PDA

View Full Version : Cobain's mother gets guardianship of granddaughter

kwame k
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
LOS ANGELES – The only daughter of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love has been placed in a temporary guardianship, court records show.
A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner granted control over 17-year-old Frances Bean Cobain to Kurt Cobain's mother Wendy O'Connor and his sister Kimberly Dawn Cobain.

The court filing does not mention Love or give a reason for the guardianship.
In recent months, Love, former frontwoman of the band Hole, has been criticized for rambling online postings that have attacked a former bandmate and others. A fashion designer sued Love in Los Angeles earlier this year over some of the posts, claiming they were libelous.
A three-page order issued Friday was all that is publicly available on the guardianship.

Attorney Geraldine Wyle, who is handling the case for the mother and sister, calls it a private family matter and said no other comment would be issued.
Love's publicist Alan Nierob said in an e-mail he didn't have any details about the guardianship.

The court order, which is valid until February, grants Cobain's mother and sister no control over a trust established by the Nirvana frontman for his daughter. Kurt Cobain killed himself in 1994.
The guardianship was first reported by TMZ.com.

In September 2005, Love was sentenced to 180 days at a drug treatment facility for violating probation in three misdemeanor cases — one for illegal possession of painkillers, one for being under the influence of a controlled substance in public, and another for assault and battery.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091214/ap_en_mu/us_people_courtney_love;_ylt=AhEt1h84C_3dlWS5CAPkf yuVEhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTJ0OTBzcGVkBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxM jE0L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9jb3VydG5leV9sb3ZlBHBvcwM3BHNlYwN 5bl9wYWdpbmF0ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA2NvYmFpbnNtb 3RoZQ--)

kwame k
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
My only question is.....why in the fuck did you wait so long:pullinghair:

The cynic side of me says...17 years old and now you want her trust fund errr, guardianship.

Steve Savicki
12-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Seems better than having Love's side of the family take the guardianship.

Poor Frances... I hope she has as merry of a Christmas as possible through all of this...

FORD
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
My only question is.....why in the fuck did you wait so long:pullinghair:

The cynic side of me says...17 years old and now you want her trust fund errr, guardianship.

Well, they might have waited this long to make it "official", but it's my understanding that Grandma and Aunt Kim have been Frances' "real parents" most of the time anyway. The legalities probably only had to happen now because at the age of 17, she could probably choose to be emancipated if she wanted. And if that was the only alternative to living with Cuntney, she probably would have done exactly that.

As for a trust fund? I don't know if there is such a thing. Last I heard, they were in danger of losing their house, which Kurt bought for them, but apparently Cuntney fucked that up somehow (can't imagine Kurt wouldn't have paid cash for the house, so it shouldn't have been a mortgage default or whatever). I forget the details of whatever it was, or how it was resolved.

kwame k
12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
No, I believe Kurt had set up a Trust Fund for her before he died. The article above mentions that Grandma will have no control over that but who knows for sure.

Diamondjimi
12-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Seems better than having Love's side of the family take the guardianship.

Poor Frances... I hope she has as merry of a Christmas as possible through all of this...

Too bad Steve. She's far too old for you...

chefcraig
12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Documents reveal Courtney Love accused of 'domestic violence' against daughter Frances Bean Cobain

BY Issie Lapowsky
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, December 24th 2009

Newly released documents suggest that Courtney Love may have abused her daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/628/courty.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/courty.jpg/)

According to TMZ.com, it’s possible that one of the reasons Love lost legal control of her 17-year-old daughter, Frances, is that Love had been accused of child abuse. The court documents obtained by TMZ ask that all articles “relating to a minor and allegations of domestic violence" be sealed in addition to Frances’ medical records.

On December 11, a judge issued Love a temporary restraining order, which prevents her from contacting Frances. TMZ.com reveals that the order "...restrains Courtney Love Cobain, from certain behavior and from coming within a certain distance of Frances and her guardians," according to the new documents.

In response to the restraining order, Love has taken to Facebook to voice her frustrations.

"id just prefer she not become Jaimie [sic] L Spears," Love writes, in reference to Jamie Lynn Spears, who had a baby at 17.

Love adds, "she should go be a writer or an a…rtist wich I support 100% but this is a circus and it pains me cos i know she hates it."

Documents reveal Courtney Love accused of 'domestic violence' against daughter Frances Bean Cobain (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/24/2009-12-24_documents_reveal_courtney_love_accused_of_domes tic_violence_against_daughter_fra.html)

FORD
12-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Damn, that girl has her father's eyes.

Hope she didn't inherit some of his more troublesome genes to go with them.:(

Nickdfresh
12-24-2009, 10:06 PM

You mean like the disposition of being prone to marrying a fucking cunt?

Golden AWe
12-25-2009, 04:09 PM
What! Courtney Love a bad mother? Nooo!?!

Igosplut
12-25-2009, 06:40 PM
What! Courtney Love a bad mother..

"Are we bad mothers?"

"WE ARE BAD MOTHERS!"

http://www.imcdb.org/thumbnail.php?pic=064-824.jpg

Terry
12-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Some of the stuff Love was involved with in the 1990s (Hole's Live Through This album, the People vs. Larry Flynt flick) I found entertaining.

All she's done in the last decade, from reports and appearances, is get fucked up on pills, go under the knife to the point where she barely looks human and piss away large chunks of the Cobain estate through bad business investments.

Feel bad for Frances and Courtney, inasmuch as by all accounts they both love and care for each other. While I suspect much of Courtney's problems are blowback from what Dave Grohl alluded to as her "rehearsed insanity" it must be hard for Frances to have grown up knowing her father killed himself and her mother is somewhat of a trainwreck. I mean, that stuff would be hard to deal with on a private level, nevermind adding the element of the media scrutiny.

FORD
12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
You mean like the disposition of being prone to marrying a fucking cunt?

Well, that's one of them. But I was actually referring to the congenital stomach condition which caused Kurt to use heroin as a pain killer in the first place.

And also, the suicide thing (whether or not you believe Kurt's death actually was) is sadly all too common in the Cobain family tree.

Terry
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, that's one of them. But I was actually referring to the congenital stomach condition which caused Kurt to use heroin as a pain killer in the first place.

And also, the suicide thing (whether or not you believe Kurt's death actually was) is sadly all too common in the Cobain family tree.

What was it people who knew Cobain claimed he used to say, even before he got famous..."I have the suicide genes."

Tend to believe he did kill himself. He may well have been shooting up junk with someone else when he did it, and they took off because they didn't want to get involved. The whole "he was murdered" biz doesn't hold too much water, mostly because someone would have come forward (someone more credible than El Duce) or something would have leaked by now...I mean, Courtney Love is unable (or unwilling) to keep anything out of the media glare, so the idea this unhinged woman could have masterminded Kurt's assassination along with the gaggle of drug users she was hanging with back then (Cali the male nanny, Dylan Carlson, etc.) AND managed to keep it covered up all these years is too much of a stretch, and other than her there wasn't really anyone else besides himself who would have wanted him dead.

Nitro Express
12-27-2009, 05:01 AM

Kurt was from Aberdeen. That town always had a creepy vibe every time I drove through it.

Nitro Express
12-27-2009, 05:08 AM
If you have issues with depression making a lot of money won't make you happy. In fact, the stress of being a public figure due to fame can make it worse. Money makes your physical surroundings nicer but Kurt was record label property and he was obligated to them. If you take any advance money you have to pay that back at HUGE interest and you have to make albums and tour. Basically you have to work and many artist, especially, fucked up, drugged addicted ones view it all as a loss of freedom. Kurt probably just wanted to get stoned and stay stoned once he had some money and holy hell I don't want to make another album and go on tour. I want to hide out and be constantly stoned.

Nitro Express
12-27-2009, 05:11 AM
Courtney Love is basically damaged goods from a hippie commune.

Igosplut
12-27-2009, 07:05 AM
What was it people who knew Cobain claimed he used to say, even before he got famous..."I have the suicide genes."

Tend to believe he did kill himself. He may well have been shooting up junk with someone else when he did it, and they took off because they didn't want to get involved. The whole "he was murdered" biz doesn't hold too much water, mostly because someone would have come forward (someone more credible than El Duce) or something would have leaked by now...I mean, Courtney Love is unable (or unwilling) to keep anything out of the media glare, so the idea this unhinged woman could have masterminded Kurt's assassination along with the gaggle of drug users she was hanging with back then (Cali the male nanny, Dylan Carlson, etc.) AND managed to keep it covered up all these years is too much of a stretch, and other than her there wasn't really anyone else besides himself who would have wanted him dead.

Yea, the ending fits the story far too well. A known suicidal junkie ( that owns guns no less) basically crawls off after a big binge and shoots himself. I seriously doubt even if Kurt was with any other junkies that they could have orchestrated anything like that.

Plus, I think Cuntney would have rather he stuck around and pumped out a few more albums at least.....