PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise - Scientology Rant

ELVIS
12-13-2009, 06:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4O2_rZIgrQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4O2_rZIgrQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:elvis:

kwame k
12-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I need the drugs he's on.....

Hate to say it but.....doesn't sound much different than most Organized Religions.

Diamondjimi
12-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Couldn't watch more than 3 minutes. Mindless drivvel-spew...

Just another sheep...

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Hate to say it but.....doesn't sound much different than most Organized Religions.

yes it does...

VanHalener
12-14-2009, 01:50 AM
TC is a little bitch stuck in the middle of a bullshit burrito with extra cheese and cheap salsa. Fuck him and his bullshit fiasco.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 01:54 AM
yes it does...

How? My religion can cure all your ills......my religion compels me to spread it to as many people as I can.....my religion can change your reality.....my religion can...

See a pattern there?

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 02:24 AM
No...

GAR
12-14-2009, 02:30 AM
TC is a little bitch stuck in the middle of a bullshit burrito with extra cheese and cheap salsa. Fuck him and his bullshit fiasco.

VanHalener, you are brilliant. You are educated, you have that responsibility about you that, if we do it, lets' get on board and lets do it. Do it. And uh, like that, like it and HAHAHA if you believe it can really you know, HAHAHA going out there and knowing you can be depended upon for all those people out there and just know what will work not just being a spectator: do what you HAHAHA its our others can definately no question, get us and lets get it and get on board.

I know, you are on board! Brilliant..

GAR
12-14-2009, 02:32 AM
my religion can change your reality.....my religion can... See a pattern there?

I will, when Tom Cruise rises from the dead.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 02:32 AM
E, I'm not dogging your beliefs.....I'm making a general statement about people using religion as a cure all or crutch for every single problem/solution in life and how organize religion has played off that to make it's self relevant/profitable.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 02:33 AM
I will, when Tom Cruise rises from the dead.

Fuck off troll and put me back on ignore, asshole:fufu:

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 02:49 AM
I hear ya, K...

Believing in Jesus doesn't mean don't get up off your ass and make something happen!

GAR
12-14-2009, 02:51 AM
You know, I'm there - I mean, to help people and obviously, of helping others that's where I'll be by HAHAHA natural. You know, if you believe it, don't fake it - read it, and know it. Sheesh, man if everyone we all, HAHAHA picked up and got into.. a more freer, the state of mind and that's why I what got me involved.. newer and better realities.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2009, 03:15 AM
His thetans are acting up again!

FORD
12-14-2009, 05:23 AM
I really wish the evil Lord Xenu would drop GAyR's ass in a volcano somewhere.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 06:40 AM
You know, I'm there - I mean, to help people and obviously, of helping others that's where I'll be by HAHAHA natural. You know, if you believe it, don't fake it - read it, and know it. Sheesh, man if everyone we all, HAHAHA picked up and got into.. a more freer, the state of mind and that's why I what got me involved.. newer and better realities.

That's one freaked out post...

kwame k
12-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I hear ya, K...

Believing in Jesus doesn't mean don't get up off your ass and make something happen!

Exactly.....God helps them that help themselves, kinda of thing.

This notion that a pill, money or religion will give you happiness and protect you from all life's troubles is complete and utter bullshit. It was made up by marketing people/churches to sell you shit you don't really need.

There is no perfect life and we all have our ups and downs....regardless of wealth, status or religious affiliation. As lame as it sounds, without the bad things that happen in everyone's lives the good would be meaningless.

thome
12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with the religion of drug therapy to cope with life on planet earth .

Minerals this,Vitamins that,Pharmies this and that,biologically oriented desruction or enhancement or rejuvination of the human form.

The scientologists are trying to make it seem that -Nutritional Therapists-
and counselors are thier idea...that all of this supplimentation...is

a supernatural doctrine from some alien super being who must be obayed and worshipped to obtain a after life.

There are people in your neighborhood who make a living of selling these Scientology algea pills and energy pills and herbally not appoved by the FDA suppliments all under names other than scientology.

Scientologists are completely nuts and very confused group of people.

They have overcomplicated thier lives with nonsense and all the while could have just gone to GNC.

Scientology has become very wealthy off of uninformed idiots.

They have controlled these idiot into possitions of power and you must be member in order to get a job with certain media companies.

And thome's 5 bucks sais they have film and incriminating pictures to back up thier control.

thome
12-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Exactly.....God helps them that help themselves, kinda of thing.

This notion that a pill, money or religion will give you happiness and protect you from all life's troubles is complete and utter bullshit. It was made up by marketing people/churches to sell you shit you don't really need.

There is no perfect life and we all have our ups and downs....regardless of wealth, status or religious affiliation. As lame as it sounds, without the bad things that happen in everyone's lives the good would be meaningless.

Fairly decent post there WaKKie K, but churches sell Faith, nothing that really has to do with pills.

The churches I would qualify as faith based, are constucted onto a ideal of turning points, and that they are a natural progression , "into"understanding.

There are many who call themselves a church, but it is just a word and is not copywrited..so there you go...

Churches and religions ;as you know, are a tool to control........ created long before democracy or governments.

They don't prey on the weakminded, but group together those of the same mind that thru faith we can overcome the corporeal existance that keeps us ignorant.

I would consider Scientology as a social club.... like a co-op, trading pills and mindless jibby jabber, for cash and job oportunities.

Anonymous
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM

That's because it IS just another organized religion.

See, the thing with religion is, if you don't have "faith" - meaning, if you're not willing to be spoon fed all that bullshit without any question or doubt - it makes absolutely NO sense.

Cheers! :bottle:

thome
12-14-2009, 01:24 PM

See, the thing with religion is, if you don't have "faith" - meaning, if you're not willing to be spoon fed all that bullshit without any question or doubt - it makes absolutely NO sense.

That's not the definition of faith.

Spoon fed answers ?

That is the definition of facism or hypnotism.

Faith is a personal quest that wakes you up in the morning.

Puts you to sleep at night.

Faith is the journey.

and Faith is also a day dancer down by the airport.

Just depends on what your looking at.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Can someone please interpret this garbage ??

Anonymous
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM

Spoon fed answers ?

Faith is the journey.

Dude, don't close your own jokes... by the middle of your post I WAS gonna reply that I used to have Faith. Back when she was working on this strip club I go to. Then she moved back to Letonia.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM

There's that and I agree but....if religion works for you, use it. If you need pills use them...my point is it's not the end all be all in either direction. Relying only on pills to give you a perfect or normal life is not really the answer. I would rather fell something, good or bad, than go through life as a drugged out zombie.

This mentality we have that there's a quick fix to happiness is complete and utter bullshit. Money doesn't buy happiness......yes, it can buy you a yacht to sail up next to it;), but no religion can give you complete happiness. Like the people that say when bad things happen to you, "That's God's way of telling you you're doing something wrong." No, I slammed my finger in the door because I was a dumb ass and wasn't paying attention. God really didn't have anything to do with it.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
I used to have Faith. Back when she was working on this strip club I go to.

That's a tired old joke...

Destiny Angel told me that one at a club back when you were wearing diapers...

:biggrin:

kwame k
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM

Not I.......;)

thome
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Dude, don't close your own jokes... by the middle of your post I WAS gonna reply that I used to have Faith. Back when she was working on this strip club I go to. Then she moved back to Letonia.

That was a long way to go for the punchline.

Next time I will add.......... dancer,(from Letonia)....

it kinda smoothes it out .

Just like -Faith- smoothes out ......the daily grind.

Uh Huh.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Dude, what meds are you on ??

Anonymous
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Ya know, I seriously don't understand how you guys don't understand Thome.

Granted, he tends to ramble on, and there's a lot of crap to wade through on his posts, but I find more often than not that he's a REALLY intelligent motherfucker who's more often right than wrong.

Sometimes most here even agree with him, but since you can't be bothered to read his posts, you get on flame wars with him.

He seems to enjoy it, though. :biggrin:

thome
12-14-2009, 01:45 PM

That was a long way to go for the punchline.

Next time I will add.......... dancer,(from Letonia)....

it kinda smoothes it out .

Just like -Faith- smoothes out ......the daily grind.

Spoon fed answers ?

Faith is the journey.

I thought I tied that last one in pretty well...if you can see it.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Meh...

Anyhoo, here's a related thread:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/23209-tom-cruise-says-he-knows-history-psychiatry.html

Kristy
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Just another sheep...

On Sunset Boulevard in L.A. is where one of their in not the headquarters are for the Church of Scientology and I've been by there and it is by far one of the weirdest places you'll ever see. All day long people come and go in and out of the building which in itself is not strange until you realize they are the same people. I say about 30- 40 people walk out of the building, cross the street, head down about 1/4 turn around and go back in. 8 to 12 minutes later they walk back out and do it all over again. And every one of them looks like a comatose zombie completely unaware of other people on the street or their surroundings.

thome
12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Besides for thier own, do the Scientologists do anything for humanity as a whole.... like for othersm without predjudice,,,,, like a scientology hospital for the needy in Somolia..?

Like... The Shriners have built infant, childrens, orthopedic, chippled, burn treatment wings on hospitals and complete hospitals...in America, all over the world and so onm as have other organizations...without compliance with thier beliefs you can find care...?

Do they have bake sales and give the money to Harvesters...are they philanthropic to the world, despite cultural barriers...

Or is it more like Jimmy Swaagert said, god needs cash and then he sais god said I should buy this coke and hookers, as a commision on the cash I procured.

EDIT: Lunch with a leader, Water for Africa(ok)Herpified lipps, Save the Dogs for Elfman TV chick Stamps,,,, I am amazed

In February 2006, Elfman donated an hour of her time to be auctioned off to the highest bidder on eBay as part of the "Lunch With A Leader" fundraiser, the proceeds of which benefit the work of Communities In Schools.[15] She participated in the auction in both 2007[16] and 2008[17] as well.

Elfman donated her lip print for a limited edition U.S. postage stamp created by Zazzle to celebrate Valentine's Day in both 2007[18] and 2008.[19] Proceeds for the "Kiss Stamps" went to support the programs of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).

As a criminal rehabilitation activist, Elfman has traveled to Washington D.C. to lobby for criminal reform. On April 5, 2007, she was presented with the Goodwill Ambassador Award for her work in human rights and criminal rehabilitation at the Women Ambassadors Foundation 12th Annual Conference.[20] On April 9, 2008, she was a guest [21] at the signing of a new bill by U.S. President George W. Bush that aims to reduce prisoner recidivism, entitled the Second Chance Act of 2007 (H.R. 1593).[22]

In September 2008, Elfman joined the Charity Water month-long "September Campaign," asking for donations in lieu of birthday gifts in order to raise money to build freshwater wells in Ethiopia.

Here is a Shriner philanthropic quote...perhaps I am not seeing all the Scientology stuff it is from Wikki after all

In 2008, Shriners Hospitals had a total budget of $826 million and in 2007 they approved 39,454 new patient applications, attended to the needs of 125,125 patients.[6]

The Shrine's charitable arm is the Shriners Hospitals for Children, a network of twenty-two hospitals in the United States, Mexico and Canada.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Here's some good stuff Coyote dug up.....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/56270-ladies-gentlemen-shrinking-world-l-ron-hubbard.html

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
On Sunset Boulevard in L.A. is where one of their in not the headquarters are for the Church of Scientology and I've been by there and it is by far one of the weirdest places you'll ever see. All day long people come and go in and out of the building which in itself is not strange until you realize they are the same people. I say about 30- 40 people walk out of the building, cross the street, head down about 1/4 turn around and go back in. 8 to 12 minutes later they walk back out and do it all over again. And every one of them looks like a comatose zombie completely unaware of other people on the street or their surroundings.

To make them look busy?

I was in a car showroom a few years ago and there was a delay sorting out getting my new car and after watching them for a while I realised that there were about 6 people in the place that were just pretending to be customers. They were paid minimum wage to make the place look busy.

There was something surreal about being there as you say. Makes you feel like you are in an art exhibition or something since you know that at least part of what you are experiencing there isn't real.

thome
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM

A tool to/for supplicating a sentence into something a little time in the box may help.

Coyote
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
After watching a minute (and a half) of that bullshit, all I can say is:

STFU, Maverick...

ace diamond
12-14-2009, 04:40 PM

peace sells.......................but who's buying?

Igosplut
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I always thought that "Raping baby's" line they use was fucking strange..

Like who the fuck thought that up to yell at people??

Nickdfresh
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Scientologists are Dadaists! Who knew?

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Why should it. Organized religion is about using people's superstitions or family to extort money out of them and control them. Scientology just likes to use lawyers and celebrity image more.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Why should it. Organized religion is about using people's superstitions or family to extort money out of them and control them. Scientology just likes to use lawyers and celebrity image more.

Yup, same house just with a different paint job.

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:09 PM
So why isn't the world a paradise since we have the Church of Scientology and Tom Cruise so determined to help us with their exlusive knowlege and truth on why and how the universe works?

kwame k
12-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Ah, because it's a total crock of shit and they're not interested in results but getting your money/slave labor.

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 08:14 PM
A lot of it is to do with age.

Someone making outrageous claims and creating a religion seems much crazier because they did it within living memory rather than 2000 years ago.

Look at the Mormans. It's outrageous that millions of people go along with that story but it's mainstream already in not much more than a hundred years.

It's funny when some Christians say that the difference is the resurrection when this was witnessed by only a few of his followers.

Compare that to the number of people that have claimed to have seen Elvis since his death and that's only been 30 years...

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:24 PM

It's mind control. The Scientology term for it is auditing. The CIA actually worked with L. Ron Hubbard because he was good at it. The CIA was heavy into mind control research in the late 1950's and 1960's. Using students at Stanford University for LSD experiments is what set off the whole psycodelic thing in the late 60's. The students decided they liked the stuff and ordered their own.

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
A lot of it is to do with age.

Someone making outrageous claims and creating a religion seems much crazier because they did it within living memory rather than 2000 years ago.

Look at the Mormans. It's outrageous that millions of people go along with that story but it's mainstream already in not much more than a hundred years.

It's funny when some Christians say that the difference is the resurrection when this was witnessed by only a few of his followers.

Compare that to the number of people that have claimed to have seen Elvis since his death and that's only been 30 years...

What keeps the Mormons going is they breed members. You are a third class citizen in the church unless you marry another member in the temple and to get into the temple you have to be (or appear) to be a loyal member which the most important part is paying 10% plus of your gross income to the church. You can leave the church but you will catch major shit from your family and inlaws. Also, you can't go to weddings in the temple without the special church approved card. I've completely blew off all my nieces weddings because of this. Then I make sure I send them a very nice wedding gift to make up for it. I just don't want to be sitting in the temple waiting room feeling like some outcast.

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
As far as Joseph Smith, the golden plates, and the Book of Mormon. It's just filler. It could be UFO's instead. The church has constantly changed it's dogma over the years. It's the temple weddings and family/community pressure that keeps it going, plus, repeating the same shit over and over. Chairman Mao once said if you tell a lie enough times it becomes the truth.

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Like the Jehovah's Witnesses who have repeatedly completely changed their dogma.

As of course have the catholics.

If we live long enough I bet we will live to see the Vatican will back down on contraception without a word of apology for the millions and millions of dead in Africa because of their superstitions.

Nitro Express
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Like the Jehovah's Witnesses who have repeatedly completely changed their dogma.

As of course have the catholics.

If we live long enough I bet we will live to see the Vatican will back down on contraception without a word of apology for the millions and millions of dead in Africa because of their superstitions.

In the case of the LDS, they had to get rid of the polygamy because the Federal Government was throwing the leadership in jail and confiscating church property. So they had a revelation. Later, they had to give blacks the priesthood since the civil rights movement was successful and the church had become a target due to it's racism. Again, the prophet had another revelation.

Church's have to change with the times or they cease to exist. This business of the only true church and unchanging gosphel is a sack of shit. Look at any religion and they have changed something if they have been around a 100 years or more.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
What has basic Christianity changed ??

kwame k
12-14-2009, 09:01 PM

Off the top of my head.....first off it was a Jewish sect that morphed into Christianity. Christ was a Jew you know. How about all the debates about whether or not to let Gentiles into the fold. Diet restrictions and when to celebrate the Sabbath. Which books would be allowed and which books wouldn't be allowed in the Bible. How about the King James version of the bible. Protestant movement...Church of England.

How about women participating in any way shape or form, that was never allowed but now is.

I could go on all night, E.

ELVIS
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
All of that is out of context...

Diamondjimi
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Funny how people buy into L. Ron Hubbard's fantasy drivvel. He was basically a failed Sci-fi writer. These fuckin whack jobs are no different than Trekkies.
Although, somehow I think Trekkies are more harmless...

kwame k
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM

What....the letters the disciples wrote, the constant consulting with James and the leadership about including gentiles into the fold? Dietary restrictions and circumcision all taken out of context?

Not a fucking thing was taken out of context, E. The churches have evolved and the Christianity of 200 years ago is totally different than any church today.

The church executed William Tyndale in 1536 for publishing the Bible in English.
You still attending a Latin mass?

Limbo is another great example of how the Church changes its beliefs over time.The Church used to insist that infants who died unbaptised would go to limbo, or even hell. After torturing millions of mothers with these claims for centuries, the church has finally decided that no, actually, it just made the whole thing up.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Funny how people buy into L. Ron Hubbard's fantasy drivvel. He was basically a failed Sci-fi writer. These fuckin whack jobs are no different than Trekkies.
Although, somehow I think Trekkies are more harmless...

I'd follow a Trekkie religion. Think about it....no money and everything that you could ever want could be replicated by that thing that they used to order food from......no racism, hunger or poverty and getting it on with those hot green chicks like Kirk did. Sign me up, Scottie:)

FORD
12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd follow a Trekkie religion. Think about it....no money and everything that you could ever want could be replicated by that thing that they used to order food from......no racism, hunger or poverty and getting it on with those hot green chicks like Kirk did. Sign me up, Scottie:)

Yeah, but not that weird Vulcan cult that Spock's brother belonged to in Star Trek V. That dude was David Koresh with green blood and pointy ears!

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 10:37 PM

Thing is that a lot of people especially in the US seem to get quite upset about what I see is the Star Trek approach but they call the 'New World Order'. They seem to think that their single vote is incredibly important as long as there are only 200 million voters but would be without value if voting for a world president with 4 billion voters. In Europe people completely seem to forget that pre EU there were 100s of wars for hundreds of years. Already in 20 short years a war between even Eastern Europeans is becoming unthinkable. Expand it out to the world and it's no more wars.

I do have concerns myself about it though. :)

Back in the 1990s I used to lie in my bed on Sunday lunchtimes watching the Star Trek New Generation thing wondering where the hell they got the Enterprise bar staff from. As I understood it you have machines that can produce anything you need and holodecks where you can go and do anything even on a spaceship never mind on planets.

Why in the name of cunt when you can do and have anything you want would you want to stand in a pretty basic bar all night serving people drinks knowing that at any time some 'mysterious energy source' might completely obliterate you before you even know there is a problem? And you are doing this for people who are such pricks they demand that you to do that for them when they could instead just say 'Computer, give me a drink'.

Also who has the job of wiping the sperm off the walls of the holodeck whenever anyone apart from the most fucking insanely repressed fucker uses it... :)

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM

You are always deliberately vague about the particular brand of Christianity you have selected as being completely right.

That makes sense because it stops an asshole like me finding awkward questions for you.

GAR
12-14-2009, 10:49 PM

uhh.. HAHAHA newer better realities?

GAR
12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
You are always deliberately vague about the particular brand of Christianity you have selected as being completely right.

That makes sense because it stops an asshole like me finding awkward questions for you.

What's the easy out for pagans, is to be completely hateful towards ALL Christians.

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
I have no idea.

Pagans seem to be very silly to me but I think their original version of Xmas was better.

Of course the Christians killed most of them.

FORD
12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Why in the name of cunt when you can do and have anything you want would you want to stand in a pretty basic bar all night serving people drinks knowing that at any time some 'mysterious energy source' might completely obliterate you before you even know there is a problem? And you are doing this for people who are such pricks they demand that you to do that for them when they could instead just say 'Computer, give me a drink'.

Would you trust a computer to know what REAL Romulan Ale was? Computers can't drink! :gulp:

http://www.toddkentwebsite.com/LVale.jpg

kwame k
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Thing is that a lot of people especially in the US seem to get quite upset about what I see is the Star Trek approach but they call the 'New World Order'. They seem to think that their single vote is incredibly important as long as there are only 200 million voters but would be without value if voting for a world president with 4 billion voters. In Europe people completely seem to forget that pre EU there were 100s of wars for hundreds of years. Already in 20 short years a war between even Eastern Europeans is becoming unthinkable. Expand it out to the world and it's no more wars.

I do have concerns myself about it though. :)

It's one of those things that might sound better in theory than practical application but I don't know. Thinking about it...one currency, a group trade consortium, and all the other benefits the EU has might be worth it. When you break it down we already have that in all but name. I love all this Fascist this and that bullshit we Americans are spewing. America is owned by a communist country, China, absolute fact. Our everyday banking, credit, cable tv, radio, news and other forms of mass communication are controlled by a select few. So in a way we already have a NWO in all but name.

Why not have a one world nation.....why, because Americans are so used to being in control of the World's affairs. Look at how the fucking right wing are totally freaking out that we elected a half black President. Could you imagine trying to pass a NWO kinda thing? If it was done right it would work. Like you said, everyone gets a vote.....billions of people instead of millions of people and more at stake than did Tiger Woods fuck some chick other than his wife. More issues that effect the whole World than just America. We are becoming inter-connected anyways. We have a global economy and what impacts one impacts all. Jesus, I'm debating this with a dude from Scotland!

I've just lived through 9 years of "US" being the worlds policeman and spreaders of the "Democracy" faith and frankly, I'm fucking sick and tired of it and guess what, it was an epic FAIL!

Would we have wars in Iraq or Afghanistan had we had a global cooperative?

Back in the 1990s I used to lie in my bed on Sunday lunchtimes watching the Star Trek New Generation thing wondering where the hell they got the Enterprise bar staff from. As I understood it you have machines that can produce anything you need and holodecks where you can go and do anything even on a spaceship never mind on planets.

Also who has the job of wiping the sperm off the walls of the holodeck whenever anyone apart from the most fucking insanely repressed fucker uses it... :)

No one said the "New Frontier" was perfect Sesh. Jesus, how the fuck else was Whoopi Goldberg going get camera time:)

kwame k
12-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, but not that weird Vulcan cult that Spock's brother belonged to in Star Trek V. That dude was David Koresh with green blood and pointy ears!

Gotta take the good with the bad, FORD:headlights:

kwame k
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Would you trust a computer to know what REAL Romulan Ale was? Computers can't drink! :gulp:

http://www.toddkentwebsite.com/LVale.jpg

Wonder what the hangover is like on that stuff?

Seshmeister
12-14-2009, 11:49 PM
We are becoming inter-connected anyways. We have a global economy and what impacts one impacts all. Jesus, I'm debating this with a dude from Scotland!

A lot of people don't get this yet at all.

The future for us is science, technology and entertainment.

Manufacturing is gone for Western companies.

I am not a great diy guy but today I bought a boxset of 74 drill bits for $20.

Take off the sales tax and the import tax, the cost to bring it from China to me and the cut the shop took and it's just fucking ludicrous.

In a couple of weeks like millions of others I'll be filling a fucking room full of presents for my kids with the gap in stuff they get even this year being just as big as that between what I got and what my Dad got in the 1940s i.e. a pencil and a fucking banana.

Virtual companies are going to become increasingly important. These things time have come. I'm now developing software with people I might only meet once a year if ever.

I don't mean to sound a dick but the people doing this kind of stuff are the ones that are going to pay for everything else. People that work in government or retail are basically just moving wealth around in circles. People in the financial sector are just in a world of make believe especially now.

Science is everything for countries in the US or UK now whether you work in it or not.

You have a very small percentage of the population actually 'creating' any wealth.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Virtual companies are going to become increasingly important. These things time have come. I'm now developing software with people I might only meet once a year if ever.

Spot on post, BTW.

I worked from home up until a few months ago and as of next week will be be working from home with only occasional visits to the Corporate Office.

The overhead on having to keep a real office and space for all your employees is just not costs effective in this day and age. The money you save on office space, supplies and the like make it so much more profitable to work in a virtual environment.

GAR
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Spot on post, BTW.

*Insert homoerotic pic here*

kwame k
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Jesus Clay, no one wants to see you and Jizzy's honeymoon pictures. What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is between you and Jizzy.

I'm on ignore Idiot! Do I have to keep your lies straight for you now.

Got anything relevant to add to the grown-up conversation......:lmao: Sorry Clay, I forgot who I was talking to, of course you don't.

Seshmeister
12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Clean up in row 5....

Hey GAR you must feel like you are still at work. :)

Seshmeister
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
The overhead on having to keep a real office and space for all your employees is just not costs effective in this day and age. The money you save on office space, supplies and the like make it so much more profitable to work in a virtual environment.

I could be wrong but I have to think that it's inevitable that a lot of people are going to be working like that.

I don't want to upset any of the people that work in these fields but I have never employed a human resources person, a management consultant, an occupational therapist, publicist, marketing, etc etc etc. I don't want to pick on these people but I'm unconvinced that they are needed.

There is a huge amount of slack in the white collar sector and these people are all going to have to adjust in the same way manufacturing did when we were kids.

It's not all bad. Once you take away the water cooler gossip, stupid office politics, and most importantly wasting time commuting most people could do what they do at the moment in half the time from home.

That leaves a huge amount of extra time to watch Columbo on daytime TV,and post shit on the interweb at 80s hasbeen rock sites.

And you can do all this semi naked saving on laundry whilst swigging a bottle of vodka.. :).

kwame k
12-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I could be wrong but I have to think that it's inevitable that a lot of people are going to be working like that.

I don't want to upset any of the people that work in these fields but I have never employed a human resources person, a management consultant, an occupational therapist, publicist, marketing, etc etc etc. I don't want to pick on these people but I'm unconvinced that they are needed.

There is a huge amount of slack in the white collar sector and these people are all going to have to adjust in the same way manufacturing did when we were kids.

It's not all bad. Once you take away the water cooler gossip, stupid office politics, and most importantly wasting time commuting most people could do what they do at the moment in half the time from home.

That leaves a huge amount of extra time to watch Columbo on daytime TV,and post shit on the interweb at 80s hasbeen rock sites.

And you can do all this semi naked saving on laundry whilst swigging a bottle of vodka.. :).

:lmao:

It was like pulling teeth trying to get the dinosaurs at my work to even consider doing a virtual office. There's no reason for me to ever go to the office but I had to give a little and I'll show up a few times a month until they realize there's no need even for that.

Dr. Love
12-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I think it's possible for you guys to flame each other without making me look at pictures like that.

Don't post that sort of thing. Makes Dr. Love rage against the world.

If you really want to rile people up, you post pictures like this...

http://rageblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/christianity.jpg

Anonymous
12-15-2009, 12:50 AM

Trek... for the larve of Gawd, there is no salvation for ya.

A drummer AND a trekkie nerd.

Jaysus!

If there's a TRUE GOD worth following is Crom.

He bestows unto us - fuck, bestow unto - nothing but Life & Will.

It is then up to us to decide what to do with this Life & Will.

The only time you will see Him is when you die, and that only if you are worthy. Other than that, as previously mentioned, He doesn't really give a fuck about you.

My kind of God.

kwame k
12-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Don't say "you guys" Doc, that's all Clay not any of us.

kwame k
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Trek... for t he larve of Gawd, thers is no salvation for ya.

A drummer AND a trekkie nerd.

Jaysus!

If there's a TRUE GOD worth following is Crom.

He bestows unto us - fuck, bestow unto - nothing but Life & Will.

It is then up to us to decide what to do with this Life & Will.

The only time you will see Him is when you die, and that only if you are worthy. Other than that, as previously mentioned, He doesn't really give a fuck about you.

My kind of God.

Ok....who the fuck is Will, though. Just like to know the people I'm worshiping and all.

Dr. Love
12-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Next time I see someone post tongue-in-cheek I'm going to get my mighty ban-hammer out!

oh the puns of steel

And yes, you're right ... I suppose I should have said it's possible for GAR to flame others without posting shit like that.

kwame k
12-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Not the ban 'o hammer, Doc:eek:

standin
12-15-2009, 03:59 AM
I think it's possible for you guys to flame each other without making me look at pictures like that.

Don't post that sort of thing. Makes Dr. Love rage against the world.

If you really want to rile people up, you post pictures like this...

http://rageblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/christianity.jpg

:confused10 OMG, That is sooooooo wrong! Shocking turly shocking!
:lmao:

He's hot, got his number? ~Joke!`~ :D

GAR
12-15-2009, 05:04 AM
I suppose I should have said it's possible for GAR to flame others without posting shit like that.

Couldn't help it Doc.

Hardrock69
12-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Funny how people buy into L. Ron Hubbard's fantasy drivvel. He was basically a failed Sci-fi writer.

He may have been a drug-abusing, drunken wife-beater and founder of one of the largest scams in recent memory, but his sci-fi stuff was seriously kick-ass!

Have you ever actually read Battlefield: Earth?

In paperback it is over 1,000 pages long, and even though I would not say he is up there with Asimov or other greats, it is a pretty good sci-fi novel.

Unfortunately, once it was published (in 1982) the fucking Xenu worshippers were instructed to go out and buy armloads of books, just to boost it onto the New York Times bestseller list. Church mission directors were ordered to sell and promote the shit out of it.

The film version is widely viewed as one of the worst films ever made. I agree with that notion.

Oh well. Fuck the Appliantologists.

VanHalener
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jl6WSw4AII&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jl6WSw4AII&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Slavery.

Christians were completely pro slavery. In fact like a lot of evil things the bible was used to justify the completely obviously immoral act of enslaving another human.

This is a reason to not just shrug off religious people as just being gullible people who are very scared of dying.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

How can anyone, even a Christian, think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

So these are the Bible family values! A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and screws them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Anonymous
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, you have to beat up those slaves a bit, now don't you?

They've been very naughty... very naughty indeed.

And the Master's will is to be respected. Send me that slightly rotund one. She's been especially naughty & she needs a little bit of punishment.

78/84 guy
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Good actor ?? Sure, but the guy should start a car collection or something and shut the fuck up !!!

thome
12-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Slavery.

Christians were completely pro slavery. In fact like a lot of evil things the bible was used to justify the completely obviously immoral act of enslaving another human.

This is a reason to not just shrug off religious people as just being gullible people who are very scared of dying.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

How can anyone, even a Christian, think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

So these are the Bible family values! A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and screws them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Your Wacko dude, if you think slavery is a thing of the past .

That the christains condoned it created it or ended it.

But, you gotta blame someone or something to prove your pointless comments.

The secret thing none of you get is, it is all a conspiracy to get you non-believers to read quote and write the verses of the bible to prove your point, that the bible is a worthless document not fit to be read or quoted.

OOpppsssssssss sorry blew the lid off that one.

But Sesh you are saved by your countless research, welcome to the christain brotherhood.

lol

Dr. Love
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Couldn't help it Doc.

Try harder. There's a lot of people that would like to see you banned and push actively for it without you handing out reasons for the staff to go ahead and do it.

Nickdfresh
12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Clean up in row 5....

Hey GAR you must feel like you are still at work. :)

Nope. He lost it to a Mexican...

Nickdfresh
12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
What I find a bit fascinating is it took me a while to place it, but Tom Cruise's ranting demeanor reminds me of Charles Manson during one of his interviews in the 80s or 90s...

GAR
12-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, drugs right?

He's gotta be methin' out on something. Actors like that Ritalin shit.