PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing: James Cameron's AVATAR

GAR
12-20-2009, 02:31 AM
I just got back from sneaking in at the movies.. Lefty and I were in dispute over who's actually wearing the pants in this relationship so I stepped out to go see a movie and chill out. Before I return and poke her eyeballs out with my thumbnails..

But even before that, I asked how much was the ticket "ten fifty" what? Almost eleven bucks, for a matinee?

Is that for the 3D one, you got both versions here - "no actually, the non-3d print is showing in the SMALLER screen and it's $13.75"

I think that she took my query to mean my intent to pay. So after I passed the ticket counter, I walked past the double-doors someone came out of but didn't latch completely closed and I snuck in. There's my intent..

(they're wise to this shit btw now, they staff a Zitfaced zombie further in by the popcorn to tear your fuckin' ticket.. you get past this goof by asking "which way is the Men's?)

Alrighty. This AVATAR is a science-fiction destravaganza on a muppet's eye view in proportion to what you'd expect from the trailers you may have seen.

Some of the CGI is pretty cool, however 3D gogglevision induces anxiety and tremors of delerium throughout my entire musculature, so to avoid giving the cleanup people's condending with a bloodbath at film's end (and because the non-3D print had just started unlike the 3D just ending) I chose to find my quite vast seating inside the non-3D screening.

And like Yahoo Movies reviewed quite accurately, the script is bad but the fancy cartoon characters are good.

I knew this going in, however what I wasn't prepared for was Blue People's Planet to be inhabited by the Blue NAKED people of the planet.

That's right, the women are topless and most of the time it's veiled nudity: loincloths, hair-upon-nipples (if you're ever in the UK there's a great coffee-danish place there btw) and G-string ladies all over the place.

The Blue Nakeds live in this big tree. There is a Spirit in the tree, and they worship it. However, there's a huge deposit of radioactive shit underneath it called Givvashittium that the White Man wants to take away from this amalgamated tribe of Earth's Colonial-days' "victims" such as north American natives, Zulus, Polynesians, and Maori among others.

In fact, the director James Cameron hired a linguist to "invent" a language based on this amalgamation.

So what you see basically if you go, is a bunch of loinclothed eco-Hippie tree-hugging Pagans who worship Mother Nature, ride flying lizards and 6-legged anteater/horses and Hammerheaded LandsharkRHINO's who live in a forest.

It would have made my day, and made the film complete, to see them drop acid and get up there on the branches and jam like they were attending Woodstock. At least that's the only thing left unconveyed by James Cameron. Dumbass..

Now, this Givvashittium element in the Blue's ground, it makes rocks and things levitate. Like how magnets repel, this stuff has marketable properties for industry and the BCE which you've heard FORD talk about so much here, they go in with the Marines to kill everybody and take this virtual-reality "gold" by inducing Marine Field Guides to sleep. In this dreamstate, they animate a Bluelike body and then get these "silly Indians" to trust them, and learn of their ways.. all the while scouting around looking for signs of Givvashittium deposits in and around the area.

I won't give further than the basic premise, however, there's a big confrontation: the Marine shags one of the Blue Nakeds, and a compromised mission ensues further chaos of will.

Formulaic. Heavy-handed CGI vested to the personal tailorings of Spaghetti Western schooldays' recollections, spending his 1950's schoolboy weekends in front of the black n white TV tugging on his heartstrings.

Go see this thing if you wish to boast of having seen "the most expensive movie of ALL TIME" but if you don't give a shit, you aren't missing anything is my advice.

I mean, the Spiderman movies, they were packed for weeks n weeks. This thing has JUST come out 24 hours ago, and the 5oclock matinee was about 40% capacity I'd say.

Not a good sign for a 200 / 250 / 300 / 500 million dollar flick. I doubt you'll hear more about it a month from now.

I guess the Rotten Tomatoe bulletpoint #1 would be: fuckin' DUHH, hey Cameron nobody's taking their kids to see NAKEDS. They get that shit on the indernet, when you and your wife are not looking and you know that, so why pay for it?

Point #2, was the language. I counted a few Goddamns, and Holy Shits. Now, while neither invective is found in the Old or New Testaments in the Bible - ordinary churchgoing people won't be found foisting their families in front of the movie screens listening to the Word of the Street. I didn't like it, you may not like it, too.

Point #3, was some of the violence. One effort was made to avoid this I applaud: the BlueSHAG chick slices a dog's throat, and the camera angle turns to the Marine avatar's face instead of showing the animal's death. BUT the director has no problem at all with people getting stabbed, shot, bloodsplatters, and in one poignantly graphical scene a BlueNAKED impalement with a treebranch thru the midsection.

I read somewhere in online reviews this was intended to have some kind of sequel, but it was whittled down and trust me it shows.

In summary I want to throw out some tags to equate the balance of my Escape Into Town from an authoritarian-drunk woman who's going to be single after the holidays: Eco-driven, Colonial-era guilting with a dose of Wiccan paganism thrown in for good measure!

Shaun Ponsonby
12-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I think it looks like a shitty movie that uses special effects to carry it anyway.

I hate that kind of film.

Terry
12-20-2009, 11:35 AM
When all the media can talk about are the cost of the film and the special effects, well, that doesn't really infer that the story (the one crucial element needed to make a decent film - you can have all the star power / great actors combined with the biggest budget and best effects, but with an average story you're still usually only gonna get an average film) was anything that great.

None of the trailers I've seen have induced me to go see it.

Same goes for the Sherlock Holmes flick. That thing looks like it's gonna suck. Unless McAdams is gonna show her vag, I'm passing on that, too.

lesfunk
12-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I heard it described as "The Longest, Loudest, Most Expensive Commercial for a Video Game ever made"
No thanks. I'll Pass

Hummarstra
12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I saw it in 3D. I agree the script was weak and had some eye-rolling stupid lines. My biggest disappointment was with the performance of the lead actor, Worthington. Why did Cameron cast this guy? He can't act Worth a shit, imo. He's boring as fuck and has no emotional range as an actor. He ruined it for me.

The story is an old one: It's the white man wanting to push the Indians off the land so whitey can exploit it. But, one of the whities falls in love with an Indian girl, meets the clan, discovers that they are innately good and then switches teams and fights back at whitey.

Oh, and Cameron rips off Star Wars with a near dead-on description of the Force - the energy field that is every where that the blue people can tap into. Thats a bad paraphrase, but get the point.

Hummarstra
12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I forgot to add that the music SUCKED. Every time they showed the blue people this cheesy African music came on. Straight out of the Lion King. I HATED THAT. The rest of the score just didn't add to the movie either.

ace diamond
12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I heard it described as "The Longest, Loudest, Most Expensive Commercial for a Video Game ever made"
No thanks. I'll Pass
file this one away with that 2 1/2 hours tom hanks fed ex commercial.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I saw it in 3D.

Is it worth watching it in 3D at least? I love 3D movies, I've seen every one at the Imax. So that alone makes me want to see it, regardless if the story is stupid. The Critics all love it! I don't listen to them because they all ragged on "Harlem Nights", and I think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Gar mentions the aliens are naked, is that true? I've tried to find a "rating" on this movie, but I can't. Not sure if I should take my 9 year old, or not.

Kristy
12-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Cameron said he's been working on this movie since 1994 which gave him, what, about 12-14 years to develop a decent script? I've seen this movie and apart from saying the cliche tactic that this is 2 and 41 minutes of my life I'll never get back it's more or less one giant political statement: instead of a county it's a distant planet (or moon) that has a "vital resource" for energy consumption and soon become occupied by an "invading force." Why, that's so original of you, Cameron!

The plot? Eh, was here one? Really? A paralyzed Marine makes good with the enemy (so-to-speak) in his avatar form (who is more or less a Hanoi Jane or Jack depending upon how you look upon it) and the film spirals into a liberal anti-war, pro-environment stance which is all well and good until, again, you realize Cameron can't write fucking script to save his life.

Kristy
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Is it worth watching it in 3D at least?

Actually, the technology in this film is superior. So superior in fact it itself becomes the true star of this mundane Cameron epic.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Actually, the technology in this film is superior. So superior in fact it itself becomes the true star of this mundane Cameron epic.

Too bad I stopped dropping acid in 1993, because this movie would be perfect to trip on. :biggrin: Hell, I remember going on an acid trip and watching Jaws in 3D, 4 times in a row. :umm:

Nitro Express
12-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Special effect technology has surpassed hollywood's ability to write good material. Much like how our weapons technology has surpassed our ethical ability to have such.

Nitro Express
12-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm getting tired of all this 2012, UFO, allien shit. If I want that I will just tune into Coast to Coast AM at night.

Candy Girl
12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I think it looks like a shitty movie that uses special effects to carry it anyway.

I hate that kind of film.

I agree, that's why I prefer the older movies before the flash/bang special effects ones came along. Then the movie was carried by people who could actually "act".

Candy Girl
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh and Gar, you're a dipshit. To sneak in to a movie and complain about it, unbelieveable. :fufu:

Hummarstra
12-21-2009, 01:30 AM
The plot? Eh, was here one? Really? A paralyzed Marine makes good with the enemy (so-to-speak) in his avatar form (who is more or less a Hanoi Jane or Jack depending upon how you look upon it) and the film spirals into a liberal anti-war, pro-environment stance which is all well and good until, again, you realize Cameron can't write fucking script to save his life.
You're so right. I forgot that one of the lines was "We will fight terror with terror." I cringed when I heard that.

We must however give props to the CGI work. It was extraordinary, but, that alone does not make a good 2:45 movie.

Hummarstra
12-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Is it worth watching it in 3D at least? .
They didn't play around with the 3D stuff AT ALL. I can't remember one intentional poke-in-the-eye moment. It was as if Cameron had forgotten that is was gonna also be in 3D. To me it became a distraction anyway.

bueno bob
12-21-2009, 04:40 AM
Oh and Gar, you're a dipshit. To sneak in to a movie and complain about it, unbelieveable. :fufu:

Well, some Mexican stole his job. Sneaking into movies is the only way he can go anymore.

Must be Obama's fault.

bueno bob
12-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Myself, I dunno yet...maybe I'll see it in the theater for the effects experience. That would certainly be the only reason. Every (honest) review says the effects are the star of the vehicle, and after that it's just "Dancing With Thundersmurfs".

GAR
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM

To charge almost 11 bucks for a matinee of this - is fair?

And then have it suck, with all the halfnakeds running rampant.. unnecessary.

Gospurs, you and the chick might enjoy it but don't take the kid. Beyond the undressed, the story will bore the kid.

It is Dancing With Wolves: Vulcan Edition-level boring if there were such a thing.

GAR
12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Special effect technology has surpassed hollywood's ability to write good material.

Hey if it's virtual-reality nudity, it's not really nakeds I've rubbed one out on in the theater now is it?

I actually didn't finish this film. I was making too much noise whacking off - first the big fat black guy sitting next to me kept checking on my progress, then got up I SUPPOSE in a different seat to go rub one out himself up in the back of the theater.

Then a halfhour later I'm still going for it, and this couple was muttering some bullshit about a selfish asshole ruining it for them.. I didn't pay much attention but then these zitfaced ushers came in like 4 of them with flashlights looking for someone - and that was it for me.

I wasn't going to take this kind of disturbance to one my epic masturbations: people getting up past me time and again, theater employees flashing around a dark theater with lights and shouting "what was he wearing" stuff like that.

Well, by that time I was totally distracted from the film and who could blame me? Noone should have to put up with that now, should they? So I picked up a ticket stub off the floor and got a refund from the box office, complaining about them.

But before I walked off with my $11 bucks the ticket booth gal warned me they were looking for some flasher pervert but couldn't find him.

How awful. People these days have absolutely no morality whatsoever.

ZahZoo
12-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I actually didn't finish this film.

It's hard to finish something that you never started in the first place... googling a movie review is not the same as seeing it.

I wasn't going to take this kind of disturbance to one my epic masturbations:

Mental masterbation requires concentration... yes, it's difficult to concentrate when the library is announcing it's time to close for the night.

How awful. People these days have absolutely no morality whatsoever.

Easy to acknowledge as the leader of the pack... coward.

GAR
12-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Zah needs his Fleshlight!

Nickdfresh
12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
What's a "fleshlight?"

kwame k
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Ever notice how when the little fella isn't getting the responses or attention he so desperately craves, he starts embellishing the lie to make it more offensive.

jhale667
12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
What's a "fleshlight?"

Apparently it's the "Pocket-pussy" for the new millennium. GAR's named his favorite one "Lefty". :hee:

Nickdfresh
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Except GAR inserts it into his rectum...

kwame k
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Too much info there, Nick:beers8:

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree, that's why I prefer the older movies before the flash/bang special effects ones came along. Then the movie was carried by people who could actually "act".

i love old black and white moviies from the 20's-50's.
horror films and creature features especially.
some of the sci-fi films of that era were pretty fucking good to.
i like sci fi up until the 90's, because that is when it all became just a shitload of horrible remakes, and good original sci-fi material died.
what special effects they did have were very few.
the shit they managed to pull off was amazing.
i'll cite the original king kong from 1933 as a prime example of this.
silent or talkies.
makes no difference,
black and white films from back then are to me far superior to a majority of the shit that has been coming out in the past 20 years or so.

hollywood lost it's brains and it's balls.
original and innovative ideas died at the end of the 1980's when the film companies and record companies discovered that they could make massive profits from rap and bubblegum teenybopper and by remaking old movies and ruining the with the supposed "superior modern technology".
they found that making unheard of amounts of money by just everyone put out the same crap over and over and over because folks have short attention span and will think and believe that everything is great because the media says so.
the whole mindless drone syndrome.

nobody wants to take a fucking risk.
the industry is over-populated by a bunch of bloated shit bags who are both gutless and spineless greedy ass-kissing fuckstumps.

technology and greed has prettty much killed off anything worth a damn.

nowadays if it ain't the technology they are bragging about, then the last resort, which is used more than anything, is going straight for the crotch.
sex never fails to sell.
therefore, look for this factor to be the only thing left when even the technology has worn itself out.
by then it won't really matter.

kwame k
12-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Totally agree, Ace.
The best thing coming out of Hollyweird in the late 90's and on was the Independent Movement and like everything else, once Hollyweird saw it could make a buck off of it and out of work Actors saw a way to resurrect their stalled career, it became just like mainstream Hollyweird. Boring!

ace diamond
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Totally agree, Ace.
The best thing coming out of Hollyweird in the late 90's and on was the Independent Movement and like everything else, once Hollyweird saw it could make a buck off of it and out of work Actors saw a way to resurrect their stalled career, it became just like mainstream Hollyweird. Boring!

yup.
the train left that old joke on the platform a long time ago.
it quit being fun or funny for me about 15 or 20 years ago.

Hardrock69
12-24-2009, 10:42 PM
One of the best sci-fi films ever made in history was the original War Of The Worlds.

I will go see this in 3D just to check out the state-of-the-art CGI.
Too bad the story is lame. But once it comes out on DVD it won't be available in 3D, so I will have to check it out in the theater. What the hell, I have the next 12 days off from work...gotta find something to do.

Seshmeister
12-25-2009, 12:26 AM
It will be interesting to see if this makes money.

I haven't seen it but a big part of me feels I should, even though I know it's probably a 5/10 film.

This is what it is all about now, insane marketing.

You make sure that people go to the film so that they can then say that they didn't think it was that good. A film like this is an event, if you don't go even though you are pretty sure it's not going to have a great story, then you will have to be outside the culture for a week or two whilst everyone else at work or in the playground talks about it.

Nitro Express
12-25-2009, 04:53 AM
My brother in law said it's Dances with Wolf's on an acid trip.

Nitro Express
12-25-2009, 04:58 AM
Whenever you ask anyone now how was the movie? They just respond,"The effects were fantastic!" Good effects are a nice bonus but acting and writing are the meat of a movie.

I'm also tired of the obvious marketing in motion pictures. If they were as concerned with script writing as they are with getting paid to have various products and logos preset in the films, they might actually make good movies.

GAR
12-25-2009, 05:33 AM
It's hard to finish something that you never started in the first place... masterbation requires concentration... yes, it's difficult to concentrate when ...

- you've got some pervert flasher running around in the theater while you're trying to rub one out.

That was a scary thought. Suppose that flasher guy came up on me while I still have my hands full? Disgusting what people do these days - no consideration for other people just their own selfish little selves.

GAR
12-25-2009, 05:36 AM

Titanic was the same way! And it had a fullblown porn scene in THAT one too..

They were saying "200 mil, most expensive movie made it'll never make any money back" and then it really did make the money.. but that movie had a real writer.

This movie has a Director writing the screenplay. . wrong move! Do not take kids to this flick..

Shaun Ponsonby
12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
I imagine it will be one of those "important" films in terms of technological advancement, though. Kinda like "Tron"...was shit but was an important stepping stone.

But, you know...call me when they find a decent use of the technology rather than technology for technology's sake.

Seshmeister
12-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Titanic was the same way! And it had a fullblown porn scene in THAT one too..

You are getting very puritanical in your old age.

Have you a placard to wave saying 'Will someone please think of the children'? :)

Coyote
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
My brother in law said it's Dances with Wolf's on an acid trip.

My interest in this movie remains unaffected.

Now, where's my Blade Runner DVD?

bantonelli
12-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Celebrity Video | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=f05e29e9-9294-4472-8649-d84a40f5864c)

twonabomber
12-27-2009, 03:57 PM
two movie review threads and now he's fuckin' Gar Shalit.

Terry
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM

I haven't seen it but a big part of me feels I should, even though I know it's probably a 5/10 film.

This is what it is all about now, insane marketing.

You make sure that people go to the film so that they can then say that they didn't think it was that good. A film like this is an event, if you don't go even though you are pretty sure it's not going to have a great story, then you will have to be outside the culture for a week or two whilst everyone else at work or in the playground talks about it.

All of which is true, but the older I get, the less I care about being on the outside of the cutting edge of pop culture.

Hardrock69
12-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Naturally I would hope the story would hold up, but aside from that, I always want to see what the cutting edge of 3D theatrical films are going to look like.

GAR
12-28-2009, 07:06 AM
two movie review threads and now he's fuckin' Gar Shalit.

Well we don't see Grimes doing reviews anymore so someone has to do it?

What do we have to do here, mod him so he gets back to posting again?

ZahZoo
12-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Saw the film yesterday... overall... enjoyed it.

The overall story-line was predictable and the morality aspects played as expected. Definately not some sort of ground breaking literary offering... but then again you rarely see that in an action film of this type. Plus you should know better than to expect it from an action film. Same with the acting... I don't expect Oscar performances nor that level of actors/acting from an action/sci-fi film

I expected the length of the film to have portions that drug on far too long. I was suprised though that I didn't end up bored or hoping for it to move along. Although the story line was more or less simplistic... where it does excell is in going into depths of the characters and interplay that most action films quickly gloss over so as to move along to blowing shit up. Even with the length... the story line stays in tact and flows well from beginning to end. Rare for this type of film...

The effects were very well done and probably one of the best films I've seen at merging animation/CGI with real physical elements that came off relatively seemless and not too cartoonish. Most of it came together real well... a few scenes didn't but it's better than most I've seen.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I think it was entertaining overall... the hype on the effects is well earned. Go into it with a mindset that you are watching a combo sci-fi, adventure, action, animation film and you should enjoy it. If you are looking for ground-breaking acting and literary content then this movie ain't for you...

Hardrock69
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Just saw it.

It is the most unique film I have ever seen.

Sure the theme is not new, but people seem to pick out what they think the morality play is. It's pro-environmental (it is), it's anti-corporate (it is), it's about terrorism (yes but the terrorists are the humans not the inhabitants of the planet).

One thing everyone overlooks. It is not about any ideas listed above that are on a such a small scale.

You have to look at the big picture.

It is about the tragedy of the destruction of a peaceful people in the name of greed and the almighty dollar.

It is about one culture's struggle to survive when another culture invades with superior technology. One can easily see parallels between this story and the story of any indigenous people when confronted by asshole White People.
Native Americans, Chinese, people of India, Africa, etc.

I was and am entirely sympathetic to the plight of the indigenous beings on that planet.

IF alien beings were to invade our planet to rob us of all our natural resources due to some inter-galactic corporation's desire to plunder, would not all of you attempt to preserve our way of life by fighting back? Even if the odds were against us?

I know I would.

Enough about the message.

I was blown away by this film.

Anyone who is disappointed in this movie must have gone into the theater expecting the clouds in the sky to part, and the hand of God to break through the roof of the theater to give them a hand job.

And THAT ain't gonna happen.

I give it 20 out of 10 for the visuals, 7 out of ten for originality (anyone remember the Ewoks on the planet Endor?) and a 9 out of 10 overall.

The visuals are truly stunning. Not so much for the 3-D effect. But simply the stuff James Cameron and his team came up with for the indigenous biology of the planet. The animal life, the plant life and the appearance of same. The complete culture, and it's integration into the ecosystem of that particular planet is an work of incredible depth.

And yes, the integration of live action and CGI was seamless. As real as it can get.
The 3-D technology only heightened the experience.

The story may not be original enough to win any kind of award, but the damn movie should win something just for the achievement of it.

Was it worth $400 million dollars?

HELL YES! AND IT SHOWS.

My 2 zoolags worth.

GAR
12-31-2009, 05:00 AM
.. so they're saying it cost 400 mil now?

They started at twofifty..

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Went to see it last night and expect to see George Lucas come out of retirement, because Cameron just stomped his ass in the special effects department. If you have the extra money, see this movie in the 3D format. It was a visual feast, what a shame the story could not have been stronger. It was down right cheesy in some segments, but the CGI more than made up for the weak story.

Hardrock69
12-31-2009, 11:37 PM
I would venture to say the story may have been the weakest link, but that is not really saying much. It was at least good enough to make a movie with.

BY THE WAY....the previews in 3D were pretty interesting. The remake of Clash Of The Titans is going to be out March 26th, and it looks like it will be pretty cool.

What I want is for the movie studios to get some of the greatest films of all time and release them theatrically in 3D. Us humans will not have 3D television in our homes for a long time, and the technology already exists to convert standard 2D films into 3D. I would dig seeing Star Wars in 3D. Or The Matrix. Or LORD OF THE RINGS. Or The Dirtiest Of Barbara Dare. :D

GAR
01-01-2010, 05:18 AM
the technology already exists to convert standard 2D films into 3D.

No it doesn't, you cannot convert the monovisual input to a stereo perspective or it would have been done a long time ago.

You need 2 cameras at all times, or as such in the digital realm you can do a separation from the single-input by doing a dual-output shift.

That's why it can always be done in CGI far easier and less expensive than live action. It's unlike "remixing" a multitrack recording mixed down to mono, into stereo.. the muliple tracks already existed.

In prexisting single-input video, you only have single perspective. Dual perspective requires dual lenses bivisually filming at all times, so until you can go back in time and change shit the technology doesn't exist - quit making shit up.

/owned.

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 05:11 PM
You are once again, owning your fucking self, dumbass. :tongue0011:

Here...this is a SIMPLE version of it....note the press release date...2007:

Mitsubishi’s new Blu-ray converts your movies into 3D (http://www.physorg.com/news107524597.html)

Here is a method to watch 2-D movies in 3-D for under fifty fucking dollars, dumbass:

How to convert 2d videos into 3d - An easy, inexpensive technique | Bukisa.com (http://www.bukisa.com/articles/34245_how-to-convert-2d-videos-into-3d-an-easy-inexpensive-technique)

And lastly, go to Wikipedia's page on 3-D and scroll down, where you will find the following:

In June 2006, IMAX and Warner Brothers released Superman Returns including 20 minutes of 3-D images converted from the 2-D original digital footage. George Lucas has announced that he may re-release his Star Wars films in 3-D based on a conversion process from the company In-Three.

You are a fucking moron, Garfuckle. But that is ok. Your role here at Roth Army is to be the retarded mascot for the rest of us to kick around. :biggrin:

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Here...if you even actually understood what Google is for, you could have found the following (which I found in 30 seconds):

Big Japanese brands readying 3-D flat-screen TVs (Update) (http://www.physorg.com/news174034515.html)

Toshiba Corp. also introduced a new TV, slated to go on sale later this year in Japan for about $11,000, that includes a high-tech chip it developed together Sony and IBM Corp.

The 'Cell' chip, which is also used in Sony's PlayStation 3, allows the TV to show and record eight channels at the same time. A prototype, due for release sometime after next year, can convert standard images to 3-D images for viewing with glasses.

Here is a page with a bunch of info on general 3-D technology from just the past 6 months:

3D on I4U News (http://www.i4u.com/hot/3D-1.html)

Here is more detailed info on George Lucas's partnering wityh In-Three. Note the date, March 16, 2005.

George Lucas Presents In-Three?s Dimensionalized? 3D Movies at ShoWest (http://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr.aspx?newsID=232)

Las Vegas, NV—Mar 16, 2005 George Lucas Presents In-Three’s Dimensionalized™ 3D Movies at ShoWest
T

he exciting highlight of this year’s ShoWest will be the first public display of Dimensionalized™ 3D feature motion pictures converted to 3D by In-Three, Inc. of Agoura Hills, CA. In-Three’s proprietary patented process converts any 2D feature motion picture into truly realistic 3D unlike anything ever seen before. The event will be in a program during Showest held on Thursday, March 17, at 2pm and 3pm hosted by Texas Instruments.

George Lucas will be introducing In-Three’s segment of the program, which will be featuring Dimensionalized™ 3D clips from Star Wars Episode II-Attack of the Clones, along with 3D clips from other blockbuster movies from Paramount and Disney. The highlight of the presentation will be the screening of the first 6 minutes from the original Star Wars (Episode IV) in Dimensionalized™ 3D.

“When I first saw In-Three’s Dimensionalization process I was truly amazed. The 3D was of a quality better than anything I had previously experienced. Seeing my own Star Wars images in authentic 3D convinced me that it would be a whole new way for audiences to be able to re-live the Star Wars films.
Dimensionalization will significantly enhance the realism of any movie presented in this process.” – George Lucas

"The first time I saw In-Three’s work over a year ago all of us at LucasFilm were totally “Wow’d”. We sat there in amazement seeing our own familiar scenes in 3D. I was truly stunned that these guys actually developed a technology that can produce such high quality 3D pictures. The realism that they were able to create was unlike anything I’d ever seen. In-Three has developed an entirely new post production technology. With In-Three’s 3D process film makers no longer have to concern themselves with the complexity, uncertainties, and expense of shooting with dual cameras. Believe me, we have seen a lot of 3D, but In-Three’s is the only one that delivers. We’re sold." – Rick McCallum, Producer of Star Wars The presentation will also include a testimonial from Peter Jackson.

Randall Kleiser, Director, will also be at the event screening a Dimensionalized™ 3D clip from his movie “Grease”.

"After shooting in 70mm 3D for Disneyland's "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", I know how complicated this format can be. With In-Three's technique, completely convincing depth is created from any two-dimensional film. George Lucas showed me In-Three's work at I.L.M.. Seeing Star Wars in 3D was amazing enough, but when I saw John Travolta singing "Greased Lightning" in 3D I was blown away. It was just like being back on the set. I know every fan in the world would come back to the theater again to see a complete 3D version. The possibilities are mind-boggling." - Randall Kleiser, Director of “Grease”

ShoWest attendees will be amazed to see Digital Cinema 3D that is available today using a single Digital Cinema projector being fed by one QuVis dual-stream Digital Cinema server using its standard theatre matte screen. All that is required to show compelling 3D movies is to add In-Three’s lightweight wireless glasses and an inexpensive cleaning unit. Theatre owners will be pleasantly surprised to discover the low cost of 3D Digital Cinema. Theatre owners will discover that they can now offer for the first time, a compelling 3D experience only available in the cinema and not in the home.

In-Three has demonstrated its process and has completed many tests with the major studios and key film makers including George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, Peter Jackson, James Cameron, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Tom Cruise, Randal Kleiser, and many others. There is exciting first run major feature content currently being Dimensionalized™ at In-Three for theatrical release in Digital 3D Cinemas within a year.

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Here...if you even actually understood what Google is for, you could have found the following (which I found in 30 seconds):

Big Japanese brands readying 3-D flat-screen TVs (Update) (http://www.physorg.com/news174034515.html)

Toshiba Corp. also introduced a new TV, slated to go on sale later this year in Japan for about $11,000, that includes a high-tech chip it developed together Sony and IBM Corp.

The 'Cell' chip, which is also used in Sony's PlayStation 3, allows the TV to show and record eight channels at the same time. A prototype, due for release sometime after next year, can convert standard images to 3-D images for viewing with glasses.

Here is a page with a bunch of info on general 3-D technology from just the past 6 months:

3D on I4U News (http://www.i4u.com/hot/3D-1.html)

Here is more detailed info on George Lucas's partnering wityh In-Three. Note the date, March 16, 2005.

George Lucas Presents In-Three?s Dimensionalized? 3D Movies at ShoWest (http://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr.aspx?newsID=232)

Las Vegas, NV—Mar 16, 2005 George Lucas Presents In-Three’s Dimensionalized™ 3D Movies at ShoWest
T

he exciting highlight of this year’s ShoWest will be the first public display of Dimensionalized™ 3D feature motion pictures converted to 3D by In-Three, Inc. of Agoura Hills, CA. In-Three’s proprietary patented process converts any 2D feature motion picture into truly realistic 3D unlike anything ever seen before. The event will be in a program during Showest held on Thursday, March 17, at 2pm and 3pm hosted by Texas Instruments.

George Lucas will be introducing In-Three’s segment of the program, which will be featuring Dimensionalized™ 3D clips from Star Wars Episode II-Attack of the Clones, along with 3D clips from other blockbuster movies from Paramount and Disney. The highlight of the presentation will be the screening of the first 6 minutes from the original Star Wars (Episode IV) in Dimensionalized™ 3D.

“When I first saw In-Three’s Dimensionalization process I was truly amazed. The 3D was of a quality better than anything I had previously experienced. Seeing my own Star Wars images in authentic 3D convinced me that it would be a whole new way for audiences to be able to re-live the Star Wars films.
Dimensionalization will significantly enhance the realism of any movie presented in this process.” – George Lucas

"The first time I saw In-Three’s work over a year ago all of us at LucasFilm were totally “Wow’d”. We sat there in amazement seeing our own familiar scenes in 3D. I was truly stunned that these guys actually developed a technology that can produce such high quality 3D pictures. The realism that they were able to create was unlike anything I’d ever seen. In-Three has developed an entirely new post production technology. With In-Three’s 3D process film makers no longer have to concern themselves with the complexity, uncertainties, and expense of shooting with dual cameras. Believe me, we have seen a lot of 3D, but In-Three’s is the only one that delivers. We’re sold." – Rick McCallum, Producer of Star Wars The presentation will also include a testimonial from Peter Jackson.

Randall Kleiser, Director, will also be at the event screening a Dimensionalized™ 3D clip from his movie “Grease”.

"After shooting in 70mm 3D for Disneyland's "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", I know how complicated this format can be. With In-Three's technique, completely convincing depth is created from any two-dimensional film. George Lucas showed me In-Three's work at I.L.M.. Seeing Star Wars in 3D was amazing enough, but when I saw John Travolta singing "Greased Lightning" in 3D I was blown away. It was just like being back on the set. I know every fan in the world would come back to the theater again to see a complete 3D version. The possibilities are mind-boggling." - Randall Kleiser, Director of “Grease”

ShoWest attendees will be amazed to see Digital Cinema 3D that is available today using a single Digital Cinema projector being fed by one QuVis dual-stream Digital Cinema server using its standard theatre matte screen. All that is required to show compelling 3D movies is to add In-Three’s lightweight wireless glasses and an inexpensive cleaning unit. Theatre owners will be pleasantly surprised to discover the low cost of 3D Digital Cinema. Theatre owners will discover that they can now offer for the first time, a compelling 3D experience only available in the cinema and not in the home.

In-Three has demonstrated its process and has completed many tests with the major studios and key film makers including George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, Peter Jackson, James Cameron, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Tom Cruise, Randal Kleiser, and many others. There is exciting first run major feature content currently being Dimensionalized™ at In-Three for theatrical release in Digital 3D Cinemas within a year.

Here...a press release from 3 weeks ago on Dec. 7, 2009:

2D films to 3D: Rel MediaWorks partners In-Three: Rediff.com Business (http://business.rediff.com/report/2009/dec/07/-reliance-two-d-films-to-3-d-rel-mediaworks-partners-in-three.htm)

Anil Ambani Group company Reliance MediaWorks said on Monday it has partnered with US-based In-Three to convert films and videos into the three-dimensional format, to cater the growing demand for such movies globally.

The strategic alliance between the two companies would address the rapidly growing demand of Hollywood studios for converting both new films shot in 2D as well as older film released in cinemas and on home platforms into the 3D format, Reliance MediaWorks said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.

The partnership is expected to be able to cater 15-25 feature films projects per year and work on the first joint title will commence in the beginning of 2010, it added.

"In order to meet the full slate of films and that In-Three has lined up for 2010 and beyond, we sought out the best possible international partner. One that could provide the level of quality our studio clients expect which made Reliance MediaWorks the natural choice for us," In-Three CEO Neil Feldman said. The number of 3D cinema screens worldwide will rise to over 7,000 this year and 15,000 by 2013, the filing said. The number of such screens was 2,500 in 2008.

"This partnership is a joint effort that combines the best in technology and artistic talent from Hollywood with the most advanced skills and large scale image processing capabilities in India," Reliance MediaWorks CEO Anil Arjun said.

In-Three converts ordinary 2D (flat) motion pictures into high quality 3D (stereo) pictures. Shares of Reliance MediaWorks were trading at Rs 267.90, down 1.45 per cent on BSE.

Shall I continue, Garfuckle?

Come on...prove me wrong, bitch! You claim to know everything about 3D movies. Bring it on, pussy! :fufu:
:biggrin:

Seshmeister
01-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Smurfahontas

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I just got back from sneaking in at the movies.. Lefty and I were in dispute over who's actually wearing the pants in this relationship so I stepped out to go see a movie and chill out. Before I return and poke her eyeballs out with my thumbnails..

But even before that, I asked how much was the ticket "ten fifty" what? Almost eleven bucks, for a matinee?

Is that for the 3D one, you got both versions here - "no actually, the non-3d print is showing in the SMALLER screen and it's $13.75"

I think that she took my query to mean my intent to pay. So after I passed the ticket counter, I walked past the double-doors someone came out of but didn't latch completely closed and I snuck in. There's my intent..

(they're wise to this shit btw now, they staff a Zitfaced zombie further in by the popcorn to tear your fuckin' ticket.. you get past this goof by asking "which way is the Men's?)

Alrighty. This AVATAR is a science-fiction destravaganza on a muppet's eye view in proportion to what you'd expect from the trailers you may have seen.

Some of the CGI is pretty cool, however 3D gogglevision induces anxiety and tremors of delerium throughout my entire musculature, so to avoid giving the cleanup people's condending with a bloodbath at film's end (and because the non-3D print had just started unlike the 3D just ending) I chose to find my quite vast seating inside the non-3D screening.

And like Yahoo Movies reviewed quite accurately, the script is bad but the fancy cartoon characters are good.

I knew this going in, however what I wasn't prepared for was Blue People's Planet to be inhabited by the Blue NAKED people of the planet.

That's right, the women are topless and most of the time it's veiled nudity: loincloths, hair-upon-nipples (if you're ever in the UK there's a great coffee-danish place there btw) and G-string ladies all over the place.

The Blue Nakeds live in this big tree. There is a Spirit in the tree, and they worship it. However, there's a huge deposit of radioactive shit underneath it called Givvashittium that the White Man wants to take away from this amalgamated tribe of Earth's Colonial-days' "victims" such as north American natives, Zulus, Polynesians, and Maori among others.

In fact, the director James Cameron hired a linguist to "invent" a language based on this amalgamation.

So what you see basically if you go, is a bunch of loinclothed eco-Hippie tree-hugging Pagans who worship Mother Nature, ride flying lizards and 6-legged anteater/horses and Hammerheaded LandsharkRHINO's who live in a forest.

It would have made my day, and made the film complete, to see them drop acid and get up there on the branches and jam like they were attending Woodstock. At least that's the only thing left unconveyed by James Cameron. Dumbass..

Now, this Givvashittium element in the Blue's ground, it makes rocks and things levitate. Like how magnets repel, this stuff has marketable properties for industry and the BCE which you've heard FORD talk about so much here, they go in with the Marines to kill everybody and take this virtual-reality "gold" by inducing Marine Field Guides to sleep. In this dreamstate, they animate a Bluelike body and then get these "silly Indians" to trust them, and learn of their ways.. all the while scouting around looking for signs of Givvashittium deposits in and around the area.

I won't give further than the basic premise, however, there's a big confrontation: the Marine shags one of the Blue Nakeds, and a compromised mission ensues further chaos of will.

Formulaic. Heavy-handed CGI vested to the personal tailorings of Spaghetti Western schooldays' recollections, spending his 1950's schoolboy weekends in front of the black n white TV tugging on his heartstrings.

Go see this thing if you wish to boast of having seen "the most expensive movie of ALL TIME" but if you don't give a shit, you aren't missing anything is my advice.

I mean, the Spiderman movies, they were packed for weeks n weeks. This thing has JUST come out 24 hours ago, and the 5oclock matinee was about 40% capacity I'd say.

Not a good sign for a 200 / 250 / 300 / 500 million dollar flick. I doubt you'll hear more about it a month from now.

I guess the Rotten Tomatoe bulletpoint #1 would be: fuckin' DUHH, hey Cameron nobody's taking their kids to see NAKEDS. They get that shit on the indernet, when you and your wife are not looking and you know that, so why pay for it?

Point #2, was the language. I counted a few Goddamns, and Holy Shits. Now, while neither invective is found in the Old or New Testaments in the Bible - ordinary churchgoing people won't be found foisting their families in front of the movie screens listening to the Word of the Street. I didn't like it, you may not like it, too.

Point #3, was some of the violence. One effort was made to avoid this I applaud: the BlueSHAG chick slices a dog's throat, and the camera angle turns to the Marine avatar's face instead of showing the animal's death. BUT the director has no problem at all with people getting stabbed, shot, bloodsplatters, and in one poignantly graphical scene a BlueNAKED impalement with a treebranch thru the midsection.

I read somewhere in online reviews this was intended to have some kind of sequel, but it was whittled down and trust me it shows.

In summary I want to throw out some tags to equate the balance of my Escape Into Town from an authoritarian-drunk woman who's going to be single after the holidays: Eco-driven, Colonial-era guilting with a dose of Wiccan paganism thrown in for good measure!

gary why do you lie like you do? are all your post as full of fibs as this one ? jeez i hope not, you won;t be making very many friends that way. we never seen this movie in a goddam theater. we watched it through the fence at the starlight drive inn over on rosemead boulivard down in south el monte. dont you remember ,you were drunk off your ass. shurly you must remember it. christ you messed youself after eating those 2 packs of weiners. it was so embarasing.

and mr hardrok 69. why are you picking on gary?

jhale667
01-03-2010, 12:52 AM
:lmao:

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-03-2010, 12:54 AM
do you think its funny to pick on gary like that?

FORD
01-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I'll admit I downloaded a bootleg copy online and watched it for the story. Now I gotta see it on the big screen for the effects.

And let's face it, who wouldn't want to fly around on a big red dragon, fuck hot blue chicks and literally plug into nature?

GAR
01-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Shall I continue, Garfuckle?

Come on...prove me wrong, bitch! You claim to know everything about 3D movies. Bring it on, pussy! :fufu:
:biggrin:

You're wrong, and such a waste of time, I'll flip your idiotic game back on you by letting you dwell on the key issue here: 3D..

How do you create stereoscope output from a monoscopic input?

No you do not get to answer - I'll tell you: reperspectiving from a virtual dual-cam digitization, creating a dual-output separation which is like calling a flip-up child's book "three-dimensional" from two-dimensional cutouts.

Enjoy refiguring your reply to fit the facts, Jackass.

GAR
01-03-2010, 01:56 AM
And let's face it, who wouldn't want to fly around on a big red dragon, fuck hot blue chicks and literally plug into nature?

The fantasy aspects weren't so great an experience for me to overlook many things in the story that didn't make much sense.

Dan
01-03-2010, 02:00 AM
do you think its funny to pick on gary like that?

Yes,Very Funny.:biggrin:

ZahZoo
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Smurfahontas

I prefer Dances with Smurfs...

language alert...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVnCFe3xsHs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVnCFe3xsHs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Yes,Very Funny.:biggrin:

put a sock in it kiwi.

Seshmeister
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JmRmb.jpg

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
:lmao:

PWN3D !

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
The remake of Clash Of The Titans is going to be out March 26th, and it looks like it will be pretty cool.

Whu... WHAT???????

FUCK, NO!!!

Please, tell me you're kidding.

No.

Please, dear Gawd, no.

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE???

Who's the son of a bitch who had this idea?

Maybe I can still kill the piece of shit.

Maybe it's not too late.

Maybe...

I...

No...

damn... :bottle:

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Thank you for the heads up, HR... I immediately went to Amazon UK to purchase this DVD.

7.53 Euros, WITH postage, new from Amazon itself, not the Marketplace.

I'm also downloading a DivX copy, so I won't have to handle the DVD too much, and so my nieces can watch it a couple of years from now with Portuguese subtitles, though hopefully they won't need them...

One of, if not THE most heart-warming memories I have from childhood TV watching...

Very few films can hope to achieve half the grateness that is Clash of the Titans.

The part where the Kraken arises from the waters still awes me, after all these years.

I think I'll just play a bit more Titan Quest: Immortal Throne before hitting the sack & calling it a day... though I'm not sure I can play through the tears.

Cheers! :bottle:

GAR
01-05-2010, 01:48 AM

GOLD, Sesh! This is GOLD!!

Seshmeister
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
BY THE WAY....the previews in 3D were pretty interesting. The remake of Clash Of The Titans is going to be out March 26th, and it looks like it will be pretty cool.

Andromeda made me feel funny and tingly back in the day.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6195/judibowker7bz.jpg

Apparently she is now in her late 50s doing the odd bit of TV.

*sinks into depression*

Seshmeister
01-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Classy... :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-r6YvB5vCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-r6YvB5vCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM

*sinks into depression*

Andromeda made everyone feel that way. As I googled to buy a DVD with Portuguese subtitles, I came across many pages where the general consensus is that Judy Bowker is (was) more of a Sex Goddess than Aphrodite herself.

In fact, the only reason my first load was not for her, is that I was only 8 at the time, and didn't really start until a couple of years later.

But yeah, you should be depressed as you're now nothing but an old fart. :biggrin:

As for Judy, maybe she's still hot? Some women manage to be damn hot well into their fifties...

Classy... :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-r6YvB5vCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-r6YvB5vCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is a film from back when films told stories, rather than being a showcase to what cuntputers can do.

And the special effects were designed AS NEEDED, rather than coming up with some special effect, and then basing a whole film around it *cough* Matrix *cough*.

As a result, special effects were not that good while the story was great, rather than the special effects being really good while the story isn't that great.

Ah, the good ol' days...

Hardrock69
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Ray Harryhausen is the MAN.

You're wrong, and such a waste of time, I'll flip your idiotic game back on you by letting you dwell on the key issue here: 3D..

How do you create stereoscope output from a monoscopic input?

No you do not get to answer - I'll tell you: reperspectiving from a virtual dual-cam digitization, creating a dual-output separation which is like calling a flip-up child's book "three-dimensional" from two-dimensional cutouts.

Enjoy refiguring your reply to fit the facts, Jackass.

Gar, you quite plainly said it is impossible to make a 2-D movie into a 3-D one.

I proved you wrong.

Go fuck yourself, Garfuckle.

thome
01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Whu... WHAT???????

FUCK, NO!!!

Please, tell me you're kidding.

No.

Please, dear Gawd, no.

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE???

Who's the son of a bitch who had this idea?

Maybe I can still kill the piece of shit.

Maybe it's not too late.

Maybe...

I...

No...

damn... :bottle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hBTqgCGnhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hBTqgCGnhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No one can take away the original thank goodness we have that.

As long as they don't start re-editing originals.

They can remake/remodel away...in 44DDD for all I care.

Ray is a God.

Hardrock69
01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Avatar DVD/Blu-ray to include blue alien sex scene | SCI FI Wire (http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/avatar-dvdblu-ray-to-incl.php)

Avatar DVD/Blu-ray to include blue alien sex scene

If you've seen James Cameron's sci-fi epic Avatar, you may feel that a certain scene lacked a certain, um, something. (Spoilers ahead!)

We're talking about the scene in which Jake (Sam Worthington) and Neytiri (Zoe Saldana) do the horizontal mambo in the jungle of Pandora. Actually, all we see is them snogging and cuddling; there's no actual alien sex.

Well, fire up that Blu-ray player, because Cameron recently told reporters that he shot a much more explicit scene that was cut out to achieve the PG-13 rating, according to Reelz:

We had it in and we cut it out. So that will be something for the special edition DVD, if you want to see how they have sex.

If you surmise that Na'vi sex involves intertwining ponytail tendrils, you may be right, Saldana says:

If you sync to your banshee and you're syncing to a tree, why not sync into a person? I almost feel like you'll have the most amazing orgasm, I guess. It was a very funny scene to shoot because there were so many technical things that sometimes you have to keep in mind that paying attention to all those might disrupt the fluidity of how a scene is supposed to take place.

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hBTqgCGnhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hBTqgCGnhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No one can take away the original thank goodness we have that.

As long as they don't start re-editing originals.

They can remake/remodel away...in 44DDD for all I care.

Ray is a God.

Well, they can't take away the originals in a sense of actually deleting every copy that was ever made around the world...

But just try searching for the DVD/VHS/BluRay/HDDVD/VideoCD/SVCD/LaserDisc/whatever the fuck more of the classic version of a now relatively obscure film like Clash of the Titans after the remake is out.

Only in torrents. Thank the internets for that.

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Avatar DVD/Blu-ray to include blue alien sex scene | SCI FI Wire (http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/avatar-dvdblu-ray-to-incl.php)

Oh, fer the love of...

You mean they purposefully deleted that scene from the film so they can sell the DVD???

Trouble is, it WILL work.

People are stupid enough to purchase the DVD just to see a lame "sex" scene.

When they should just buy/download/rent a FUCKING PORN!

Jaysus... there's really not much hope for mankind, is there?

Nickdfresh
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM

*sinks into depression*

She was also Aurora, Ming the Merciless's daughter in Flash.

http://scifibabez.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/AURAjpg.jpg

Actually, Aura was actually Ornella Muti. Still ufff...

http://images.yonja.com/pics/news/ornella_muti1.jpg

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
She was also Aurora, Ming the Merciless's daughter in Flash.

http://scifibabez.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/AURAjpg.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about? that was Ornella Muti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornella_Muti), not Judy Bowker.

That one was worthy of Gar, Nick... IMDB, Wikipedia, Google... and you pull a stunt like that???

By the way, if this site (http://newfilmdimension.com/2009/05/26/ornella-muti-at-the-cannes-film-festival/) doesn't lie, Ornell is still very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, bangable...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1064/2v0ev89.jpg

Anonymous
01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh, you've edited the post... well, I can't take back the groan, but suits you right for not doing your homework, young man!

thome
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh, fer the love of...

You mean they purposefully deleted that scene from the film so they can sell the DVD???

Trouble is, it WILL work.

People are stupid enough to purchase the DVD just to see a lame "sex" scene.

When they should just buy/download/rent a FUCKING PORN!

Jaysus... there's really not much hope for mankind, is there?

No,. No, My Brutha! it is because of money .

They make all movies now for the 8 to 17.5 year old market..... that is it.

You should see my posts in the Iron Man thread I belive Pojo started back before the last -RA- shut down.

They know what demographic goes to the theaters.

We have adult themed movies staring supposed "sex actresses" and they keep it pg13 to avoid a R rating to sell more tickets.

And now evidently they think they can interests adult demographic in a stupid kiddie flick by adding a otherwise exclude tittie shot from the original release.

However the trailer from this new COTT 2010 looks fairly adult themed.

Very rare to cater to the ones who earn the money to give to the kids who buy most tickets....

peace ..

thome
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I will say the real best movies these days are probably the independant films made by people who aren't owned by a studio....not all.... but, you need to get to Spielberg status to make it your way; if you see what I am say'n.

And they don't get promotional money so I can never find out what's, what... and that is the big studios game all along.

I know most everybody knows this already...

Hardrock69
01-06-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't see how it would have gotten an R rating unless Jake takes his loin cloth off and shows his THARG. :hee:

Nickdfresh
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh, you've edited the post... well, I can't take back the groan, but suits you right for not doing your homework, young man!

Fack orf, Yera Cochsucker... :)

Dan
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't see how it would have gotten an R rating unless Jake takes his loin cloth off and shows his THARG. :hee:

Or They Show Some Hot,Wet Pussy With A Gun.:D

Hardrock69
01-12-2010, 01:06 AM
:D

Whatever....it is gonna be interesting to see what James Cameron's version of alien sex will be about.

Though I would be willing to bet that (like the deleted orgy scene in that movie Eyes Wide Shut) it will be a buncha hype about nothing.

Seshmeister
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Avatar, Second Highest Grossing Film of All Time (http://screencrave.com/2010-01-07/avatar-second-highest-grossing-film-of-all-time/)

Avatar, Second Highest Grossing Film of All Time

Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:42PM By Krystal Clark

When I grow up, I want to be just like James Cameron, because that man’s success knows no bounds. He might not be as decorated or acclaimed as Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, or Martin Scorsese, but he’s the people’s champ. The director’s latest film Avatar, has managed to become the second highest grossing film off all time after just 20 days in theaters!

First off, Avatar was a major investment for Cameron to take a risk on. In Hollywood’s current climate, only comic book movies, sequels, and remakes produce the most box office dollars and the director wanted to go against the grain. He decided to take on a big budget film with no preexisting material to fall back on. His risk has paid off in spades because as of Wednesday Avatar has grossed 1.12 billion dollars passing 2003’s Lord of the Rings: Return the King.

Fox originally projected that the film would reach number 2 by next week, and had no idea that it would happen so soon. As of today, the film has accumulated $374.4 million domestically and a foreign cume of $760.8 million, for a worldwide box office total of $1.14 billion and counting. The majority of the film’s profit comes from overseas, but it’s still poised to break the top ten U.S. box office chart by the end of the week surpassing Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

A lot of the film’s financial success has to do with the higher ticket prices from the 3-D screenings. It’s been highly recommended that audiences watch Avatar in IMAX so they can view the movie the way Cameron meant for it to be seen. If this was a 2-D film there’s no way it would have accumulated as much as it did, as fast as it did, but we still have to give credit to where credit is due.

You have to hand it to Cameron for sticking to his guns and making the film that he wanted to make without the influence of outsiders. It may have taken him over a decade to do it, but he brought Avatar to the masses, and apparently their very grateful. If the film can pull in this kind of dough after only 20 days, lets see what it will do by the end of its run. The only thing standing in its way is that ship that refuses to sink, with $1.84 billion dollars earned.

twonabomber
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
is Cameron really good at movie making, or is he really good at creating hype and getting people to see his movies?

Titanic had a huge repeat viewership while it was still in the theaters, can Avatar be the same way?

Coyote
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Titanic had "the car scene"...

Seshmeister
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
And the brilliant line...

[the Titanic is about to sink]
Rose: Jack! This is where we first met.

You don't fucking say Rose...

Seshmeister
01-12-2010, 08:28 PM
This is a better version than the Cameron one... :D

YouTube - Toytanic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1fQyN1mmg)

JJ Hobson
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Get a load of this ...

Religious Left Editor [James Wall of "Christian Century Magazine"]: “Avatar” Illustrates Israeli Oppression (http://www.theird.org/Page.aspx?pid=1328)

standin
01-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Vatican says 'Avatar' is no masterpiece (AP) - Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/vatican-says-avatar-no-masterpiece-ap)

To Vatican critics, the alien extravaganza is just "bland."

Cameron "tells the story without going deep into it, and ends up falling into sappiness," said L'Osservatore Romano. Vatican Radio called it "rather harmless" but said it was no heir to sci-fi masterpieces of the past.

Most significantly, much of the Vatican criticism was directed at the movie's central theme of man vs. nature.

L'Osservatore said the film "gets bogged down by a spiritualism linked to the worship of nature." Similarly, Vatican Radio said it "cleverly winks at all those pseudo-doctrines that turn ecology into the religion of the millennium."

"Nature is no longer a creation to defend, but a divinity to worship," the radio said.

Hardrock69
01-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Fucking all these haters are bitching because they could not in their wildest dreams create something so cool. Their lives are so pathetic they have to try to get publicity by complaining about stuff. That is why they are called "critics". :D

Seshmeister
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Similarly, Vatican Radio said it "cleverly winks at all those pseudo-doctrines that turn ecology into the religion of the millennium."

Better than cleverly wanking over children...

Coyote
01-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Just to let you know...

I still remain un-interested in this movie. And fuck 3D movies. Thank you.

High Life Man
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Saw it. Liked it. 3d got annoying about 2 hours into it.

3d is not going to save the movie biz.

chefcraig
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
I dunno...from the trailer, I had the distinct feeling I was seeing a 3-D sci-fi remake of Dances With Wolves. It looked cool and all, but isn't it essentially pretty much the same story?

Coyote
01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPyipuT-Jg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPyipuT-Jg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anonymous
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I dunno...from the trailer, I had the distinct feeling I was seeing a 3-D sci-fi remake of Dances With Wolves. It looked cool and all, but isn't it essentially pretty much the same story?

What? No, it's Pocahontas!

chefcraig
01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
What? No, it's Pocahontas!

Yet DWW was released 5 years before Pocahontas. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Baby-Smileys/)

Anonymous
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Yet DWW was released 5 years before Pocahontas. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Baby-Smileys/)

Yes, but Pocahontas is slightly different than Dances with Wolves.

AND a cartoon.

This one is exactly like Pocahontas AND a 3D cartoon.

Hardrock69
01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Can't deny that.

How many dozen films have this same plot? Shit, even Apocalypse Now was sorta similar in a weird way (soldier named Kurtz goes native and rejects living with the white man).

GAR
01-19-2010, 03:07 AM
I reject everything made by the White Man Camer-Ruin, too.

ZahZoo
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Read an article in ComputerWorld... little tech-geek on this film.

The data center at Weta Digital in Miramar, New Zealand that did the digital imaging has 4000 HP blade servers with about 35,000 processors and 104TB of RAM. Each minute of the film represents about 17.28GB of data to produce the 3D imaging.

Seshmeister
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Annabella21/NerdAlert.gif

Seshmeister
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpNv6qto6So&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpNv6qto6So&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
02-23-2010, 07:10 AM
~<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9389738&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;sho w_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;ful lscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9389738&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;sho w_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;ful lscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/9389738">CFV 426 - Avatar/Pocahontas Mashup FINAL VERSION</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/randyszuch">Randy Szuch</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Hardrock69
02-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Just read an article in the paper just now about 3D-capable theaters.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100223/BUSINESS01/2230326/3-D+movies++popularity+catches+theaters+underprepare d

There will be 19 3-D releases this year.

And, despite the fact that Garfuckle wants to hide his head in the sand and believe it is not possible, Warner Bros. decided right when Avatar came out to push the release of the Clash Of The Titans remake back a week to April 2, and to use the extra time to convert it to 3-D.