PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao/Mayweather

POJO_Risin
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
I know that Al's boxing thread is the heart of all that is boxing, but this fight needs its own thread. We can merge it with the boxing thread after the fight...or lack thereof...

So the fight is off because of the needle deal...the week of the fight...

hahahahaha...

some gamesmanship from Mayweather...

this is just what boxing needs to light it on fire again...let's hope they actually do fight...

This should be an interesting couple of weeks...

ace diamond
12-24-2009, 12:14 AM
pacquiao is dirty and he know he'll not pass such a stringent drug test.
mayweather knows it too.

if pacquiao is tested and fails, he forfeits the title.
mayweather knows this also.

fucking politics ruin everything.

POJO_Risin
12-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Crooked or not, and I actually don't think MP is doping...

this is a classic move on Mayweather's part...

He's getting in his head...I guarantee Mayweather backs off this...

then rides MP about it over the next three months...

classic Mayweather move.

He's a bitch...mayweather...and I'm not a fan...but I'll be backing him in this fight...

so game on...

ace diamond
12-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Crooked or not, and I actually don't think MP is doping...

this is a classic move on Mayweather's part...

He's getting in his head...I guarantee Mayweather backs off this...

then rides MP about it over the next three months...

classic Mayweather move.

He's a bitch...mayweather...and I'm not a fan...but I'll be backing him in this fight...

so game on...

floyd mayweather is a little bitch.

he does have a bad habit of pulling these kind of bitch moves.
typical publicity stunt attention whore bullshit.

POJO_Risin
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM
What we need is Marvin Hagler to beat both their punk asses...

ace diamond
12-24-2009, 12:41 AM

that's too good for them.

put them both in the ring with mike tyson so he can smack them around and then bite their ears off.

2 little punks vs. 1 big one-
fair fight i say!

sonrisa salvaje
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I knew something like this was going to happen just because Mayweather has a habit of making things harder than they should be. If it wasn't this it would be the size of the ring or what gloves they would use....if Manny wanted Reyes gloves, Mayweather would want Everlast or vice versa. Why would the normal/standard drug testing they do for every fight not be good enough for Floyd? Manny is agreeable to what is mandatory. But noooooo...Floyd wants to do Olympic drug testing for this fight when it is completely out of the norm.
The bottom line is this. If Floyd thinks he can beat Manny then he needs to just step up and whip his ass. STFU and do the damn thing! What made boxing so great in the 80's when you had the Leonard/Duran/Hagler/Hearns rotation was that the fight was signed, a date was set, and they got it on. There wasn't any of this bullshit cat and mouse, political game going on where the public was strung out and kept getting their hopes up for something that may never happen. I'm sick of it.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-24-2009, 10:48 AM

You mean like how Sugar Ray beat his ass ??? :D

POJO_Risin
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
You mean like how Sugar Ray beat his ass ??? :D

Yeah...in the biggest joke of a win in the history of boxing...

I'll always give it to Sugar Ray for winning that fight...

but he did it the only way he could...run away as fast as you can...then hit him as many times with kleenex for the last ten seconds as you can...

It was the greatest era for welter/middleweights ever...

and I'd take any of the big 4 over Mayweather as I can...

but I'll say this for the Mouth from Michigan...he doesn't run.

Of course, he doesn't have Hagler chasing him either.

ace diamond
12-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah...in the biggest joke of a win in the history of boxing...

you mean bigger than the mike tyson vs. peter mcneeley debacle?

POJO_Risin
12-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Pac-man makes a nice counter...is going to sue Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions for defamation.

But Arum is selling the fact that he is mega-pissed off...maybe where there's smoke, there's some fire.

Either way...Mayweather is now in his head...

If this fight never happens, you can bet it's because Pac-Man has something to hide...

chefcraig
12-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Well, the Thursday deadline came and went with little fanfare, yet I question the reasoning of it's timing in the first place. Christmas Eve? Now this little bombshell (that POJO mentioned above) was just mentioned on our local ABC affiliate...

Pacquiao Says He Plans to Sue Mayweather

Pacquiao planning to file defamation suit against Mayweather and his camp

SARANGANI, Philippines December 25, 2009 (AP) - Manny Pacquiao says he is planning to file a defamation lawsuit against Floyd Mayweather Jr., the fighter's father, and Golden Boy Promotions

In a statement posted Friday on his Web site, Pacquiao claims that his character has been damaged and tarnished by accusations he says are untrue.

"Enough is enough," Pacquiao said in the statement. "These people, Mayweather Sr., Jr., and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard."

The proposed megafight between Pacquiao and Mayweather is in danger because the sides have failed to find a compromise to a dispute over blood testing. Promoter Bob Arum declared the bout dead Thursday.

Arum had set a Thursday deadline for an agreement on testing, the only issue not resolved for the planned March 13 fight. But with the Mayweather camp still insisting on using the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to conduct the tests, Arum said there wasn't much left to discuss.

"These people think they are doing the sport a great service. They are not," Pacquiao added. "To Floyd, despite all these accusations, may your Christmas be merry and I will see you in court, soon, too."

At the core of the dispute is the insistence of the Mayweather camp of using Olympic-style drug testing for the fight, even though both fighters have never been linked to any performance-enhancing substances. Under Nevada regulations, boxers are generally only tested just before the fight and in the dressing room afterward, and only urine is given.

"I have instructed my promoter, Bob Arum, head of Top Rank Inc., to help me out in the filing of the case as soon as possible because I have had people coming over to me now asking if I really take performance-enhancing drugs and I have cheated my way into becoming the No. 1 boxer in the world," Pacquiao said.

Mayweather's camp wants blood tests that can find things urine tests can't, such as use of human growth hormone, and they want them done by USADA from the time the fight is signed until the fight is held. Pacquiao's side has agreed to both urine and blood testing, but doesn't want testing immediately before the fight because Pacquiao believes giving blood so soon before a fight will weaken him.

Pacquiao's Web site states that Mayweather's camp is "asking too many unrealistic and unprecedented items on the bargaining table, including that of an Olympic-style drug testing."

"I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids and that my way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles in the ring, not outside of it," Pacquiao's statement said. "I have no idea what steroids look like, and my fear in God has kept me safe and victorious through all these years.

"Now, I say to Floyd Mayweather Jr., don't be a coward, and face me in the ring, mano-a-mano, and shut your big, pretty mouth, so we can show the world who is the true king of the ring."

Pacquiao Says He Plans to Sue Mayweather - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=9424138)

jhale667
12-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Methinks Manny doth protest too much. :rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
12-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Right now, my gut says there's something to this...

But...for the sake of gamesmanship, I'm going to wait and see how it plays out.

This has Ali all over it. Point is, if Pachoweverthehellyouspellit doesn't sue him now, he's fucked...

Truth be told...you have to give Mayweather credit...he's gotten under his skin, and made him look like a bitch...Ali has to be smiling...

and to boot, he may end up proving that PakayOW is doing some crazy ass shit...

DlocRoth
12-26-2009, 03:24 AM
I love all of you Floyd haterz. Everyone wants to call Floyd a bitch. Well that little bitch whips every ass that steps into the ring with him.

Risin is the exception, as usual. Boxing is theater. Floyd's a showman. And now he has the upper hand.

Game on indeed.

ace diamond
12-26-2009, 05:17 AM
these two need to shut the fuck up and get in the motherfucking ring already.

POJO_Risin
12-26-2009, 08:27 AM
In all seriousness here, the script couldn't be better. You have Mayweather and Pacajawea in the papers every day during the holiday season...while people are home and watching...

It's fucking brilliant...

I can't wait to see Mayweather's response...

jhale667
12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Right now, my gut says there's something to this...

But...for the sake of gamesmanship, I'm going to wait and see how it plays out.

This has Ali all over it. Point is, if Pachoweverthehellyouspellit doesn't sue him now, he's fucked...

Truth be told...you have to give Mayweather credit...he's gotten under his skin, and made him look like a bitch...Ali has to be smiling...

and to boot, he may end up proving that PakayOW is doing some crazy ass shit...

Already looks like he is by default...and the fact that he's bitching like a spoiled baby about it...
If Manny didn't have something to hide, he would've said "Hell yeah, and what...?" to Floyd's testing request. On the spot, even. But he didn't; he's crying, saying it will "weaken" him (not like they're even going to take a whole PINT of blood for a test, FFS). It's bullshit on Manny's part, and a brilliant ploy on Floyd's part. He IS now in Manny's tiny little head.

Plus, I don't care how impressive some of his last bouts have been, it's got to make Manny wonder how he'll fare against the guy who took a year off and still managed to make the guy (JMM) who he deep down knows BEAT him (probably the main reason he declined a 3rd fight) essentially look like a rank amateur (or at least BADLY outclassed)...so now he's scared AND angry...

The talk of substituting Pauly Mallinagi (sp?) instead of Floyd? Joke. Manny will knock him the fuck out easily. Dude has no power. Manny's probably not-so-secretly hoping that's what's going to happen. But if he gets in the ring with Floyd, his streak is pretty much OVER. Floyd's got a big mouth, but he can back it up.

TFM_Dale
12-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Being from Michigan I am of course a huge Floyd fan. Yeah he has a big mouth, yeah he likes to stir shit up, but Manny will get his ass kicked when and if he steps in with Floyd. This whole testing thing is being used by Pacquiao as a way out, not the other way around. Floyd will fight anyone if the price is right and everyone involved knows this has the chance to be the biggest pay day in the history of boxing. If this fight doesn't happen it is on Manny and his bruised ego, Money Mayweather would NEVER turn down that much money.

sonrisa salvaje
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
It appears Floyd is backing off of the testing issue so the fight may go on as planned. I wouldn't put it past Floyd to find a reason to push the fight back, though. He'll either hurt his hand during training or catch cold so that he can't train properly (sniff).

jhale667
12-28-2009, 04:41 PM
It appears Floyd is backing off of the testing issue so the fight may go on as planned. I wouldn't put it past Floyd to find a reason to push the fight back, though. He'll either hurt his hand during training or catch cold so that he can't train properly (sniff).

I'll have to respectfully disagree here - I doubt Floyd's worried about Manny at all. He was already flipping him shit for ducking the third JMM fight, before he himself schooled Marquez.

sonrisa salvaje
12-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I'll have to respectfully disagree here - I doubt Floyd's worried about Manny at all. He was already flipping him shit for ducking the third JMM fight, before he himself schooled Marquez.

I agree with you. I don't think Floyd is worried...i just think he's a dickhead. Manny will definitely need some help from Floyd if he is going to win. Not out of the realm of possibility but unlikely.

sonrisa salvaje
12-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Already looks like he is by default...and the fact that he's bitching like a spoiled baby about it...
If Manny didn't have something to hide, he would've said "Hell yeah, and what...?" to Floyd's testing request. On the spot, even. But he didn't; he's crying, saying it will "weaken" him (not like they're even going to take a whole PINT of blood for a test, FFS). It's bullshit on Manny's part, and a brilliant ploy on Floyd's part. He IS now in Manny's tiny little head.

Plus, I don't care how impressive some of his last bouts have been, it's got to make Manny wonder how he'll fare against the guy who took a year off and still managed to make the guy (JMM) who he deep down knows BEAT him (probably the main reason he declined a 3rd fight) essentially look like a rank amateur (or at least BADLY outclassed)...so now he's scared AND angry...

The talk of substituting Pauly Mallinagi (sp?) instead of Floyd? Joke. Manny will knock him the fuck out easily. Dude has no power. Manny's probably not-so-secretly hoping that's what's going to happen. But if he gets in the ring with Floyd, his streak is pretty much OVER. Floyd's got a big mouth, but he can back it up.

In theory i can see where you can draw the conclusion that Floyd should clearly beat Manny. However, drawing conclusions based on other fights is liking betting on football outcomes based upon mutual teams being played - very dangerous. Certain fighters have other fighters' number for no apparent reason. Case in point - Vernon Forest and Ricardo Mayorga. How in the world could the man that beat Shane Mosely twice lose twice to someone with half the skill as himself or Shane? Then there is Jermain Taylor and Bernard Hopkins. You can go all the way back to Boom Boom Mancini vs Livingstone Bramble or Little Red Lopez vs. Salvador Sanchez. It really is a trip when you think about it. It just seems to me that pointing to the difficulty that Manny had with JJM, as opposed to Floyd's easy dispatching thereof, may be a trap.

lesfunk
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Manny's a tough little shit but Floyd is one of the most talented boxers I've ever seen