Michael C. Hall kicked cancer’s ass.
“Michael’s in full remission. I just had a three-hour breakfast with him this morning. He’s in great shape and is getting his energy back. We are all very excited to get back to work. The guy is incredibly courageous and worked hard all through last season despite being sick. He’s an amazing human being and actor. It was scary, but the show will go on. We start shooting in late April or May, which is usual. We will not have to stall production.” (Reporting by Carrie Bell)

Mr Walker
05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
In what could be the most unexpected piece of casting news of the week, it's been announced that Julie Benz is rejoining the cast of 'Dexter' for the season 5 premiere this fall.

According to the Ausiello Files Benz will be back playing Dexter's wife Rita Bennett Morgan, who was killed off in the season 4 finale. However, show insiders are keeping mum over exactly how they'll bring the character back. Dexter (Michael C. Hall) is already frequently visited by his dead father, Harry (James Remar), and executive producer Sarah Colleton said they want to avoid using the same plot device for Rita: "If you have too many things like that it becomes gimmicky".

The award-winning show, which debuted on Showtime in 2006, is based on the 'Dexter' series of books by Jeff Lindsay. Set in Miami it follows Dexter Morgan, a serial killer who also happens to work as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department. In season 3 he married his longtime girlfriend Rita, only for her to be murdered by the Trinity Killer (John Lithgow) in the season 4 finale. Aired in December 2009 it was Showtime's most watched original series episode ever.

Dexter's relationship with Rita is a vital part of his "normal" life in the show, and a statement issued by Showtime reads that her return in season 5 "will help him deal with his new-found feelings of loss and grief -- emotions that Dexter Morgan has never really felt before".

Since leaving the cast of 'Dexter' Benz has appeared in several episodes of 'Desperate Housewives' playing Robin Gallagher. This fall she and Michael Chiklis ('The Shield') will star in ABC's new show, 'No Ordinary Family', in which they play the parents in a family who develop superpowers following a plane crash.

Season 5 of 'Dexter' premieres on Showtime this September.

Diamondjimi
05-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Can't wait!!!

diamondsgirl
05-30-2010, 09:42 AM
So, there may not be a serial killer this year? not sure if I like that. But, we will see.

Lithgow IS a tough act to follow. I just figured there would be many great actors/actresses who would want to be on this show since it is so popular. I was having a conversation with my brother (months ago) about who would be a good choice for a serial killer and he had mentioned Dennis Hopper. RIP.

I was thinking why not Betty White? :D LOL.

Diamondjimi
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, the writers have got their hands full this season. I think Dexter is gonna have to go nation wide with his vengeance. Take down high profile scumbags from various parts of the U.S. You know.....like....Dexter on tour! :biggrin:

lesfunk
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
So, there may not be a serial killer this year? not sure if I like that. But, we will see.

Don't worry there will always be a serial killer. Dexter himself is one.:)

Mr Walker
06-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Julia Stiles will co-star in 'Dexter' season 5, Showtime confirmed today in a press release. She'll play a "mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship" with the titular character, played by Golden Globe and SAG-winning actor Michael C. Hall.

According to the release, Stiles will appear in 10 episodes, with an official premiere date yet to be announced.

'Dexter' season 5 returns in September.

As previously reported, the new season will also see the return of Julie Benz, whose character was killed in the season 4 finale. Benz is reportedly scheduled to appear in the premiere episode.

This will mark Stiles' first major gig on the small screen. She's perhaps best known for her roles in films like '10 Things I Hate About You' and the 'Bourne' trilogy.

diamondsgirl
06-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Julia Stiles will co-star in 'Dexter' season 5, Showtime confirmed today in a press release. She'll play a "mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship" with the titular character, played by Golden Globe and SAG-winning actor Michael C. Hall.

According to the release, Stiles will appear in 10 episodes, with an official premiere date yet to be announced.

'Dexter' season 5 returns in September.

As previously reported, the new season will also see the return of Julie Benz, whose character was killed in the season 4 finale. Benz is reportedly scheduled to appear in the premiere episode.

This will mark Stiles' first major gig on the small screen. She's perhaps best known for her roles in films like '10 Things I Hate About You' and the 'Bourne' trilogy.

I am guessing she will be the nanny. ??? Dexter being a single dad, needs to work to support his kids.

I like her OK as an actress, but have not liked the types of films she has been in. This is really something different for her.

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Holy fuck, this season is gonna be amazing!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUbCMbW-BRE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUbCMbW-BRE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ur0wQLRBsD4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ur0wQLRBsD4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Holy fuck, this season is gonna be amazing!!!

Holy Bloodbath, Batman! :hitch:

I knew Quinn was going to be right up Dexter's ass over Rita's death. He better watch his step.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2896191152_1133635948.jpg

This is gonna rock. :happy64:

Thanks, Jimi!!

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I think Dexter is gonna go on a killing rampage straying from his "code".
I think Quinn is gonna go the way of Doaks... (Doaks was grate!) :biggrin:

The writers are fuckin brilliant. They dig such a hole for Dexter, it always leaves you wondering ..."how the fuck is he gonna get out of this one?"

September can't come soon enough, but I can wait. I'm enjoying the Summer! :D

Golden AWe
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I love this show. Just finished watching Season 4. I thought Jimmy Smits did his career best role during Season 3...but John Lithgow was even better. He can act his emotions so well...not any actor can be so cuntvincing with his whole body movement when playing nervous, stressed, angry...those situations when he was making comments about his daughter or son washing car, watering flowers etc...

OR on the other hand, when he was like a happy little kid, playing with trains...OR when he got the upper hand on Dexter...the arrival at the Metro Police Station..."Hello, Dexter Morgan". He's like Brando!!! Michael C. Hall plays the tired Dexter and pissed off Dexter really well too...

I'm a little disappointing on the Rita finish, not just because of her getting killed, but they could've left it a bit open? I first thought she commited a suicide, after finding our Dexter is a serial killer? They could've left that for Season 5...

GRATE show. Every now and then I feel..."ok, do we need this many twists, is it really believable that everyone becomes a criminal", like Arthur's daughter...but then, it's all fitted in nicely, and I forgot I almost cuntplained...:)

Looking forward to Season 5...I think I'm gonna re-watch seasons 1 and 2 before that...

Diamondjimi
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Good post GA.

The countdown is ON!!!

1 more week to go!

:rockit:

Diamondjimi
09-19-2010, 03:19 PM
The writers speak...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9HvQH5yKDg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9HvQH5yKDg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
The writers speak...

That's a room full of genius right there!!

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 10:10 PM
This is the first time I won't have to play catch-up...

I don't know how the fuck it's going to top last season...Lithgow was fucking sublime...

We shall see...

Diamondjimi
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFrvMNGEEdA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFrvMNGEEdA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
That's a room full of genius right there!!

Agreed! ;)

This is the first time I won't have to play catch-up...

I don't know how the fuck it's going to top last season...Lithgow was fucking sublime...

We shall see...

They set the bar really high last season. I know they're gonna top it...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Like I said...we shall see...

The cast is exceptional...

and I'm wondering when his sis (wife) finds out...

I just have a feeling that the twist this year is that not only does she find out...but she either helps...or...

takes over dad's roll...

Like I said...we shall see..

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Like I said...we shall see...

The cast is exceptional...

and I'm wondering when his sis (wife) finds out...

I just have a feeling that the twist this year is that not only does she find out...but she either helps...or...

takes over dad's roll...

Like I said...we shall see..

Interesting theory .His sister is a good detective. You may be right...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Interesting theory .His sister is a good detective. You may be right...

Well...you could tell she's been close over the past three seasons...

...and you have to wonder if she isn't going to get to the point early this season, where she says...ahhhh...

and the added complexity of Quinn being involved...

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
I think Dexter might take Quinn out. He's similar to Doaks with his attitude and suspicions towards Dexter.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Dex's alibi check out, plus the search is on for "Kyle Butler" as well. Hmm...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I think Dexter might take Quinn out. He's similar to Doaks with his attitude and suspicions towards Dexter.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Dex's alibi check out, plus the search is on for "Kyle Butler" as well. Hmm...

That's why I think Deb gets involved.

Dexter doesn't rehash...so I don't think he takes out Quinn...he did that already...

Now...

Deb finding out...hiding the evidence that he was Butler...and ultimately killing Quinn herself?

Well...how interesting WOULD THAT make the next season...

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Now...

Deb finding out...hiding the evidence that he was Butler...and ultimately killing Quinn herself?

Well...how interesting WOULD THAT make the next season...

I think it's a matter of time, but Deb will put it all together. I think Dex will confess everything to her and she will work in stealth to cover his tracks and throw the cops off his trail...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I think it's a matter of time, but Deb will put it all together. I think Dex will confess everything to her and she will work in stealth to cover his tracks and throw the cops off his trail...

Or...will she hide from Dex that she knows...and work in stealth to cover his tracks?

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Or...will she hide from Dex that she knows...and work in stealth to cover his tracks?

Hmmm....

Ya gotta hand it to the writers, they're fookin brilliant!

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah dj...

you realize that it'll be nothing that we are posting...

Fuck...I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter unzipped his skin...AND WAS JOHN LITHGOW BY THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

Hmmmm...do we know for sure if Lithgow killed his wife?

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
yeah dj...

you realize that it'll be nothing that we are posting...

No doubt...

Fuck...I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter unzipped his skin...AND WAS JOHN LITHGOW BY THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

Ahhahaha, fuckin hilarious!!! :lmao:

Well, the scene when Dexter had him on the stabbing block and he told Dexter that "it's all over" a couple of times...

Or, he could have instructed his daughter to finish off Rita if she wants his respect...

Shit, anything is fuckin possible... :biggrin:

http://www.lintcoat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/dexter.jpg

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4771/31211187.png

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 02:38 PM
I agree...this could go any fucking way...

I can't wait...

Less than ten...

diamondsgirl
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't ever remember being more excited for a TV show to come on!

LMAO.

lesfunk
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
That was a very heavy episode

POJO_Risin
09-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Alright...just watched the opening credits...I'm about to start watching...

the anticipation is high...

not sure...les funk...

what to take from your post...

Not sure if it's good...or not so much...

Diamondjimi
09-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Don't have Showtime. Gonna watch it online....

POJO_Risin
09-27-2010, 06:56 AM
hmmmmmmmm....

not sure where this is gonna go....

Mr Walker
09-27-2010, 08:40 AM

After Season Four's finale they aired a brief discussion between Hall and Lithgow and they both made it clear that Rita was killed by the Trinity Killer.

Mr Walker
09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Did Deb get implants or were there chicken cutlets in her bra?
Quinn looks like he has AIDS.

Peter Weller FTW!
"What the fuck kind of name is Dexter?"

Still have to say my favorite Dexter season premier was Season 3... probably because there was a lot of Julie Benz nudity.

lesfunk
09-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I find Dexter's transformation to being human intriguing. The eulogy was Dexter's first "real" Public appearance in his life

diamondsgirl
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Actually, I hope it picks up a bit next week. Not as many WTF moments as I am used to.

And Quinn is repulsive. I hope he gets hit by a bus.

diamondsgirl
10-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Step this shit UP for Halloween! I want to see people die, dammit. :popc1:

:chainsaw:

POJO_Risin
10-30-2010, 04:45 PM
I like the idea of a "murder-ring" With the chica staying in Miami...it should pick up...

and Peter Weller added to the cast...and as a douche...makes it just as interesting. I have to believe Dexter's cover's going to get blown...perhaps by Batista and Debra...who aren't going to say anything because it saves Laguerta's job/life, and because Quinn is two-timing...fucking her while trying to put away her brother...

Diamondjimi
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I like the idea of a "murder-ring" With the chica staying in Miami...it should pick up...

and Peter Weller added to the cast...and as a douche...makes it just as interesting. I have to believe Dexter's cover's going to get blown...perhaps by Batista and Debra...who aren't going to say anything because it saves Laguerta's job/life, and because Quinn is two-timing...fucking her while trying to put away her brother...

I think Dexter's gonna either carve up that psycho bitch or hook up. And you know Quinn will end up on his table along with the douchebag Quinn hired to tail him...

diamondsgirl
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Now we're cooking with gas!!:headbangez:

Diamondjimi
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm wondering which woman Dexter will start "tappin", the Nanny or the crazy bitch?

Anyone?

POJO_Risin
11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I think Dexter's gonna either carve up that psycho bitch or hook up. And you know Quinn will end up on his table along with the douchebag Quinn hired to tail him...

I just don't know...is it going to be Dexter that kills him...or is it going to be Debra that does it...which is how we head into the next season...

...with Dexter realizing that perhaps his sister having more in common with him than meets the eye...

I think that fucking crazy whore nanny is going to kidnap Harrison. We still don't know her backstory...why such a good nanny doesn't have a job...I'm sure there's death involved...

Either she kidnaps Harrison...or...kills him...to really set up a fucking tailspin for Dex...

If none of this shit happens...IT FUCKING SHOULD...

and I'm starting to scare myself a bit...

POJO_Risin
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm wondering which woman Dexter will start "tappin", the Nanny or the crazy bitch?

Anyone?

I gotta believe the crazy bitch. I think he realizes that he can actually love her...because she's turning into a sociopath, just like he is. Hmmm...she did hold his baby for the first time this past week...could the nanny get jealous...and kill her?...setting Dexter fucking off?

diamondsgirl
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I loved the beat down in the alley!! one of the best scenes of the series, IMO.

This season is getting crazy good. So many different things going on. :happy45:

diamondsgirl
11-22-2010, 01:17 PM
*spoiler*

So, when Michael C Hall wins the "Best Actor in a Dramatic Series" (again!) this should be the clip they show!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUxILHCtCg

Diamondjimi
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I loved the beat down in the alley!! one of the best scenes of the series, IMO.

This season is getting crazy good. So many different things going on. :happy45:

Totally. The writing is fucking brilliant. Sooo much better than that CSI shit.
With 3 episodes to go, they've wound the story crazier than Amy Winehouse on a 4 day crack bender.

I think Quinn might tip Dex off about the detective. Or take care of him himself to save his relationship with Deb. (Fuck, the dude's got photo's of them dumping fucking bags into the ocean!)

I think Jordan Chase is gonna kill Lumen before Dexter puts him on his table.

But one thing for sure, the final episode will be mind blowing!

Anyone wanna call the finale?

diamondsgirl
11-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Totally. The writing is fucking brilliant. Sooo much better than that CSI shit.
With 3 episodes to go, they've wound the story crazier than Amy Winehouse on a 4 day crack bender.

I think Quinn might tip Dex off about the detective. Or take care of him himself to save his relationship with Deb. (Fuck, the dude's got photo's of them dumping fucking bags into the ocean!)

I think Jordan Chase is gonna kill Lumen before Dexter puts him on his table.

But one thing for sure, the final episode will be mind blowing!

Anyone wanna call the finale?

So many possibilities!! I think Liddy (this season's dude we LOVE to HATE) is going to end up on Dexter's table at some point.

POJO_Risin
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I still think one of these fucks is going to be killed by someone other than Dexter...

and they really...really are veering away from the nanny. We sure don't know much about her, and you know what that means...

THERE'S SOMETHING HUGE!!!

She's the hidden piece here.

Deb's gonna kill someone. This season has so been about Dexter realizing how much others have in common with him. The HUGE bit was when Deb said to him, after she killed that psycho, "I don't feel anything..."

Now he told someone he loves them and meant it, and his dad/mind said he was proud of him...

It's all very strange, to be honest.

So we've got Chase, and to be quite honest, others in the pic (chase wasn't in it)

We've got Quinn, who's backing off.

We've got Liddy

We've got the nanny...

and the sidestory of Laguerta and Batista, and I find it hard to believe these pieces aren't going to merge in some strange way...

POJO_Risin
11-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Hmmmmm....

Preview for ep 11...a bit of a discovery for the new love birds...

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=686918211001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=686918211001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
11-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Preview 2 for ep 11...

Deb's good...hot on the trail...

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=686907495001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=686907495001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
11-29-2010, 02:23 AM
You know what...

Everyone is fucking forgetting about this fucking nanny...and now...

she's got him in Orlando...

Everyone has this all wrong...

Lumen is gonna get kilt...and Deb already suspects her as the killer...she takes the fall...but...Harrison is going to be gone...so season 6 is going to be Dex on the fucking hunt...and not being chased...

I don't fucking know...two fucking episodes left...can't wait...

Diamondjimi
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
You know what...

Everyone is fucking forgetting about this fucking nanny...and now...

she's got him in Orlando...

Everyone has this all wrong...

Could be... I think the Nanny will be a problem. A possible psycho with a past.

Lumen is gonna get kilt...and Deb already suspects her as the killer...she takes the fall...

Deb might hide the evidence or kill Liddy (to protect Dexter) if he comes forward with his case...
Or he might end up with incriminating footage on Chase and get whacked by Chase's goons

but...Harrison is going to be gone...so season 6 is going to be Dex on the fucking hunt...and not being chased...

I don't fucking know...two fucking episodes left...can't wait...

This show is a cuntplete mindfuck. I have a feeling few of our predictions will materialize. The writing is fuckin brilliant!

2 more to go ... the suspence is gonna be brutal!

Mr Walker
11-30-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm still thinking the nanny is connected to Lila from season 2 (did I post this already? maybe I did somewhere else?)... It hit me when they made mention in an earlier episode that the only time Dexter left the country was a trip to Paris, where he went to kill Lila.

Hard to imagine Liddy on Dexter's table... Liddy's a scumbag, but he doesn't fit the code.
A 'loose end tying' kill would have to be done by another character, Dexter hasn't really killed intentionally to cover his tracks, unless the victim meets the code.
Remember when Doakes had him dead to rights and Dexter couldn't off him... conveniently Lila did.
I'm thinking that weird Emily chick is gonna wind up taking out Lumen and Dexter is gonna go on a fucking rampage... maybe he will say fuck it to Harry's code... come to think of it, Dexter has bent the code in the past... when he murdered that sex offender that was taking pictures of Astor on the beach after he bumped into her in a supermarket.

POJO_Risin
11-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm still thinking the nanny is connected to Lila from season 2 (did I post this already? maybe I did somewhere else?)... It hit me when they made mention in an earlier episode that the only time Dexter left the country was a trip to Paris, where he went to kill Lila.

Hard to imagine Liddy on Dexter's table... Liddy's a scumbag, but he doesn't fit the code.
A 'loose end tying' kill would have to be done by another character, Dexter hasn't really killed intentionally to cover his tracks, unless the victim meets the code.
Remember when Doakes had him dead to rights and Dexter couldn't off him... conveniently Lila did.
I'm thinking that weird Emily chick is gonna wind up taking out Lumen and Dexter is gonna go on a fucking rampage... maybe he will say fuck it to Harry's code... come to think of it, Dexter has bent the code in the past... when he murdered that sex offender that was taking pictures of Astor on the beach after he bumped into her in a supermarket.

...or...they made a point to showcase Deb not minding wacking the serial killer earlier this season. Think about it...say she finds out about Dex being the vigilante (she already said SHE could BE that vigilante), then finds out that Liddy knows all about it...

Perhaps this discovery that Dex is going through is twisted. You know how everyone thinks he's conforming...figuring out he's a lot more like them...

Maybe his realization is that people are a lot more like him?...(Lumen, Deb...Harrison)

I don't freakin' know...

diamondsgirl
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Pojo...I only see white boxes where you posted previews.

I wanna seeeee!!:pullinghair:

chefcraig
11-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Pojo...I only see white boxes where you posted previews.

I wanna seeeee!!:pullinghair:

Go to the post, then open a separate window or tab to continue browsing the site. Some of these videos from other sources can take several seconds (and sometimes up to half a minute) in order to load. Initially, all I saw was white boxes as well, but given enough time, they eventually show up. :baaa:

diamondsgirl
11-30-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree that Emily chick is fucked in the head and I think she will do something to lure in Lumen for Chase.

Once they get Lumen, they will get Dexter because he is in love now and will not be thinking clearly. I see some hand to hand combat between Dex and Chase. Dex will win. ;)

I can see Deb finding out that Lumen is the vigilante and not letting anyone know that she knows. Kind of turning a blind eye to it.

I think the entire vibe of the show will change too much if Deb finds out about Dexter, so I doubt that will happen.

Once Lumen gets closure (ie all of her rapists are killed) I wonder if she will go back to her old life.

And what about Lumen's fiance?? He didnt seem like the type to give up., so he may return.

tojoro
12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Seriously? Tonight's episode ends @ 9:47? I'm used to SHO & HBO giving me less than an hour's episode, but bouncing out a whole 13 minutes early??
Fuck...

diamondsgirl
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree that Emily chick is fucked in the head and I think she will do something to lure in Lumen for Chase.

Once they get Lumen, they will get Dexter because he is in love now and will not be thinking clearly. I see some hand to hand combat between Dex and Chase. Dex will win. ;)

I can see Deb finding out that Lumen is the vigilante and not letting anyone know that she knows. Kind of turning a blind eye to it.

I think the entire vibe of the show will change too much if Deb finds out about Dexter, so I doubt that will happen.

I thinks me's was right on lots of this. I must have a criminal mind or something. :biggrin:

I am so friggin excited for next week!!

I am hoping to see Jordan on Lumen's table!

diamondsgirl
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Great fucking news...:baaa:

LOS ANGELES, CA — (December 6, 2010) — As season five of SHOWTIME’s top-rated drama series DEXTER, starring Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe® award-winning actor Michael C. Hall, heads toward another powerful, suspense-filled finale on Sunday, December 12th at 9 PM ET/PT, the network has renewed the series for a sixth season. The announcement was made today by David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks. Season 6’s episodes will go into production next spring in Los Angeles.“DEXTER is the best suspense drama on television,” said Nevins. “To grow its audience so significantly in its fifth season is an enormous accomplishment by this amazing cast and crew. This is the easiest decision I’ve made since I got to Showtime.”

One of the most acclaimed series on television, DEXTER received seven Primetime Emmy Award nominations this year, including Outstanding Television Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Michael C. Hall and Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for John Lithgow, which Lithgow won. Additionally, director Steve Shill won the Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series. The series has received numerous Golden Globe nominations, as well as a prestigious Peabody Award in 2008 and was twice named one of AFI’s top ten television series.

DEXTER had its second highest ratings ever with this season's tenth episode (Nov. 28), delivering 2.54 million viewers, up 43 percent versus the season five premiere (1.77 million). The telecast was the second-highest delivery in the series’ history, behind the season four finale (2.57 million).

POJO_Risin
12-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't know...we shall see.

Clever camera play on the don't move? That's Dex's hand dropping the knife...you can see what looks like Lumen's hands raised next to him...

Could she bust them?

What would happen if she killed Lumen?

What would happen if Quinn busted Dexter, and she walks in on it...

who fucking knows...but I can't wait...

POJO_Risin
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
The talk...with Jordan Chase...

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=696627136001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=696627136001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
12-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Holy fucking shitballs...how about this for a fucking curveball...nothing drastic...but just not something that we were thinking about. Let's bring this shit home...

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=696771652001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=696771652001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
12-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Hmmmmm...that fucking drop of blood on Quinn's shoe. Either it's going to get Quinn onto Dexter again...or...perhaps it gets the cops on HIM for killing Liddy.

diamondsgirl
12-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Hmmmmm...that fucking drop of blood on Quinn's shoe. Either it's going to get Quinn onto Dexter again...or...perhaps it gets the cops on HIM for killing Liddy.

True. I forgot about that blood.

I hope Deb notices the blood and has it tested and Quinn goes away for killing Liddy. There really is no other explanation for his fresh blood being on his shoe. :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
12-08-2010, 02:15 AM

I was thinking the same thing. His snooping on Dexter will backfire on him....

tojoro
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
...plus, if/when they dust Liddy's van for prints, Quinn's will be there on the driver's door when he discovered it was locked. I don't remember if he tried the passenger side slider or just listened when the blood drop occured.
Dexter wiped down whet he touched...fucking outstanding series in every dept!

Nitro Express
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
John Lithgow is soooo fucking creepy.

Yeah. Something about that guy just screams homosexual anal rape.

POJO_Risin
12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
partial spoiler

Okay...we have fifteen minutes left on the ole' DVR...

yet things seem to be concluded...and now Dex heads back home...where everyone returned yesterday...

including the nanny...

POJO_Risin
12-13-2010, 07:13 AM
sorta curveball 1 at the apartment...

POJO_Risin
12-13-2010, 07:20 AM
sorta curveball 2 at the party...but I saw that coming...

hmmmm...

something satisfying, and not satisfying at the same time about that ending...

Mr Walker
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Season 2... still the best.

Mr Walker
12-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Deb and Dexter are divorcing...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/13/dexter-stars-split-michael-c-hall-jennifer-carpenter-divorce_n_796279.html

POJO_Risin
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Loved season 2...loved season 1...but call me cliche'd...season 4 still reigns supreme. Man, I was on the edge of my seat every week during that season.

Season 2...was all the fuck over the place...in a good way.

I'm so fucking pissed off that they did nothing...yet...with the nanny angle...

and am more than pissed that they tied everything up in a bow...

Maybe no...foster sister is on the chopping block in season 6?

lesfunk
12-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Which ever season Lila was on. That's the best one. Jimmy Smits season was the worst

Diamondjimi
12-15-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm so fucking pissed off that they did nothing...yet...with the nanny angle...

and am more than pissed that they tied everything up in a bow...

Maybe no...foster sister is on the chopping block in season 6?

I bet Dex starts shtoopin the nanny next season. Something's gotta happen there (with her).

Unlike last year,towards the end of this season you could call who was gonna die. Too easy. The closest call had to be when Deb discovered Chase and then Dexter & Lumen behind the plastic.

I think a good twist would have been if Dexter had offed Lumen to keep his secret safe...

Season 5 wrap up...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpnbFGH_ARI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mpnbFGH_ARI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
12-15-2010, 01:28 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOJLjn0EGqA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOJLjn0EGqA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I loved the finale but am confused about one line:

Did anyone notice the way Deb tells Dexter that he might be happy too (like her) in the end... "I'm happy... and you must be too. Now that this is all over, I mean." Why would she say that?... Dexter wasn't involved in the case the way she was... Does she know that it was him helping the vigilante?

What did she mean when she said "Now that this is all over."... Did anyone else noticed this? and is it important?

Mr Walker
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Which ever season Lila was on. That's the best one. Jimmy Smits season was the worst

Lila was season two... Smitts' season had its moments, but if one season has to come in last place I'd agree it would be that one by default. Although the first episode of the Smitts' season had tons of Julie Benz nudity so it's hard to just pooh-pooh it.

FORD
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Attention Dexter fans: If you don't want to wait another week for the season 6 opener, might want to take a look here. (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6701172/Dexter.S06E01.DVDScr.x264-NOGRP)

POJO_Risin
09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll wait until next week...looking forward to Dex getting back to business...

FORD
09-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Well I won't give away the whole plot, but let's just say Dexter goes to his high school reunion, and he's considering spiritual matters, right now strictly for his son's sake, but if he starts reading the Scriptures, it might prove useful with this season's "competition".

DLR Bridge
09-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Trinity killer season. Untopable.

Diamondjimi
09-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Great season (4). But Dexter has a great creative writing team, I'm sure this season is gonna be excellent!

FORD
10-03-2011, 03:28 AM

Yeah, Lithgow was really good as a sick fuck. Kinda surprised me how convincing he was, actually. (Definitely pulled it off better than Jimmy Smits did)

Mr Walker
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
No time for Dexter last night...

BREAKING BAD >>> Dexter

Satan
11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
So, I'm thinking Dex might have fucked up last night, by letting Trinity's kid go.

You can make a case for it, in the sense that the kid (if he was telling the truth) was operating under a "code" similar to Dexter's, and only offed his mom because she was guilty of driving his sister to slitting her own throat. Or you could suppose that Dexter was imagining what his own son might turn into, considering he (like Dexter himself) witnessed his mother being killed.

Problem is, now you have a "loose cannon" running around who knows Dex is a killer. It would be kinda hard for the kid to incriminate him without incriminating himself, but it's just one more thing that can (and probably will) come back to haunt him eventually (and not in the sense that his dead dad and dead brother do)

FORD
11-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Dexter Renewed For 7th and 8th Season.

It looks like we’ll be getting more of our favorite serial killer. Despite earlier reports of a troubled negotiations, Showtime has renewed Dexter for two more years. According to today’s announcement by David Nevins, Showtime’s President of Entertainment, production will begin on season seven in 2012 in Los Angeles. Seasons seven and eight will consist of 12 episodes each.

The Emmy®-nominated DEXTER opened its sixth season in October and continues to earn impressive ratings, most recently delivering its fifth consecutive week of growth. Season-to-date, the series is averaging 5.12 million weekly viewers on all platforms (including On Demand, replays and DVR), making it the highest rated season yet. Season six of DEXTER is executive produced by John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Scott Buck, Manny Coto and Michael C. Hall. The series also stars Jennifer Carpenter, Desmond Harrington, C.S. Lee, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, and James Remar.

“DEXTER’s enormous success is a real tribute to the great achievements of its cast, producers, and the powerhouse performance of Michael C. Hall,” said Nevins. “The series is bigger than it’s ever been in its sixth season, both in terms of audience and its impact on the cultural landscape. Together with Michael, the creative team on the show has a very clear sense of where they intend to take the show over the next two seasons and, as a huge fan, I’m excited to watch the story of Dexter Morgan play out.”

Michael C. Hall added, “On behalf of the entire DEXTER family, we relish the invitation to delve ever deeper into Dexter’s world.”

http://thevoiceoftv.com/news-and-gossip/dexter-renewed-for-7th-and-8th-season/

FORD
11-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Well it seems like I'm the only one here who watches this show anymore, but just in case........

WTF was with the twist at the end of this week's episode? I definitely did not see that shit coming! :headlights:

Mr Walker
11-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Well it seems like I'm the only one here who watches this show anymore, but just in case........

WTF was with the twist at the end of this week's episode? I definitely did not see that shit coming! :headlights:

You're kidding me?
I've been telling my wife for weeks this was coming.

DLR Bridge
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
It was a bit borrowed from Fight Club, but yeah, I wasn't quite expecting it. I thought his little run in with Gellar while taking the trash out at his sisters the episode before was odd. I like every side story running right now, too. Masuka's intern having the Ice Truck Killer hand, Bautista gettin' pissed at slimey Quinn, Deb adressing her f'ed up past experiences. Now, if they could just kill off Laguerda. Hate that bitch.

Satan
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Anybody else think that Deb might go Lezzie with her shrink? For some reason, I'm getting vagitarian vibes from the shrink, and I think she's trying to plant seeds in Deb's mind that since she's had such crappy luck with men, why the Hell not switch teams? :eatit:

Satan
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
You're kidding me?

Well, it was kind of odd how Gellar just disappeared at the abandoned church the previous week, but I thought Dex had actually seen him there. And pretty much the same thing when they were staking out the university this week. I guess if Travis was the only one who saw him, then it makes more sense, but I thought Dex spotted him there too.

Now Gellar breaking into the motel room, leaving the atheist Dawkins clone professor's hand there and writing a message in blood - when nobody but Dex and Travis knew where they were - that should have been more of a clue.

With all the serial killers and psychos we have here in Hell, I definitely should have seen this coming. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d075.gif

lesfunk
11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
You're kidding me?

You're so friggin smart!

Satan
11-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Seems that most of the cast and crew were in the dark about the "twist" as well.........
<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1290451002001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_ iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

lesfunk
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
It's still an entertaining show. The Walking Dead was pretty kick ass this week too.

lesfunk
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Homeland is breaking out as a great new Showtime series as well.

DLR Bridge
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
How long before ya think some shitty band comes out with a band name, song name or album title of "Dark Passenger"? I give it another 3 to 6 months.

Satan
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
It won't be anybody who sells their souls to me, because I would advise them against it.

And let's face it, if they haven't sold me their souls, they ain't gonna be successful http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d015.gif

DLR Bridge
11-29-2011, 08:49 PM
It won't be anybody who sells their souls to me, because I would advise them against it.

And let's face it, if they haven't sold me their souls, they ain't gonna be successful http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d015.gif

I believe you! The band Quasi wrote an awesome song called Fable with No Moral which is purely about selling ones soul to, um, you for a successful career in music. Check it out. It's quite great. The album title is Field Studies.

Mr Walker
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I've always suspected it... then when Gellar hit Travis with a shovel, I thought maybe he is real... but remember the scene where they had Dexter's brother stab the hotel owner with a pitchfork that eventually flashed into Dexter holding the pitchfork. That was the scene that gave it away for me.

Satan
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
So.... we're down to the last episode of the season. How do y'all think Dexter will send Travis my direction? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

DLR Bridge
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Not sure. Seems kinda comic booky the way next weeks preview looks. I'm sure it'll kick ass. I'm also thinking Dexter's real life girlfriend, Deb, is going to change her status from faux sister to his special lady friend. I did NOT see that coming. Satan, I was leaning towards your lezzie shrink idea, so the recent turn of events was a surprise indeed!

Satan
12-13-2011, 01:59 AM
I'd rather watch Deb go Lezzie with her shrink than fuck her own brother, that's for sure. :eatit:

Yeah, Dexter was adopted, but didn't they suggest at one time that Harry could have actually been his biological father?

It would explain why Harry took Dex out of the boxcar where his mother was killed, but not his brother Brian (a.k.a. the Ice Truck Killer)

Diamondjimi
12-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Good season finale.
I kind of expected Deb to walk in while Dexter was gonna end Travis. Set up for next season.
She has witnessed Dexter's true self . I wonder if she will still tell him that she's in love with him?

My prediction for season 7 : Deb and Dexter hook up. She will protect him , but will eventually kill him at the end of season 8....

Satan
12-19-2011, 05:28 AM
I was expecting him to get out of being seen some how, but there's no way they could have Deb walk in on him and NOT see him 2 season finales in a row.

To keep it going for two more years with her knowing, that's gonna be the challenge.

Too bad this is all fiction, because I would love to see the look on Travis' face as he wakes up in Hell.

lesfunk
12-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I wonder if Debs is still in love with him?

lesfunk
12-19-2011, 08:13 PM
In the book series, Deb finds out about Dexter in the first book and kind of lets him off the hook for five more books. I havent read the sixth one yet but will download it tonight

diamondsgirl
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
jumping in late....

I think Deb will be like "WTF!" for maybe two episodes and then will realize that if she turns in the dead Doomsday Killer it will be HUGE for her career. Like Laguarda told her "Take Control". I think she will listen to that advice and have Dexter help her come up with a way to make it look like she killed Travis so she will get all the glory. And now that she knows that her boss' boss (can't recall his name or title) WAS with the prostitute she can use that as leverage to move up even more.

"Captain Morgan" has a nice ring to it, no?? I wish I could photo shop Debs face here:

http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2280500_1275583046Captain_Morgan.jpg

POJO_Risin
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Okay...just watched the whole damn season this weekend...

seriously...WTF...

this was an addled motherfucking season...

I do think it would be an interesting couple of years if Dexter was running, and Deb either was with him, or was hired by the FBI to chase him...occasionally catching him, but fucking him...letting him go...

having to watch Harrison...

...and I agree...no way she either kills him at the end...or he kills himself...

....should be interesting...

POJO_Risin
01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Either interesting...or drastically not...

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
I have heard lots of good things and I even have a couple seasons on DVD but have not got to it yet. ...But I am gonna frame my Breaking Bad collection that Aaron Paul signed for xmas.

POJO_Risin
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
The series is outstanding...in particular...season 4 with John Lithgow as the trinity killer...it hit its pinnacle that season...keeping you on your toes, literally, until the last second of the season...

IMO...the last two seasons have had high ups, and low downs...the problem now is after season 4, the fans got infinitely smarter...looking for all the possibilities...

Damn...season 4 was outstanding...

and I liked the Smits season as well...

The series is just fucking wrong in so many ways...but I can't stop watching...

Satan
07-07-2012, 03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHkKnOxx65k

Satan
07-14-2012, 02:05 AM
**FIRST TWO MINUTES OF SEASON 7 RIGHT HERE**

(Will Deb buy Dex's explanation?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzwNUBc2Z0

FORD
09-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Dexter returns TONIGHT.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzW8xx_Hklc&hd=1

lesfunk
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Cant wait. Great Show!

FORD
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
And it looks like Deb put the pieces together....or found them while snooping around her brother's apartment. How does the Lieutenant in charge of the homicide division cope with having a serial killer brother?

Truthfully though, Dexter's the best friend the Miami PD has. He only kills the bastards that can't be stopped through legal means. So while it's technically a conflict of interest for her to protect him, how she could really spin this (at least in her own mind) is an incentive to do more effective police work, so Dex wouldn't have to clean up their messes for them (except for in his day job forensics sense)

After last night's episode, I suspect the "bad guy" this year isn't going to be a single serial killer, but the entire south Florida division of the Russian Mob, since we saw the strip club owner talking to the "Godfather" (or would that be Godlessfather, since they're commies?) and the douchebag who Dex killed last night was also one of them.

FORD
10-24-2012, 07:50 PM
So am I the only one here who watches this goddamn show anymore??

Well anyway..... skinhead psycho killer tries to take Deb down..... gets caught....arrested....let go on a technicality....threatens Deb after he's released, she threatens him right back, and then Dex takes care of business.....and tells Deb he did it. She doesn't seem too upset about it.....

So now what...... will Dexter be unofficially authorized by his police lieutenant sister to clean up the messes that Miami PD can't solve on their own?? And what's the deal with the Russian mob godfather dude? Was he the father of that Victor shitbag who shot the cop?

baru911
10-24-2012, 08:34 PM
So am I the only one here who watches this goddamn show anymore??

Well anyway..... skinhead psycho killer tries to take Deb down..... gets caught....arrested....let go on a technicality....threatens Deb after he's released, she threatens him right back, and then Dex takes care of business.....and tells Deb he did it. She doesn't seem too upset about it.....

So now what...... will Dexter be unofficially authorized by his police lieutenant sister to clean up the messes that Miami PD can't solve on their own?? And what's the deal with the Russian mob godfather dude? Was he the father of that Victor shitbag who shot the cop?
Yes, he is Victor's father. Dexter's sister understands why he's needed. However, I don't think she's going to be able to deal with it.

Satan
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, he is Victor's father. Dexter's sister understands why he's needed. However, I don't think she's going to be able to deal with it.

Or not....

Turns out he's Victor's boyfriend

Well that figures.... if you had to have gay mobsters anywhere, it would be Miami http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

And in other "shocking" news last night, Deb finds out that Dex is fucking Hannah the killer (blonde chick from "Chuck") and blurts out that she's "in love with him". Dex is speechless and doesn't know what to say about that....

FORD
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Aw poor Dexter.....

His girlfriend tries to kill his sister, and he tries to take out the last of the shitbags who killed his mom, only to find out it was a setup by LaGuerta (or however the hell you spell her name)

And you thought you had a shitty day??

Season finale coming up. How will Dex get out of this one?

FORD
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
What?

No comments on that season finale??

Seriously, I thought that ending would generate at least a little bit of discussion.

Am I the only one who watches this show anymore?

lesfunk
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
No more Laguerta. See? I watch the show too! In the novels Deb Knows about Dexters proclivities by the end of the first book

lesfunk
12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Trinity was the best but I'm still a fan of Lila

DLR Bridge
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Dumped Chotime after last season ended. Missed the whole thing. A friend recorded it for me. I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks/months.

POJO_Risin
12-22-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm with Bridge...watched the first episode...heard it was an incredible season...and will be watching the whole thing this week...will be giving you fucksticks my daily updates...

Cant. Fucking. Wait.

FORD
05-23-2013, 04:05 AM
In Showtime's new trailer for the upcoming eighth — and final — season of "Dexter," everybody's favorite serial killer (Michael C. Hall) is up to his kill apron in women looking to do him in, and the preview doesn't even include the woman who could end up being Dexter's ultimate doom.

That would be Mr. Morgan's ex, Hannah McKay (Yvonne Strahovski, "Chuck"), who, when last we saw her, had escaped from police custody in the hospital and then left an ominous black orchid at Dexter's door.

She's definitely back for the show's final season, and the storyline is such an intense, potentially spoiler-filled part of the final run that Strahovski tells Yahoo! TV she can't even tell us when she first appears in Season 8, or how many episodes she'll appear in.

"Unfortunately, those are things I can't share, because the big question is for Hannah, because she got away … what has she been doing all this time?" Strahovski says.

"Is she going to pop back into Dexter's life, and if so, how's she going to do that exactly? What will be her intentions at the time? So that's really the exciting part of that."

Strahovski, who says it was a happy surprise when she was asked to return for the Emmy-winning drama's final season, also says she's so excited to see how the show, and her character's storyline, will wrap up that she avoided asking the writers about the ending.

"I kind of chose not to ask what was going to happen with [Hannah]. … I personally don't know what the character's fate will be. I think I'm almost too scared to ask," she said with a laugh. "Part of me doesn't want to spoil the surprise."

Hannah is not the only woman Dexter has to be worried about, of course. As the new season trailer reveals, Dex's adopted sister Deb (Jennifer Carpenter), who murdered Maria LaGuerta in last season's finale to protect her brother after LaGuerta learned Dexter's secret, is a total mess.

Taking drugs (legal and otherwise), hitting the booze, and hooking up with bad guys can't make her forget what she did, and she's channeling her anger at Dexter.

"My life is none of your business," she tells him. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about. And I hate you for it. I shot the wrong person in that trailer."

And then there's new Miami Metro neuropsychiatrist Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), whose nickname, "The Psychopath Whisperer," explains why she's zeroing in on Dexter and peppering him with some deep and leading questions: He's the textbook definition of a psychopath, something the good doctor is going to note.

So, who will be the key to what might finally be the end of not only Dexter's serial killer ways, but also possibly his freedom, or even his life: the pesky Psychopath Whisperer? Hannah and the reasons behind her re-entry into Dexter's life in Season 8?

Or Deb, the woman he grew up with, the woman who was once in love with him and, now, the policewoman who murdered her boss for him?

The Season 8 trailer shows Deb, after being arrested on a DUI charge and still in a very boozed-up state, walking into the police station where she and Dexter work and telling fellow cop (and former lover) Joey Quinn (Desmond Harrington), "I wanna make an official statement."

Uh-oh, Dex.

"Dexter" Season 8 premieres on Showtime June 30 at 9 PM, and Season 7 is now available on DVD and Blu-ray from Showtime Entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ckzE5vT0wc

Satan
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM
OK, so two episodes into this new (and final) season, and I'm not sure how I feel about this latest plot twist.... namely the idea that "Harry's Code" (which Dexter has used as his basis for deciding who deserves to be killed) wasn't actually Harry's at all, but was a product of this Dr. Vogel person.

So why does she resurface now, and tell Dexter exactly who she is and what role she played in his life?

Is it because she knows he "broke the code" by killing La Guerta (and even more so, by talking Deb into pulling the trigger.)

And if so, did she show up to protect Dexter, or to take him down, because he went "off mission"?

Von Halen
07-11-2013, 10:12 PM
OK, so two episodes into this new (and final) season, and I'm not sure how I feel about this latest plot twist.... namely the idea that "Harry's Code" (which Dexter has used as his basis for deciding who deserves to be killed) wasn't actually Harry's at all, but was a product of this Dr. Vogel person.

So why does she resurface now, and tell Dexter exactly who she is and what role she played in his life?

Is it because she knows he "broke the code" by killing La Guerta (and even more so, by talking Deb into pulling the trigger.)

And if so, did she show up to protect Dexter, or to take him down, because he went "off mission"?

Obviously they want us to think she is the killer she has Dexter trying to find. I doubt the writers would make it that easy to figure out though.

FORD
09-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Well, apparently I'm the only one who gives a shit anymore, but here we are with one episode of Dexter left.....

Will Deb die from a gunshot wound, or live "happily fucking ever after" with Quinn?

Will Dex make it out of the country with Hanna and his kid before the hurricane hits, or will his obvious mistake in not killing Saxon lead to his downfall?

Or does anybody care? Admittedly, for a final season, this has been somewhat of a disappointment.

And is it wrong of me to hope that "deputy marshall" and Deb's former boss "Elway" end up dead by the time this is all over?

jhale667
09-18-2013, 01:26 PM
I had a feeling shit was going south when he decided to let Saxon go...dumb move, and not so great a plot twist unless the plan was for everything to go horribly wrong.. not to mention Hannah taking the kid to the E.R..... I don't see it ending well, especially since the preview seemed to indicate Deb was going to confess to Quinn.

But yes, would like to see Elway and the Marshall eat it next week.

FORD
09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
I've read spoilers on other sites that suggest Quinn has been on to Dexter for sometime, but didn't have any interest in stopping him because 1) he was in love with Deb and 2) Dex was only killing criminals, so what's the problem?

Of course LaGuerta's murder would be the big monkey wrench in that scenario. Deb did "confess" to him that she did that, but she was also really fucked up at the time, so it's not like any cop would have taken that seriously, let alone one that was in love with her.

How will they clean up this mess in one hour?

jhale667
09-18-2013, 02:17 PM
How will they clean up this mess in one hour?

That's what I wanna know...! How can they?

Von Halen
09-23-2013, 08:23 AM
What a disappointing end...

I guess they left the door open for a movie...or whatever...

FORD
09-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Not the ending I was expecting.....

So Dex is now a lumberjack, presumably living up here in Cascadia, huh? Well, I guess that's karma, since Ted Bundy moved to Florida. :biggrin:

Can't believe he left his kid with Hannah though.....

FORD
09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Have to admit though..... the way he finally took Saxon out... in the police station, filmed on camera no less, and able to convince Quinn and Batista it was self defense..... that was just classic.

Just too damn bad Deb had to die to make that happen :(

sonrisa salvaje
09-24-2013, 04:41 PM
I think a couple of years from now they will have to do a movie for the big screen that comes back and ties it all up. I still can't believe he would walk away from his son like that.

DrMaddVibe
09-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Massive fan of the show. Watched it all the way through. The ending sucked.

His "dark passenger" is alive and well despite his best efforts to hide it from all of those that love him. I believe that's what that final "black eyed" stare represents. I don't think there's going to be a movie made or that they'll revisit it. The entire cast coudl've continued on and the show would still have it's core faithful that tune in. It wasn't hurting in the rating, but Hall said in interviews it was time to move on. Without him the show is nothing. There were rumors of a spinoff, but the way they left it I just don't see it happening. The Miami police dept at those cast members were there as props for Dexter to hide behind. Hannah and his kids were collateral damage in his line of business. Let's face it, we're cheering for a psychopathic mass murderer. He's not supposed to love. He's not supposed to win. So, he sits with his "dark passenger" in a new environment almost as far as he could get from sunny Florida while he charts out his new path.

http://cdn04.cdn.pinkisthenewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/23/092313_dexterfinalemore.jpg

jhale667
09-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Mid-week I was still getting text messages from a girl I know that read "A fucking LUMBERJACK?!?!" :biggrin: That ending was weak sauce!

Never was
10-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Big fan of the show and have to say the last episode may have been the worse of the entire series.
For a show that was so smartly written and challenged viewers over the years to end with an episode that employs every day time soap opera cliche is so dissapointing. Turning off life support, faking his death, etc... just a load of crap even the background music which is normally employed well was a cliche, just awful.

I assumed in advance they would kill his sister because it may be easier to make a Dexter movie if he does not have to work with his real ex-wife.