PDA

View Full Version : Mush Limpdick hospitalized in Honolulu, in "serious" condition

FORD
12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Sources: Limbaugh Rushed To Honolulu Hospital
Conservative Radio Show Host Suffering From Chest Pains

POSTED: 4:20 pm HST December 30, 2009
UPDATED: 5: 08 pm HST December 30, 2009
HONOLULU -- Conservative radio talk host Rush Limbaugh was rushed to a Honolulu hospital on Wednesday afternoon with chest pains, sources told KITV.

Paramedics responded to the call at 2:41 p.m. at the Kahala Hotel and Resort.

Limbaugh suffered from chest pains, sources said. Paramedics treated him and took him to Queen's Medical Center in serious condition.

He was seen golfing at Waialae Country Club earlier this week. The country club is next to the Kahala Hotel and Resort.

The radio show host had been in the islands during the holidays. Coincidentally, his visit comes at a time when two of the nation's most powerful Democrats, President Barack Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, are also staying in Hawaii.

In 2001, Limbaugh received a cochlear implant after he suddenly lost hearing due to autoimmune inner ear disease. Limbaugh underwent treatment in 2003 for an addiction to prescription painkillers, including Lorcet, Norco and hydrocodone.

Sources: Limbaugh Rushed To Honolulu Hospital - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/22094469/detail.html)

sadaist
12-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Limbaugh underwent treatment in 2003 for an addiction to prescription painkillers, including Lorcet, Norco and hydrocodone.

Wow! That really completes the story and brings it all together.

FYI - Norco and Lorcet are both Hydrocodone.

I suppose many of us have a multiple addictions to beer, brewed hops, brewed barley, and carbonated alcoholic beverages. :rolleyes:

kwame k
12-30-2009, 10:49 PM
OK, part of me wants to say things like I hope he has the type of stroke that leaves you unable to speak and part of me says that's lowering myself to his fan's level.

I personally feel the world would be a better place without him in it but since I was never a Compassionate Conservative.....I'll just say, "Get Well Soon".......asshole;)

FORD
12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Wow! That really completes the story and brings it all together.

FYI - Norco and Lorcet are both Hydrocodone.

I suppose many of us have a multiple addictions to beer, brewed hops, brewed barley, and carbonated alcoholic beverages. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it looks like one of those... "put the story out and we'll add the details later" kind of things. Though his deafness WAS caused by his oxycontin abuse, that much is a medical fact. And years of that kind of drug use can't be good for the heart either.

As for those other "addictions", talk to me tommorrow night about that :gulp:

sadaist
12-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Though his deafness WAS caused by his oxycontin abuse, that much is a medical fact.

It's not the opiate, it's the fucking Acetaminophen it's mixed with. Tylenol. My mom was on regular vicodin for her Multiple Sclerosis and I finally talked her into having the doctor switch her to Norco. Same amount of the opiate for pain...much less Acetaminophen. I think it can mess with your liver as well.

FORD
12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Acetominophen is bad on the liver. Ibuprofen is rough on the kidneys. I try not to use either one very often, but then I rarely need pain killers of any sort. Last time I had prescription pain pills was when I had a horrible tendonitis flare up in my shoulder a few years back. Either Oxycontin or Hydrocodone, forget which. They helped me sleep, but really didn't do much more for the pain or inflammation as the over the counter stuff did.

Ended up using the rest of it "recreationally", because I damn sure wasn't gonna throw it away.

VanHalener
12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
...I suppose many of us have a multiple addictions to beer, brewed hops, brewed barley, and carbonated alcoholic beverages...

Not me. My love of drink is dedicated to chocalate, malted, or chilled breast milk.
:hitch:Gyes:hitch:

Doctor Dude
12-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Acetominophen is bad on the liver. Ibuprofen is rough on the kidneys. I try not to use either one very often, but then I rarely need pain killers of any sort. Last time I had prescription pain pills was when I had a horrible tendonitis flare up in my shoulder a few years back. Either Oxycontin or Hydrocodone, forget which. They helped me sleep, but really didn't do much more for the pain or inflammation as the over the counter stuff did.

Ended up using the rest of it "recreationally", because I damn sure wasn't gonna throw it away.

That's a common practice. We give you 15 to end the pain, and another 15 to use as needed... family reunions, the holidays, jury duty .... etc....

kwame k
12-31-2009, 12:17 AM
It's not the opiate, it's the fucking Acetaminophen it's mixed with. Tylenol. My mom was on regular vicodin for her Multiple Sclerosis and I finally talked her into having the doctor switch her to Norco. Same amount of the opiate for pain...much less Acetaminophen. I think it can mess with your liver as well.

Saddie, how is your Mom doing? Not to be intrusive or anything.......I hope she's doing well, brother.

GAR
12-31-2009, 01:21 AM
(uhhhh huhhuhuuhhhhh.. he wants to "do" yer mom, dude!)

sadaist
12-31-2009, 03:19 AM
(uhhhh huhhuhuuhhhhh.. he wants to "do" yer mom, dude!)

LOL. From what I understand she was quite the stunner in the 60's & 70's. Kept in shape playing a lot of tennis & swimming. Was a cheerleader in the 50's.

sadaist
12-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Saddie, how is your Mom doing? Not to be intrusive or anything.......I hope she's doing well, brother.

Thanks for asking. About the same. The way her disease is, staying the same is kinda what we hope for. Just try to avoid the really bad periods or keep them to bare minimum. The problem with all of the pain meds she is on, is that her tolerance has built up so they don't work like they really should. And since she is also dependent on them, it makes it really tough to switch them out to other types.

As for Rush, I feel bad that he became addicted after he didn't need them anymore. That's become a huge problem in the last 10-15 years. It sucks because the opiates work so damn good for pain, but also make you feel good and are extremely addictive.

I would bet money that if we had mandatory testing for every single politician or media person...at least 10% would be currently taking some form of prescription drug that they are hooked on.

What sucks for the average Joe is we can't afford to take 30 days off of normal life, spend $25k, and go to a resort/rehab for 30 days.

Hardrock69
12-31-2009, 03:30 AM
If I never again hear of that fat, bloated sack of dogshit it will be too soon. I hope he goes to hell to spend all eternity being ass-raped by Jerry Falwell.

And Sadaist, I can only say I hope your mom gets healthy, regardless of what she has.

sadaist
12-31-2009, 05:23 AM
If I never again hear of that fat, bloated sack of dogshit it will be too soon.

LMAO. I kinda like Rush. But I read the comments over at TMZ. Man, I'd say 99% of them were people wishing a slow painful death on him.

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Say what you want about him, the guy is a self made man. He followed the blue print of the american dream, by working hard, and not depending on others. His drive to be the best at what he does can't be denied. He is a huge supporter of the individual and the freedoms an individual should have to achieve his or her goals without the dependence or interference of Government.

Nickdfresh
12-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Say what you want about him, the guy is a self made man.

So was Adolph Hitler...

He followed the blue print of the american dream, by working hard, and not depending on others. His drive to be the best at what he does can't be denied. He is a huge supporter of the individual and the freedoms an individual should have to achieve his or her goals without the dependence or interference of Government.

Actually, he's from an upper middle class family and his father was a lawyer. So fucking spare us the "rags-to-riches," American hero horseshit...

hideyoursheep
12-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Say what you want about him, the guy is a self made man. He followed the blue print of the american dream, by working hard, and not depending on others. His drive to be the best at what he does can't be denied. He is a huge supporter of the individual and the freedoms an individual should have to achieve his or her goals without the dependence or interference of Government.

:shiznit:

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 08:14 AM
So was Adolph Hitler...

Actually, he's from an upper middle class family and his father was a lawyer. So fucking spare us the "rags-to-riches," American hero horseshit...

I'm sorry but where did I mention anything about Rags to Riches. I never stated he came from an impoverished background. Adolph Hitler? WTF? :umm:

Nickdfresh
12-31-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry but where did I mention anything about Rags to Riches. I never stated he came from an impoverished background. Adolph Hitler? WTF? :umm:

He was also privileged and hardly "self-made."

And Hitler was "self-made" in the classic sense...

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 08:53 AM
He was also privileged and hardly "self-made."

And Hitler was "self-made" in the classic sense...

Gosh I forgot, he and his parents just waved their magic success wand and presto!!! Rush instantly becomes one of the most successful radio personalities of all time. Thanks for setting me straight Nick.

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 09:24 AM
I should say get well soon, but I"m not going to. He's somebody I'll just ignore until he shows up dead onme day.

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
You may as well give it up, ULTRAMAN

These stooges hate real success...

Nickdfresh
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Gosh I forgot, he and his parents just waved their magic success wand and presto!!! Rush instantly becomes one of the most successful radio personalities of all time. Thanks for setting me straight Nick.

I never said his parents did it for him. What I was saying was that he had opportunities and came from a privileged background, and you lionize him as some poor twat that came from "Tobacco Road" FFS...

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Rush failed many times and readily admits his failures...

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 10:30 AM

But it doesn't stop him from continuing to make them.

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 10:43 AM
It must be nice to be so perfect, like you...

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
It is!!!!!

;)

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Seriously, Elvis, I'm a deeply flawed person, but I'm not out there judging the rest of the world on a conservative platform for all the world to hear. Confessing your sins is different than atoning for them - that casting the first stone thing.....

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Honesty is just that...

FORD
12-31-2009, 11:06 AM
The fair thing to do, if Mush died, would be to show him the same compassion he had for Kurt Cobain and Jerry Garcia when they passed away.

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Dude, you totally suck...

Kristy
12-31-2009, 11:35 AM

Bullshit. He was born with a silver spoon in his fat mouth by his rich daddy judge who pulled stings to get him an intern job at a radio station where he later became a low-rated DJ. He talents was being an overactive mouthpiece of Rethuglican policies (even though he was a college drop out) got him bounced from station to station until the post Reganites gave him a talk show. Rush wouldn't know hard work or the "American dream" if it bit him in his fat false prescription writing ass. He doesn't support "freedom" he supports policies and agendas spoon fed by the people who gave him his god damn job. The guy is purely a lying drug addict, clandestine racist and obese Rethuglican propagated puppet.

BITEYOASS
12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I hope Rush Limbow will be the next subject on that "Last 24 hours" show. And who knows what illegal shit they'll find in his mansion after he kicks the bucket.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6F7Q7BkAbCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6F7Q7BkAbCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Shaddup already, slut...

Kristy
12-31-2009, 11:44 AM

Like his failure to use one of his house cleaning staff to fully take the rap for him unlawfully obtaining Schedule II narcotics? His failure to undergo and maintain a diet? His failure to have a degree in political science only to pull the wool over his low-IQ audience that he does? His failure to apologize to Micheal "J" Fox and any other(s) out with suffering with the horrendous conditions that is Parkinson's Disease? He hasn't admitted shit.

Kristy
12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Shaddup already, slut...

Go hump yourself on a broken light bulb you fucking annoying little redneck.

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
You're so cool...

Guitar Shark
12-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Go hump yourself on a broken light bulb you fucking annoying little redneck.

I love it when Kristy starts with the dirty talkin'.

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Why don't you PM her for her number ??

standin
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Is he dead yet?
Does he need some help? No reason for him to linger.
We should start a prayer vigil asking God to show mercy to him and relieve him of the affliction of being human.
We could do good today for new years.
Prayers, Rushie, prayers. You'll get there.

twonabomber
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM

and the difference is that i don't talk shit about other people with similar addictions while downplaying or even flat out denying my addiction.

ZahZoo
12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
and the difference is that i don't talk shit about other people with similar addictions while downplaying or even flat out denying my addiction.

Excellent approach!! Don't put em down... join in and have a good time!!

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 12:48 PM
I never said his parents did it for him. What I was saying was that he had opportunities and came from a privileged background, and you lionize him as some poor twat that came from "Tobacco Road" FFS...

:umm: Um again, I don't recall stating that he came from the depths of poverty. Just curious, but when did it become a crime to have opportunities or to be raised in a family that promotes behavior conducive to success.

Kristy
12-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, nothing says the "American Dream" quite like the opportunity of nepotism.

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Bullshit. He was born with a silver spoon in his fat mouth by his rich daddy judge who pulled stings to get him an intern job at a radio station where he later became a low-rated DJ. He talents was being an overactive mouthpiece of Rethuglican policies (even though he was a college drop out) got him bounced from station to station until the post Reganites gave him a talk show. Rush wouldn't know hard work or the "American dream" if it bit him in his fat false prescription writing ass. He doesn't support "freedom" he supports policies and agendas spoon fed by the people who gave him his god damn job. The guy is purely a lying drug addict, clandestine racist and obese Rethuglican propagated puppet.

That's your opinion and you have a God given right to express it. WHOOPS! I made a God reference sorry. I know that's not your cup of tea. Correction: You have a Wiccan given right to your opinion.:biggrin:

Kristy
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
That's your opinion and you have a God given right to express it. WHOOPS! I made a God reference sorry. I know that's not your cup of tea. Correction: You have a Wiccan given right to your opinion.:biggrin:

Wiccan!?!? You mean that trendy pseudo-lesbian shit passing itself off as a religion now taken up by attention-seeking goths? Yeah, I talk about THAT all the time here. Why there must be thousands of threads with me giving a nod or two in great detail how I and my pagan sisters drink goat's blood dressed in Baphomet masks all wanting to be sodomized by the great god Pan.

Dude, I was raised Catholic and the closest I ever came to any kind of a ritual was when I joined a sorority which was more or less a self-serving bitch club for women with all sorts of deep-rooted psychological issues. So fuuuuuuuuuuck you!

As for your modern day Goebbels er, I mean Rush none of what I spoke was "opinion" Was or was not his daddy a high-paid judge? Did not Rush get into where he is today by family nepotism? Did or did he not blatantly insult Micheal "J" Fox's disease? All fact, I'm afraid.

jacksmar
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
The fair thing to do, if Mush died, would be to show him the same compassion he had for Kurt Cobain and Jerry Garcia when they passed away.

What was the last thing that went through KC's mind?
The shell wad.

How does KC collect his thoughts?
With a fucking squeeegee.

Both of these gems are "no-brainers". Right Kurt? Kurt?

Jerry Garcia and Eric Clapton are captured by cannibals one day. Before they are about to be cooked for dinner they are granted one final wish. Jerry says "hand me my old guitar and let me play Dark Star one last time..." Eric says "please kill me before he starts".

By the way, didn't Courtney Love open up for the dead?

ULTRAMAN VH
12-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Wiccan!?!? You mean that trendy pseudo-lesbian shit passing itself off as a religion now taken up by attention-seeking goths? Yeah, I talk about THAT all the time here. Why there must be thousands of threads with me giving a nod or two in great detail how I and my pagan sisters drink goat's blood dressed in Baphomet masks all wanting to be sodomized by the great god Pan.

Dude, I was raised Catholic and the closest I ever came to any kind of a ritual was when I joined a sorority which was more or less a self-serving bitch club for women with all sorts of deep-rooted psychological issues. So fuuuuuuuuuuck you!

As for your modern day Goebbels er, I mean Rush none of what I spoke was "opinion" Was or was not his daddy a high-paid judge? Did not Rush get into where he is today by family nepotism? Did or did he not blatantly insult Micheal "J" Fox's disease? All fact, I'm afraid.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!:rolleyes:

Kristy
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
You lighten up, Scooter.

Unchainme
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM
He's a talkshow host..Nothing more, nothing less.

*For the record, I'm a libetarian and despise both sides pretty equally right now*

I'm sure if this was Keith Olbermann (who pretty much does the same exact thing, admit it), I'm sure you guys would just brush it off.

Don't know what makes him so evil? He's a conservative? Is that it? He did drugs? So what, the guys f--ed up, big time, seems to have owned it and has moved on with his life.

Again, for the record, I'm not a fan of the guy, but I wouldn't be wishing death on a guy who really hasn't harmed that many people.That's pretty stupid and petty, and you're pretty much stooping to his level.

If he bugs you guys that much, do the simple thing, turn on Sports talk like I do and just ignore him. Same with the conservatives who don't like Olbermann, Franken, etc.

FORD
12-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Just for you, Jerksmear......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1igVj3w8KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1igVj3w8KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/a035.gif http://coolgifs.tripod.com/jockomo.gif http://coolgifs.tripod.com/zoom.gif

Unchainme
12-31-2009, 01:57 PM
YouTube - Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqv9P80vpWQ)

Why the hell was this even made? :biggrin:

FORD
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM
I must admit I'm not a big fan of the late 70's Dead studio albums. But that's OK, because the band themselves pretty much regret that period.

Unchainme
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM
I must admit I'm not a big fan of the late 70's Dead studio albums. But that's OK, because the band themselves pretty much regret that period.

It's almost like they did it as a parody in a way.

Like of all the bands to do a disco track, The Grateful effing Dead? It was like that album of like weird futuristic new wave-techo album made by Neil Young.

Gotta admire the versatility on that though.

ThrillsNSpills
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Stagger Lee was better live anyway.
like most of their listenable tracks.

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 04:14 PM

Kristy will you PLEASE stop telling people what goes on when you and I go to the Burning Woman festival?

FORD
12-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Kristy will you PLEASE stop telling people what goes on when you and I go to the Burning Woman festival?

This post is useless without video. :biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
This post is useless without video. :biggrin:

We've destroyed the evidence, sorry.

Nickdfresh
12-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Why don't you PM her for her number ??

Why don't you stop acting so jealous?

sadaist
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM

I agree with you on that. My angle was how the article posted the same drug three different ways which makes it look like the man was addicted to multiple substances...when in fact it was just one.

sadaist
12-31-2009, 05:38 PM

I didn't ever listen to him back then. Hardly listen now. Is there a summary of what happened?

FORD
12-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I didn't ever listen to him back then. Hardly listen now. Is there a summary of what happened?

He called Kurt a "worthless shred of human debris" and Jerry "just another dead drug addict". Probably high as a kite himself while making both statements.

Nickdfresh
12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
BTW, I believe Rush once advocated that "drug addicts" be put in "camps" IIRC. I don't think that has been articulated here, for the record...

bueno bob
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh no! What awful news!

That he's still alive, I mean.

Hardrock69
12-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Is he dead yet?
Does he need some help? No reason for him to linger.
We should start a prayer vigil asking God to show mercy to him and relieve him of the affliction of being human.
We could do good today for new years.
Prayers, Rushie, prayers. You'll get there.

I would just as soon ask God to order Satan to take him right now in a horrible fire or something.

That goddamnable fuck is one of the most disgusting assholes to ever be given a radio show. He should have been killed off a long time ago.

standin
01-01-2010, 03:04 AM
order Satan...lol...
Umm..
I wonder how close he is this evening.
You know, if he was really good. This would be a good day to die. New years is a good date to mark your death, it is easy to throw a party for remembrance.

Is he dead yet?

Igosplut
01-01-2010, 06:11 AM
He called Kurt a "worthless shred of human debris" and Jerry "just another dead drug addict". Probably high as a kite himself while making both statements.

I remember reading that somewhere (I'd rather have teeth pulled than listen to talk radio)

I guess it's OK to abuse shit when you can get a script for it (and your party affiliations correct...)

I remember seeing a clip on TV of Andy Rooney doing the same thing on air about Cobain making derogatory remarks at a young girl about her letter on Cobain's suicide, and thinking " Is it a prerequisite that you have to be an asshole to get a talk show??"

hideyoursheep
01-01-2010, 06:27 AM
**sneaking over to Sean Hannity's place with an axe handle**

:D

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Just heard on CNN now that he was interviewed and he said "Our healthcare system is the best in the world and I don't see a thing wrong with it".

Naturally, having signed a 400 million dollar deal for his radio show last year.

Sure...he can afford the very best healthcare, because even with medical bills that would be catastrophic to anyone else, they would not even qualify as chump change to him. Aside from that, the insurance companies would most likely pick up the tab for his fat bloated carcass even if he had no insurance, being a mouthpiece for the right-wing fascist Nazi (Republican) Party all these years.

He is not worth saying any prayer for, unless it is a prayer for him to quit taking up valuable resources used by other more deserving people and die already. :mad:

lesfunk
01-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I wish I could have his Vicodin...

bueno bob
01-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I've been leaving all sorts of neat things on his Facebook page, lmao...WHAT FUN!

thome
01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I would just as soon ask God to order Satan to take him right now in a horrible fire or something.

That goddamnable fuck is one of the most disgusting assholes to ever be given a radio show. He should have been killed off a long time ago.

Funny how you's guys always bag on Christians for believing in God and Satan .

Statements of the invisible roman soldier raped vigin birth insanity and such inane rambling ...

Unless you need those words to become, into a real existence, to prove your points in millions of other senarios.

Thus you have made God real again.

No harsh.... I am just say'n.

And you come down on some E-taintment news radio douche, but you use some other news radio or TV douche to pove your point against the other idiot.

Pick a side and stick with it.

no harsh I am just say'n........

starting the year out on a sour note....

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-01-2010, 05:08 PM
who is this mush limpdick character, is he a member here?

Terry
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM

He was made by his listeners, the radio stations that carry him (along with the attendant advertising dollars), and the readers of his books.

Now, that shouldn't be confused with saying he isn't financially successful, nor that he worked hard to get where he is (because that wasn't what I mean to infer), but "self-made"? Not so much.

Terry
01-01-2010, 06:15 PM

The Way Things Ought To Be;)

ELVIS
01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Rush was discharged this morning and no heart trouble was found, reportedly...

FORD
01-01-2010, 06:55 PM

So it was probably all a scam to get him some Oxycontin, more than likely. Supposedly he also complained of "back pain" even though he was on the golf course the same day of the alleged "heart attack".

ULTRAMAN VH
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
who is this mush limpdick character, is he a member here?

Yes he is, he is also Ford's boyfriend.:hee:

ULTRAMAN VH
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
So it was probably all a scam to get him some Oxycontin, more than likely. Supposedly he also complained of "back pain" even though he was on the golf course the same day of the alleged "heart attack".

Yureka! Magoo you have done it again, great skills of deduction. Sherlock Holmes could not have performed better himself!:yourock:

FORD
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM

If I wanted a boyfriend, I could do much better than that.

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-01-2010, 07:52 PM

omg, so he's a member here?

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 07:57 PM
All drugs have negative side effects. Every single one of them. Sometimes they are needed but not at the levels society is taking them. Most people on Zoloft and Prozac don't need the shit. Most erectile disfunction and acid reflux is the result of poor exercise habbits, eating poorly and too much, and stress.

Popping pills is the easy solution because a long-term fix or prevention is too much work.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Rush seems like an unstable egomaniac obsessed with material wealth. Such people are such easy fodder to exploit and you certainly are a fool to trust such people. They usually have many skeletons in the closet, drug addiction usually being one of them.

lesfunk
01-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Popping pills is the easy solution because a long-term fix or prevention is too much work.

You say that as if it's a bad thing....

FORD
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a panic attack, assuming something actually DID happen to him. Panic attack symptoms can be mistaken for heart attacks, and Mush leads a very sheltered life most of the time. He doesn't even do his radio show from a radio station like most other radio hosts, but instead built a studio in a converted pool cabana behind his mansion in Florida. Literally, the guy hardly ever leaves his house. Last time was probably the right wing CPAC convention last year, and if you saw his act there, it was obvious that he was heavily medicated.

Seshmeister
01-01-2010, 08:22 PM

You misheard.

No heart was found.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:27 PM

The best Dead album is the first one.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
You say that as if it's a bad thing....

Grace Slick once said drugs are hardball entertainment. They work, can be fun but too much, using too long, or the wrong combination will KILL you.

Much like jumping a motorcycle over buses, it's only a matter of time before it bites your ass but you can have a ball before that happens.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
There's no free lunch in life. If you want long-term, sustainable happiness you have to WORK at it. People are making a fortune selling a so called free lunch to people. I see it all the time.

Ally_Kat
01-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Just heard on CNN now that he was interviewed and he said "Our healthcare system is the best in the world and I don't see a thing wrong with it".

Naturally, having signed a 400 million dollar deal for his radio show last year.

Sure...he can afford the very best healthcare, because even with medical bills that would be catastrophic to anyone else, they would not even qualify as chump change to him. Aside from that, the insurance companies would most likely pick up the tab for his fat bloated carcass even if he had no insurance, being a mouthpiece for the right-wing fascist Nazi (Republican) Party all these years.

He is not worth saying any prayer for, unless it is a prayer for him to quit taking up valuable resources used by other more deserving people and die already. :mad:

And this is where I get confused because I read you saying that, but then I know with my father who lived in a hospital for a year because of cancer, chemo, and surgeries (with ambulance rides to and from facilities) that with our healthcare we didn't pay a cent. And it's not like we're anyone special or rich. Nor was my friend's father who had the same situation.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:42 PM

All religions suck. I was raised Mormon which meant my illusion was blown when I was in the temple in a fucking green apron and a baker's hat being intimidated to swear that all I have and will have will be the LDS Church's in order to become a God. None of the group sex orgies rumored to take place in the secrecy of the temple were true and there were some hot babes in the prayer circle with me. Damn!

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Rush Limbaugh actually sells greed and corporations are good. That's his main message. That being said, corporations have now become monopolies and have taken over sovergn nations as the divide between the poor and the rich widens and the rich become richer. The world is ran by corporations now and Rush thinks it's great. He doesn't give a damn about the people who have had their jobs outsourced and their health care priced beyond what they can afford. He's rich and that's all he care's about.

Terry
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
The best Dead album is the first one.

Nah.......American Beauty / Workingman's Dead [tie]

Plus, isn't Rush still a bit of a fatty?

All that extra girth can't be too good for his ticker...

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Those are good as well. Like most bands, I always love the raw energy of first albums. You hear the excitement and the enthusiasm.

Seshmeister
01-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Part of the reason is that a bands first album(s) are usually written over a period of a few years and tested with audiences whereas later albums are written over a few weeks.

FORD
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
The production on that first album was horrible though. But then, the Dead were always about the live show. They had to make records to get on the radio, but the first three records were really just live recordings in the studio.

Workingman's Dead and American Beauty was when they started taking the studio more seriously. There was going to be a third album in that "trilogy" but 1971 is when the band started getting sick of Warner Brothers, and decided they would just take the new songs on the road, record them there and end up with a live album, made up of mostly new songs. They also wanted to name that album "Skullfuck" just to piss off the label but were advised against it by somebody who wasn't as high as they were. Instead the album ended up without an official title.

http://home.frognet.net/~scott/GDLive.jpg

Gotta wonder what some of the songs from that era might have sounded like if they had been done in the studio in the same style as WD/AB were though, with all the acoustic guitars and Jerry playing steel guitar, etc.

FORD
01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
This performance was NOT on that album, but it should have been.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_3nYixwNn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_3nYixwNn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

standin
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
You may as well give it up, ULTRAMAN

These stooges hate real success...

How can you possibly think that male is a "real" success???

ULTRAMAN VH
01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a panic attack, assuming something actually DID happen to him. Panic attack symptoms can be mistaken for heart attacks, and Mush leads a very sheltered life most of the time. He doesn't even do his radio show from a radio station like most other radio hosts, but instead built a studio in a converted pool cabana behind his mansion in Florida. Literally, the guy hardly ever leaves his house. Last time was probably the right wing CPAC convention last year, and if you saw his act there, it was obvious that he was heavily medicated.

Are you sure you're not talking about Eddie Van Halen?

FORD
01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Well I doubt Eddie was at the CPAC convention, but aside from that, the similarities are kinda scary, now that you mention it. :eek:

Nitro Express
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Are you sure you're not talking about Eddie Van Halen?

LOL! If the studio was in a converted racketball court it would be Ed.

GAR
01-03-2010, 02:28 AM

He was correct though, wasn't he? So what's you're point: guy has chest pains, gets checked out, so you start a thread talking about how soft his knob is?

I think you're the one high as a kite.

GAR
01-03-2010, 02:29 AM
FWIW I think the guy's an egomaniac and can't stand him, if he's not discussing something relevant.

ELVIS
01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Maybe Rush faked it so he could give the healthcare system a good report...

Nickdfresh
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Or maybe he should have gone to the ER for the acute "Head Up His Ass Disingenuous Syndrome" he apparently has...

FORD
01-03-2010, 02:17 PM

So in other words, he's lying as usual?

At least BecKKK was honest about the health care system after his ass surgery. Of course, he didn't work for FAUX then ;)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

GAR
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not gonna say that just because I don't give a fuck about Rush, that nobody else gives a shit.

Maybe this is FORD's way of sneaking in his closeted conservativism thru the side-door of a Rush attack.

Could anyone else here give a shit if Rush croaks? I don't. All that guy did during the Bush years was chant "rah rah Bush."

Not to say I'm a Bush-basher either.. I'm not. I could give a fuck about either one.

bueno bob
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Well, either that or he faked it for more drugs.

Either or.

FORD
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Maybe this is FORD's way of sneaking in his closeted conservativism thru the side-door of a Rush attack.

The day that I'm a conservative will be the same day that Satan opens a ski resort in Hell.

JJ Hobson
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Speaking of Wicca, check out the following article ...

Institute on Religion & Democracy (IRD): "Wicca’s Invitation: Pagan Practices Are Meeting With An Increasingly Receptive Audience In the Episcopal Church: Is It the Consequence Of An Unmet Need?" ...

Institute on Religion & Democracy (IRD) (http://www.theird.org/Page.aspx?pid=1333)

An interesting (IMO, at least!) excerpt ...

An Unmet Need

After years of researching Wicca, Sanders has empathy for women like Lanyi that have looked to pagan ritual.

“There definitely is a hunger,” Sanders explained. The author observed that croning rituals tend to draw older women, while younger women seek rituals involving nature. Many times, the rituals grew out of desire to be recognized or acknowledged.

“Older women have a lot of wisdom, and they do have a special place in our society,” Sanders said. “But the fact that our society has this view that women need to make themselves better (through things like plastic surgery), that’s the result of sin and the fall.”

“A lot of these women are looking to affirm something that they don’t think is being met,” Saunders said. Quoting author Arthur Lindsley of the C.S. Lewis Institute, Sanders surmises that sometimes “people are interested in neopaganism because of the unpaid bills of the church.”

Dude, I was raised Catholic and the closest I ever came to any kind of a ritual was when I joined a sorority which was more or less a self-serving bitch club for women with all sorts of deep-rooted psychological issues.

Another except from the IRD article ...

“It would be good for churches to consider ways to honor who God created us to be, the things we are experiencing,” Sanders said. But Sanders added that if rituals do not point to Jesus, they don’t have a place in the church.

“The Gospel is the best answer for those people,” Sanders said. “As a result of sin, we don’t honor women the way we should, and therefore they are reaching out. These are people that are in our midst that are hurting, and if it means reading up on these rituals, that will help us understand where they are coming from.”

“In modern 21st century America, we think we know what we need, and that’s a dangerous place to be in,” Sanders said. “We need to constantly glorify him [Jesus].”

I don't mean to make you angry, Kristy ... So please, be gentle--LOL! :)

Kristy
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Listen, I know many people involved with Wicca (most of them being women) and personally regarded their beliefs as another means of escapism that you would find in just about any church whether it be Catholic or Protestant. Young women turn to Wicca out of need to belong to something that doesn't judge them on the basis of not being pretty, curvy or popular enough and this is why they identify with the "Earth Goddess" and other feminine overtones in rituals. Now is that a positive thing or does it belong in traditional church doctrines I don't know but no one I know who practices Wiccian beliefs is patronizing, discriminating or killing others in the name of Wicca. So in that case, more power to them.

JJ Hobson
01-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Listen, I know many people involved with Wicca (most of them being women) ...

I had a friend whose sister was Wiccan, and who was dating a Wiccan ... They were a little on the strange side, but ultimately pretty harmless ...

When I was about 15 years old or so, I even role-played with them and my friend once, using G.U.R.P.S. (Generic Universal Role-Playing System) ... My friend's sister's boyfriend was the GM (Game Master)--and, therefore, was responsible for controlling all characters not controlled by us ...