PDA

View Full Version : avenged sevenfold drummer found dead in his home...."natural causes" -*cough*-

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 03:49 AM
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- Police say James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, has been found dead at his home in Southern California.

Lt. John Domingo says the 28-year-old Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes on Monday in Huntington Beach.

The Orange County coroner's office is investigating the death.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999 and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. According to their MySpace page, the five-man metalcore band was working on their fifth album.

The band released a statement Monday expressing their sadness and calling Sullivan "one of the world's best drummers," and "our best friend and brother."

I smell another dead junkie................never liked this band anyway.......
:rolleyes:

PETE'S BROTHER
12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
at least show some respect for the loss of a fellow human being.

bueno bob
12-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Drugs are bad, mmkay?

The band released a statement Monday expressing their sadness and calling Sullivan "one of the world's best drummers," grossly overstating his talent in the process...

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
at least show some respect for the loss of a fellow human being.

not unless they earned my respect in life.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
i lost a good friend of mine from work over the weekend. he passed away in his sleep christmas night. the pain and loss for his family and friends is very difficult. i guess i am simply speaking of the ones left behind who lost a friend, son, father (maybe), etc. he might not have been a great drummer, but was a sad loss for many people.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
not unless they earned my respect in life.

how high could that bar possiby be?:fufu:

ThrillsNSpills
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM

have you seen his band?

kwame k
12-29-2009, 04:13 PM
have you seen his band?
they must of really sucked;)

PETE'S BROTHER
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
have you seen his band?

no, but i saw some youtube links in another thread that didn't get very good reviews from you guys. i'm not tryin' ta start anything with ace tho, just was a little pissed about the lack of compassion. :(

GO-SPURS-GO
12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
no, but i saw some youtube links in another thread that didn't get very good reviews from you guys. i'm not tryin' ta start anything with ace tho, just was a little pissed about the lack of compassion. :(

Ace is a Satanist. Most Satanist lack compassion. ;)

PETE'S BROTHER
12-29-2009, 06:16 PM

good point, then, :fufu: ace. sorry, satan:)

hankster
12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Avenged Sevenfold was another cliche band, but they were pretty decent musically. I mean they did garner radioplay, and their first album went #4 on the charts, ie the MTV award for new talent. Say what you will, but I wouldn't mind my band getting that type of recognition.

chefcraig
12-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Or in ace's case, a lack of comprehension.

Sad to hear about "The Rev". City of Evil was a terrific album, one of the top 3 in my albums of the decade.

SparkieD
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
...a fellow human being.

You're talkin' to Ace. That does not apply.

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 09:06 PM

My respect is not earned easily.

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 09:10 PM
You're talkin' to Ace. That does not apply.

exactly, exactly.........i'm an animal.......and i fuck like a beast!!!!!!!!

sorry, had to get the KISS/W.A.S.P. pun in there...........:biggrin:

SparkieD
12-29-2009, 09:10 PM
My respect is not earned easily.

Self respect included.

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 09:12 PM

because we have no shame.

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Self respect included.

what self respect?

NATEDOG001976
12-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I smell another dead junkie................never liked this band anyway.......
:rolleyes:

Dam, that guy was awesome!

binnie
01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
'City of Evil' and 'Waken The Fallen' are actually good records. This guys can play, sing and write good tunes. The 'poppier' tone of their last record was a let down, however.

When anyone under 30 dies it's a damn shame, regardless of what they did in life. Imagine the pain of his family.