PDA

View Full Version : ThEm CrOoKeD VuLtUrEs live on "Rockpalast"

Diamondjimi
12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
THEM CROOKED VULTURES consists of Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, NIRVANA, THEM CROOKED VULTURES) on drums, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE singer/guitarist Josh Homme and LED ZEPPELIN bass player John Paul Jones.

The band's self-titled debut album sold 70,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 12 on The Billboard 200 chart.
"Them Crooked Vultures" was released on November 17 via DGC/Interscope Records.

Them Crooked Vultures - Rockpalast - WDR Fernsehen (http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/videos/2009/1208/them_crooked_vultures.jsp)

Dan
12-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh Hell Yeah.:D

They Are Playing To Gigs Down Here Next Year.:D

Golden AWe
12-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the video link!

I'm not totally sold out on the songs...they're like "better made average Josh Homme" but not Top10 ever yet...

Diamondjimi
12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I like the way Homme is a forward thinking writer/musician. He has a very unique style.

I like to hear what someone like Mike Patton could come up with...

binnie
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
The album is growing on me....

chefcraig
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
The album is growing on me....

Yeah, but it's still difficult to get through in places. It reminds me of some of those bands Jack Bruce lead during the seventies and eighties, where the music seemed to be complicated merely for the sake of it. Just because you can play something doesn't always mean you need to. Then again, they are taking some extreme chances musically, and you can't fault them for the effort. The group could just as easily shat out some reprocessed Zeppelin riffs and called it an album. Hell, some bands have staked entire careers on that principle.

Diamondjimi
12-18-2009, 02:50 PM
The group could just as easily shat out some reprocessed Zeppelin riffs and called it an album. Hell, some bands have staked entire careers on that principle.

True. If that was going to be their angle I doubt Jonesy would be interested at all. For him to involved speaks volumes about Homme's credibility. It's good to see Grohl back on the drums again...

kwame k
12-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Fuck yeah it is.....you forget how great of a drummer Dave is. Thanks for the post Jimi....awesome live footage!