PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, kinda ballsy....

tojoro
12-11-2009, 06:31 PM
...showin' up on a CVH website, flyin the Rhoads banner, but in all my years posting on forums, this is the only avatar I could get to work.
I'm a big fan of both Ed and Randy. I don't consider one better than the other, though Ed's output obviously has more to draw from. I have a brother eight years my senior, so I was eleven going on twelve, which means I've been diggin' on VH from the get-go.
Man, when I was asked what my fave Halen tune was, I was kinda caught flat footed, but, I always go back to being in my Brother's '78 Cougar, hearing the intro to "Women In Love" for the first time, and just being struck by the beauty of that short piece of music. I wish it went on a bit longer.
Van Halen to me were, are and always be, the quintessential American rock and roll/ heavy metal band. To me, they were super heroes and cartoon characters and circus performers all at once. You saw these guys in Circus and Creem and such, and thought..."who the fuck are these guys?".
They had such a power like Sabbath, but they had a fuckin' groove that the ladies digged. It was ocean breeze and summer sunshine, gleamin' off the chrome of a '69 Chevelle, with pounders in the cooler and Bananna papers gettin' rolled while on the way to a cookout with some friends.
Dave weaves us a good time, while Ed goes off into the ionosphere, boosted by the rock solid drums of Alex and Mike's bass.
If I'm havin' a shit day, any of the original six-pack works wonders.
Classic Van Halen makes my heart warm and my nipples hard...in my book, that's a pretty good thing.
Oh yeah, I have a tendency to ramble:biggrin:

Tom

Sarge's Little Helper
12-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi tojoro and welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! We are a website created by fans of David Lee Roth for fans of David Lee Roth. IT’S THAT DAMN SIMPLE. The next beer is on us!

VanHalener
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Ramble on, Holmes.

Welcome

=VH=

kwame k
12-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Outstanding first post!

diamondsgirl
12-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I hope he didnt blow his entire load in his first post. He seemed cool.

Come back, toj! :)

ace diamond
12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Ramble on, and don't for get to take your whiskey home!
Fair warning, be careful on these mean streets!

GAR
01-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Welcome!

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
welcome tojo.do you like vanhalen?

jharp84
01-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Yup! Whataver da muddas' said! :) I fukkin fourth it! :biggrin:

tojoro
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Okeedokee...don't know what's been goin' on, but I've been havin' a bitch of a time getting on here. I appear to be logged in, write a reply to someone, go to post, then I'm asked to log in, and what I just wrote is now gone.
See if this one flies....

Cool! It worked!

tojoro
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
welcome tojo.do you like vanhalen?

Indeed I do. Just about everything from the six-pack is pure magic!
10 parts fun, 20 parts fury, 30 pounds of smoked fretboards and busted drum heads, and smiles 40 miles wide. Yeah...I like me some CVH.

Anonymous
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Indeed I do. Just about everything from the six-pack is pure magic!
10 parts fun, 20 parts fury, 30 pounds of smoked fretboards and busted drum heads, and smiles 40 miles wide. Yeah...I like me some CVH.

Meh... they're ok, I guess.

Cheers! :bottle:

Guitar Shark
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Meh... they're ok, I guess.

Ha!

Welcome, tojoro. :biggrin:

Blackflag
02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Screw you, Nate!

:fucku:

Fool me once, shame on you.

Dan
02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Welcome To The Roth Army.:D

Anonymous
02-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Screw you, Nate!

How does that go?

Fool myself twice, huh... :umm:

Dude...

It's not Nate.

tojoro
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Screw you, Nate!

Hey, Blackflag...
I dunno who Nate is, but he ain't me...my name is Tom and I hail from just outside of Boston. My user name is parts of my first, middle and last names.
It seems some folks like to go the multiple alias route, no?
Hopefully I didn't get off on the wrong foot with the Randy avatar.
Later,
T.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey, Blackflag...
I dunno who Nate is, but he ain't me...my name is Tom and I hail from just outside of Boston. My user name is parts of my first, middle and last names.
It seems some folks like to go the multiple alias route, no?
Hopefully I didn't get off on the wrong foot with the Randy avatar.
Later,
T.

tom jones roth, nice ta see ya here!:)