PDA

View Full Version : Coming To Theaters In Summer, 2010 - PREDATORS

Hardrock69
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
The Matrix's 'Morpheus' will battle Predators | SCI FI Wire (http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/the-matrixs-morpheus-will.php)

The Matrix's 'Morpheus' will battle Predators

While visiting the Austin, Texas, set of the upcoming sci-fi movie Predators today, SCI FI Wire learned that Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix) has been added to the already impressive cast, which includes Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo.

Fisburne will play Noland, a character being compared to Yoda, who has used his Zen-like abilities to survive among the alien Predators on a deadly hunting planet.

Predators, which is now in production, is conceived of as a sequel of sorts to the original Arnold Schwarzenegger film, with the added "s" an homage to James Cameron's classic Alien sequel, Aliens. The story of Predators centers on a group of eight humans who wake up to find themselves being hunted for sport in the jungles of a strange planet.

Predators is being directed by Nimrod Antal (Armored) and is produced by Robert Rodriguez. The production shot in Hawaii for a few weeks and is now being completed at Rodriguez's Austin-based Troublemaker Studios.

Predators is currently slated for a summer 2010 release. Look for more news from the set of Predators soon!

VanHalener
12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/solo_matt25/outstanding.gif

I hope they do it right and don't cheese it up.

sadaist
12-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I remember Aliens vs Predator. The movie plot was Predators coming down, un-hibernating these aliens, and then hunting them for sport. However, an unfortunate group of humans conveniently fell into the middle of this. I began to wonder why did they even need to add these humans into it, then it struck me.

With no humans, we would have no dialogue. 2 hours of grunts, growls, & screeches. Unless Predators begin to speak in English.

Hardrock69
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/solo_matt25/outstanding.gif

I hope they do it right and don't cheese it up.

Yeah. Inactive Account movies suck. ;)

Terry
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
I remember Aliens vs Predator. The movie plot was Predators coming down, un-hibernating these aliens, and then hunting them for sport. However, an unfortunate group of humans conveniently fell into the middle of this. I began to wonder why did they even need to add these humans into it, then it struck me.

With no humans, we would have no dialogue. 2 hours of grunts, growls, & screeches. Unless Predators begin to speak in English.

Both of those A v P movies were a bit of a letdown; the PC vid games were far better.

This new Predator movie can have 2 dozen A-list actors in it, but unless something new and unique is attempted with the Predator concept, it's gonna be the same old song and dance.

Fuck it. I'll go see it anyway.

bueno bob
12-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Robert Rodriguez, Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo?

I'm already in line.

sadaist
12-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Robert Rodriguez, Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo?

I'm already in line.

Topher Grace is extremely under rated. Great actor. Would really like to see him in some higher profile stuff.

Hardrock69
12-19-2009, 05:53 PM

True! I mean, it is quite the change to watch some foreign film with subtitles, as at least you can relate to the humans,, as they are speaking a language.

Wouldn't be much fun watching something with nothing but screeching and yowling.

VanHalener
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah. Inactive Account movies suck. ;)

No doubt.

Kind of like this classic that tells the true story but never really got the air time.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/biXXh8XJHcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/biXXh8XJHcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:rockit2:

VanHalenFan5150
12-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm a huge Aliens/Predator fan. I'd love to go see a new movie from the franchise, a bomb or not.

POJO_Risin
12-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think it would be too hard to put together a movie on Predator-island that would be better than the first...

The problem/benefit is that there were all those shitty-ass sequels after it...and now the Predator-universe is mixed and meshed with Aliens...

That said...finding out about the Predators through the eyes of a guru could be incredibly interesting...considering everything we know about them is from second-hand guesses and some pictures on the wall...

POJO_Risin
12-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I wonder if they got Rodriguez attached just to make sure Trejo could be a part...;)...

They are like yin and yang...

Terry
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I wonder if they got Rodriguez attached just to make sure Trejo could be a part...;)...

Speaking of that pairing, the upcoming Machete is gonna blow this Predator flick out of the water.

bueno bob
12-21-2009, 04:43 AM

Does it matter?

Cinematic magic, my man...