PDA

View Full Version : In the "crazy news" department...

Susie Q
12-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I was reading my local news channels website this morning and came across this gem. :umm:

GOSHEN, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old man has been accused of having sex with horses at an upstate New York harness track.

Erick Rivera is charged with five counts each of sexual misconduct with an animal and burglary after an investigation at the Goshen Historic Track in Orange County.

Goshen Village Police Chief James Watt says Rivera sneaked into the track at night from his nearby rented room and abused the animals. Horsemen became suspicious starting in July when they found the standard breds bridled and immobilized in their stalls during morning checks.

Watt says Friday a surveillance camera recorded the unemployed Rivera in a barn.

He's being held in the county jail on $15,000 bail. Police say they don't know if he has a lawyer. The track is about 50 miles northwest of New York City.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Sensible Shoes
12-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Drunk Four Year Old Steals Christmas Presents | year, old, christmas - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery (http://www.newschannel9.com/news/year-987196-old-christmas.html)

A 4-year-old boy, beer in hand, is accused of stealing Christmas presents from his neighbors. It's a strange story, but also a sad one.

April Wright is 21 years old and is going through a divorce with her husband who is in jail. She says she is not sure how her 4-year-old managed to get out of the house, open a beer, and steal the neighbors presents from under their tree. Now she's just glad he's okay and says she won't let it happen again.

The child, Hayden Wright, was found around 1:45 am Tuesday, wandering the streets of his neighborhood. In a police reports, officers said he was wearing a little girl's dress and drinking a beer. The police report says the child had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

April Wright said, "Biggest concern was him being out there, getting kidnapped, getting run over, the alcohol, having to have his stomach pumped."

Wright says she woke up that night at 1:45 am and panicked when she found Hayden was gone. She says she put safety devices on all the doors so her kids couldn't get out, but Hayden was able to break the safety device off the doorknob and get outside.

Once out, Wright says her four year old followed his father's footsteps and was found on Blue Spruce Road, drinking.

"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office report says Hayden rang the doorbell a few houses down and the neighbor answered, finding the child holding a partially consumeed 12-ounce beer.

Wright said, "He got it out of my father's cooler in the back and how he got it open I don't understand because it was one of those tab beers."

But it doesn't stop there. The report said Hayden then snuck into a neighbor's house through an unlocked front door, and stole five wrapped Christmas gifts. One was a girl's brown dress which Hayden was wearing when police found him.

"Going to the neighbor's house and taking their presents, very embarrassing," said April.

She admits she was not just embarrassed, but scared, and rushed to the hospital that night with Hayden. She said she tries to be a good mother and loves her son, but now feels like a failure.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.

Wright did meet with child protective services today who told her she will get to keep custody of Hayden.

Anonymous
12-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Well, the mother looks like she actually means it... but apparently the father's influence is still strong on the kid.

At least she's smart enough to divorce the guy. How many women - or men, if it was the other way around - would keep the marriage going, in the hopes that their partner would change someday, thus fucking up the rest of the lives of everyone involved in it?

And yeah, it IS true that kids can easily escape your control, from time to time. So little wonder the little guy was able to do this.

Remember, he didn't simply escape the supervision of his mother... he opened a beer bottle, broke into the neighbours's house, opened their presents, put on a dress & walked around a while, with noone being the wiser.

However, if his mother IS trying to set things right, the kid's still young. There is much hope, yet.

Unless she gets back together with his dad, eventually.

Then she deserves everything bad that happens to her, and it will be the kid who'll suffer the most, as it's always the case, unfortunately.

Ok, this is turning into some sort of rant... best of luck to that woman & the kid.

Cheers! :bottle:

ace diamond
12-19-2009, 12:24 PM
i had my first beer when i was 4.
my uncle gave it too me.

and we all know how fucked up i turned out to be.

Nickdfresh
12-19-2009, 12:33 PM
i had my first beer when i was 4.
my uncle gave it too me.

and we all know how fucked up i turned out to be.

He should have given you nice glass of isopropyl rubbing alcohol instead (and nobody cares)...

ace diamond
12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
He should have given you nice glass of isopropyl rubbing alcohol instead (and nobody cares)...
nick, i was mentioning this to make a point about the long term effects
of getting a 4 year old drunk.
also, kids don't pay attention to what you say.
the watch what you do, and then follow suit.
this is why actions speak louder than words.
leading by example.

and my uncle did get me drunk at 4 years old.

family holiday party. sometime in december 1981.
my uncle goes to the icebox to grab himself a budweiser, looks at me sitting there dejected and bored out of my mind,
and he grab another beer and to me, "hey, you want a beer?"
not knowing any better, i said "sure".
so he opens a budweiser bottle and hands it to me and says,
"here, have a beer then. you're old enough."

that was the first time i ever got drunk.
i discover pot by way of one of the neighbors about 6 or 7 months later,
in the summer of 1982.

well, i only quit smoking pot a few months ago.
as for my drinking, well, seperate issue.
i still drink.
i just don't drink very much.

i've learned to cut way down, and to limit myself.
i know how much i can handle.
when i get to that point, i cut myself off.
and i seldom even ever go that far anymore.

nowadays, 2 or 3 beers, and i stop.
i know if i go past that, i'm gonna get myself into trouble.

and let's face it, i'm 32, i'm too old for that shit.
i had enough of drinking myself into oblivion, blacking out,
and getting into way too much trouble.
prison wasn't pleasant, and i do not care to go there again.
i wound up in jail because i got blindly drunk, and
did something really stupid and i earned myself some jail time.
after jail i did 3 years probation.
that was in my 20's.
i don't need that shit anymore.

i learned my lesson.

kwame k
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
..was that the uncle who raped you or the uncle who nurtured you?

Nickdfresh
12-19-2009, 02:53 PM
nick, i was mentioning this to make a point about the long term effects
of getting a 4 year old drunk.

i learned my lesson.

Piss off. You're a needy attention ass who lies every other post. Incidentally, I got drunk my first time around six years old after discovering the keg of "(soda) pop" early one Sunday morning after a party. My parents stupidly decided to take me to church where I have a memory of being extremely woozy and tired. It's not a crutch, nor is it a big deal.

Man the fuck up, fatso, and stop plodding through this place in search of suckers to pay attention to your needy troll-ramblings that no one but you finds funny...

ace diamond
12-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Piss off. You're a needy attention ass who lies every other post. Incidentally, I got drunk my first time around six years old after discovering the keg of "(soda) pop" early one Sunday morning after a party. My parents stupidly decided to take me to church were I have a memory of being extremely woozy and tired. It's not a crutch, nor is it a big deal.

Man the fuck up, fatso, and stop plodding through this place in search of suckers to pay attention to your needy troll-ramblings that no one but you finds funny...
go fuck yourself.:fufu:

Nickdfresh
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
go fuck yourself.:fufu:

I say the same to you, but I'm afraid you'd get AIDS, and you're already blind enough. :)