PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video leads to Hollywood contract

Seshmeister
12-17-2009, 02:36 PM
A producer from Uruguay who uploaded a short film to YouTube in November 2009 has been offered a $30m (£18.6m) contract to make a Hollywood film.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6YVDo3MJWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6YVDo3MJWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The movie will be sponsored by director Sam Raimi, whose credits include the Spiderman and Evil Dead films.

Fede Alvarez's short film "Ataque de Panico!" (Panic Attack!) featured giant robots invading and destroying Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay.

It is 4 mins 48 seconds long and was made on a budget of $300 (£186).

So far it has had more than 1.5 million views on YouTube.

"I uploaded (Panic Attack!) on a Thursday and on Monday my inbox was totally full of e-mails from Hollywood studios," he told the BBC's Latin American service BBC Mundo.

"It was amazing, we were all shocked."

The movie Mr Alvarez has been asked to produce is a sci-fi film to be shot in Uruguay and Argentina. He says he intends to start from scratch and develop a new story for the project.

"If some director from some country can achieve this just uploading a video to YouTube, it obviously means that anyone could do it," he added.

YouTube recently revealed the most watched videos of 2009. Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle topped the chart with more than 120 million views worldwide of her debut on the show.

Seshmeister
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
YouTube recently revealed the most watched videos of 2009. Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle topped the chart with more than 120 million views worldwide of her debut on the show.

The amazing fact that a hideous mad woman can sing to a good karaoke bar level is the most interesting thing on YouTube this year?

The world is mad.

standin
12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Holy cadavers, that's an awesome clip!

Anonymous
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
The amazing fact that a hideous mad woman can sing to a good karaoke bar level is the most interesting thing on YouTube this year?

The world is mad.

According to most comments, she's actually an angel, or some shit.

Look Sesh, people are used to hear stuff like Britney Spears. If somehow, someone sings properly, if not perfectly, it's a divine intervention, or something.

If you eat shit everyday, and then someone gives you an undigested cabbage, that thing will taste like a gift from the Gods.

Cheers! :bottle:

Dan
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Sweet As.:D

Hardrock69
12-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I was in awe of the original Susan Boyle clip.

All those goddamned know-it-alls were so fucking skeptical when this frumpy middle-aged woman walked out onstage, and she forced them to eat their own shit!

She deserves her success, much more than the artificial Britney-clones and manufactured pop-stars on this planet.

In a world of fakes and music that is lame, dumbed-down, over-produced crap, she walked out on that stage and showed them she is the real deal.

No fakery. No big-production stage show with 40 dancers and a 90-piece band with 8 guitarists, 4 drummers and a bazillion keyboard players and back-up singers designed to hide the complete and utter lack of talent of the person they are "backing up".

She walked out there literally on the WORLD STAGE by herself, and sang a fucking song, and brought the house down.

Then, she had the single greatest debut week sales of ANY FEMALE ARTIST IN FUCKING HISTORY!

She deserves every bit of her success, and I hope she does not get too destroyed by the "music industry".

Seshmeister
12-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Believe the dream but none of it was real.

They all knew what she sounded like before she came out.

Assuming she wasn't just miming already.

ELVIS
12-18-2009, 12:32 AM
I think this whole thing might be a scam...

VanHalener
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6YVDo3MJWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6YVDo3MJWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>...

-Righteous Clip-

Hardrock69
12-18-2009, 12:34 PM

:D

She was lip-synching.

One thing is for sure, as pointed out in the original post: The internet has made it possible for your average joe with no industry connections at all to make it to the big time.

GAR
12-19-2009, 02:37 AM

Agree!