PDA

View Full Version : john frusciante leaves rhcp..again

guitarboy5150
12-26-2009, 10:20 AM
didnt know if anybody cared about this or not and your thoughts....i think even though he wasnt a original band member, him and his "less is more" technique in his songwriting is what really made the peppers go. i never saw them live and he wouldve been the main reason i would go. i guess i'll see him solo one day

John Frusciante confirms he's left Red Hot Chili Peppers | News | NME.COM (http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/48928)

John Frusciante confirms he's left Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guitarist quit because he has 'changed'

* December 17, 2009 | 13 Comments
* Red Hot Chili Peppers news RSS feed
* More Red Hot Chili Peppers news, reviews, videos and tour dates
* Post this on Twitter or Follow NME

John Frusciante has confirmed his departure from Red Hot Chili Peppers, revealing he actually quit the band over a year ago.

A source close to the band hinted Frusciante had left earlier this week, though the news hadn't been confirmed until now.

Blogging on JohnFrusciante.com, the guitarist said he did not fall out with his bandmates and remains on good terms with them.

"When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus," he wrote. "There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways. To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction."

Frusciante added he "really love[s] the band and what we did", but now wants to make music on his own.

"Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature," he explained. "There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do."

Red Hot Chili Peppers are rumoured to have replaced Frusciante with session guitarist Josh Klinghoffer.

Golden AWe
12-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, he was one of the original creators of the band, and a very important part. In the past. But his comeback...I think his stuff was very lame, like the rest of the band. His solo album...lame too.

FORD
12-26-2009, 03:00 PM
They couldn't replace Frusciante the last time. The album with Navarro was horrible. Not that Navarro is a bad guitarist, it just didn't work. So unless Satan wants to send Hillel Slovak back up from Hell, I don't think there's anyone who can do it.

I predict this will be the end of the Peppers. Just hope Chad Smith can find something better to do than Chickenshit.

GAR
12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
This coming from the guy who was so broke about a decade ago he torched his home with all his vintage Jazzmasters and Stratocaster guitars. Or so was claimed for the insurance.

Either he's back on smack, or his mates are.

They're nuts, too! I remember we used to call each other's Musicians Wanted ads in the Recycler.. ALL the fucking time. Doing different voices, just messing around.

They chose this guy because he could barely play and was controllable. The kind of guy who works best in Chili Peppers is someone who has no goals, spine, creativity. They want all the credit and won't share it.

GAR
12-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I predict this will be the end of the Peppers. Just hope Chad Smith can find something better to do than Chickenshit.

There could be no Peppers without Chad: he's a main antagonist along with the vocalist.

Trust me, they could find someone today faster than they could back in the Metal Years because nobody looking to join/form a band knows how to play guitar anymore.

And back in the day, those guys couldn't find one guy to stick around for more than a few gigs. They were nobodys.

I remember as much as journalist Pleasant Gehman and a couple of those GoGo's chicks wanted to promote them, they were just too great a band of fuckups to keep it together. And this went on for years..

When did Club Scream open, 1984? 1985? That's how fucking long it took for them to get it together, like 3 or 4 years.

A groove-based punk band back in the Metal 80s just wasn't going to make it until the hair trend had begun to die. THEN they got attention.

Things are different today.. all kinds of pop music has metal-sounding guitar in it from latin, salsa, and country. Chili Peppers should find a guy no problem the minute they WANT to have a guy.

Now, if they want a guy who's any good with the instrument, well now, that's a different story altogether.

Terry
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Nah.

If Flea and Anthony wanted to go ahead without Chad, and Frusciante was still game, they could go forward as the RHCP successfully.

Can't say as the RHCP stuff without Frusciante is my cup of tea, though.

Nitro Express
12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, he was one of the original creators of the band, and a very important part. In the past. But his comeback...I think his stuff was very lame, like the rest of the band. His solo album...lame too.

How come guitar players always get boring after they get sober? When they are drugged up misfits is when they are at their best. At least in their younger years they are.

DlocRoth
12-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Nah.

Gotta agree.

GAR
12-27-2009, 01:44 AM

Silverlake area of Hollywood is full of these minimalist-Frusciante, and emo-type Johnny Marr's. There's at least 2 at every bus stop and every corner all the way down Sunset and they'd all play FREE or for room and board at least just to tour with a legacy band like RHCP.

Which by the way, really is Flea and Keidis. But could they find a drummer who's good enough technically and stable enough mentally, yet psychologically twisted enough to be compatible with these two I doubt it.

They'll have to wait for Chickenfoot to run out of money first which, since Sammy sold off his booze interests before this band started, may take till the end of February.

Hardrock69
12-27-2009, 02:43 AM
I never was a huge fan of RHCP. Good band for sure, but not my cup of tea.

GAR
12-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Those guys are smart to realize early on, that what they are focused on is a pop song which is based on vocal melodies.

They can have their pick of any shoegazer guitarist on myspace when they're ready.

Nitro Express
12-27-2009, 04:13 AM
I never was a huge fan of RHCP. Good band for sure, but not my cup of tea.

I liked them because their music seemed to make girls slutty and horny. Alcohol, Chilli Peppers, and live in the moment debachery resulted in oil and DNA stains.:biggrin:

Diamondjimi
12-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers are rumoured to have replaced Frusciante with session guitarist Josh Klinghoffer.

I heard it was a guitarist named Jack Mehoffer from Tunafish, Wyoming...

Diamondjimi
12-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I can't blame J.F. for leaving. Christ, they've made the same album 3 times in a row.

Time for these guys to call it a day...

Is there still a market for 50 year old dudes who like to jump around with socks on their dicks?

jhale667
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Wonder if they'll do another giant cattle-call like they did last time...my buddy actually went down there, got to jam with them for like 5 minutes, and is visible momentarily in the MTV special documenting...er, the last time...Frusciante uh...quit. :rolleyes:

GAR
12-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Heroin - John Frusciante
---------------------------------
Oh Heroin, heroin
And cocaine, cocaine
Well I loved them both

But they took my life, they took my friends
They won't give em back, but I want em back
Oh give em back now

And what has it got me
Just some teeth I can't chew
my favourite cereal with

Oh being cool, and looking good
Keith Richards and Lenny Bruce
And all of them, well I give up

Sometimes I get sad, or I'll get mad
About where I should be, and where I am
Don't wanna go back

And where has it got me
but five years older now
Washing dishes in a restaurant

Well my friend Robert, he can't stop
His teeth are falling out
And he's living at his mom's

I guess I'm lucky I'm alive, yea I'm lucky I'm alive
Coz I should be dead, well I have been dead
But I'm not now, no

But what has it got me
Just some teeth I can't chew
my favourite cereal with

Yea where has it got me
but five years older now
Working in a fucking restaurant

Oh Heroin, heroin
And cocaine, cocaine
Well I loved them both

Diamondjimi
12-28-2009, 01:19 AM
..my buddy actually went down there, got to jam with them for like 5 minutes, and is visible momentarily in the MTV special documenting...er, the last time...Frusciante uh...quit. :rolleyes:

Same thing with a buddy of mine. Got to jam for 5 minutes. Said they were a buncha "rock stars"/ wankers...