PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather fun

standin
12-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Odd question, but I am sure we have some winter warriors here.
Aches and pains come with exercise. That is to be expected. But I have noticed that cold weather really really makes my nose hurt. I wear a cover over my mouth and nose, but I have to take it off when I get too claustrophobic.
The pain is so bad the next day that I don't want to go back out into the weather. And jeez, I live down south, it does not get that cold.

I have googled and could not find an answer.

Anyone deal have this, maybe when skiing, running or biking in the cold?

If so what are some preventions?

thome
12-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Aches and pains come with exercise. That is to be expected. But I have noticed that cold weather really really makes my nose hurt. I wear a cover over my mouth and nose, but I have to take it off when I get too claustrophobic.
The pain is so bad the next day that I don't want to go back out into the weather. And jeez, I live down south, it does not get that cold.

You should know by now not to chase the parked cars.

thome, saving the world one post at a time.

standin
12-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Get off my thread faggot.

Dan
12-04-2009, 10:35 PM

LOL.:biggrin:

standin
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Sounds like the sinus pain that I get in the winter and spring. I've no idea how to prevent this. Putting a scarf over my nose and mouth is out of the question as it is NOT a cute look. Besides, the steam from my breath will fog up my glasses. I don't take any meds for the pain because I don't want drugs in my body.

That wasn't very informative, was it? I'm sorry, Standin. :(

Yea, yea, it was. It is something related to the seasons....

The scarfs are too bulky to cover your nose and mouth, at least for physical activity.
I use a elasticized piece for it, but it hasn't helped it only warms the nose and not the air. I made one in pink, but it is similar to what SWAT would use. (it matches my hat :D )

I guess, I'll make an appointment for the doctor. It is probably pretty common sport related injury. The pain was so bad I used 3 shots, in both sides, of the nose stuff (prescription medicine, duh) that deadens the pain in my bad nostril. ... yea yea yea... jokes aside... this really hurts.

VanHalener
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Every time you feel the pain jab a fork into your leg and the other pain will go away for a while.

You could stay indoors and become a hermit.

You could place a heated bubble around your head so your face stays warm. No, no, you may freak out.

You could hold a zippo directly in front of your face to keep it warm. Just be sure to get a refill bottle of fluid.

You could take your clothes off while you are outside so your face will not be the only cold body part, and you could concentrate on keeping away from the police as a distraction from your nose pain.

Touch a vagina. That always makes my face all warm. No, no, wait, that's muff diving that keeps my face warm.

Let me ponder on this a little more...

standin
12-04-2009, 10:51 PM
The fork in the leg would be an option, if it worked. This pain is too bad for the fork in leg option. :lmao:

Dan
12-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Every time you feel the pain jab a fork into your leg and the other pain will go away for a while.

You could stay indoors and become a hermit.

You could place a heated bubble around your head so your face stays warm. No, no, you may freak out.

You could hold a zippo directly in front of your face to keep it warm. Just be sure to get a refill bottle of fluid.

You could take your clothes off while you are outside so your face will not be the only cold body part, and you could concentrate on keeping away from the police as a distraction from your nose pain.

Touch a vagina. That always makes my face all warm. No, no, wait, that's muff diving that keeps my face warm.

Let me ponder on this a little more...

LOL,JD In Da House.:hitch:

standin
12-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Yea, I don't like using it, but when I must. one of my nostrils is really screwed up.

I guess until I make the appointment, I could try a sealant for the lining. I venture to say that is what prescription they will give me for it. Something to coat the inside.

I can't keep using this deadener.

standin
12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
If you remember please do ask. Thanks. I am horrible about actually going to the doctor. I have a blood doctor appointment coming up, but I am sure they will not know

This has to be a real common winter injury.
I bet if I had good key words I could find the answer, but nose pain cold and all the other ways got the same results of flu stuff.

Dan
12-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Blaze,Is That You?

standin
12-05-2009, 02:03 AM
:love: You all!
:welcomeflowrs::fourthofjuly2:

Panamark
12-05-2009, 03:23 AM
You have to remove those glass coke snortin tubes
before venturing outside !!

Little Texan
12-05-2009, 03:34 AM
:welcomeflowrs::fourthofjuly2:

WTF? :confused::confused12:

Maybe if you quit doing this...
:smiley-sniffer:

Your nose will heal up and quit being sore.

Little Texan
12-05-2009, 03:37 AM

Including thome? :biggrin:

diamondsgirl
12-05-2009, 05:07 AM

LOL :hee:

Nickdfresh
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Some people wear masks while running, but I could never imagine doing it unless it was extremely cold--as in single digits or subzero, in which case it is actually bad for your lungs to do cardio unless you have a mask on to warm the air you're breathing. Masks or scarves make it too difficult to breath, slow things down, and remind me of being forced to do "PT" in the Army while wearing a protective (gas) mask and MOPP gear as punishment. :) As far as aches and pain, that should disappear after a few runs as you get more fit and your muscles adapt to the pounding.

As for your nose, I'm assuming you mean the exterior skin and not your sinuses? If you are having this much pain on your skin, you could try coating it with something like zinc or Vaseline, or maybe search for some sort of cold weather skin protectant. If it's your sinuses, there's not much you can do except hope you get used to it. You could try using a saline nasal spray after working out and see if that makes a difference...

standin
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
You have to remove those glass coke snortin tubes
before venturing outside !!

You use glass and not bamboo? That is very haute of you. :hitch: :biggrin:

standin
12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Including thome? :biggrin:

No. Not only no but hell no.:meinsmiley:

standin
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
WTF? :confused::confused12:

Maybe if you quit doing this...
:smiley-sniffer:

Your nose will heal up and quit being sore.
Thankfully,
Gosh, it took a long time for the cocaine jokes to come out. :biggrin: :fufu:

standin
12-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Some people wear masks while running, but I could never imagine doing it unless it was extremely cold--as in single digits or subzero, in which case it is actually bad for your lungs to do cardio unless you have a mask on to warm the air you're breathing. Masks or scarves make it too difficult to breath, slow things down, and remind me of being forced to do "PT" in the Army while wearing a protective (gas) mask and MOPP gear as punishment. :) As far as aches and pain, that should disappear after a few runs as you get more fit and your muscles adapt to the pounding.

As for your nose, I'm assuming you mean the exterior skin and not your sinuses? If you are having this much pain on your skin, you could try coating it with something like zinc or Vaseline, or maybe search for some sort of cold weather skin protectant. If it's your sinuses, there's not much you can do except hope you get used to it. You could try using a saline nasal spray after working out and see if that makes a difference...

Thanks, Nick.
I have gotten somewhat use to the masks, due to the creepy pollen count in this region. But it is just on the inside, the coating seems to work. But I took so much of the nasal spray when it first started, it might be still masked. I google some more and found some mentions of dryness being a factor. It doesn't make much logic as I was riding in light rain. But I am real sensitive to low humidity. Low humidity and I just do not mix well. It only hurts when I breathe strong and deep now and just a little hurt. So, it is better. :D Yea!

Sensible Shoes
12-05-2009, 02:07 PM
This reply comes from a former Buffalo resident, so you know it has some credence.

Your sinus issues don't have to become so acute they need a drs treatment. Go to the drug store and purchase a bottle of saline solution from the nasal spray section. You can use it two ways - one just like you do nasal sprays, the other is tipping your head back, closing up your throat and just let the stuff run down in. Let it sit as long as you can stand it without choking to death, then hang your head over the sink and let it all run out. This is going to clear out whatever's in there ailing you - pollen, irritants, infection (mucus) and it's going to be gross as hell. But because it's nothing more than salt water, you can pull this off every day if you want to, and it relubricates your sinuses.

This little trick will get rid of a vast majority of sinus headaces, clear up sinus infections, and keep most allergies at bay. For years, I got a whopping case of bronchitis/pnuemonia just before CHristmas, brought on simply by post nasal drip. Last year, I did the saline thing and no bronchitis. This year, nothing yet.

standin
12-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks Shoes. I have the Saline spray right on the desk with me. :) Sure has to be better than the hardcore script stuff I have been jamming up there. Seems every hour I need a snoot of the saltwater and it seems to be working. I am breathing with no pain to the most minor of pain.

It is taking a lot, but... ehh... Sometimes I think I was meant to live underwater. :biggrin:

Little Texan
12-05-2009, 04:42 PM
No. Not only no but hell no.:meinsmiley:

I hear ya. I don't like him, either, and I doubt ANYONE on this site likes that annoying, inbred, illiterate fucktard. He's more annoying than Steve Savicki, and I used to think that wasn't possible.

Little Texan
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Have you tried using a humidifier for when you are indoors?

thome
12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
You are douching the protective mucus out of your nose. like do you have any clue that it might be there for a reason. 5 billion people have snot in thier nose. get a clue.

Plus the water in your nose in the cold will freeze into sharp jagged crystals and irritate the membranes that proscess/condition your air and sense of smull.

By douching out all of the mucus you are letting all the microscopic particulate matter lay directly on the hairs and sensative skin parts that need the protection of the snots.

Use the nose enema once a day an deal with the rest.

If you caught a cold outside making yourself healthier deal with it.

SCIENCE!!

standin
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
yea, I keep one running most all the time.

standin
12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Damn, Thome is like shit on your shoe. Hard to get rid of
Nothing you say has any value to me, Thome.
I would rather starve to death than take food from your hand.
And in this case I would rather chop off my nose like Michael Jackson than take your advise.
Which is nothing but advise that has been pulled out your ass.
Get off my fucking thread. You acted like a shit when you first got on here and I do not want you around now.

thome
12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
yea, I keep one running most all the time.

Do you have a humidifyer on your furnace I THOUGHT NOT!!

If the heated air that is cranking thru your house is drying out your nose check your furniture it will look like ancient egypto furniture..

If you cannot figure out how to turn on your whole house furnace humidifyer get rid of the jaggof living with you and call a real man.

If you cannot afford one, man or machine, crack one window on one end of your house and one on the other to humidify your house.

Helpie helperton thome saving the world one post ata time.

A room humidifyer will just, more than likely if not tempered with methol, do nothing more than make your life wet and mildewie. and real wet in only one room.

45% is what you need your humidifyer set at, if you have already ran your furnace it may take a month to get back up to summer levels.

SCIENCE!

standin
12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Fuck off, Thome.
You are not wanted or welcomed.
Your illiterate babble is drab.
I would not trust you with a lie.
And everything you touch gets rot.

thome
12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Damn, Thome To late baby

Nothing you say has any value to me, Thome.There is some guidence within it for you or anyone

And in this case I would rather chop off my nose like Michael Jackson than take your advise. Stop Choppin and get with the thomprogram

Which is nothing but advise that has been pulled out your ass. That is where I store all my crianaltastic knowlege

I didn't know I needed to send a resume first.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:01 PM
You are rot and everything you touch gets rot.
You are not wanted or welcomed by me.
I don't want you defending me.
I don't want you using my skirt as cover or excuse.
I don't like you.

thome
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
thomedirtnobodywatsyouroun'd

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZbdIQLsEpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZbdIQLsEpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sensible Shoes
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Use the nose enema once a day an deal with the rest.

SCIENCE!!

Uh, what the hell do you think she's doing? Running a stream of water through there 24/7?

I think you just like to fight.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you, shoes. That is true. He does just like to fight.
Drama Queen is Thome.
He has said more than once to people.
"If you loved me, you would fight over me"
He pits people against each other.
He is the classic wedge.

thome
12-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Uh, what the hell do you think she's doing? Running a stream of water through there 24/7?

I think you just like to fight.

I guess, I'll make an appointment for the doctor. It is probably pretty common sport related injury. The pain was so bad I used 3 shots, in both sides, of the nose stuff (prescription medicine, duh) that deadens the pain in my bad nostril. ... yea yea yea... jokes aside... this really hurts.

Careful with the nasal spray. I heard someone used one of those OTC ones and ended up losing her olfactory sense.

Yea, I don't like using it, but when I must. one of my nostrils is really screwed up.

I guess until I make the appointment, I could try a sealant for the lining. I venture to say that is what prescription they will give me for it. Something to coat the inside.

I can't keep using this deadener.

. But I took so much of the nasal spray when it first started, it might be still masked.

No what makes you think that...?

If you use it too much your nose will become acustomed to it stop making the snots .

Then you get dry cracked sinuses and end up with air in the lining between you skull and skin.

This perhaps only the second time I have posted before Blaze, without her first tuanting me, so I will back off and get out of her thread.

thome: how to win friends and influence people 101.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:16 PM
thomedirtnobodywatsyouroun'd

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZbdIQLsEpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZbdIQLsEpU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You are right , Thome.
You are the reason for abortions.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
No what makes you think that...?

If you use it too much your nose will become acustomed to it stop making the snots .

Then you get dry cracked sinuses and end up with air in the lining between you skull and skin.

This perhaps only the second time I have posted before Blaze, without her first tuanting me, so I will back off and get out of her thread.

thome: how to win friends and influence people 101.

Thome, you good reason for death.
You do not know shit about any of this other than you have wasted your nose by cramming nose candy up there relentlessly.
This is not the same as nose candy damage.

It is a very common sports related injury.

thome
12-05-2009, 06:27 PM
"If you loved me, you would fight over me"

and they.... wonder why it never works out ...?

"For me"... you,..... like every other Bit.&#@$* from coast to coast never listens.."For Me"..

"Over me" in the bedroom.

I am out, but I had to correct this indignation on my questionable character.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
It never works out because you are a punk.

standin
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
And are also a punk in the bedroom.