PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious basterds

Hardrock69
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Picked up some SAG nominations.

Diane Krueger got nominated for best supporting actress.

As I was hoping, Christoph Waltz was nominated for best supporting actor.
He certainly deserves to win an Oscar, as he stole the fucking show in that film.

It came out on DVD Tuesday. Gonna pick it up this weekend and watch it again.

Kickass movie, IMHO.

bantonelli
12-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I love Quentin Tarantino and he has got that Intense factor in his movies!

High Life Man
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
You can get it for $12 at Target on Blu-Ray.

Great movie!

Hardrock69
01-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Just as I knew would happen.

Christoph Waltz got Best Supporting Actor in the Golden Globes tonight.

He is a shoe-in for an Oscar for that category.

hideyoursheep
01-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Christoph Waltz....

He is a shoe-in...

Bonjourno!

;)

THEDOCTOR
01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
he was like an evil Sherlock Holmes
I read that Tarantino wanted Adam Sandler for the Bear Jew

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I loved this movie. My wife and daughter loved it too. Very well done.

NATEDOG001976
01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
You can get it for $12 at Target on Blu-Ray.

Great movie!

Great movie. One of the Best looking Blu-Ray's to date!

Mr Badguy
01-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I enjoyed it.

Anyone familiar with "Once upon a time in the west" and other Sergio Leone films will notice a serious influence.

However, it is pure hokum.

Hardrock69
01-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Great entertainment, hokum or no.

Sure would have been nice if it were based on true events (the Nazi elite trapped in a theater). :D

Hardrock69
01-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Great entertainment, hokum or no.

Sure would have been nice if it were based on true events (the Nazi elite trapped in a theater). :D

Mr Badguy
01-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I`ll tell you what.

Brad Pitt looked like Brando in The Godfather.

Or was it just me?

Seshmeister
01-19-2010, 07:51 AM
I wasn't sure about Pitt in this, maybe the accent was too off putting.

Good fun but I couldn't help thinking that if he had changed it a bit he could have made it one of the greatest movies ever.

High Life Man
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Can't wait for the planned prequel. Wonder how Pitt got that neck scar.

Seshmeister
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
The problem with prequels is you know who isn't going to die.

hideyoursheep
01-21-2010, 06:00 AM
I wasn't sure about Pitt in this, maybe the accent was too off putting.

I agree with that...I wasn't happy with Pitt's character. He sounded and behaved more like an enlisted man than an officer. If he would have played the "scruffy sergeant" instead, the character would have been more authentic....even though the movie was not. That, and his accent was horrible. Had to have been all the hash he was smoking off camera.:hee:

Billy Bob Thornton would have been my choice...or someone with a more cultured, genuine Tennessee drawl.

As with all Tarantino flicks, most of the soundtrack is lifted right off of old movies and TV shows from the '70s. The placement and choice for Bowie's "Putting Out Fire" was perfect.

I give it 3-1/2 stars.

Hardrock69
01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
As expected, Christoph Waltz got the Best Supporting Actor award in the Screen Actors Guild awards.

Inglorious Basterds got the award for Best Ensemble Performance

'Inglourious Basterds' wins SAG film award - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100124/ap_en_ce/us_sag_awards)

For Bridges of "Crazy Heart," Bullock of "The Blind Side" and for SAG supporting-acting honorees Mo'Nique of "Precious" and Christoph Waltz of "Inglourious Basterds," there's reason to suspect the Oscar ceremony will be a happy rerun of Saturday's SAG Awards and last Sunday's Golden Globes.

All four were recognized at the Globes, as well, while "Avatar" was named best drama and Cameron won as best director.

He will face competition from director Quentin Tarantino, whose "Inglourious Basterds" won the SAG Award for best ensemble performance, which can be a precursor to the top Oscar award. Last year, SAG's movie cast award was presented to "Slumdog Millionaire," which went on to win the best picture Oscar.

"It was an honor to be part of it, Quentin," "Inglourious Basterds" cast member Eli Roth said in accepting the award for his fellow actors in the off-kilter World War II revenge saga.